The Dak Prescott Thread - Gets A New Deal

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Re: Dak Prescott value

Postby Pac_Eddy » Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:16 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:04 am While I do think Dak gets a long term deal, what would be the play if they didn't want to? Tag and trade? Would dumb to let him walk and get nothing..
Would be real difficult to get a better QB than Dak. Have to get a high first and hope it hits. I think he stays in Dallas. They should still draft a QB high, though NFL teams rarely do with a young guy on a new contract.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Forza_Azzurri
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:08 pm

I don’t think it’s going to happen, but once the Cowboys hire Lincoln Riley, they could tag Dak and draft Jalen Hurts. Then let Hurts sit for a year.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:45 am

DLF has posted an article about Dak Prescott as an fyi. :)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Dak Prescott

Postby bjd5211 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:04 am

Pretty good discussion going on about him in the "WRs who breakout in year 1" thread, but figure it best to start it's own thread rather than continue to take that one off topic.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=204437&start=375

Basically the discussion is over if/should the Cowboys move on from him this offseason given their cap situation and hiw much he'll cost, and the exceptionally strong QB class in this years draft.

Personally I think he stays, but the option of trading him and acquiring a rookie QB who you can pay for 4 years the same amount Dak will cost every year has to be at least considered.

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Dak Prescott

Postby killer_of_giants » Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:11 am

i don't know, any time a team has cap space issues, they always find a way to work around it.
whatever happens, hopefully he's learnt not to try to get a couple of extra yards on a 1st and 10 wihle on the tag like a total idiot.

Meretc01
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Meretc01 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:20 am

The likely hood is strong that Dak goes back to Dallas.. but on the top of my head I can name 3 places I’d rather be at that isn’t Dallas... Indy, Denver, SF, all have strong defenses and very up and coming offenses.. SF being the most lucrative spot for outside money.. Dallas is a sinking ship and they need to lock him down to a deal he wants. The cowboys have no leverage in negotiating. If his drive is money and Dallas even come close than I’d be hard press to see if he doesnt test the market. He might still sign with Dallas but if he gets offers from other teams then that puts ALOT of pressure on Dallas. Dak is the cowboys best option currently.
12Team 1QB 3 WR 2 RB 1 TE 2 Flex
QB: Tannehill, Wilson
RB: Swift, M. Carter, Etienne, Cohen, Mckissic, Dallas
WR: Jefferson, Pittman Jr.,T. Higgins, Reagor, Parker, Slayton, G.Davis, Cephus, A St.Brown, T. Marshall,
T. Johnson
TE: Schultz, Jonnu, Dissly, Sample
2022 Picks: 1st-2 3rd-1

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:22 am

Well Dallas does have the franchise tag as leverage, so Dak isn't going to be receiving any offers this year from other teams unless Dallas gives him permission to seek a trade. There's no chance Dallas just lets him hit UFA this offseason.

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:22 pm

I don't think Dallas has much leverage to trade him. The team receiving Dak in trade will want a long term contract first, so Dak will have to agree to playing on the one year franchise tag, or to a new contract. Dak can refuse to play, so a team will want that settled first.

I think Dallas should keep and pay him, even if they are in a tough salary cap situation, AND draft a rookie QB. QB is the most important position and they themselves have proved it this season. I know no one in the NFL does this, but it's what I would do.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

burntfire
Role Player
Role Player

Postby burntfire » Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:24 pm

Meretc01 wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:20 am The likely hood is strong that Dak goes back to Dallas.. but on the top of my head I can name 3 places I’d rather be at that isn’t Dallas... Indy, Denver, SF, all have strong defenses and very up and coming offenses.. SF being the most lucrative spot for outside money.. Dallas is a sinking ship and they need to lock him down to a deal he wants. The cowboys have no leverage in negotiating. If his drive is money and Dallas even come close than I’d be hard press to see if he doesnt test the market. He might still sign with Dallas but if he gets offers from other teams then that puts ALOT of pressure on Dallas. Dak is the cowboys best option currently.
All Jeudy holders collectively hold their breath.
14 Team Super Flex, 1 PPR
QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1 Flex, 1 SFlex, 3 IR

QB: Davis Mills, Kenny Pickett, Sam Darnold, Matt Corral
WR: Chris Godwin, A.J Brown, D.K. Metcalf, Jerry Jeudy, Jalen Reagor, Allen Lazard, K.J. Osborn, Skyy Moore, Tutu Atwell, Greg Dortch
RB: Josh Jacobs, Khalil Herbert, Tyson Chandler, Ronald Jones, K Gainwell
TE: Robert Tonyan, David Njoku, Jonnu Smith, Gerald Everett, Jelani Woods
2023: 1.05, 1.08
2024: 1

brward
Rookie
Rookie

Postby brward » Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:33 pm

burntfire wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:24 pm
Meretc01 wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:20 am The likely hood is strong that Dak goes back to Dallas.. but on the top of my head I can name 3 places I’d rather be at that isn’t Dallas... Indy, Denver, SF, all have strong defenses and very up and coming offenses.. SF being the most lucrative spot for outside money.. Dallas is a sinking ship and they need to lock him down to a deal he wants. The cowboys have no leverage in negotiating. If his drive is money and Dallas even come close than I’d be hard press to see if he doesnt test the market. He might still sign with Dallas but if he gets offers from other teams then that puts ALOT of pressure on Dallas. Dak is the cowboys best option currently.
Sutton and Hamler owners too. Dak was supporting 3 wrs to varying degrees.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:48 pm

brward wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:33 pm
burntfire wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:24 pm
Sutton and Hamler owners too. Dak was supporting 3 wrs to varying degrees.
Make it happen!

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:49 pm

Pac_Eddy wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:22 pm I think Dallas should keep and pay him, even if they are in a tough salary cap situation, AND draft a rookie QB. QB is the most important position and they themselves have proved it this season. I know no one in the NFL does this, but it's what I would do.
Jalen Hurts 8-) :lol:

+1 borderline fanbase draft-day riot

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:55 pm

If Dak is not a Cowboy next year I will root for the Patriots to win the SB. That is how confident I am he returns
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:09 pm

murphysxm wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:55 pm If Dak is not a Cowboy next year I will root for the Patriots to win the SB. That is how confident I am he returns
I'm very confident he returns too, but it is a route they have to at least consider. The only way I see this becoming a real possibility is in the event that Trevor Lawrence actually does what a lot of people suggest he should do, refuse to play for the Jets. In that scenario I think Jerry absolutely falls in love with the vision of Lawrence as a Cowboy, and then the Cowboys and Jets work out a tag and trade deal of Dak + 1.05 (their current draft pick) for #1, and the Jets with all their cap space give Dak the extension he's looking for.

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:09 pm

murphysxm wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:55 pm If Dak is not a Cowboy next year I will root for the Patriots to win the SB. That is how confident I am he returns
Blasphemy.

What if the colts sign him?