DK Metcalf is your 1.01 now.

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Re: DK Metcalf is your 1.01 now.

Postby Patsfan86 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:40 am

Vcize wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:37 am Plays in prime time tonight against a weak defense. After showing out in prime time in his last game too right now may be the last chance to buy him for anything less than randy moss in his prime on the vikings type prices.

I am rooting for a bad game even though I have several shares just to maybe give one last buying opportunity where I don't already have him, but I have a feeling he becomes completely untouchable after today.
Same feeling too, i think the way they won the last game finally truly solidified him over lockett. Russ knows what he has in DK. Lockett will still be very fantasy relevant and will get his catches but Wilson knows who his guy is now.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:52 pm

Gotta be honest, I understand the hype because he's young, physically imposing, and has scored really well, but we might be getting a little crazy here. Weird to mention Moss in his prime.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:25 pm

dynastyninja wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:52 pm Gotta be honest, I understand the hype because he's young, physically imposing, and has scored really well, but we might be getting a little crazy here. Weird to mention Moss in his prime.
Maybe a little early...

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:30 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:25 pm
dynastyninja wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:52 pm Gotta be honest, I understand the hype because he's young, physically imposing, and has scored really well, but we might be getting a little crazy here. Weird to mention Moss in his prime.
Maybe a little early...
DK had a huge play missed by an undethrow by Russ. He's been largely ineffective tonight. Doesn't change my view on him in the least. All WR's have this type of game. He's not Moss, though.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:34 pm

We've had Randy Moss, Jerry Rice, and Calvin Johnson in this thread.

It's definitely overboard.. (nothing to do with today's game)

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:45 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:30 pm
Maybe a little early...
DK had a huge play missed by an undethrow by Russ. He's been largely ineffective tonight. Doesn't change my view on him in the least. All WR's have this type of game. He's not Moss, though.
Like CG just said... It's not a knock on him that he isn't Moss in his prime. People are just way too ahead of themselves. He's got the potential but I mean, we're talking about a top 5 all time WR...

I'm sure after this quiet game though people will be on someone else this week and off of DK. That's how this redraft forum works

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:49 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:45 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:30 pm

Maybe a little early...
Like CG just said... It's not a knock on him that he isn't Moss in his prime. People are just way too ahead of themselves. He's got the potential but I mean, we're talking about a top 5 all time WR...

I'm sure after this quiet game though people will be on someone else this week and off of DK. That's how this redraft forum works
Nobody is. Just like Lamb being Dynasty WR1 after 6 games, playing out of the slot, with Coop and another good WR on the outside, with a team throwing 50 times a game. I wasn't trying to go against your post, I was trying to provide context to the point that DK is a legit top end WR, but not Moss. Sorry if it came across differently. BTW, I often wonder if these people that say that actually lived through Moss, or just watched a 7 minute highlight video.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:42 pm

Weak minded Metcalf owners, if you have even the tiniest shred of doubt about what you're holding onto I am coming to pilfer your DKs.

If all goes according to plan, I will own him in all 10 of my dynasty leagues before next week's game kicks off.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

jjleurquin
Captain
Captain

Postby jjleurquin » Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:17 pm

Patsfan86 wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:40 am
Vcize wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:37 am Plays in prime time tonight against a weak defense. After showing out in prime time in his last game too right now may be the last chance to buy him for anything less than randy moss in his prime on the vikings type prices.

I am rooting for a bad game even though I have several shares just to maybe give one last buying opportunity where I don't already have him, but I have a feeling he becomes completely untouchable after today.
Same feeling too, i think the way they won the last game finally truly solidified him over lockett. Russ knows what he has in DK. Lockett will still be very fantasy relevant and will get his catches but Wilson knows who his guy is now.
Spoke a little too soon there. LOL

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:01 am

One game should not change your evaluation of a player (barring major injury). This is dynasty. At the same time, the people putting DK in the top 5 all time already need to relax a bit. It's not out of the realm that he develops into that caliber of player, but he's not there. I'll be making offers for DK and Lamb this week trying to find someone with too much redraft mentality.

For someone who had a chance to watch the whole game last night, what slowed DK down? Good coverage? Double teams? Just easier to throw to a wide open Lockett?
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Burrow
RB |
WR | Puka, Olave, Smith, Flowers, Dotson, Addison
TE | Pitts, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1.01, 1.02, 4.01, 5.01
| 1stx3, 3rdx3

10 Team | SF | PPR | 2023 Champ
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Allen, Stroud, Young
RB | K Williams, White, Monty, Herbert, Chandler
WR | Lamb, AJB, Puka, Waddle, Mooney, J. Williams, Watson, Davis
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1.04, 3.10

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, K Williams, Singletary, Henry, A Jones, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Puka, Flowers, Downs,
TE | Hockenson, Likely, Otton

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:22 am

CGW wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:01 am One game should not change your evaluation of a player (barring major injury). This is dynasty. At the same time, the people putting DK in the top 5 all time already need to relax a bit. It's not out of the realm that he develops into that caliber of player, but he's not there. I'll be making offers for DK and Lamb this week trying to find someone with too much redraft mentality.

For someone who had a chance to watch the whole game last night, what slowed DK down? Good coverage? Double teams? Just easier to throw to a wide open Lockett?
I think Pat Pete was on him a lot. I didn't think Pat Pete was still the same guy he was years back, but he is a bigger, athletic Corner. Russ was definitely locked on Lockett

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:56 am

CGW wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:01 am One game should not change your evaluation of a player (barring major injury). This is dynasty. At the same time, the people putting DK in the top 5 all time already need to relax a bit. It's not out of the realm that he develops into that caliber of player, but he's not there. I'll be making offers for DK and Lamb this week trying to find someone with too much redraft mentality.

I haven't heard anyone put DK in the top 5 all time already.....Not a single person. He has done very well so far in under 2 years. Yes buying him is a good idea.

His best play last night was making up around 20 yards to prevent a pick six which was a amazing show of both speed and effort. His second best was a bubble screen he took to the house on a long TD which was called back on a call you don't see made much.

Lockett was wide open all night and was in perfect sync with Wilson. DK is young still developing talent but safeties are certainly shading his way.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

hoos89
Legend
Legend

Postby hoos89 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:34 am

I think he's referring to people making comparisons to Moss and Megatron. People aren't saying he's top 5 all time, but they're coming awfully close to saying he's as good as players who were.
Team 1: 2012-2016
2013 Champion, 2012 Runner-Up

Team 2: 12 Team PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 R/W/T, 23 man rosters, est. 2016
2021 Champion, 2020 Runner-up
Tua, Purdy, Rodgers, Geno, Carr
JT, Javonte, Chubb, Ekeler, Mostert, Chuba, D. Harris, M. Carter, J. Hill, Spiller
Chase, Lamb, Amon-Ra, Aiyuk, DJM, Dell, M. Williams
Andrews, McBride, Engram
IR(3):
Taxi(4): J. Palmer, Tolbert, T. Palmer
2024 Picks: 3, 4, 5

Team 3: 12 Team PPR, 6 pt Pass TD - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 3 R/W/T, 28 man rosters, est. 2019
2021 Champion, 2022 Runner-up
Jackson, Love, Tannehill, Z. Wilson
Barkley, Mixon, Mostert, J. Wilson, CEH, Gaskin, J. Hill
J. Jefferson, Diggs, Waddle, Evans, Metcalf, Sutton, R. Moore, Slayton, Berrios, Carter, Dortch, Powell, Raymond
Kelce, Pitts, Dissly, Hooper

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:52 am

hoos89 wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:34 am I think he's referring to people making comparisons to Moss and Megatron. People aren't saying he's top 5 all time, but they're coming awfully close to saying he's as good as players who were.
Comparing elite players to all time great players at common points in their careers will never change and there is nothing wrong with that.

A player like DK has similar athletic traits to Megatron and Julio and in some metrics even better. Like those two he wasn't a polished route runner and early in his career he has been dominating in part due to his freakish athletic ability.

People are smart enough to figure out that comping players at points in a career track doesn't mean that player will ultimately reach their heights but it does show upside value.

DK's value today easily rivals Megatron's or Julio's at a similar timeline. If one want's to buy him today the buyer is going to have to pay a high price.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

steelman
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby steelman » Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:21 am

Nothing really slowed him down other than Wilson chose to go to other guys. That's the nature of football. Lockett was far from open on most of his catches, Wilson just put it where it needed to be. DK will have more stinkers in his career. All WR's do. Just the way it goes.