Derrick Henry Thread - Is he still King Henry post injury?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Derrick Henry Possibly Out For The Year?

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:39 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:17 pm So are we picking up ADP or McNichols here? Also, with a $100 blind bid ww budget, how much would you spend on either or each? I have Henry in a dynasty, and I'm in first place. HELP!
This is looking like a timeshare. They just signed Peterson, who will likely get the early down work. McNichols will be the passing down back and could be useful in PPR. Definitely expect the Titans will pass more.

I wouldn't blow my waiver dollars on either. Nobody is doing what Henry does in that offense. He's too unique of a talent.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:43 pm

I moved DH for Diggs in a start 3 RB league after winning the title last year. I figured better get out a year early, rather than a year late. I thought I had been a year early. Sucks for him, he was having a huge season. This is a big shake up in FF leagues. A lot of contenders presumably had DH.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:54 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:43 pm I moved DH for Diggs in a start 3 RB league after winning the title last year. I figured better get out a year early, rather than a year late. I thought I had been a year early. Sucks for him, he was having a huge season. This is a big shake up in FF leagues. A lot of contenders presumably had DH.
3 out of 4 leagues I'm in the 1st place team had Henry. He's on the 2nd place team in the 4th league.

Start sending offers now, his owners will be scrambling.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:02 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:43 pm I moved DH for Diggs in a start 3 RB league after winning the title last year. I figured better get out a year early, rather than a year late. I thought I had been a year early. Sucks for him, he was having a huge season. This is a big shake up in FF leagues. A lot of contenders presumably had DH.
This is always the tricky part of dynasty. Last thing you want to do is sell early and basically let someone inherit the last of your title team.

But you also don't want to get stuck with an old winner on the back end.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:04 pm

CGW wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:54 pm
3 out of 4 leagues I'm in the 1st place team had Henry. He's on the 2nd place team in the 4th league.

I'm a contender in every league I'm in. I'm not doing them any favours, and I don't want to be trading for DH at this point. I may try offering Boston Scott or someone like that in my 3 RB league, or McNichols, who I have (I have a ton of depth in that league) for a better prospect or pick, but not looking to acquire DH.
Janiel Dones Truther

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Paul717
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Paul717 » Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:10 pm

Adrian Peterson incoming.

Hit "Submit" too fast. I guess if there was one guy who could do what Henry did it would be ADP in his prime. He's not that guy anymore but would be the best bet for most of the early down work, yeah?
"Marathon Square" - 16 team full PPR league with 24 player roster. Keep 16 per year indefinitely, draft 8. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 Team DST
QB: Jordan Love, Deshaun Watson
RB: Travis Etienne, Aaron Jones, Jamaal Williams, Kendre Miller, Jaleel McLaughlin, Sean Tucker, Deuce Vaughn
WR: A.J. Brown, Garrett Wilson, Tee Higgins, Calvin Ridley, Michael Wilson, Kendrick Bourne, Tutu Atwell, Allen Lazard, Isaiah Hodgins, Justin Shorter
TE: T.J. Hockenson, Cole Kmet, Kylen Granson
K: Didn't make the playoffs in 2023 :cry: , and don't usually hold one in the offseason
Team DST: Cowboys, Lions

Picks:
2024: 1.06, 2.06, 4.06, 5.06, 6.06, 7.06, 8.06

Disclaimer: My one and only Championship in this league was way back in 2011. Therefore, take my replies with the appropriate grain of salt. :lol:

I'm the One Who Knox
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby I'm the One Who Knox » Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:13 pm

Which begs the question, what's his dynasty value now? Going into 2022, he'll be 28 yrs old with 1,495 career touches (w/ receptions) coming off a foot injury. Even though a relatively minor injury, probably more significant for a back of his size.

As for career touches and watching him continue to dominate this year, when should we project for the wheels to start falling off? IIRC, 1,800 career touches (or is it 2k?) is the average point of decline for elite RBs.

Have him in one league with RB depth so I'm willing to move now if there's too much concern moving forward. And in another league, wouldn't mind picking him up for the right price knowing he would likely retire on my roster if there's legit potential for 2+ more good years.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:14 pm

dynastyninja wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:10 am Henry really had me believing that he could handle astronomical workloads for multiple years where other studs would have fallen apart. He's still an iron man, but it's further proof that once you're around the 400 touch mark there's a really good chance you get injured the following season.
Pour one out for Tractorcito, the Warrior Tractor.

I don't think the Titans paid much heed to that "injury after a 400 touch season" stat.

321 touches in 2019
397 touches in 2020
On pace for 503 touches in 2021 (injured at 237 in Week 8)

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:46 pm

cascoro wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:13 pm Which begs the question, what's his dynasty value now? Going into 2022, he'll be 28 yrs old with 1,495 career touches (w/ receptions) coming off a foot injury. Even though a relatively minor injury, probably more significant for a back of his size.

As for career touches and watching him continue to dominate this year, when should we project for the wheels to start falling off? IIRC, 1,800 career touches (or is it 2k?) is the average point of decline for elite RBs.

Have him in one league with RB depth so I'm willing to move now if there's too much concern moving forward. And in another league, wouldn't mind picking him up for the right price knowing he would likely retire on my roster if there's legit potential for 2+ more good years.
Those are mind-blowing numbers. Here comes the "I wouldn't pay more than an early 2nd for him now" comments. It'll be interesting to see how those contending managers treat this. Sell him off with a pick for a Zeke/producing back to earn the W?
10-Team Dynasty League QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/FLEX (23 man rosters + 2 IR + 2 Taxi, non-PPR scoring)
QB: Herbert, Goff
RB: Bijan, JT, Saquon, J.Cook, K.Hunt, Foreman, Z.White, McKinnon, S.Tucker
WR: G.Wilson, Olave, Jeudy, Pittman, J.Williams, OBJ, N. Brown, JuJu,
TE: Chig, Conklin, L. Thomas
Taxi: M.Mims, Ro. Johnson
'24: (4) 1sts, 2nd, (2) 3rds, 4th
'25: (2) 1sts, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:58 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:04 pm

I'm a contender in every league I'm in. I'm not doing them any favours, and I don't want to be trading for DH at this point. I may try offering Boston Scott or someone like that in my 3 RB league, or McNichols, who I have (I have a ton of depth in that league) for a better prospect or pick, but not looking to acquire DH.
Those 2 should end up on the Bad trade offers thread.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:59 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:58 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:04 pm

Those 2 should end up on the Bad trade offers thread.
What trading McNichols and Boston Scott for a pick or prospect in a 3 RB league? Why? I didn't say I was offering that for Henry.
Janiel Dones Truther

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:06 pm

This is going to sound more doom and gloom than I'm intending it to, but this really might be the beginning of the end for Henry. The combination of his crazy workload + a declining YPC + turning 28 in a few months will all be working against him.

I've consistently underrated him each offseason as a dynasty asset, but this really might be the time where he drops off pretty significantly. He's a machine, but wear and tear won't make things any easier for him.

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:55 pm

dynastyninja wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:06 pm This is going to sound more doom and gloom than I'm intending it to, but this really might be the beginning of the end for Henry. The combination of his crazy workload + a declining YPC + turning 28 in a few months will all be working against him.

I've consistently underrated him each offseason as a dynasty asset, but this really might be the time where he drops off pretty significantly. He's a machine, but wear and tear won't make things any easier for him.
Same - I have no shares. I doubt I'll pay his price as I rarely do that for RBs at that age. I hope he comes back strong as the highlights of him destroying people at his size & speed are a lot of fun.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Nov 01, 2021 3:01 pm

dynastyninja wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:06 pm This is going to sound more doom and gloom than I'm intending it to, but this really might be the beginning of the end for Henry. The combination of his crazy workload + a declining YPC + turning 28 in a few months will all be working against him.

It's very possible.

You still have to consider that he's such a unique, all-time talent, that there's a plausible chance he defies conventional logic. You think about players like Emmitt Smith, Eddie George, and Adrian Peterson who all put up 1000+ yard seasons as 30 year olds.

The range of outcomes are everywhere. A drop-off for a player like Henry could still be an RB1 season.

No idea what his value ends up being, but these are the types of buy lows that are enticing. Buying low on a special talent who may or may not be done.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Nov 01, 2021 3:20 pm

This actually might be a blessing in disguise for the big man and the Titans. IF the Titans can win the division, he may be able to return for the playoffs, with a fully healthy, healed up body.
Janiel Dones Truther