jizz in my pants
Rookie
Rookie

Re: 2021 BAD TRADE OFFERS

Postby jizz in my pants » Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:29 pm

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:12 am
jizz in my pants wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:11 am
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:18 am

I feel like these are good starter offers that show some semblance of thought involved. He's valuing Tyreek close to DK (which some do), and giving you late-1st value for Higgins which is on the lower end (he'd be more mid-1st I suppose) but not unreasonable. For some reason I can't figure out who Harris is so hard to judge the other 2 trades but Gibson and McLaurin are hot names rn
These arent bad offers ,certainly something to counter since he is the one wanting DK , i imagine Harris is Damien Harris from the pats..
Cool, which one of the offers for Metcalf would you go on record as saying you would accept?

If you read what i said properly , i said all of them are worth ' countering'.. never did i say i would accept either of them ..

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:12 pm

jizz in my pants wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:29 pm
jizz in my pants wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:11 am

These arent bad offers ,certainly something to counter since he is the one wanting DK , i imagine Harris is Damien Harris from the pats..
Cool, which one of the offers for Metcalf would you go on record as saying you would accept?

If you read what i said properly , i said all of them are worth ' countering'.. never did i say i would accept either of them ..
Great. So you’re saying that these offers are good, but yet you wouldn’t personally accept any of them.

This garbage-take is what plagues this thread every year- people who send bad offers like this and are offended at the idea that their offers are bad.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:03 pm

The thing that plagues the thread every year is you rambling on and on about the same thing. We get it. You only send really really good offers and most are likely accepted because they are so genuine. Move along.

<insert predictable response about how I must be sensitive because I must send bad offers>

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:13 pm

FiremanEd wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:03 pm The thing that plagues the thread every year is you rambling on and on about the same thing. We get it. You only send really really good offers and most are likely accepted because they are so genuine. Move along.
Wow, that’s what you took from this? Every day here feels like an indictment of the public school system. Jesus.

For the people who clearly need it spelled out- I send bad offers sometimes, often to the players that I think are weaker, like I assume the majority of us do. I sent a bad offer like an hour ago. I hope it shows up in this thread. Sometimes bad offers get accepted. There is absolutely nothing wrong with this.

The difference between me and the people who come to this thread up in arms to defend bad offers despite admitting that they would never accept them is this: I don’t feel the need to lie to myself and pretend like there’s a difference between “bad offers” and “starting offers.” A “starting offer” or “opening offer” is just the first bad offer that you sent.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:00 pm

From what I can see, someone gave an innocent response on their perception of an offer in here, and you started on some tangent and can’t let it go. I’ve seen the story before. You referred to their thought on the offer as some sort of ‘policing’ as if he wasn’t allowed to give his opinion unless it was an all out agreement that the offer was BAD. You’re extremely hung up on the term ‘starting offers’ and have acknowledged it’s a peeve of yours that clearly anyone should avoid referencing in the event you catch wind of it to start a rant, with an individual needing to state they would accept an offer as the threshold to not be considered BAD.

For what it’s worth, I’m in full agreement some people mask an obviously bad offer with the term ‘starting offer’. I too am hammered with those in one particular league and it is incredibly frustrating. I do however see a difference between an obviously stupid offer and simply an offer thats clearly in their favor, but perhaps is a concept that could be worked on. People are free to include both here as they see fit. Ideally if people want to give their opinion of an offer, whether it be laughing at the terribleness or giving their take with another spin on it, it isn’t met with a ‘starting offers’ rant that goes on for pages.

That said, carry on, it makes no difference to me. Moments of weakness to even comment on the matter at all.

jizz in my pants
Rookie
Rookie

Postby jizz in my pants » Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:04 am

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:12 pm
jizz in my pants wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:29 pm

Great. So you’re saying that these offers are good, but yet you wouldn’t personally accept any of them.

This garbage-take is what plagues this thread every year- people who send bad offers like this and are offended at the idea that their offers are bad.
Still cant read what i said and you've had two goes at it now :wall: :clap: :lol:

FantasyFootballTeam
Role Player
Role Player

Postby FantasyFootballTeam » Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:42 am

Who made the worst decision?

Team A who finished 2nd last year and should contend again offered Pat Mahomes for 1.01 and 2.01

Team B rejected trade
8 Team PPR 2QB, 2RB, 3WR, 2TE, FLEX, 5 Bench

QB - Mahomes, Prescott, Carr
RB - R. Stevenson, A.Jones, A. Kamara, K. Herbert
WR - Adams, Diggs, Godwin, Hollywood , JuJu
TE - Kittle, Waller, Higbee
TAXI - Brian Robinson, J. Warren

Picks
23' 1st, 3rd, 3rd
24' 2nd
25' 1st and 2nd

mgscott
Starter
Starter

Postby mgscott » Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:02 am

FantasyFootballTeam wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:42 am Who made the worst decision?

Team A who finished 2nd last year and should contend again offered Pat Mahomes for 1.01 and 2.01

Team B rejected trade
What is Team B's team situation? Are they a contender or a rebuilder?

And is this your league in sig or a different league?

FantasyFootballTeam
Role Player
Role Player

Postby FantasyFootballTeam » Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:29 am

mgscott wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:02 am
FantasyFootballTeam wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:42 am Who made the worst decision?

Team B rejected trade

This is league in Sig (I got Mahomes for Kyler + 1.08 after this trade was rejected).

Team B:

QB - Jackson Stafford
RB - Zeke Mixon Swift Akers Fournette Lindsay
WR - Golladay Kupp Sutton Parker Claypool Shenault Mims
TE - Engram Fant Njoku Higbee
Picks - 1.01 2.01 2.08 3.01 4.01

Picks
23' 1st, 3rd, 3rd
24' 2nd
25' 1st and 2nd

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:21 am

I finally got something to contribute. I made offers to get Hurts in a 10 man, 1 QB league. I offered Kirk then Drake and got rejected. I thought both were fair offers. Then I got these as counters...

Give: DJ Chark
Get: Jalen Hurts + Lev Bell

then I got this gem from same guy.

Give: Joe Mixon
Get OBJ + Jalen Hurts

palevermilion
Role Player
Role Player

Postby palevermilion » Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:19 pm

FantasyFootballTeam wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:29 am

Team B rejected trade

This is league in Sig (I got Mahomes for Kyler + 1.08 after this trade was rejected).

Team B:

QB - Jackson Stafford
I'd say neither team made a bad decision. It's only an 8 team league, and therefore plays more like a large 1QB league than a 2QB league. The team with the 1.01 and 2.01 is essentially picking 1st and 9th overall. Clearly that is more valuable than getting Mahomes to them. They arguably need more help at WR and RB. Their QBs are just fine considering the amount of skill position players you have to start. On a weekly scoring basis, Mahomes doesn't impact their starting lineup as much as getting the 1st and 9th best rookies (provided both end up being hits). Heck, he could get the top WR/RB of his choice at 1.01 and still get one of the top rookie QBs at 2.01.

TheNuts
Captain
Captain

Postby TheNuts » Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:48 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:18 am
MFundercover wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:55 pm Give: DK, Higgins Get: Tyreek, Pittman, 2022 2nd (late)

Give: DK, Higgins Get: Tyreek, 2023 1st (late)

Give: DK, Harris, 2022 1st (late) Get: Gibson, Mclaurin

Give: DK, Harris Get: Gibson, Pittman

And I found out I have a reputation in my league of overvaluing my players. So.e of these are worse than others, but all easy rejects imo.
I feel like these are good starter offers that show some semblance of thought involved. He's valuing Tyreek close to DK (which some do), and giving you late-1st value for Higgins which is on the lower end (he'd be more mid-1st I suppose) but not unreasonable. For some reason I can't figure out who Harris is so hard to judge the other 2 trades but Gibson and McLaurin are hot names rn
I thought the first two offers were somewhat close, but no one agreed so I didn't say anything. The people who think that there is only one value that is acceptable for any player need to seriously stfu.
12 team ppr 4 point pass td

Murray, Minshew
Singletary, Lindsay, Samuels, Ty Johnson
Chark, Arob, Woods, Diontae, Nkeal, Lazard, Conley, Cole, Dorsett
Higbee, Jarwin, Dissly
Gould, Patriots

14 team ppr superflex, .2 ppc, WR 25% ppr bonus, TE ppr bonus 75%

Mayfield, Minshew, Trubisky, Foles, Hill
Djohns, Singletary, Fournette, Harris, Armstead, Ogunbawale, Samuels
Julio, Arob, Woods, Sims Jr, Claypool, Duvernay, Isabella, Conley, Tyrell
Waller, Hurst, Jarwin, Boyle

12 team ppr 4 point pass td, superflex, 1.5 TE ppr

Goff, Minshew, Hill, Alllen, Walker
Chubb, Taylor, Henry, Singletary, David Johnson, Damien Harris, Hyde, Boone, Blasingame
Tyreek, Boyd, Diontae, Marvin Jones, Pittman, Nkeal, Duvernay, Sims Jr, Stills
Waller, Higbee, Arnold, Olsen, Parkinson, Sample

20 team ppr 6 point pass td, .05 point per return yard

Matt Ryan
Fournette, Singletary, Harris, Cohen, Duke Johnson, Trey Edmunds
Davante Adams, Tyreek, Sutton, Boyd, Dorsett, Tyrell
Kittle, Jarwin, Oliver

TheNuts
Captain
Captain

Postby TheNuts » Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:50 pm

Bot101 wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:21 am I finally got something to contribute. I made offers to get Hurts in a 10 man, 1 QB league. I offered Kirk then Drake and got rejected. I thought both were fair offers. Then I got these as counters...

Give: DJ Chark
Get: Jalen Hurts + Lev Bell

then I got this gem from same guy.

Give: Joe Mixon
Get OBJ + Jalen Hurts
Those are bad offers in a 1 qb 10 team league. Qbs just are not worth all that much. Although Chark did have a pretty disappointing year
12 team ppr 4 point pass td

Murray, Minshew
Singletary, Lindsay, Samuels, Ty Johnson
Chark, Arob, Woods, Diontae, Nkeal, Lazard, Conley, Cole, Dorsett
Higbee, Jarwin, Dissly
Gould, Patriots

14 team ppr superflex, .2 ppc, WR 25% ppr bonus, TE ppr bonus 75%

Mayfield, Minshew, Trubisky, Foles, Hill
Djohns, Singletary, Fournette, Harris, Armstead, Ogunbawale, Samuels
Julio, Arob, Woods, Sims Jr, Claypool, Duvernay, Isabella, Conley, Tyrell
Waller, Hurst, Jarwin, Boyle

12 team ppr 4 point pass td, superflex, 1.5 TE ppr

Goff, Minshew, Hill, Alllen, Walker
Chubb, Taylor, Henry, Singletary, David Johnson, Damien Harris, Hyde, Boone, Blasingame
Tyreek, Boyd, Diontae, Marvin Jones, Pittman, Nkeal, Duvernay, Sims Jr, Stills
Waller, Higbee, Arnold, Olsen, Parkinson, Sample

20 team ppr 6 point pass td, .05 point per return yard

Matt Ryan
Fournette, Singletary, Harris, Cohen, Duke Johnson, Trey Edmunds
Davante Adams, Tyreek, Sutton, Boyd, Dorsett, Tyrell
Kittle, Jarwin, Oliver

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:05 pm

Team B rejected trade
Team B, by far IMO. It's 2QB, but 8 teams. Even then I figure Trevor will be in conversation for 1.01 in that format. You want Trevor + 9th beat rookie prospect over Mahomes? Give me the sure thing

I think people try to devalue QB in smaller formats but with 2 QB starting there's still SIGNIFICANT advantage to starting Mahomes every week

FantasyFootballTeam
Role Player
Role Player

Postby FantasyFootballTeam » Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:32 pm

palevermilion wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:19 pm
FantasyFootballTeam wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:29 am

Team B:

QB - Jackson Stafford
I'd say neither team made a bad decision. It's only an 8 team league, and therefore plays more like a large 1QB league than a 2QB league. The team with the 1.01 and 2.01 is essentially picking 1st and 9th overall. Clearly that is more valuable than getting Mahomes to them. They arguably need more help at WR and RB. Their QBs are just fine considering the amount of skill position players you have to start. On a weekly scoring basis, Mahomes doesn't impact their starting lineup as much as getting the 1st and 9th best rookies (provided both end up being hits). Heck, he could get the top WR/RB of his choice at 1.01 and still get one of the top rookie QBs at 2.01.
That's interesting analysis, thank you. I know that they will be taking Trevor Lawrence at 1.01 and a WR at 2.01. I viewed it as Lawrence's ceiling is Mahomes so why not just upgrade to Mahomes now. Still some good WRs at 2.08 and 3.01 but obviously Smith or Waddle or whoever at 2.01 would be better than those.

Picks
23' 1st, 3rd, 3rd
24' 2nd
25' 1st and 2nd