Why is the majority so high on Miles Sanders???

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Why is the majority so high on Miles Sanders???

Postby kmbryant09 » Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:22 pm

kmbryant09 wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 7:58 pm I think Sanders is having one of the most unlucky fantasy seasons I can remember.

First off, I think fantasy owners need to realize a good deal of production is luck. Luck is a trigger word for some, so maybe variance is the better way to phrase it.

Consider this - Sanders is playing ~65% of RB snaps on the season when healthy, which is above average across the league. He's played 9 full games, is averaging 5.2 yards per carry, and Philadelphia RBs have accounted for 12 touchdowns on the season. His per-17 game pace is 2015/1100 with another 45/280 through the air and we're all aware of how underutilized he was during the first 2 months of the season. And yet somehow he has zero TDs. Some people blame Sanders, some blame Hurts, some blame Sirianni. Its also very likely that he's just been really unlucky and really on the wrong side of variance this season.

No player in the NFL has more than 67 touches without a TD. And Sanders has 135 without one, meaning he has more touches than the next 2 scoreless players combined! Sh!t, he could have 5 TDs right now and I'd argue he's probably due a couple more. I'd also like to add that his IR stint happened to coincide with perhaps the juiciest schedule of run defenses in the league (no wonder his backups feasted in his absence).

Hurt early against the Raiders (29th against RBs) then misses games against the Lions (27th), Chargers (29th), and Broncos (13th). All while facing one of the hardest slates of run defenses during the first 6 weeks (Dallas, Tampa Bay, and Carolina are all top8 against RBs).

Bottom line is he's been extremely effective (more efficient than any RB on the team) but has just been really unlucky in the TD department. Yeah it sucks, and it might not change over the next few weeks in time to salvage his/your season. But all of these takes about ineffectiveness, inconsistency, poor vision, not a starter type takes are just not it.
This was such an obvious call last year - hope you guys acquired all the Miles Sanders shares in the off-season!

Time will tell if he can handle a full workload throughout a season / multiple seasons, but he looks like a potential league-winner this year. And some people said he's not even a starting RB :think:
10-team/.5 PPR Q RR WWW TE FF
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Coleman, AD Mitchell
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram

12-team PPR/SF/TEP (+1PPR) Q RR WW TE FFF SF
QB - J. Hurts / D. Prescott / J. Love / B. Nix
RB - J. Taylor / K. Walker / J. Mixon / J. Brooks / D. Singletary / J. McLaughlin
WR - B. Aiyuk / K. Allen / S. Diggs / R. Odunze / X. Worthy / T. Franklin / J. Palmer / G. Davis / R. Doubs
TE - M. Andrews / D. Kincaid

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:32 pm

kmbryant09 wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:22 pm
kmbryant09 wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 7:58 pm I think Sanders is having one of the most unlucky fantasy seasons I can remember.

First off, I think fantasy owners need to realize a good deal of production is luck. Luck is a trigger word for some, so maybe variance is the better way to phrase it.

Consider this - Sanders is playing ~65% of RB snaps on the season when healthy, which is above average across the league. He's played 9 full games, is averaging 5.2 yards per carry, and Philadelphia RBs have accounted for 12 touchdowns on the season. His per-17 game pace is 2015/1100 with another 45/280 through the air and we're all aware of how underutilized he was during the first 2 months of the season. And yet somehow he has zero TDs. Some people blame Sanders, some blame Hurts, some blame Sirianni. Its also very likely that he's just been really unlucky and really on the wrong side of variance this season.

No player in the NFL has more than 67 touches without a TD. And Sanders has 135 without one, meaning he has more touches than the next 2 scoreless players combined! Sh!t, he could have 5 TDs right now and I'd argue he's probably due a couple more. I'd also like to add that his IR stint happened to coincide with perhaps the juiciest schedule of run defenses in the league (no wonder his backups feasted in his absence).

Hurt early against the Raiders (29th against RBs) then misses games against the Lions (27th), Chargers (29th), and Broncos (13th). All while facing one of the hardest slates of run defenses during the first 6 weeks (Dallas, Tampa Bay, and Carolina are all top8 against RBs).

Bottom line is he's been extremely effective (more efficient than any RB on the team) but has just been really unlucky in the TD department. Yeah it sucks, and it might not change over the next few weeks in time to salvage his/your season. But all of these takes about ineffectiveness, inconsistency, poor vision, not a starter type takes are just not it.
This was such an obvious call last year - hope you guys acquired all the Miles Sanders shares in the off-season!

Time will tell if he can handle a full workload throughout a season / multiple seasons, but he looks like a potential league-winner this year. And some people said he's not even a starting RB :think:
There are no league winners so far this year. A league winner, at least it used to be, is CMC's big year, or Kupp last year. Guys who basically lap the field at their position, giving a major advantage over all others.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:22 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:32 pm There are no league winners so far this year. A league winner, at least it used to be, is CMC's big year, or Kupp last year. Guys who basically lap the field at their position, giving a major advantage over all others.
Yep. Zero RB drafters are having a banner year in redrafts.
Saquon Barkley's 86 fantasy points is the lowest for an overall RB1 through the first four weeks of a season since 1997. (Curtis Martin, 84.7 FPs)
https://twitter.com/RyanMc23/status/1576975818735210496

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Tue Oct 04, 2022 11:24 am

Space Cowboy wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 12:56 pm Boston Scott lol
10 months later and it's even more lol worthy.

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Tue Nov 01, 2022 5:55 pm

What are our thoughts on Sanders now?

Gotta think if you own him sell him now. To me Eagles look like a prime spot to grab Bijan next year and walk away from Sanders
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Tue Nov 01, 2022 6:02 pm

DJB wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 5:55 pm What are our thoughts on Sanders now?

Gotta think if you own him sell him now. To me Eagles look like a prime spot to grab Bijan next year and walk away from Sanders
This is a fantasy football dream, that never pans out.

“Chiefs are gonna take Pickens.” Then the Chiefs showed us “we have Pickens at home.” Skyy Moore fumbling everywhere.

I would rather the Cowboys move on from Zeke and take Bijan. We all know how Jerry loves to take them Texas/local boys.

As for Miles it’s hard to say. I think he would maybe benefit from a change of scenery and do better elsewhere. He has very low miles on him dating back to college being behind Saquon.

Forza_Azzurri
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Tue Nov 01, 2022 6:07 pm

I don't think he's with the Eagles next year. I own him in a salary cap league & need to make a tough decision on him. He'll need to go to a high powered offense or I'll have to cut him loose.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Tue Nov 01, 2022 6:24 pm

I've no idea where he lands next year. Obviously, if they re-sign him - then massive W for any purchaser.

With the crazy list of FA RB's hitting the market, it's quite possible that he ends up stuck in a timeshare that he's on the lesser side of.

All things being equal, I could see the Eagles passing on him in favour of Saquon/Hunt/Jacobs/Penny OR one of the 2023 rookies if Sanders asks for that kind of money. It will once again be a buyers market at RB.

For contenders right now though: Sanders is a great pickup if you can leverage the above information into a rational price. (I just bought for 2 late 2nds myself to help with the stretch run)

Consider the Eagles remaining schedule:
@ Texans
Washington
@ Colts
Packers
Titans
@ Giants
@ Bears
@ Cowboys
Saints

That's a lot of big leads that are going to need nursing behind the #1 OL in football.

MontrealBen
Starter
Starter

Postby MontrealBen » Tue Nov 01, 2022 6:27 pm

mild wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 6:24 pm

I've no idea where he lands next year. Obviously, if they re-sign him - then massive W for any purchaser.

With the crazy list of FA RB's hitting the market, it's quite possible that he ends up stuck in a timeshare that he's on the lesser side of.

All things being equal, I could see the Eagles passing on him in favour of Saquon/Hunt/Jacobs/Penny OR one of the 2023 rookies if Sanders asks for that kind of money. It will once again be a buyers market at RB.

For contenders right now though: Sanders is a great pickup if you can leverage the above information into a rational price. (I just bought for 2 late 2nds myself to help with the stretch run)

Consider the Eagles remaining schedule:
@ Texans
Washington
@ Colts
Packers
Titans
@ Giants
@ Bears
@ Cowboys
Saints

That's a lot of big leads that are going to need nursing behind the #1 OL in football.
As someone who traded for Sanders a few weeks ago in one league, I would really like this to be true. He had nine carries against Pittsburgh... :think: :?

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Tue Nov 01, 2022 6:30 pm

MontrealBen wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 6:27 pm As someone who traded for Sanders a few weeks ago in one league, I would really like this to be true. He had nine carries against Pittsburgh... :think: :?
They sat him in the 2nd half because Pittsburgh did nothing to show up to the party.

AND he still got home with a TD and averaged 8.6 yards a carry on those touches.

Can't really complain when he's involved in the #3 scoring offense in fantasy this year (points p/game).

MontrealBen
Starter
Starter

Postby MontrealBen » Tue Nov 01, 2022 6:39 pm

mild wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 6:30 pm
MontrealBen wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 6:27 pm As someone who traded for Sanders a few weeks ago in one league, I would really like this to be true. He had nine carries against Pittsburgh... :think: :?
They sat him in the 2nd half because Pittsburgh did nothing to show up to the party.
Oh, I know! That's kinda my concern, though. If they're going to run up on the score on inferior opponents, they can sit Sanders and let Scott/Gainwell take the hits. I hope I'm wrong, of course.
AND he still got home with a TD and averaged 8.6 yards a carry on those touches.

Can't really complain when he's involved in the #3 scoring offense in fantasy this year (points p/game).
Definitely not complaining about the outcome. If this offense can keep setting him up to deliver on efficiency, your deal (and mine) are going to work out really well.

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Wed Nov 02, 2022 6:55 am

I think ppl thought he physically could not score a touchdown. Like biologically.

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Wed Nov 02, 2022 7:15 am

Space Cowboy wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 6:55 am I think ppl thought he physically could not score a touchdown. Like biologically.
:lol:

i sold for alec pierce and a '23 2nd during a rookie draft. i think that's about fair, given the way he's played this season. he's not a thumper and in a committee he's more suited between the 20s, which caps his value a bit, but he is also capable of big plays.

he's been phased out from the passing game along his nfl career, probably due to a few drops too many, which is too bad, as a few schemed screens to get him the ball in the open would do damage i think.

MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Postby MacDaddy123 » Fri Nov 04, 2022 10:30 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:32 pm There are no league winners so far this year. A league winner, at least it used to be, is CMC's big year, or Kupp last year. Guys who basically lap the field at their position, giving a major advantage over all others.
We have different ideas of what a league winner is. For me, and most that I talk to, leagues winners are about spectacular value, not about league leading scorers.

I would say that Kupp qualified as a league winner in 2021 because he was a 4th round pick.
CMC, not so much, because he was a 1st round pick.

So for me, in 2022, players like Rhamandre Stevenson, Dameon Pierce, Miles Sanders, Geno Smith, Jamaal Williams, Zach Ertz, Amari Cooper, Tyler Lockett, Jakobi Meyers would rank as league winners so far in 2022.

Everyone expects top production out of their 1st and 2nd round picks, but when you get RB1, WR1, TE1, or QB1 production out of your 9th - 17th round pick, those are the players that win leagues for people.

Cherokee
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Cherokee » Sun Nov 06, 2022 7:39 am

Doesnt one and only mean one... and only?
A league winner is a player that can singlehandedly win you your league. How is there any debate to what the definition is. I must be getting old.
AD in 2012 was my favorite LW of all time.
12 Team 1QB IDP Full PPR Start 8
QB- Kenny Pickett, Jake Haener, Clayton Tune
RB- Jerrick McKinnon, Elijah Mitchell, Gus Edwards, Kenneth Gainwell, TDP, Jordan Mason
WR- Rondale Moore, Drake London, Jordan Addison, Terrence Marshall , Garrett Wilson, Chris Olave, Mecole Hardman, Rashid Shaheed, David Bell
TE- Michael Mayer, Likely, Chig, Cade Otten
LB- Jewell, Deablo, Troy Anderson
DE- Phillips, Highsmith
DB- Brisker, Hufanga, Cine
Taxi Squad: Chase Brown, A.T. Perry, Keaton Mitchell, Khalan Laborn, Lew Nichols lll