Stefon Diggs Thread: Traded to Buffalo!

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Seventy5
Legend
Legend

Re: Stefon Diggs

Postby Seventy5 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:42 pm

I drafted Diggs in two devy leagues after his rookie season, held, and now own him in all but one league so I'm probably biased, but man....he just always passes the eye test for me. It's difficult not to see a mixture of a mini Dez and OBJ style of play (especially how he catches the ball, massive hands, and he used to move/run like a small Dez in college) with what has always sounded like an Antonio Brown work ethic.

6 rec / 89 yards and 7 rec / 129 yards in his first two games as a rookie is impressive, definitely, but his game tape has been far more impressive than his raw stats. He really jumps off the screen to me (and I always thought it was because I was heavily invested, but maybe he's just actually that good and his bad situation/stats/injury led to him falling too far in the draft).

I didn't pay it much attention at the time, but I remember Brandon Marshall even publicly talking about how good Diggs could be before the NFL draft - https://instagram.com/p/2FW1asItLf/

There's just way too much smoke, good game tape/stats, people talking highly of him, and past pedigree for there not to be fire here.
DLF HOF League | 16 Team 1PPR 1QB-2WR-2RB-1TE-2FL:
QB: Deshaun Watson | Stafford | Purdy | Hooker
RB: Saquon Barkley |DeVon Achane | Deuce
RB: Alvin Kamara | Joe Mixon / Chase Brown | Tucker
WR: Tyreek Hill | Rashee Rice | Tank Dell
WR: Stefon Diggs | DeVonta Smith | MWilliams | Claypool | C Austin
TE: Higbee | Likely | Chig Okonkwo | Strange
2023: 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 3

DLF Premium League | 16 Team 1PPR 1QB-2WR-2RB-1TE-2FL:
QB: Joe Burrow | Mayfield | Hooker
RB: Saquon Barkley | Tank Bigsby | Deuce
RB: Alvin Kamara | Aaron Jones | JK Dobbins | Sean Tucker
WR: Ja'Marr Chase | Christian Watson | Hyatt | Shenault
WR: Keenan Allen | Marquise Brown | Calvin Ridley | Addison | Claypool | C Jones | Shakir
TE: Sam LaPorta | Strange | Jonnu
2023: 1, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2

DFHustle
Role Player
Role Player

Postby DFHustle » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:19 am

The problem is Zimmer. He is old school and will lose games simply just so he doesn't have to put Diggs on the field because he hasn't "earned" it yet. I wouldn't be surprised to see him on the bench when Johnson comes back. This is the same team that gave Jarius Wright a big contract and signed Wallace to a big contract. Vikes have probably one of the best, if not the best, young NFL passers in this game and they hand the ball off 35 times to AP. I don't trust them.

Zimmer had a press conference that had several Diggs questions and he even said he wanted to keep Diggs humble. That, to me, means he'll bench him until another injury happens. This is the ludicrous nature of 1/2 of the NFL coaches, Zimmer, Caldwell, Arians, etc. They won't let their best players play because they haven't "earned" it yet, whatever that means.

I own Diggs and have for several weeks and would love to see his role stay where it is, but I just don't trust Zimmer to utilize his playmakers properly.

failblazer
All Pro
All Pro

Postby failblazer » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:38 am

DFHustle wrote:The problem is Zimmer. He is old school and will lose games simply just so he doesn't have to put Diggs on the field because he hasn't "earned" it yet. I wouldn't be surprised to see him on the bench when Johnson comes back. This is the same team that gave Jarius Wright a big contract and signed Wallace to a big contract. Vikes have probably one of the best, if not the best, young NFL passers in this game and they hand the ball off 35 times to AP. I don't trust them.

Zimmer had a press conference that had several Diggs questions and he even said he wanted to keep Diggs humble. That, to me, means he'll bench him until another injury happens. This is the ludicrous nature of 1/2 of the NFL coaches, Zimmer, Caldwell, Arians, etc. They won't let their best players play because they haven't "earned" it yet, whatever that means.

I own Diggs and have for several weeks and would love to see his role stay where it is, but I just don't trust Zimmer to utilize his playmakers properly.
Sorry but giving the ball to AP is their best chance to win games. I like Bridgewater, I think he'll be a good starter going forward but he's a 22 year old. He will take time to develop and the best thing they can do is support him with a good running game and put him in a position to win, rather than making him throw it 50 times a game without much of a receiving corps.
16 Team PPR (11th Year Dynasty - Former 2 Time Champion)
P. Mahomes, Z. Wilson
C. McCaffrey, N. Harris, C. Hubbard
D. Hopkins, A. Cooper, C. Kupp, D. Johnson, G. Davis, D. Mims, J. Palmer
D. Waller, C. Kmet, B. Jordan

C. Young, R. Quinn
D. Leonard, M. Milano, C. Mosely, B. Okereke, J. Davis
J. Simmons, J. Fuller

Picks - 1.01, 2.12, 3.01, 3.15, 4.14

16 Team PPR (10th Year Dynasty - Reigning 5 Time Champion)
A. Rodgers, J. Fields
C. McCaffrey, D. Henry, J. Dobbins, M. Davis
D. Hopkins, D. Adams, C. Kupp, M. Jones, M. Valdes-Scantling, A. Green, T. Johnson, Dy. Brown, G. Pickens, J. Tolbert,
N. Fant, A. Okwugbunam, J. Harris
J. Elliott

D. Lawrence, R. Quinn, T. Hendrickson
R. Smith, B. Okereke, L. Wilson, J. Davis, D. Tranquil, B. Asamoah
J. Simmons, W. Harris

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:46 am

DFHustle wrote:The problem is Zimmer. He is old school and will lose games simply just so he doesn't have to put Diggs on the field because he hasn't "earned" it yet. I wouldn't be surprised to see him on the bench when Johnson comes back. This is the same team that gave Jarius Wright a big contract and signed Wallace to a big contract. Vikes have probably one of the best, if not the best, young NFL passers in this game and they hand the ball off 35 times to AP. I don't trust them.

Zimmer is very stubborn, but I think this past week was very telling. Diggs started opposite Wallace, meaning he jumped Patterson and Wright on the depth chart in one week. So they weren't afraid to reward him.

It will be interesting to see what they do with Johnson back. Diggs could end up playing inside and outside. I could honestly see them favoring Diggs in two-wide sets. It's not like Johnson is some established receiver or something

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:57 am

I think Diggs remains a starter for the forseeable future. I can see Charles Johnson taking over Mike Wallace's role however, so it would be Diggs & Johnson as the primary WRs.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

ajmyk
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ajmyk » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:32 am

He will be worth a 1st by the end of the season like Charles Johnson last year.
Feel confident about this prediction.
1. 14-teamer, .5 PPR, 2 Flex, 16 keepers
QB :Palmer, Bridgewater, RG3
RB : Gurley, Hyde, Yeldon, McKinnon
WR: Dez, Jeffery, Evans, Watkins, Marshall, Diggs, Sharpe
TE : Eifert, ASJ,
IDP : Mosley, Olegtree, Collins &Stuff

2. 12-teamer, standard, 6 PTD, full dynasty
QB: Rodgers, Bortles, Petty
RB : McCoy, Forsett, Spiller, Lewis, KRob, Ridley, Haynes
WR : Julio, AJ Green, Tate, Latimer, Lee
TE : Gronk , Hill, Chandler

ManuManu
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby ManuManu » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:49 am

Regarding the Vikings offense: Bridgewater just isn't playing all that well right now. They'd be dumb to go away from AP. The volume might not be there for Diggs this season, but it will if he continues playing well and if Bridgewater continues to mature as a QB.
Team 1, 10-team 0.5-PPR
QB (1): Richardson, Watson, Purdy
RB (2-3): Walker, Swift, Dobbins, R. White, Mitchell, Gainwell
WR (3-4): Hill, Godwin, Aiyuk, Flowers, N. Collins, Doubs, M. Wilson, Shakir
TE (1-2): McBride, Goedert, Okonkwo

failblazer
All Pro
All Pro

Postby failblazer » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:56 am

ajmyk wrote:He will be worth a 1st by the end of the season like Charles Johnson last year.
I think that's a pretty good prediction.
P. Mahomes, Z. Wilson

C. Young, R. Quinn
J. Simmons, J. Fuller

A. Rodgers, J. Fields
D. Hopkins, D. Adams, C. Kupp, M. Jones, M. Valdes-Scantling, A. Green, T. Johnson, Dy. Brown, G. Pickens, J. Tolbert,
J. Elliott

J. Simmons, W. Harris

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:17 am

ManuManu wrote:Regarding the Vikings offense: Bridgewater just isn't playing all that well right now. They'd be dumb to go away from AP. The volume might not be there for Diggs this season, but it will if he continues playing well and if Bridgewater continues to mature as a QB.
Without coincidence, the Vikings passing attack has been better the past 2 weeks and Diggs has been a huge part of it.

They'll always rely on AP, but he's 30 and not a long term fix anymore for them.

bruiser
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby bruiser » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:32 am

Diggs owner across 5 leagues here. I believe he has around 20 targets over his last two games. That's a good indication that he is what we were hoping for. Not to mention he was making plays vs Aqib Talib in week 5. Not jumping out to say they were big impact plays, but MIN definitely believes he is worth the looks he's getting.

See C Patt's targets for comparison
Just a guy who loves fantasy football - specifically defense.

failblazer
All Pro
All Pro

Postby failblazer » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:36 am

Cameron Giles wrote:
ManuManu wrote:Regarding the Vikings offense: Bridgewater just isn't playing all that well right now. They'd be dumb to go away from AP. The volume might not be there for Diggs this season, but it will if he continues playing well and if Bridgewater continues to mature as a QB.
Without coincidence, the Vikings passing attack has been better the past 2 weeks and Diggs has been a huge part of it.

They'll always rely on AP, but he's 30 and not a long term fix anymore for them.
True but how much of the offense is Bridgewater ready to shoulder? I'd rather they put a little too little on his plate than give him more than he can handle right now. He has a lot of potential but he will still need time to develop into a guy who is the centrepiece of the offense.
P. Mahomes, Z. Wilson

C. Young, R. Quinn
J. Simmons, J. Fuller

A. Rodgers, J. Fields
J. Elliott

J. Simmons, W. Harris

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:59 am

Johnson gas a total of 46 yards receiving in the 3 games he has played in this year...just sayin
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:17 am

failblazer wrote:
Cameron Giles wrote:

True but how much of the offense is Bridgewater ready to shoulder? I'd rather they put a little too little on his plate than give him more than he can handle right now. He has a lot of potential but he will still need time to develop into a guy who is the centrepiece of the offense.
Over time, they'll need to place a decent load on his plate after Peterson leaves. His early chemistry with Diggs is a good sign of that going forward.

DFHustle
Role Player
Role Player

Postby DFHustle » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:48 am

AP does well against bad run defenses, thus propping up his YTD stats, but against the tougher ones he hasn't been that good. He's got like 2.25 ypc last two games(only good run defenses faced so far), if you take out the one big run at Denver(which he was stuffed all day long). If they continue down this path they will end up 8-8 easily(par for Zimmer). They have to change and Zimmer has never shown the ability to change from his normal operating offense. I'd like to be wrong, but I don't think I am.

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:16 pm

failblazer wrote:
ajmyk wrote:He will be worth a 1st by the end of the season like Charles Johnson last year.
I think that's a pretty good prediction.
Not sure any WR on Vikes will be worth a 1st by the end of the year.
That passing game looks very remedial...I know I wouldn't be paying much to get a stake in it
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams