FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: The Deshaun Watson Discussion Thread

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:57 pm

Lumps wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:17 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:54 pm
MFundercover wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:38 pm Hes gonna ball
Nah, not unless they start throwing at least say, 26 times per game.
I am far from a Watson truther and I own no shares. I just don’t see how they give him that contract and trade those picks to continue to be top 5 in rushing. It COULD happen, but if it does that is some gross mismanagement of resources.
I just don't care, to be honest. I do think there are sort of 2 factions of "Watson owners", though. I think it's funny so many want to defend the guy because they roster him on their FF team. I'm not talking the people who roster him, and just deal with it...they say, hey it's FF, and I don't know these guys, and such. I'm talking the people who clearly come around to justify his actions to make themselves feel OK about what he did. The ones that actively engage to try and justify their own roster decision on it, and actually borderline berate those, often in a passive aggressive manner, those who may take a different tone on how they manage their FF roster.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:06 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:59 pm
Stepanski is still the HC, right? The guy whose Browns ranked 4, 4, and 5 in the NFL in rushing attempts in his 3 years there? The same guy who in his one year as OC in MIN before he became a HC in CLE had the 4th ranked team in rushing attempts? And they still have Chubb at RB? And now they’re going to hold Chubb to 12 carries a game?

Um, okay.
The same organization and team that just guaranteed a QB's entire contract for $230M.

They don't have any incentive to do anything else except put Watson in the best position they can to put up numbers. I don't think it means Chubb is going to get 10 carries, because he's still an elite back with a good offensive line, but again...they don't have any choice right now. They have to justify the contract. It's completely guaranteed and immovable.

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:23 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:57 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:54 pm

Nah, not unless they start throwing at least say, 26 times per game.
I am far from a Watson truther and I own no shares. I just don’t see how they give him that contract and trade those picks to continue to be top 5 in rushing. It COULD happen, but if it does that is some gross mismanagement of resources.
I just don't care, to be honest. I do think there are sort of 2 factions of "Watson owners", though. I think it's funny so many want to defend the guy because they roster him on their FF team. I'm not talking the people who roster him, and just deal with it...they say, hey it's FF, and I don't know these guys, and such. I'm talking the people who clearly come around to justify his actions to make themselves feel OK about what he did. The ones that actively engage to try and justify their own roster decision on it, and actually borderline berate those, often in a passive aggressive manner, those who may take a different tone on how they manage their FF roster.
All I said was "hes gonna ball"

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:33 am

MFundercover wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:23 am

:lol: :lol:

FF is good people. I think his comment was worded purposefully to not imply it towards anyone directly. Remember, it's fantasy football. Our nerd escape from the world. :grouphug:

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:30 am

Ok, but why you think he'll ball? You ignoring how he played last year? Or, you think he'll continue to be inefficient he'll just get tons of volume?
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:46 am

He's a very talented football player, at a prime age physically. A full offseason program leading up to a week 1 start will do wonders for him.

Hes gonna ball.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:59 am

I moved both of my Watson shares.

RB-Premium League

Watson + Jeudy + EMoore + 2024 1st + 2025 1st (mid to late picks)
for 1.01 + Jimmy G + some garbage WRs

Superflex

Watson
for Cousins + DJM + 2024 1st (late)
D3:
QB—Allen, JJM RB—Gibbs, Kamara, Jacobs, LLOYD, Zamir, Edwards, Ford, Warren, McLaughlin WR—MHJ, Lamb, Olave, DJM, Shaheed, RICE, VJefferson TE—Engram, Muth, Washington, Kraft, THEO PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, BENSON, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, POLK, CORLEY, COWING, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, TJOHNSON, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, RATTLER RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Mostert, BRob, ESTIME WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Lockett, Myers, COWING, MWASHINGTON TE—Kmet, Kraft, SANDERS, Conklin, Hurst PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: MAYE, Goff, Cousins, PENIX RB: Bijan, BRob, Zamir, Allgeier, McLaughlin, Hull WR: HARRISON, DJM, Higgins, JSN, BTHOMAS, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, COWING, Reynolds TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Hurst, WILEY, Trautman, Tremble, Dissly, Reiman

Ray Finkle
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Ray Finkle » Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:43 am

MFundercover wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:46 am He's a very talented football player, at a prime age physically. A full offseason program leading up to a week 1 start will do wonders for him.

Hes gonna ball.
I agree. I own zero shares and my assessment of him is that he’s a douche but I’m looking to acquire if the price is right.

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Thu Mar 30, 2023 4:43 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:30 am

Ok, but why you think he'll ball? You ignoring how he played last year? Or, you think he'll continue to be inefficient he'll just get tons of volume?
Extrapolation be damned, but if you do for Watson's 2022 stats over 17 games, he'd have finished as QB13 ahead of Rogers. He's a solid floor play with upside, locked into a starting role for the foreseeable future.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Nix
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, Connor, Benson
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Woods

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:28 pm

Wow, finished ahead of a guy who had a broken phalange. Stud.

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:17 pm

Finished ahead of most starting QBs after a 2 year layoff*

Ball.

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Fri Mar 31, 2023 2:40 am

he'll uncover his full potential and reach for that bottom (half of QB1s...)

SoftwoodGrampian
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby SoftwoodGrampian » Fri Mar 31, 2023 3:21 am

killer_of_giants wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 2:40 am he'll uncover his full potential and reach for that bottom (half of QB1s...)
This is low key sexual

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Fri Mar 31, 2023 3:37 am

SoftwoodGrampian wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 3:21 am
killer_of_giants wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 2:40 am he'll uncover his full potential and reach for that bottom (half of QB1s...)
This is low key sexual
There was nothing low-key about it

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Mar 31, 2023 4:33 am

March is really when these boards hit rock bottom