Training camp/ Preseason HYYYPPPEEEE!! (worries too)

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Re: Training camp/ Preseason HYYYPPPEEEE!! (worries too)

Postby FiremanEd » Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:39 pm

Came here for the humor, and ‘Calloway over MT even if he returns’ definitely didn’t disappoint. Keep up the good work!

Needalife
Legend
Legend

Postby Needalife » Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:49 pm

I'm surprised at all of the love Zach Moss has gotten this offseason. He's been hyped as "the guy" in the BUF backfield (whatever that is worth). To me, I see a plodder and not much more. Singletary has so much juice and I'm surprised the coaches apparently love Moss so much more. It's an interesting backfield situation but neither will likely do much in the grand scheme.

Also noting the hype on Quez Watkins on local Philly radio is getting loud. I can't see him ever being worthy of a starting spot in anything other than the deepest of leagues. I love the big play ability but I don't see him as a consistent contributor.
16 TM / SuperFlex / TEP
1 Q / 2 RB / 3 WR / 1 TE / 1 SF / 3 F / 3 DL / 3 LB / 4 DB / 1 FX

QB: Jalen Hurts, Jordan Love, Michael Penix Jr, Kenny Pickett, Sean Clifford
RB: Raheem Mostert, Antonio Gibson, Jaylen Wright, Jeff Wilson
WR: Marvin Harrison Jr, Chris Olave, Jahan Dotson, Gabriel Davis, Wan'Dale Robinson, Darius Slayton
TE: Kyle Pitts, Mike Gesicki, Isaiah Likely, Cade Stover
DL: Montez Sweat, Gregory Rousseau, Ed Oliver, Da'Ron Payne
LB: Devin Lloyd, Christian Harris, Jack Gibbens, Mack Wilson, Jack Sanborn
DB: Antoine Winfield, Camryn Bynum, Jeremy Chinn, Chauncey Gardner-Johnson, Amani Hooker, Justin Simmons, Caden Sterns
2025 PICKS: 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5
2026 PICKS: 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 4, 4, 5, 5, 5

Pew Dogs
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Pew Dogs » Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:18 pm

This … been picking him late a lot

The Athletic's Zac Jackson reports second-year WR Donovan Peoples-Jones is "absolutely lighting up" Browns training camp.
A five-star recruit out of high school, DPJ went to Michigan where the production didn't match the sheer athleticism and potential. He fell to the sixth round despite insane measurables at last year's Combine. Peoples-Jones got in on 25% of the offensive snaps as a rookie and produced big plays when given opportunities, snagging 14-of-20 targets for a whopping 304 yards (21.7 YPR) and a pair of touchdowns as the No. 3 wideout. With Odell Beckham back healthy, Rashard Higgins re-signed, and Jarvis Landry still in the slot, DPJ has a tough path to 2021 production, but it's going to be difficult to keep him off the field if he keeps making plays this summer. DPJ is a strong hold in Dynasty leagues.
12 team, dynasty, ppr, 1RB, 3WR, 1TE, 3RB/WR/TEFlex
QB P.Mahomes, J.Goff
RB J.Taylor, A.Kamara, E.Elliott, T.Pollard
WR D.Chark, B.Cooks, A.Cooper, A.St.Brown, J.Tolbert, T.Marshall, D.Slayton
TE T.Kelce, H.Henry

(League champ somehow)
QB J.Burrow
RB T.Etienne, I,Pacheco, J.Cook, T.Algeier, J.Wilson
WR C.Lamb, M.Evans, M.Pittman, D.Chark, R.Moore, D.Peoples-Jones
TE T.Hockenson

12 Team Dynasty ppr, 2QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,3Flex,TE Premium

QB J.Burrow, G.Smith
RB D.Cook, J.Mixon, A.Mattison, R.Mostert, S.Perine
WR M.Evans, A.Cooper, C.Kirk, N.Collins
TE E.Engram, G.Everett, C.Okonkwo, C.Otton

QB K.Murray, J.Burrow
RB D.Cook, D.Montgomery, A.Mattison, K.Herbert, T.Algeier
WR A.St.Brown, K.Allen, A.Theilen, B.Cooks, T.Boyd, R.Moore, D.Hopkins
TE T.Kelce, D.Waller, R.Gronkowski, R.Tonyan, C.Otton

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:35 pm

Needalife wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:49 pm I'm surprised at all of the love Zach Moss has gotten this offseason. He's been hyped as "the guy" in the BUF backfield (whatever that is worth). To me, I see a plodder and not much more. Singletary has so much juice and I'm surprised the coaches apparently love Moss so much more. It's an interesting backfield situation but neither will likely do much in the grand scheme.

Also noting the hype on Quez Watkins on local Philly radio is getting loud. I can't see him ever being worthy of a starting spot in anything other than the deepest of leagues. I love the big play ability but I don't see him as a consistent contributor.
The Bills are weak at RB. Neither guy is the answer. Maybe between the 2 of them, they can cobble together some semblance of a run game just to keep D's honest, but it's going to be the Allen show again.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:29 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:35 pm
The Bills are weak at RB. Neither guy is the answer. Maybe between the 2 of them, they can cobble together some semblance of a run game just to keep D's honest, but it's going to be the Allen show again.
And a Great Show it will be! :)
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Tue Aug 17, 2021 6:10 pm

Ice wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:29 am
Zach Moss is practically free in drafts. For an offense that projects to be potentially top 5 (and almost certainly top 10) there's a non-zero chance he could fall into production as their best early downs option. I don't think he's shown everything he can do when healthy, yet - there's still upside here, and the Bills agree (or they'd have added competition).

Besides which - if I'm the Bills, I'm maybe taking the foot off of the gas on Josh Allen as a runner, slightly. Lets not do donuts in the parking lot with our new 50 million dollar man. I love Moss late in drafts this year. You could do so so much worse for your RB4-5.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Aug 17, 2021 6:13 pm

mild wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 6:10 pm
Zach Moss is practically free in drafts. For an offense that projects to be potentially top 5 (and almost certainly top 10) there's a non-zero chance he could fall into production as their best early downs option. I don't think he's shown everything he can do when healthy, yet - there's still upside here, and the Bills agree (or they'd have added competition).

I love him late in drafts this year. You could do so so much worse for your RB4-5.
I was telling some people about Moss before most outside of devy had ever heard of him, so I am pulling for him. I thought he'd be a day 2 pick quite a while ago. I just don't think he's got the burst or athleticism to be an effective lead back in the NFL, without top end blocking. I still think he's solid.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:18 am

Besides which - if I'm the Bills, I'm maybe taking the foot off of the gas on Josh Allen as a runner, slightly. Lets not do donuts in the parking lot with our new 50 million dollar man. I love Moss late in drafts this year. You could do so so much worse for your RB4-5.
But what about those sweet, sweet rushing TD? I'm going for the 3rd ship in 4 years Mild, the owners have to know that.

In all seriousness... I agree with you. I just don't think either RB there is particularly good and both will likely eat into the others production. Going to be a lot of weeks one has 60 yards and the other 30 yards and good luck guessing who it is or if they fall into the endzone. If I HAD to pick one, give me Moss but I might lean Singletary in PPR. He ran twice the routes last year. It will be a hot hand approach either way and I still expect Allen to be throwing a ton with the weapons they have at WR. The RB seem like a distant 4th/5th option

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:52 am

Jigga94 wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:18 am

But what about those sweet, sweet rushing TD? I'm going for the 3rd ship in 4 years Mild, the owners have to know that.

In all seriousness... I agree with you. I just don't think either RB there is particularly good and both will likely eat into the others production. Going to be a lot of weeks one has 60 yards and the other 30 yards and good luck guessing who it is or if they fall into the endzone. If I HAD to pick one, give me Moss but I might lean Singletary in PPR. He ran twice the routes last year. It will be a hot hand approach either way and I still expect Allen to be throwing a ton with the weapons they have at WR. The RB seem like a distant 4th/5th option
I own a couple Singletary shares (who I like better in PPR for cheaper than Moss), but i agree its a backfield that is likely going to be frustrating for fantasy owners barring an injury to one of the backs. The bills showed last year they are happy to win with Allens arm and their pass catchers. Worth hanging onto either for depth, as they could both put up solid RB2 numbers if injury occurs leading to more volume.

On topic, Singletary looked good with his preseason opportunities, but what's new.

captain howdy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby captain howdy » Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:19 pm

Does anyone have any insight into the taysom and jameis camp battle?

News reports have them neck and neck with Payton being non committal....he's going to want to pick a guy and give him full time first team reps soon right? We are rapidly approaching the main dress rehearsal game of the preseason. Does it appear Payton wants to see them in game 2 and decide after?

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:14 pm

If you think you have 2 starting QBs then in reality you have none. It's going to be a muddy mess of interchanging both of them during a game. From a team standpoint it'll be hit and miss, but from a fantasy standpoint I'm staying far away.
10-Team Dynasty League QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/FLEX (23 man rosters + 2 IR + 2 Taxi, non-PPR scoring)
QB: Herbert, Goff
RB: Bijan, JT, Saquon, J.Cook, K.Hunt, Foreman, Z.White, McKinnon, S.Tucker
WR: G.Wilson, Olave, Jeudy, Pittman, J.Williams, OBJ, N. Brown, JuJu,
TE: Chig, Conklin, L. Thomas
Taxi: M.Mims, Ro. Johnson
'24: (4) 1sts, 2nd, (2) 3rds, 4th
'25: (2) 1sts, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

yinzername
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby yinzername » Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:23 pm

Welp, I’m gonna take the flyer on Juwan Johnson
SF - PPR - 12t - start10
Notable Assets in Rebuild
QB: Mahomes - Caleb Williams - Levis - Rudolph
RB: K Mitchell - J McLaughlin - J Wright - Estime
WR: AJB - Pittman - Odunze - Shaheed - J Burton - R Pearsall - Doubs - E Moore
TE: MAndrews - Bowers - Bellinger - Kraft
‘25: one 1st, two 2nds, three 3rds

2nd year DFF
SF - PPR - 12t - start10
QB: TLaw - Purdy - Goff
RB: Chubb - D Montgomery - D Singletary - J Brooks - K Miller - J Wright - A Mattison - J Hill - W Shipley
WR: CeeDee - Aiyuk - Rice - Godwin - J Reed - J Burton - E Moore
TE: Kittle - Kincaid - Chig

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:37 pm

realmacaroni wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:23 pm Welp, I’m gonna take the flyer on Juwan Johnson
Former WR transitioning to TE. You still have Trautman to, in theory, worry about, but he has impressed so far.
10-Team Dynasty League QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/FLEX (23 man rosters + 2 IR + 2 Taxi, non-PPR scoring)
QB: Herbert, Goff
RB: Bijan, JT, Saquon, J.Cook, K.Hunt, Foreman, Z.White, McKinnon, S.Tucker
WR: G.Wilson, Olave, Jeudy, Pittman, J.Williams, OBJ, N. Brown, JuJu,
TE: Chig, Conklin, L. Thomas
Taxi: M.Mims, Ro. Johnson
'24: (4) 1sts, 2nd, (2) 3rds, 4th
'25: (2) 1sts, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:41 pm

This might not be preseason hype, but it's preseason news.

Now that he's in camp and the team is getting ready for a long playoff run, Aaron Rodgers decides now is the time to announce that he was "50-50 on retiring" because he was throwing a temper tantrum in the off season.

Will somebody give that big baby a pacifier so he can shut up already and stop whining and looking for attention? He might be the player I most want to see regress in 2021.

Rodgers was one of my favorite players for a long time, but this diva attitude is too much.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, CWilliams
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JFord, Corum, JWright
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, Q Johnston, DeDouglas, MCorley
TE: Goedert, Okongwo
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, DLloyd; (DE/DL) Sieler; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, Singletary, AJD, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, VJefferson, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:59 pm

Anteaters wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:41 pm This might not be preseason hype, but it's preseason news.

Now that he's in camp and the team is getting ready for a long playoff run, Aaron Rodgers decides now is the time to announce that he was "50-50 on retiring" because he was throwing a temper tantrum in the off season.

Will somebody give that big baby a pacifier so he can shut up already and stop whining and looking for attention? He might be the player I most want to see regress in 2021.

Rodgers was one of my favorite players for a long time, but this diva attitude is too much.
R-E-L-A-X