Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Training Camp Hype 2023

Postby Jigga94 » Sat Jul 29, 2023 9:04 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 8:34 am
SteveMaddensShoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 8:32 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 8:30 am

I need to see it. I don't trust other people's read on it. I've seen too many where I don't agree with the assessment.
https://twitter.com/chiefs/status/16850 ... 71136?s=42
:lol: OK, thanks. Terrible pass. It's why all that nuance (in my edit) was there. "Probably", "could have" ", "a bit". That's on Mahomes. Skyy had to slow down, and tried to adjust, safety made a good play on a badly thrown ball. That's really nothing to worry about. Can nitpick here, but that's so clearly on Pat. On the positive, Moore's was really open, the separation was quite impressive. Not expecting a massive season from any Chiefs WR, but the reports in general for Moore is that he looks much better than he did this time last year. With Juju and Hardman gone, Toney not able to stay healthy, not hard to see a significant statistical improvement from Skyy this year.
It's hard to tell because you don't see much of them until the ball drops in. Definitely looks underthrown though... sure Skyy should come back to an underthrown ball, but he also had his man beat it seems. Funny how people spin this whichever way they want.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sat Jul 29, 2023 9:09 am

Loving what I'm reading and seeing on Zay Flowers.

Could be in for an Olave type of surprise with his immediate production.

JoeJoe88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby JoeJoe88 » Sat Jul 29, 2023 9:10 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 6:53 am This is the kind of stuff I do really pay attention to out of TC:

There is a video in the report that supports it, so we aren’t just taking a beatwriter’s word for it.

This isn’t an attempt to create a dogpile on Moore, it’s just an example of something that bears watching IMO. In this case we’ve got a young WR who doesn’t do the little thing and it changes a reception into a pick. This is a time when guys should be honing their craft and working on all the little things that will make them better. This could be a one off, but it is something to register and see if similar reports/videos come up throughout camp. This is the kind of stuff that can be the difference in whether a player takes the next step and becomes a reliable or even favored targeted WR.
I need to see it. I don't trust other people's read on it. I've seen too many where I don't agree with the assessment.
Yeah, not sure what Skyy’s really supposed to do there. Ball looks badly underthrown to me.

Bronco Billy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sat Jul 29, 2023 9:11 am

:lol: OK, thanks. Terrible pass. It's why all that nuance (in my edit) was there. "Probably", "could have" ", "a bit". That's on Mahomes. Skyy had to slow down, and tried to adjust, safety made a good play on a badly thrown ball. That's really nothing to worry about. Can nitpick here, but that's so clearly on Pat. On the positive, Moore's was really open, the separation was quite impressive. Not expecting a massive season from any Chiefs WR, but the reports in general for Moore is that he looks much better than he did this time last year. With Juju and Hardman gone, Toney not able to stay healthy, not hard to see a significant statistical improvement from Skyy this year.
Absolutely underthrown. But that’s where a QB relies on his guy to adjust and come back to the ball instead of just giving the DB a lollipop. That kind of stuff happens in every game in the NFL and the WR has to save his QB in that situation. That’s what builds trust and confidence in the QB for the receiver, and that’s extremely important.

In any case, that’s just an example of the kind of stuff I file away instead of a lot of the fluffy crap out there. I’m looking for players paying attention to detail.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Jul 29, 2023 9:14 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 9:11 am
Absolutely underthrown. But that’s where a QB relies on his guy to adjust and come back to the ball instead of just giving the DB a lollipop. That kind of stuff happens in every game in the NFL and the WR has to save his QB in thst situation. That’s what builds trust and confidence in the QB for the receiver, and that’s extremely important.

In any case, that’s just an example of the kind of stuff I file away instead of a lot of the fluffy crap out there. I’m looking for players paying attention to detail.
I guess. It's not like he didn't try to adjust, he was going full speed away from the ball in 2 directions, laterally and vertically. Maybe he could have done a bit more, but by the time he slowed down enough, the DB had basically already undercut him. Anyways, is it September yet? :lol:
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Bronco Billy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sat Jul 29, 2023 9:32 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 9:14 am

Absolutely underthrown. But that’s where a QB relies on his guy to adjust and come back to the ball instead of just giving the DB a lollipop. That kind of stuff happens in every game in the NFL and the WR has to save his QB in thst situation. That’s what builds trust and confidence in the QB for the receiver, and that’s extremely important.

I guess. It's not like he didn't try to adjust, he was going full speed away from the ball in 2 directions, laterally and vertically. Maybe he could have done a bit more, but by the time he slowed down enough, the DB had basically already undercut him. Anyways, is it September yet? :lol:
My intent wasn’t to start any kind of dust up, just sharing how I use this time of the year to help my evaluation of players. Sure, that poor pass is on Mahomes - but I don’t question his ability. He has a proven body of work. Moore is still an unknown. If someone just wants to jump to his defense for not judging a badly underthrown pass and then acting on that judgment as irrelevant, that’s certainly their choice.

I know if I had that kid on the field in that situation that a teaching moment would have occurred. There’s a opportunity there to be a better player. If it gets fixed, then we’ll see something different later in camp. If not, then that if something that should affect FF owners’ evaluation. That’s something that could affect his opportunities. Again, IMO.
Last edited by Bronco Billy on Sat Jul 29, 2023 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Jul 29, 2023 9:32 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 9:32 am

My intent wasn’t to start any kind of dust up, just sharing how I use this time of the year to help my evaluation of players. Sure, that poor pass is on Mahomes / but I don’t question his ability. He has a proven body of work. Moore is still an unknown. If someone just wants to jump to his defense for not judging a badly underthrown pass and then acting on that judgment as irrelevant, that certainly their choice.

I know if I had that kid on the field in that situation that a teaching moment would have occurred. There’s a opportunity there to be a better player. If it gets fixed, then we’ll see something different later in camp. If not, then that if something that should affect FF owners’ evaluation. That’s something that could affect his opportunities. Again, IMO.
Oh, I'm not upset, and I see what you are saying. I respect your point of view on it. It's not like I think Skyy is the finished product yet, or doesn't have areas where he can still improve.
Janiel Dones Truther

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Bronco Billy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:54 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 9:32 am

My intent wasn’t to start any kind of dust up, just sharing how I use this time of the year to help my evaluation of players. Sure, that poor pass is on Mahomes / but I don’t question his ability. He has a proven body of work. Moore is still an unknown. If someone just wants to jump to his defense for not judging a badly underthrown pass and then acting on that judgment as irrelevant, that certainly their choice.

Oh, I'm not upset, and I see what you are saying. I respect your point of view on it. It's not like I think Skyy is the finished product yet, or doesn't have areas where he can still improve.
Out of curiosity, what things catch your attention in TC? Or is it just kind of a wait-and-see exercise until PS starts?

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Sat Jul 29, 2023 3:53 pm

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Jul 29, 2023 4:40 pm

Zay Flowers missing 2nd straight day with illness.

Jordan Love apparently looking sharp, the last few days, especially today.
Janiel Dones Truther

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Jul 29, 2023 4:50 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:54 am

Out of curiosity, what things catch your attention in TC? Or is it just kind of a wait-and-see exercise until PS starts?
Negative stuff. Drops, bad routes, not knowing assignments. Accuracy issues with QB's. More negative stuff than positive, this early especially. They are padless drills and a lot of 7 on 7's. Defenders are told to let up to avoid collisions on plays over the middle, or when there's a crowd of people. If the offensive players aren't making catches and completing passes, it's concerning. It's flag football right now.
Janiel Dones Truther

JoeJoe88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby JoeJoe88 » Sat Jul 29, 2023 5:13 pm

Lumps wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 3:53 pm Kid just straight ignoring Bryce:

https://twitter.com/Panthers/status/1685309036386734081
Young’s reaction was great :lol:

I’m really rooting for that dude.

Bronco Billy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sat Jul 29, 2023 5:20 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 4:50 pm

Negative stuff. Drops, bad routes, not knowing assignments. Accuracy issues with QB's. More negative stuff than positive, this early especially. They are padless drills and a lot of 7 on 7's. Defenders are told to let up to avoid collisions on plays over the middle, or when there's a crowd of people. If the offensive players aren't making catches and completing passes, it's concerning. It's flag football right now.
They’re in pads now. They’ve got to be running some thud work.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Jul 29, 2023 6:01 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 5:20 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 4:50 pm

They’re in pads now. They’ve got to be running some thud work.
THe other thing I would look for is stuff like passing work for RB's. Guys in college who didn't catch many balls, or do much pass pro. Ronald Jones having stone hands in TC for instance, a few years back. Beat reporter in New Orleans mentioning Kendre making some tough grabs in camp this year, a guy who didn't catch many balls. I know Kendre has hands, but it's nice to see it confirmed a bit. A guy like Melvin Gordon or JT was another example, Wisky backs who showed signs of being competent pass catchers despite limited usage in college.
Janiel Dones Truther

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Sat Jul 29, 2023 7:18 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 10:44 pm https://twitter.com/LombardiHimself/sta ... 4153790464

Lance struggling. (Purdy hasn't been great either, but is the only QB currently taking only first team reps)
Trey Lance's best throw of today was his only completion, an intermediate crosser to Tay Martin.

But the major concern for the 49ers remains Lance's wildly spotty short game. He threw one short attempt for Brayden Willis into the turf and another short throw behind Jordan Mason.

Lance's body language was not positive after either miss. We've seen similar inaccuracies sprinkled through warmups. He must be more consistent on those bread-and-butter throws to earn more of Shanahan's trust
Not an excuse, but also not Deebo/Ayiuk type names...Lance was never going to win the battle even if they are "giving him a chance". It's Purdy's job and everyone knows it. SF is just trying to save face and see if Lance can do anything to warrant attention to trade him.