Ice
Legend
Legend

Re: Rashee Rice or Justyn Ross?

Postby Ice » Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:25 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:39 am
Ice wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:26 am
Bronco Billy wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:00 am

If you look at your vehicle insurance, I’d imagine you’ll find exclusionary clauses that include activities like racing of any kind. He can submit to his insurance on his vehicle and most probably have the claim denied, the rental company will contact their insurance company (if he took it out) and they will likely be denied, and then the liability likely will go directly to him as the owner/renter of both racing vehicles even if he asserts he wasn’t driving since he has deep pockets and authorized use of the vehicles at the least. Then the insurance companies of the other vehicles/people involved will go directly at him as well. He’ll probably get current assets and future earnings attached.

And that’s just the financial end and doesn’t touch the criminal aspect or league discipline. This kind of high visibility action is not going to be viewed in a kindly light by The Shield even if the jurisdictional authority decides to go easy.
Texas law requires drivers carry at least liability insurance which is what I was referring to.

It covers up to x dollars for the vehicles and medical costs of those not at fault. Can’t remember the minimum but I think most would carry 6 figures on their policies.

Doesn’t mean Rice won’t get sued as well but I imagine he had insurance with those cars given value.
Yeah, I get that Ice. But almost all - if not all - insurance policies will have exclusionary clauses. With auto insurance racing is usually encompassed in these. That would preclude any claims in this case. Insurance policies do not cover any and all actions by the insured.
I don't care what happens to Rice and his personal coverage but his Liability insurance will cover some if not all of any outside injured parties property or medical. If the insurance companies don't step up to cover the affected others they will get sued and lose. BTW Rice would probably also get sued.

That law states Texas motorists must carry this insurance and it is designed to protect the innocent bystanders from accidents or stupid behaviors like this or drunk driving as another example.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:29 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:42 am
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:56 pm We've seen people throw money at situations to make them go away. Doubt much will happen here, maybe he gets suspended a few games. Doesn't really matter much within the context of his entire career. The equivalent to pulling a hammy.
Yeah it's a shitty decision. But, it's also the reality of what happens when 20 something year olds start making millions and can effortlessly afford top of the line cars. He won't be the last to do something like this.
Yep. This isn't an indication of an evil person.

When I was 20-21, I was going from 0-60 as fast as I could, and flooring it on the highway every now and then.

Of course, I was driving a 4-cylinder Honda or lawn-mower engine Hyundai at the time ... so a little different than a Lambo. Once, I got my hands on a tricked out Camaro. I did a couple of doughnuts and almost spun out into a telephone pole. Or I could have spun out the other direction and mowed down people standing in the street watching me. Stone cold sober. Just couldn't handle the power, even though my immature male brain assured me I could. I also used to jump off buildings and run barefoot over gravel roads. Young men aren't always so smart.

Rashee Rice isn't Son Of Sam. He's just a kid who had no idea what he was doing. The good news is he probably won't ever do it again. I never did.

I went on to raise a family, mentor underprivileged kids/teens, and help a lot of people. Nope, never became a serial killer. :shifty:
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, CWilliams
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JFord, Corum, JWright
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, Q Johnston, DeDouglas, MCorley
TE: Goedert, Okongwo
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, DLloyd; (DE/DL) Sieler; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, Singletary, AJD, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, VJefferson, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:34 am

Anteaters wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:29 am
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:56 pm We've seen people throw money at situations to make them go away. Doubt much will happen here, maybe he gets suspended a few games. Doesn't really matter much within the context of his entire career. The equivalent to pulling a hammy.
Yeah it's a shitty decision. But, it's also the reality of what happens when 20 something year olds start making millions and can effortlessly afford top of the line cars. He won't be the last to do something like this.

When I was 20-21, I was going from 0-60 as fast as I could, and flooring it on the highway every now and then.

Of course, I was driving a 4-cylinder Honda or lawn-mower engine Hyundai at the time ... so a little different than a Lambo. Once, I got my hands on a tricked out Camaro. I did a couple of doughnuts and almost spun out into a telephone pole. Or I could have spun out the other direction and mowed down people standing in the street watching me. Stone cold sober. Just couldn't handle the power, even though my immature male brain assured me I could.

Rashee Rice isn't Son Of Sam. He's just a kid who had no idea what he was doing. The good news is he probably won't ever do it again. I never did.
Not really, He had to know he left the scene of an accident. He deserves no pass for that and should pay a price.

Pretty sure most of us have done stupid things but not stopping to render aid instead choosing to run and hide is very bad behavior.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

81-
Captain
Captain

Postby 81- » Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:02 am

Appears he texted the rental company saying he will take care of it
He better hope he gets a second contract.
12 Team, 1QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1Flex, D, K, 10 Bench
1PPR, 0.5 point per carry.
Burrow, Richardson
AJ Brown, DJMoore, G Wilson, T Higgens, Sutton, Tillman, Melton
King Henry, Bijan, Pacheco, Mixon, Ford, JK
Hockenson, Musgrave
Random Kicker
Niners

Picks in 2024 - #15, #22, #23, #27

Bronco Billy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:40 am

Of course, I was driving a 4-cylinder Honda or lawn-mower engine Hyundai at the time ... so a little different than a Lambo. Once, I got my hands on a tricked out Camaro. I did a couple of doughnuts and almost spun out into a telephone pole. Or I could have spun out the other direction and mowed down people standing in the street watching me. Stone cold sober. Just couldn't handle the power, even though my immature male brain assured me I could. I also used to jump off buildings and run barefoot over gravel roads. Young men aren't always so smart.

I went on to raise a family, mentor underprivileged kids/teens, and help a lot of people. Nope, never became a serial killer. :shifty:
What a terrible take.

Geez, well golly I guess he just couldn’t help himself. Everyone involved just shrug your shoulders and wish him the best moving forward. Have a great life.

Now I’m hardly a saint. I did stupid things when I was a young man as well. But I understood the concepts of responsibility and consequences, and when things went sideways I took ownership for my actions and accepted the outcomes. I also took great pains to not put others in danger despite my poor judgments at the time. We all knew what we were doing was wrong but chose to do it anyhow in the name of fun and having a thrill.

For Christ’s sake, to say that 20 somethings were street racing in the evening on a multiple lane highway and had no idea of what they were doing? wtf? How does any adult come to that conclusion?

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:19 am

Could this thread of "Rice vs Ross" turn into a street racing debate?

Who would win if they both were in a lambo?
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:24 am

First of all, Rice is 23. Not 20-21. He's not a kid. Secondly, he had an idea of what he was doing. The fact both of his vehicles were being used for a street race, suggests he in fact, orchestrated a street race with high end sports cars that nobody else in his crew likely had the finances to do.

We can argue what "evil" is, and I am not sure people are making the claim he's "evil" in the sense of being a psychopathic serial killer's equivalent.

He is however a morally bereft person. Only one who is can orchestrate something with such a lack of regard for the safety other humans around them.

There are plenty of young NFL players who don't orchestrate street races on a busy highway just because they got paid. Excusing it, or downplaying it because he's young and made some money? Doesn't wash with me.

The "aw shucks, he's just a young guy doing young guy things" excuse is tiresome, IMO.
Last edited by FantasyFreak on Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Janiel Dones Truther

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

SoftwoodGrampian
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby SoftwoodGrampian » Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:28 am

Rice Ross Ruggs

81-
Captain
Captain

Postby 81- » Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:31 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:19 am Could this thread of "Rice vs Ross" turn into a street racing debate?

I'll take Ross. He's the small lighter guy right
12 Team, 1QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1Flex, D, K, 10 Bench
1PPR, 0.5 point per carry.
Burrow, Richardson
AJ Brown, DJMoore, G Wilson, T Higgens, Sutton, Tillman, Melton
King Henry, Bijan, Pacheco, Mixon, Ford, JK
Hockenson, Musgrave
Random Kicker
Niners

Picks in 2024 - #15, #22, #23, #27

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:00 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:24 amHe is however a morally bereft person.
Ok. I'll let this go. Obviously this touches a personal nerve for you and I have no desire to antagonize you in that way.

Carry on.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, CWilliams
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JFord, Corum, JWright
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, Q Johnston, DeDouglas, MCorley
TE: Goedert, Okongwo
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, DLloyd; (DE/DL) Sieler; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, Singletary, AJD, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, VJefferson, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:52 am

This kind of fantasy football analysis is exactly why I come here. I'd give you all an up vote if I could.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:58 pm

Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:09 pm Can he tell them he was just in a hurry to get somewhere?
Maybe these guys all had Dogs with emergencies?

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:16 pm

CGW wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:52 am This kind of fantasy football analysis is exactly why I come here. I'd give you all an up vote if I could.
Truly a riveting thread.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:05 pm

81- wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:31 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:19 am Could this thread of "Rice vs Ross" turn into a street racing debate?

I'll take Ross. He's the small lighter guy right
And we know he'll shove his GF out of the way to gain a corner....like Tyreek once taught him.

Man, LSU and OSU have an uncanny ability to develop WR's, and the Chiefs appear to draft ones who are dirt bags. :lol: Talented dirt bags, though.

Maybe Skyy Moore should consider committing a felony, to try and help his shot at a 3rd year breakout.... :lol:
Janiel Dones Truther

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:45 pm

Hollywood Brown just offered to financially back a civll suit vs Rashee Rice, per "reports".
Janiel Dones Truther