Ezekiel Elliott Thread: Should we Buy or Sell?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Do you have a problem with Zeke?

Postby Phaded » Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:19 pm

FantasyFreak wrote:
PhadedCN wrote:The OP literally uses the word "guru".

I can understand people who prefer guys like Gurley & Fournette. I can see that argument regardless of my opinion on it.

A lot of people around here have Zeke as a top 5 back.

This "guru" has him as a fringe top 5 back compared to the 2015 class. Now like I said - I can see the argument for Gurley. But Gordon, Yeldon, Abdullah & "maybe" Coleman? I would love to see the argument for all of them above Zeke because I can't see it.

When someone gets touted as a "guru" and says something like that with no compelling argument, I just can't take it remotely seriously.

Not to mention; this guru quotes the 40 time but many people had Zeke as 1.01 even before the 40 time.
Wow, just noticed your from Canada, too. Whereabout's? I'm just outside of Toronto. Anyway, I fully agree that he should be ranked higher than most of those guys.
Just outside of Toronto too actually. Lived in Mississauga most my life until last summer when I moved to Brampton.

Seems to be a lot of Raider fans in the GTA.

Bad News Barrett
MVP
MVP

Postby Bad News Barrett » Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:05 pm

If he turns out to be even close to Forte, I'd be thrilled taking him with 1.01

If your "guru" helped you build team 1 in your signature, OP, then I would do the exact opposite of what he tells you to do
Finally on Twitter @dynastybarrett

"I'm afraid I've got some bad news"

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:11 pm

badnewsbarrett wrote: If your "guru" helped you build team 1 in your signature, OP, then I would do the exact opposite of what he tells you to do
Lol yikessssssss

https://youtu.be/lMqfWoFjgto
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat

chopping mall
Role Player
Role Player

Postby chopping mall » Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:03 pm

Zpalmer wrote:"Everyone is making a huge deal that zeke ran a 4:47 40 yet seem to not have noticed he double caught almost every pass, had two drops and he looked stiff running drills. Also had a below average vertical, broad jump and shuttle"

"It's easy to look like you know what you're doing when you're rubbing behind an oline that has a 5-star recruit at every position and you're in a spread offense that isn't pro-style. If zeke were in the draft last year he would be behind Gurley, Gordon, yeldon and Abdullah. Probably be on the same level as Coleman"

"The wrs are slow is the only reason people want him at 1.01"

"A lot can change after the draft though. Situation matters, if zeke goes to Houston or Dallas then I'll probably raise him up"
These are all statements made by one of my 'go to guys' about Dynasty. I asked him if he was overthinking himself by having Zeke at 1.04 and he replied with this. Which I mean I can't disagree too much. Mainly because I have leaned on this guy for a lot of player values.
Anyone agree with my guru?
I have the 1.01 in a few leagues and have Zeke in a Tier all by himself.
There is a lot of truth to this, Zeke didn't become a consensus 1.01 until AFTER the combine. Beforehand Treadwell and Zeke were neck and neck there for drafts. Treadwell not running and the WRs in this class running slow has put a shadow on them. This makes Zeke the lone standout in terms of expectations. As someone said because we can say about him that he's good at everything he's a "safe" pick. Being the only safe pick in a sea of uncertainty has helped him.

Once Treadwell runs at his pro-day and we see his landing spot, Treadwell will very likely start pushing again as the 1.01.
Team: Hounds of Justice - Year 5
12 Team - 35 Man roster .5 PPR Dynasty IDP (1QB|2WR|2RB|1TE|2Flex|2DL|2LB|2DB|1Flex)
QB: D. Brees, D. Carr, A. Dalton
RB: S. Barkley, J. Mixon, C. Clement, F. Gore, J. Jackson, P. Perkins, G. Bernard
WR: K. Allen, A. Green, J. Edelman, B. Cooks, T. Quinn, J. Reynolds, M. Crabtree, J. Doctson
TE: D. Walker D. Waller, D. Goedert, J. Smith
DL: T. Flowers, J. Houston, C. Peters, E. Ansah
LB: D. Leonard, M. Jack, N. Vigil, J. Baker, P. Onwuasor, S. Hamilton
DB: J. Bates, K. Jackson,
taxi: R. Finley, D. Crockett, J. Ursua, D. Willis, J. Thornhill
2020 Picks: 3rd, 5th, 6th

ImaRounder
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ImaRounder » Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:10 pm

1. There is nobody in their right mind that would say Gordon, Yeldon and AA are better or more talented than Zeke. Saying Zeke ran behind 5-star recruits as a point to why he is overhyped is silly. What do you think Gordon did at Wisconsin in a system that generated Montee Ball and James White? Or Alabama that produced Yeldon behind literally four NFL starters? Just a terrible statement.
2. I'm a Buckeye, yet still have Zeke ranked 1.02 based solely on what I see in terms of skills that translate to the NFL. Doctson being my 1.01. Zeke is safer but I could not pass on the talent that Doctson possesses.
3. As far as the comment about your guru giving your team advice and you doing the opposite, it's really tough to argue against that.

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:18 pm

PhadedCN wrote:The OP literally uses the word "guru"..
Maybe it's Mathew Berry like we joked about on here last week? Lol

I learned to only watch/listen to the ESPN guys for entertainment purposes, not for actual advice. Once Ross Tucker, Matt Williamson and Christopher Harris left so did my attention span for ESPN
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:40 pm

ImaRounder wrote:1. There is nobody in their right mind that would say Gordon, Yeldon and AA are better or more talented than Zeke. Saying Zeke ran behind 5-star recruits as a point to why he is overhyped is silly. What do you think Gordon did at Wisconsin in a system that generated Montee Ball and James White? Or Alabama that produced Yeldon behind literally four NFL starters? Just a terrible statement.
2. I'm a Buckeye, yet still have Zeke ranked 1.02 based solely on what I see in terms of skills that translate to the NFL. Doctson being my 1.01. Zeke is safer but I could not pass on the talent that Doctson possesses.
3. As far as the comment about your guru giving your team advice and you doing the opposite, it's really tough to argue against that.
His guru is George Costanza!
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:43 pm

Imagine SF drafts him, and they have a 1/2 punch with Hyde.....I could see Kelly pushing for that. I own Hyde, so I would not want that, but just imagine. Treadwell back to 1.01! Or Doctson.....
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:53 pm

Is it that Jake Ciely dude, the AllInKid? I think those look similar to his rookie ranks.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

derekhiny
Captain
Captain

Postby derekhiny » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:08 pm

I find the argument that he should be downgraded because he ran behind a dominant college O-Line to be quite stupid. If that's the case, then downgrade every RB coming out of Alabama from now until Saban leaves, and every RB coming out of any school at the top of the Big Ten. Any RB coming from any power program, really. Those schools are good year after year because they have the best O-Lines. I would worry about the RB who averaged 4.5yds/att behind a dominant college O-Line, not the one who averaged 6.3 his final season and 6.7 for his entire college career. What was he supposed to run for? 9? 10? I just traded for the 1.1 last night, and I will be taking Zeke without hesitation.
12 Team Full Point PPR / IDP

QB - A-Rod, Russ Wilson, Lamar Jax,
RB - Zeke, DJ, Ingram, J Howard, Penny, Ware
WR - Nuk, Julio, D Adams, Cooks, A Cooper, Kirk, E Sanders, Albert Wilson, Deon Cain, Brandon Powell, Lasley
TE - Kittle, Delanie, Goedert, Brate, Eifert, Shaheen
DE - Hunter, Melvin Ingram, JPP, Fowler, Nassib, Golden, Turay
LB - Keuchley, Telvin, Deion Jones, Fred Warner
DB - Bates, John Johnson, McDougald, Justin Reid, Geathers, R Harrison, Whitehead

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:02 pm

It pains me to say it, because I think Ohio State fans are just about the worst, but... I think Zeke is pretty close to a sure thing as a pro. I don't necessarily mean superstar 'sure thing', but he has no real flaws as a prospect, and that makes me feel pretty darn safe about him as a dynasty pick. He's a legitimate 3-down RB with big, sure hands for both catching balls and protecting balls, seemingly solid pass-blocking ability, bellcow-capable NFL size and proven collegiate workloads, and exceptional workout scores to boot.

About the only caveat I have with him -- and I really have to scrap the barrel here -- is that I don't know yet if his vision is good, average, or bad, because he benefited from dominant O-lines in college that didn't have trouble carving out holes for him. (edit: okay, I can scrap up another one: he might be kind of a diva? he whined to the media about his lack of touches following a devastating loss, and although he was sort of right, it was unusual to see a college player do that)

This is a very weak offensive draft class this year (it seems), and for me, Zeke is the easy 1.1 in dynasty rookie drafts, unless he gets drafted to just a completely horrible situation.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

ZPalmtree
Captain
Captain

Postby ZPalmtree » Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:02 pm

"Watching zeke' pro day. He looks a lot better catching the ball than he did at the combine"

" https://twitter.com/nflnetwork/status/7 ... 9694657537 "

"He looked a lot better catching the ball. But he still looked stiff with his cuts and jukes. He is probably my 1.01 but if the Cowboys take an RB in the first 2 rds I'd probably rather have him than zeke"

"In summary, he looked a lot better today but still isn't the clear cut 1.01 everyone else thinks he is."

Couple of texts I received from my guy today.

djeternal2
Captain
Captain

Postby djeternal2 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:30 pm

Zpalmer wrote:"Watching zeke' pro day. He looks a lot better catching the ball than he did at the combine"

"He looked a lot better catching the ball. But he still looked stiff with his cuts and jukes. He is probably my 1.01 but if the Cowboys take an RB in the first 2 rds I'd probably rather have him than zeke"

"In summary, he looked a lot better today but still isn't the clear cut 1.01 everyone else thinks he is."

So whoever this person is went from guru to just a guy in a week? Hope that a pay cut came with it too...
10 tm ppr 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 Flex, TE, K, TDEF (Yr 6)
QB - Ryan, Wentz
RB - Gurley, A Jones, Cohen, Kerryon, Dam Williams, Duke, I Smith, Armstead, T Carson
WR - AJG, Watkins, ARob, A. Cooper, K Allen, M Williams, Godwin, Callaway, JJAW
TE - Gesicki, I Smith, Herndon, Eifert, Sternberger, Dissly

10 tm TE prem 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, K, 2 DB, 2 DL, 2 LB (Yr 5)
QB - Mahomes, Mayfield, Wentz,
RB - Zeke, Chubb, Kerryon, Duke, Edmonds, B Hill
WR - Nuk, AJG, ARob, JJS, Samuel, MVS, T Smith, D Hamilton, Gallup, K Johnson
TE - Njoku, Eifert, Herndon, I Smith, I Thomas, Moreau
DL - Watt, K Clark, Q Williams
LB - D Jones, D Bush
DB - K Neal, Bell

DLF Early Birds - 16 tm SF (1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex, 1 SF
QB - A Rodgers, Darnold, Rosen, M Rudolph, Luck
RB - Damian Williams, J Howard, Duke, AP, Gore
WR - Julio, Golladay, Kirk, Stills, Manny Sanders, N Harry
TE - Jarwin, Gesicki, Boyle, Sprinkle

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:50 pm

Zpalmer wrote:"Watching zeke' pro day. He looks a lot better catching the ball than he did at the combine"

...lol.

ZPalmtree
Captain
Captain

Postby ZPalmtree » Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:54 pm

djeternal2 wrote:

So whoever this person is went from guru to just a guy in a week? Hope that a pay cut came with it too...
I started this thread because i was going to see if there was anyone who felt the same way and maybe point out any flaws along with the listed. I understand the flack I am getting for calling this guy my "guru" and sorry that "guy" and "guru" require distinctions. You don't know if he is right, you may not agree but none of you guys know. This is predicting the future. I hope all of you talking bleep feel good about yourselves and I hope every single one of your precious predictions or gut feelings have been right, because if they were you have every right in the world to tak bleep on a forum through a key board or touch screen phone, to a person you may or may never know or meet. Just because one of my Dynasty mentor's that I labeled a Guru because of his previous predictions or judgements, doesn't mean every post has to try and ridicule me or the fact that my "Guru" or "guy" has made a bold prediction.