Please, I need 30 responses...

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
WashingtonFever
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Please, I need 30 responses...

Postby WashingtonFever » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:44 pm

Amarok wrote:
SadBucsfan wrote:Done. Those results are pretty interesting. I'm a little surprised that such a large percentage of people root for their fantasy teams over their real teams. I'm sure this wouldn't be the case if it came to championships though; I would choose a Buccaneers championship 10 times out of 10 if it meant my fantasy football team came in last every time.
This is, without question, my single greatest fantasy football pet peeve. I HATE the person who cheers for their fantasy team over their actual NFL team. I honestly refused to go to some friend's hosues because they're the person who will have their team scored on and their first reaction was "Was that Julio!?" or whatever.

My girlfriend and I are both HUGE Packers fans, and I have one rule for Sundays: You cheer for the Packers first, your fantasy team second. I don't care if you had Romo and Dez, if the Cowboys score on the Pack, its bad. End of story.
Huge Packer fan here and nothing better than having Rodgers. It's just double the awesomeness when he does something spectacular.

Packers first though, fantasy team 2nd.

jeffster
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby jeffster » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:46 pm

Amarok wrote:
SadBucsfan wrote:Done. Those results are pretty interesting. I'm a little surprised that such a large percentage of people root for their fantasy teams over their real teams. I'm sure this wouldn't be the case if it came to championships though; I would choose a Buccaneers championship 10 times out of 10 if it meant my fantasy football team came in last every time.
This is, without question, my single greatest fantasy football pet peeve. I HATE the person who cheers for their fantasy team over their actual NFL team. I honestly refused to go to some friend's hosues because they're the person who will have their team scored on and their first reaction was "Was that Julio!?" or whatever.

My girlfriend and I are both HUGE Packers fans, and I have one rule for Sundays: You cheer for the Packers first, your fantasy team second. I don't care if you had Romo and Dez, if the Cowboys score on the Pack, its bad. End of story.
As a life-long Lions fan and Michigan native, I would encourage you to think of it as a coping strategy.

Amarok
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Amarok » Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:37 am

jeffster wrote:
Amarok wrote:

As a life-long Lions fan and Michigan native, I would encourage you to think of it as a coping strategy.
Ha! True enough, I guess. But I mean, you still should be more happy that the Lions forced a 3-and-out than mad that your fantasy WR didn't get a catch against the Lions that drive, no?

Also, sorry if I derailed this thread. :oops:
14 Team Dynasty League with 21 man rosters
.5 PPR, 4 pts/Passing TD, Scored w/ Fractionals
Start 1 QB/2 RB/3 WR/1TE/2 Flex/1 K/1 Def

QB: M. Stafford; E. Manning; R. Griffin III
RB: L. McCoy; A. Abdullah; A. Ellington; R. Mathews; C. Michael;
WR: C. Johnson; D. Thomas; Antonio Brown; J. Gordon; P. Harvin; D. Adams; D. Moncrief; J. Strong
TE: J. Thomas; L. Green; E. Ebron
K: C. Sturgis
DEF: Jacksonville

SadBucsfan
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby SadBucsfan » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:33 pm

Amarok wrote:

I'm glad I'm not alone... I wouldn't go to that friend's house either if they did that. Fantasy football is a very fun hobby, but the whole reason I got into it is BECAUSE I rooted for my team.
10 team PPR, 40 man roster, keep 33 each year (no penalty), 7 round rookie draft (starters)

QB - M. Ryan, R. Tannehill, D. Carr, J. Winston
RB - L. McCoy, L. Miller, G. Bernard, A. Morris, M. Jones, R. Hillman, C.J. Anderson, T. Rawls
WR - D. Thomas, A. Brown, J. Jones, J. Edelman, K. Aiken, J. Gordon, D. Adams, D. Parker
TE - G. Olsen, L. Green, J. Thomas, C. Walford
K - S. Hauschka
DL - R. Quinn, E. Griffen, O. Vernon, G. Hardy, C. Liuget
LB - K. Alexander, D. Trevathan, B. Marshall, B. Cushing, K. Alonso, H. Kikaha
DB - A. Colvin, W. Thurmond, B. Church, M. Jenkins

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:18 pm

Before I really joined Fantasy Football (3 years ago), I used to have season tickets to the Bucs .. Guy I had the tickets with used to drive me crazy with his fantasy players that we were up against .. I remember telling him, listen man, don't draft anyone in the NFC South anymore .. and bench these guys on home games, haha!

Not fully realizing that you really do have to play your guys even if its against your real team... He used to give a little meek "yay" when his fantasy players did well, and when I shot him a look, he'd say, "I mean, boooooo." Was kind of funny, but not really. haha.

So, the philosophy kind of became, ok, a good game for the fantasy players, but not enough to beat your home team.. It is just strange, but I have noticed the more I become involved in Fantasy, I still tend to avoid players that play in my division .. really about the only exception has been Julio Jones for me ... but he gets a pass because I have sister in Atlanta and McKay became their President (always liked McKay)... anyway, thought I would add some of my experiences with this :)

..and you can tell by the teams in my signature, I don't own any Panthers, Saints .. and a few Falcons, Julio and D Freeman ..
Last edited by Plank on Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
@PlankMelody

dlf_jules
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby dlf_jules » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:29 pm

I'm a Colts fan, and I go out of my way to own Pats players. Sort of an emotional hedge. So when there's a Brady-Gronk TD, my reaction is "#### ... well, at least it was Gronk ... but still, ####." (Of course, last week it was "#### ... Jonas Gray again, Double ####.")
Download the 2019 Cohort Report for free today!

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:44 pm

Jules wrote:I'm a Colts fan, and I go out of my way to own Pats players. Sort of an emotional hedge. So when there's a Brady-Gronk TD, my reaction is "#### ... well, at least it was Gronk ... but still, ####." (Of course, last week it was "#### ... Jonas Gray again, Double ####.")
haha, so some benefit to lessen the pain.
@PlankMelody

Telperion
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Telperion » Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:03 pm

When you're a Bucs fan you know your team has zero shot at the playoffs by about week 3, so after that point I'm pulling for fantasy and a high draft pick (which will end as a Mark Barron type anyway).

Being a Tampa sports fan can be too depressing if all you can do is pull for wins.
- Don't waste your time on late round NFL draft picks: Success rates by NFL draft round and speed.
- Team(s): Team 1

Patmos
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Patmos » Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:16 pm

Jules wrote:I'm a Colts fan, and I go out of my way to own Pats players. Sort of an emotional hedge. So when there's a Brady-Gronk TD, my reaction is "#### ... well, at least it was Gronk ... but still, ####." (Of course, last week it was "#### ... Jonas Gray again, Double ####.")
Funny how different fans react. I'm a diehard Colts fan and I won't own a Patriots player! Although nobody has ever offered me Gronk for a 3rd :silent:
aka Indy Speedway in the Lead Dog Championship League

FuzzyD
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby FuzzyD » Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:41 pm

"I root for my FFB team more than I root for my real team"
I think this can be interpreted different ways. I never root for FFB head to head against my Lions. But I spend way more time rooting for FFB players. I also root for FFB with more passion (usually), but that's mostly a product of being a Lions fan. Ions = Low expectations, fewer meaningful games...
10 Team Dynasty League (PPR), Salary Cap, 16th season
QB (start 1): A Rodgers, R Tannehill. B Hoyer
RB (1-2): D Freeman, J Stewart, David Johnson, CJ Anderson, A Ellington, T Coleman, J Ajayi, D Lewis
WR (2-4): D Thomas, D Hopkins, M Evans, TY Hilton, D Moncrief, S Diggs, P Dorsett, J Strong
TE (1-3): T Kelce, J Tamme
DEF (1): Arizona. Minnesota
K (1): G Gano
ST (1): CIN

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:27 pm

the intent is when faced with a player on your fantasy team playing vs. your real team and you root for him instead of hoping they shut him down without a single run or catch :)
@PlankMelody

Howat
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Howat » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:27 am

reddit...