Good news for Ajayi owners!

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
heyfeefellskee
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Good news for Ajayi owners!

Postby heyfeefellskee » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:06 am

Litesout13 wrote:
dynastyninja wrote:Ajayi was the clear RB3 behind Gurley and Gordon. Major injury concerns caused him to fall, but the talent was always there. For whatever reason he was never given a proper chance until now. I didn't see this kind of production coming, but it doesn't surprise me that he's been successful.
He was?? Because I had him as the 8th overall RB going into the draft. Very slightly ahead of David Johnson and only because I had concerns about DJ facing lesser competition.

As far as going into fantasy drafts, plenty liked Duke Johnson, Abdullah, Tevin Coleman, Yeldon, etc over Ajayi. He certainly wasnt the clear RB3
I was doing other research and came across some things that reminded me of this post, so I'm following up here.

Here's how several other professionals in the industry had Ajayi ranked pre-draft:

-Ranked the #3 RB by rotoviz (you can't see the full list without a subscription, but the article linked mentions him as such)

-#3 RB by PFF--they even had him as their #3 after the rumors of his knee came out.

-#4 RB by walterfootball

-#2 RB by fantasyguru

-#2 RB by fantasygirl--hey, even sites like this were on board!

Just to name a few. I specifically remembered seeing where he was on PFF and Walter Football, but it wasn't like they were going against the grain or anything like that.

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:20 am

No people forgot and over compensated for his knee. The Dolphins got a good deal. His career may be short but how long do you really need a RB anyway? 16/17 weeks is all I need
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

dlf_jules
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby dlf_jules » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:21 am

Good digging, feefellskee. Here's one more reference point: the 2015 DLF pre-draft consensus mock. Ajayi went 1.07, the third RB off the board. He got 38 votes. The next closest RB -- TJ Yeldon -- got 5.
Download the 2019 Cohort Report for free today!

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:51 pm

heyfeefellskee wrote:-#2 RB by fantasygirl--hey, even sites like this were on board!
Just because I've never heard of this site and I have to ask.

Is it any good?

heyfeefellskee
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby heyfeefellskee » Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:57 pm

Phaded wrote:
heyfeefellskee wrote:-#2 RB by fantasygirl--hey, even sites like this were on board!

Is it any good?
Meh. It's got a little too much innuendo for me. I listen to my podcasts while doing work around the house and in the garage... i prefer not to listen to something I don't want my 3-year old kid or wife to hear. But it's got alright content if you don't have that issue.

saw061600
Legend
Legend

Postby saw061600 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:03 pm

heyfeefellskee wrote:
Phaded wrote:

Is it any good?
Meh. It's got a little too much innuendo for me. I listen to my podcasts while doing work around the house and in the garage... i prefer not to listen to something I don't want my 3-year old kid or wife to hear. But it's got alright content if you don't have that issue.
I think you may have just inadvertently endorsed the site for many on the forum :wink:
10 TM No PPR or waiver 85RST
Herbert Fields Garoppolo Ridder
JT Barkley Etienne Ingram Charb CEH
Evans Aiyuk Dionte Jeudy London JWill GWils EMoore JMyers Mims Moorex2
Andrews Kinkaid Pits Freiermuth
NBosa Quinnen DJJones Clark F-Myers Taylor Graham
Darius Okereke Kendricks DCampbell DJones Baker Kiser Brooks
Adams Simmons Vaccaro Joseph

12 TM .5ppr 45 RST
Herbert Stroud Daniels
JT Achane Kamara Ford Pacheco Jaleel
AJB DK Godwin Aiyuk Keenan Kirk ZJones RMoore
Hock Kittle
LWilliams Payne Reed Greenard
Bernard Kendricks Warner Baker Williams Tranquil
Budda McKinney Clark Wilson

1-2QB 2-4RB 3-5WR 1-3TE 11OFF/DEF
Herbert Stafford Brock Dobbs
Taylor Jacobs Mattison Kyren Jaleel Ford Bigsby
AJB Diggs Evans Kirk McLaurin Dionte Boyd Renfrow JuJu
Kelce Pitts Deguara
Hutchinson Rousseau Greenard Travon Demarcus
QWilliams EJones TBernard Dean ShaqT Kyzir
Amos Bates Peppers Murray Fitz Clark

Litesout13
Captain
Captain

Postby Litesout13 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:23 pm

heyfeefellskee wrote:
I was doing other research and came across some things that reminded me of this post, so I'm following up here.

Here's how several other professionals in the industry had Ajayi ranked pre-draft:

-Ranked the #3 RB by rotoviz (you can't see the full list without a subscription, but the article linked mentions him as such)

-#3 RB by PFF--they even had him as their #3 after the rumors of his knee came out.

-#4 RB by walterfootball

-#2 RB by fantasyguru

Just to name a few. I specifically remembered seeing where he was on PFF and Walter Football, but it wasn't like they were going against the grain or anything like that.
Interesting. I guess im in the minority. I know another forum im involved in and most had him lower than that.

I also think MFL had his ADP in the 2nd round
12 team PPR||Start QB-2RB-3WR-TE-Flex||Salary Cap=$65mil||My Salary: $61,483,329
QB: Ryan($6.53)-Smith($4.13)-Garoppolo($500k)
RB: Hyde($1.75)-D. Johnson($2.16)-Zeke($1.95)-White($500k)-Turbin($500)
WR: Julio ($8.25)-Thomas($8.18)-Edelman($4.64)-K. Benjamin($3.4)-Parker($1.5)-White($1.5)-Doctson($1.3)-Mitchell($650)
TE: Kelce($1.84)-Green($1.25)-Maxx Williams($500k)
2017: 1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5
2018: 1,2,2,3,4,4,5

12 team PPR||Start QB-2RB-2WR-TE-2Flex
QB: R Wilson-Romo-RGIII-Wentz-Dak
RB: Zeke-Martin-Rawls-Hill-Starks-Perkins
WR: Julio-Parker-S Smith-T Williams-Cruz-Fuller
TE: Graham-Fleener-Hooper
2017: 1,2,3,4,5

12 Team PPR||Start QB-2RB-3WR-TE-2FLEX
QB:Rodgers-Tannehill-Wentz-Jimmy G
RB:Jones-JStew-Riddick-Henry-Drake-Sproles-Vereen-Collins
WR:Cooper-TY-Marshall-Snead-Cruz-Williams
TE:Kelce-Ertz-Clay

heyfeefellskee
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby heyfeefellskee » Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:27 pm

Litesout13 wrote:
heyfeefellskee wrote:

-#4 RB by walterfootball

-#2 RB by fantasyguru

Interesting. I guess im in the minority. I know another forum im involved in and most had him lower than that.

I also think MFL had his ADP in the 2nd round
If we're talking ADP I would guess that any drafts occurred after owners saw where he went in the NFL draft. I'd be interested in seeing any MFL rookie data from pre-NFL draft.

Litesout13
Captain
Captain

Postby Litesout13 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:35 pm

heyfeefellskee wrote:[

If we're talking ADP I would guess that any drafts occurred after owners saw where he went in the NFL draft. I'd be interested in seeing any MFL rookie data from pre-NFL draft.
Me too, unfortunately couldnt find that
12 team PPR||Start QB-2RB-3WR-TE-Flex||Salary Cap=$65mil||My Salary: $61,483,329
QB: Ryan($6.53)-Smith($4.13)-Garoppolo($500k)
RB: Hyde($1.75)-D. Johnson($2.16)-Zeke($1.95)-White($500k)-Turbin($500)
WR: Julio ($8.25)-Thomas($8.18)-Edelman($4.64)-K. Benjamin($3.4)-Parker($1.5)-White($1.5)-Doctson($1.3)-Mitchell($650)
TE: Kelce($1.84)-Green($1.25)-Maxx Williams($500k)
2017: 1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5
2018: 1,2,2,3,4,4,5

12 team PPR||Start QB-2RB-2WR-TE-2Flex
QB: R Wilson-Romo-RGIII-Wentz-Dak
RB: Zeke-Martin-Rawls-Hill-Starks-Perkins
WR: Julio-Parker-S Smith-T Williams-Cruz-Fuller
TE: Graham-Fleener-Hooper
2017: 1,2,3,4,5

12 Team PPR||Start QB-2RB-3WR-TE-2FLEX
QB:Rodgers-Tannehill-Wentz-Jimmy G
RB:Jones-JStew-Riddick-Henry-Drake-Sproles-Vereen-Collins
WR:Cooper-TY-Marshall-Snead-Cruz-Williams
TE:Kelce-Ertz-Clay

heyfeefellskee
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby heyfeefellskee » Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:41 pm

dlf_jules wrote:Good digging, feefellskee. Here's one more reference point: the 2015 DLF pre-draft consensus mock. Ajayi went 1.07, the third RB off the board. He got 38 votes. The next closest RB -- TJ Yeldon -- got 5.
Good digging yourself, sir. I forgot about the mock page.

There are a few mocks Ajayi going in the top-10, usually never later than the 3rd RB off the board.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:07 pm

When I talk about 'boards', I'm always referring to those published by professional journalists, because presumably they're more informed as to what actual NFL teams think. For some reason that I now realize was faulty I assumed that's what everyone else here was referring to as well.

Anyway, Ajayi was a consensus Day 2 pick among those types, pre knee rumor. Around RB5-7, iirc.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

heyfeefellskee
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby heyfeefellskee » Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:12 pm

ninotoreS wrote:When I talk about 'boards', I'm always referring to those published by professional journalists, because presumably they're more informed as to what actual NFL teams think. For some reason that I now realize was faulty I assumed that's what everyone else here was referring to as well.

Anyway, Ajayi was a consensus Day 2 pick among those types, pre knee rumor.
Correct--he was never projected as a round 1 pick. The draft profile projected him as being a round 2 pick.

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:15 pm

For whatever it's worth, Waldman had him as the RB8 pre-draft and the RB9 post draft. Silva had him as the RB7 post draft, but noted he would have had him right behind Gurley and Gordon if he didn't fall to the fifth round.
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks

dlf_jules
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby dlf_jules » Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:41 pm

Litesout13 wrote:
heyfeefellskee wrote: If we're talking ADP I would guess that any drafts occurred after owners saw where he went in the NFL draft. I'd be interested in seeing any MFL rookie data from pre-NFL draft.
Here's some. Ajayi was the RB3 in April and March by a comfortable margin. Barely behind Duke Johnson in February -- though, to be fair, he was barely ahead of Yeldon too.
Download the 2019 Cohort Report for free today!

heyfeefellskee
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby heyfeefellskee » Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:50 pm

dlf_jules wrote:
Litesout13 wrote:
heyfeefellskee wrote: If we're talking ADP I would guess that any drafts occurred after owners saw where he went in the NFL draft. I'd be interested in seeing any MFL rookie data from pre-NFL draft.
Here's some. Ajayi was the RB3 in April and March by a comfortable margin. Barely behind Duke Johnson in February -- though, to be fair, he was barely ahead of Yeldon too.
Good ol' mizelle.

Interesting observation as to his ADP... RB4, RB3, RB3, then May hits and boom: RB7.