You Should Be Up on Josh Downs

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: You Should Be Up on Josh Downs

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:36 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:32 pm Mims and Reed getting higher draft pedigree was surprising to me, but overall all three are very good players that I don't think you can go wrong with. They've all flashed well so far through three games, though I think Downs is floating under the radar a little more.
I think due to the nature of this offense, it may be a while before he really has a chance to do a lot, but that could be a good opportunity to snag him.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Sep 25, 2023 6:26 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:36 pm
Cameron Giles wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:32 pm Mims and Reed getting higher draft pedigree was surprising to me, but overall all three are very good players that I don't think you can go wrong with. They've all flashed well so far through three games, though I think Downs is floating under the radar a little more.
I think due to the nature of this offense, it may be a while before he really has a chance to do a lot, but that could be a good opportunity to snag him.
That's the thing though, he actually is doing a lot and it's been in the exact ways I've described in this thread.

He just hasn't had that huge game yet. But the usage has been solid and I think there's a breakout week coming. They could use him more downfield for better aDOT, but he's really winning as that quick-win separator in this offense (similar role Devonta Smith had) to establish the layups in this offense.

This week:

80% snaps
75%+ snap rate in three straight weeks
12 targets
8 receptions

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Mon Sep 25, 2023 11:56 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 6:26 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:36 pm
That's the thing though, he actually is doing a lot and it's been in the exact ways I've described in this thread.

He just hasn't had that huge game yet. But the usage has been solid and I think there's a breakout week coming. They could use him more downfield for better aDOT, but he's really winning as that quick-win separator in this offense (similar role Devonta Smith had) to establish the layups in this offense.

This week:

80% snaps
75%+ snap rate in three straight weeks
12 targets
8 receptions

To pile on, he's passed the eye test. It's not just fluff stat padding on dump offs.

I'd still have Mims and Reed above him, but I'd be happy with any of the 3. Now all we need is for the coaches to realize Mims needs more work. Dude has looked phenomenal.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Nix
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, Connor, Benson
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Woods

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:02 pm

Orenthal Shames wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 11:56 am
To pile on, he's passed the eye test. It's not just fluff stat padding on dump offs.

I'd still have Mims and Reed above him, but I'd be happy with any of the 3. Now all we need is for the coaches to realize Mims needs more work. Dude has looked phenomenal.
Yeah, it's not making a lot of sense why Mims is playing behind "Brandon Johnson" and "Lil' Jordan Humphrey" right now, while he's consistently showing elite big-play talent on ST and on offense.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:05 pm

Couldn't agree more with the above

Shcritters
MVP
MVP

Postby Shcritters » Mon Sep 25, 2023 1:59 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:02 pm
Orenthal Shames wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 11:56 am

Yeah, it's not making a lot of sense why Mims is playing behind "Brandon Johnson" and "Lil' Jordan Humphrey" right now, while he's consistently showing elite big-play talent on ST and on offense.
Welcome to the DEN offense. As an owner of Jeudy and Sutton in one league I remember checking box scores last year and thinking ‘who the heck are these guys, and why are each of them getting 2-4 targets when Jeudy and Sutton are only seeing 4-6 each?!? Is this kindergarten where everyone has to get a turn to play?’ Very frustrating when you see Keenan Allen get 20 targets, or Hill get 12, or Olave get 12… etc. Wilson, would you please latch on to SOMEONE, ANYONE, and pepper them?!?

Back to Downs… been pleased so far.
Gopher Two
PPR SF, WR & TE Premium (WR 1.2 PPR , TE 1.5 PPR), 10 total starters, 1 QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Mahomes, Prescott, Mayfield
RB: Hall, Pacheco, Jacobs, Connor, Chubb, Mattison
WR: Tyreek, AJ Brown, Flowers, CSutton, JJeudy, Slayton, Iosivas
TE: McBride, DSchultz, Musgrave, Kraft, MGesicki
2024: 1.02, 2.02
2022 and 2023 League Champ

SafeLeague #1 (12 team, SF, 2.0 PPR TE Prem). 10 total starters 1 QB, 1SF (QB/TE/RB/WR), 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Caleb, Purdy, Levis, Penix
RB: Pacheco, Estime, Vaughn
WR: Nabers, Coleman, Downs, EMoore, Jeudy, Burton, MMims, MWilson
TE: Hock, Kincaid, Pitts, Sinnott, Mayer
2025: 3 1sts, 2 2nds, 2 3rds, 2 4ths

SafeLeague #2
QB: Caleb, Richardson, Purdy, JJMcCarthy
RB: literal ZERO RB (for now)
WR: Nabers, Worthy, McConkey, Brian Thomas Jr, Pearsall, Mims, Burton, Mingo, Toney, Skyy, Iosivas
TE: LaPorta, Kincaid, McBride, Bowers, Mayer, Musgrave, Schoonmaker
2025: 3 1sts, 2 2nds

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Fri Sep 29, 2023 4:57 am

funny thing, i began picking reed early in the draft process, then moved to mims and finally began taking downs in the later drafts. they were all a case of either or as they were being picked at the same area of most drafts.

now i have a good share of each. really couldn't go wrong there. they all look good.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Sep 29, 2023 6:10 am

Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 4:57 am funny thing, i began picking reed early in the draft process, then moved to mims and finally began taking downs in the later drafts. they were all a case of either or as they were being picked at the same area of most drafts.

now i have a good share of each. really couldn't go wrong there. they all look good.
You really couldn't go wrong by taking a WR in the 2nd this year. Unless you went Mingo

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Fri Sep 29, 2023 6:18 am

Jigga94 wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 6:10 am
Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 4:57 am funny thing, i began picking reed early in the draft process, then moved to mims and finally began taking downs in the later drafts. they were all a case of either or as they were being picked at the same area of most drafts.

You really couldn't go wrong by taking a WR in the 2nd this year. Unless you went Mingo
Easy there. Mingo looks fine. He's was leading the team in snaps prior to his injury and they clearly want to get him the ball as evidenced by his 19 targets in barely over two games. It's just not syncing with Young yet. Would have loved to see him in a full game with Dalton.

He and Michael Wilson are both cheap buy lows for me.

fleaflickerchamp
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby fleaflickerchamp » Fri Sep 29, 2023 6:20 am

Jigga94 wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 6:10 am

You can roll that into the third round too. Maybe besides someone reaching on Hyatt so that I could get Downs after
10 team PPR 2 QB, 2RB,3WR,TE,2F,DE,LB,S,7BENCH,4TAXI, IR(Only Keep 15 in bold)
QB: Burrow, Tua, Baker , Mac, Browning
RB: Walker, Mondre, R. White, R. Johnson, Herbert
WR: Olave, Pittman, Meyers, Downs, Jameson Williams, Shaheed, W. Robinson, Noah Brown
TE: Goedert, Pitts
DE:Bosa
LB:Wagner
S:Hamilton
2024: 1.01,1.02,2.01,4.01,5.01
2025: 1st, 2nd, 2 3rds, 4th, 5th

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Oct 01, 2023 11:08 am

Just on pure value, this is already an easy win. Props to CG on another great WR gem 💎

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Oct 08, 2023 4:13 pm

6/97 on 6 targets today with Richardson and Minshew.

Game had a bit of everything from the OP.

+ YAC ability
+ Increased downfield usage
+ Catches in traffic
+ Big-time separation ability at multiple levels

He fits this offense perfectly right now

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Sun Oct 08, 2023 5:15 pm

The kid can flat out play. He's averaging nearly double the league average in separation yardage.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Nix
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, Connor, Benson
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Woods

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Oct 08, 2023 5:37 pm

Trying to buy everywhere

j4pac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby j4pac » Sun Oct 08, 2023 5:49 pm

I’d only buy if I was convinced that Richardson was going to be out a lot.
SF, PPR, 12 team, 12 player dynasty

QB- Lawrence, Fields, Tannehill (max 2 keepers, 3 rostered)
RB- Bijan Robinson, T Pollard, Allgeier, Charbonnet, Achane, J Wilson, Kelley, K Williams
WR- Lamb, Jeudy, Hill, C Olave, A Pierce, Shaheed, Bourne
TE- Goedert, Musgrave