Preston Williams Hype Train

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
thomasscheeks
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Preston Williams Hype Train

Postby thomasscheeks » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:40 pm

Great thread.

I'm really surprised at a lot of these responses. Guys saying they would trade Williams for a third right now. Isn't the ideal outcome of a third rounder a player in William's current situation? A guy with some talent and a clear path to meaningful touches? Why sell him for that?

The majority of people that own him got him for super cheap or even free. It's not a big deal to hold out and hope he becomes a legit starter. Then, if you're concerned with his off the field problems, you can sell him for some actual value. I can't see any logical reason to sell him at this current time unless it's for a first or more. He's a clear hold. All it takes it one big game in the regular season and his value will sky rocket. We all wanna maximize our profits right? That's how you build a winning team
10 Man IDP, .75 ppr, Big Play Bonus, TE Prem, 2 QB, 1-3 RB, 2-4 WR, 2 TE, 2 DT, 2 DE, 3 LB, 4 DB, 34 Keepers (17 off - 17 IDP)
QB: Watson, Lawrence, Tannehill, Fitzmagic
RB: Jacobs, Javonte, Drake, Mack
WR: Thomas, DJ Moore, Mike Williams, Golladay, Mooney, Kirk, Shepard, Parker
TE: Kittle, Ito Smith, Ebron, Bryant, Seals-Jones
DT: Simmons, Cox, Oliver, Vea
DL: Bosa, Hunter, Heyward, Greenard, Odeyingbo
LB: Watt, White, Cunningham, Kirksey
DB: Collins, Duggar, J Reid, Clark, Edmunds

12 Man, 1 ppr, 1 QB, 1-3 RB, 1-3 WR, 1 TE
QB: Tua, Jameis, Cam, Taysom
RB: Taylor, Javonte, CEH
WR: Jefferson, Nuk, Diontae, Juju, Shepard, Mooney, Robby Anderson
TE: Henry, Gesicki, Brevin, Cook

12 Man, 1 ppr, 1 QB, 1-3 RB, 1-3 WR, 1 TE
QB: Russ, Matty Ice, Tannehill
RB: CMC, Dobbins, Sanders. Scott, Mack
WR: Nuk, Keenan, Mooney, Patrick, Collins, Dyami
TE: Andrews, Schultz, Brevin, Akins

lanemitchell96
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby lanemitchell96 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:52 pm

thomasscheeks wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:40 pm Great thread.

I'm really surprised at a lot of these responses. Guys saying they would trade Williams for a third right now. Isn't the ideal outcome of a third rounder a player in William's current situation? A guy with some talent and a clear path to meaningful touches? Why sell him for that?

The majority of people that own him got him for super cheap or even free. It's not a big deal to hold out and hope he becomes a legit starter. Then, if you're concerned with his off the field problems, you can sell him for some actual value. I can't see any logical reason to sell him at this current time unless it's for a first or more. He's a clear hold. All it takes it one big game in the regular season and his value will sky rocket. We all wanna maximize our profits right? That's how you build a winning team
I'm in agreement with you on this. At this point I wouldn't sell for anything less than a first. I know I wouldn't get an offer like that right now but I wouldn't accept less than that for the reasons you outlined
Twitter: @LaneMitchell96
FF4L

IR1
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby IR1 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:56 pm

Agree with above. I was initially ok moving him with the hype, but as long as I have roster space I'm holding.
10Team PPR-QB/RB/WR/WR/TE/PK/flex-DT/DE/DE/LB/LB/LB/CB/CB/S/S/flex
QB- Herbert, Tua
RB- Barkley, Swift, Montgomery, Dobbins, Walker
WR-Adams, ARSB, JWilliams, Godwin, Metcalf, Allen, Kirk, Flowers
TE- Kelce, Goedert
PK
DT- Buckner, Simmons, QWilliams,
DE- Hunter, JBosa, Thibodeaux, JPHillips, Rousseau, Paye, Greenard
LB- Edmunds, Warner, E Kendricks, Wagner, De"Vondre Campbell, Asamoah, Sanders
CB- Moore, Howard, Reed
S- Dugger, Pitre, Thompson
IR Dobbins, Dulcich
Taxi- Kincaid, QJohnston

Raymond1974
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Raymond1974 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:04 pm

I'm going to hold and see what happens. I took him in the fourth round of our rookie draft. I can't see him playing up to the hype he has generated, but he coul be a weekly starter who could could produce decent numbers.
Last edited by Raymond1974 on Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:14 pm

No way am I cutting him until I see him in regular game action for a few weeks. He should be rostered in most leagues.

lanemitchell96
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby lanemitchell96 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:23 am

No catches last night against JAX, but running with the first team for the whole first half. Also burnt Jalen Ramsey on a poorly thrown deep ball by Fitzpatrick that should've been a big gain.

https://twitter.com/WingfieldNFL/status ... 19936?s=20
FF4L

jomaed
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby jomaed » Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:39 am

lanemitchell96 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:23 am No catches last night against JAX, but running with the first team for the whole first half. Also burnt Jalen Ramsey on a poorly thrown deep ball by Fitzpatrick that should've been a big gain.

Said in in the preseason thread, but Fitz missed him wide open twice. Two great routes. And like you said, running with the first team which is very encouraging.

TimeWillTell
Captain
Captain

Postby TimeWillTell » Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:50 am

jomaed wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:39 am
lanemitchell96 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:23 am No catches last night against JAX, but running with the first team for the whole first half. Also burnt Jalen Ramsey on a poorly thrown deep ball by Fitzpatrick that should've been a big gain.

Said in in the preseason thread, but Fitz missed him wide open twice. Two great routes. And like you said, running with the first team which is very encouraging.
He'll make the team. He's likely to start imo. But idk that he's really going to be fantasy relevant this year as bad as the QB situation looks right now. I just hope he doesn't fade into oblivion because of the awful situation in Miami. I'll still hold out until he's worth a 1st or worth cutting for this year and next.
2020, 2021, 2022 Champion!
12 Team 1QB 0.5 PPR 30 man roster
Start: 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex,1K,1Def
QB: Mahomes, Brady, Stafford
RB: Barkley, Taylor, Dobbins, Swift, Jacobs
WR: Chase, Jefferson, AJB, Lamb, DJM, Olave, Dotson, Mike Evans
TE: Hock, Dulcich, Chig, Fant, Jonnu, Hurst, Everett
K: Some guy
Def: Who knows
1.01, 1.03

lanemitchell96
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby lanemitchell96 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:18 am

TimeWillTell wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:50 am
jomaed wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:39 am

He'll make the team. He's likely to start imo. But idk that he's really going to be fantasy relevant this year as bad as the QB situation looks right now. I just hope he doesn't fade into oblivion because of the awful situation in Miami. I'll still hold out until he's worth a 1st or worth cutting for this year and next.
He did look good with Rosen though every chance he was given, which is a plus. That was against second team defense, but Rosen did seem to target him quite a bit more than Fitz
FF4L

Flgatorguy87
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Flgatorguy87 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:27 am

Fitz hits him in stride and that had a good shot to be a long TD.
SF PPR 30 man roster 5 taxi 2 IR
QB, 3WR, 2RB, 2TE, 2FLEX , Superflex

A. Rodgers, J. Goff, D. Lock, Ta. Hill

O. Beckham, Antonio Brown, M. Evans, A. Robinson, S. Diggs, C. Sutton, T. Boyd, Jakobi Meyers, S. Sims Jr., Darius Slayton

S. Barkley, Da. Cook, Cam Akers, JK Dobbins, R. Penny, Ronald Jones, W. Gallman, Duke Johnson, AJ Dillon, Darrynton Evans, DeeJay Dallas, L. Perine

G. Kittle, M. Andrews, H. Hurst

Taxi: R. Armstead, Joe Reed, L. Bowden Jr., I. Coulter, Scotty Miller

2021 - 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 5th

lanemitchell96
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby lanemitchell96 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:02 am

Flgatorguy87 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:27 am

Fitz hits him in stride and that had a good shot to be a long TD.
Absolutely. I was watching live and they replayed it with the camera on Preston the whole time and the route looked amazing. He had at least two steps on Ramsey before having to slow down
FF4L

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:14 am

Watched Preston closely last night, here are a few takeaways:
-Lined up in different spots in the formation: wide-right, wide-left, even in the slot on a few plays and always seemed to know his assignments / routes.
-Handled himself well vs. press coverage, consistently broke the press and didn't let the DB's physicality disrupt the timing of his route.
-Beat A.J. Bouye on a deep(ish) out that would have converted 3rd & long if the throw was accurate.
-As others mentioned, beat Ramsey on a go-route (nice release, speed to get past Ramsey, then stacked on top of him), but the throw was hilariously bad. Williams did not adjust to the ball well, but it almost looked like he never saw the ball - and he's tracked other balls well in pre-season.

Overall, I was very impressed with Williams and very disappointed with Fitzpatrick. I doubt the Miami offense produces many opportunities even while trailing / passing most of the season.

I could see a very inefficient season for Williams, something like 40 - 50 catches on 80 - 90 targets. Doesn't sound very encouraging, but 2 things to consider:
1. There seems to be a divide between Stills & Ownership (and the coaching staff) because of Stills' participation in social justice. Is it possible he gets moved at some point? I also haven't heard a peep about D. Parker as soon as Preston started making noise this Pre-Season. Any chance he gets released or traded?
2. This team is tanking and very clearly will be in position to draft a top QB next year. If they end up with Tua or Herbert, this entire WR core is going to see a massive value increase. It could just be Williams / Wilson / Grant left standing next season.
10-team/.5 PPR Q RR WWW TE FF
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Coleman, AD Mitchell
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram

12-team PPR/SF/TEP (+1PPR) Q RR WW TE FFF SF
QB - J. Hurts / D. Prescott / J. Love / B. Nix
RB - J. Taylor / K. Walker / J. Mixon / J. Brooks / D. Singletary / J. McLaughlin
WR - B. Aiyuk / K. Allen / S. Diggs / R. Odunze / X. Worthy / T. Franklin / J. Palmer / G. Davis / R. Doubs
TE - M. Andrews / D. Kincaid

Life of Pablo
Starter
Starter

Postby Life of Pablo » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:26 am

kmbryant09 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:14 am 2. This team is tanking and very clearly will be in position to draft a top QB next year. If they end up with Tua or Herbert, this entire WR core is going to see a massive value increase. It could just be Williams / Wilson / Grant left standing next season.
Regardless of next year's draft, I also heard that Rosen looked promising. That's gotta be encouraging, right? Maybe Rosen can be the long-term starter?
10-team standard, 18-man rosters (plus K/D + 1 IR + 2 TAXI)
1QB | 2RB | 2WR | 1TE | 1FLEX
2021: 8-6, 5th (AP: 76-50 / 60.3%, 3rd) ||| Runner-up
2022: 5-1, 2nd (AP: 47-7 / 87.0%, 1st)

QB: Hurts, Russ, Carr
RB: Chubb, Pierce, Swift, JRob, D'Ernest, Ford
WR: Diggs, Evans, GDavis, Nuk, Keenan, Hollywood, Mooney, CSamuel, Doubs
TE: Kelce, Dulcich, Fant
2023 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th
2024 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:36 am

Life of Pablo wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:26 am
kmbryant09 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:14 am 2. This team is tanking and very clearly will be in position to draft a top QB next year. If they end up with Tua or Herbert, this entire WR core is going to see a massive value increase. It could just be Williams / Wilson / Grant left standing next season.
Regardless of next year's draft, I also heard that Rosen looked promising. That's gotta be encouraging, right? Maybe Rosen can be the long-term starter?
That's why they traded for him and why he will get significant playing time this year, to see if they have a QB at a fraction of the price of top 5 pick. Ideally for them Rosen works out and they can use that pick on Jeudy, one of the top OTs to pair with Tunsil and solidify the OL, or on a big time edge rusher. If Rosen doesn't pan out to their liking then they can fall back on the original plan of taking a QB high.

notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby notweswelker » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:56 am

bjd5211 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:36 am
Life of Pablo wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:26 am
That's why they traded for him and why he will get significant playing time this year, to see if they have a QB at a fraction of the price of top 5 pick. Ideally for them Rosen works out and they can use that pick on Jeudy, one of the top OTs to pair with Tunsil and solidify the OL, or on a big time edge rusher. If Rosen doesn't pan out to their liking then they can fall back on the original plan of taking a QB high.
Rosen looks awful, but he's probably going to get 90% of the starts just because they need to see him play. If he sucks, they need to tank and he will do that much better than Fitzpatrick will. I think there will be some underrated fantasy plays in Miami. They are going to be behind in games, A LOT. Rosen doesn't look ready for prime time, but he's a bit of a gunslinger and I think he'll be bombing it all over the place with MIA behind big in games. If you're buying into Miami, Preston/Gesiecke/Ballage all look like decent buys in dynasty.
Either Rosen hits and they put up decent numbers, or he blows bleep and Miami ends up with Tua or a top ten QB, which will help boost their values.