DLF SuperFlex startup!

Given the increase in popularity for SF and 2QB leagues, this forum is intended for topics relating to these formats.
WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Re: DLF SuperFlex startup!

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:19 pm

BuckeyeNation wrote:Keep in mind that by locking up Luck/Wilson, he won't even be drafting his 1st RB/WR/TE until the middle of the 4th round, and he's given up his '17 1st as well. I'm not saying I believe it's wrong to do what he did, but he paid a hefty price to do so.
It may have been a high price, but there's a pretty good chance that Luck will retain that kind of market value for years to come. If he wants to move Luck in the future, he should be able to get high resale value.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

moishetreats
Legend
Legend

Postby moishetreats » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:59 pm

1. Thanks for the replies about the "collusion" being a non-issue. I was clearly off! :oops:

2. Re: Luck and Wilson: I LOVE it. As another poster mentioned, he needs to hit to be competitive this year. But, realistically, he has the single hardest position filled for a decade. He can, essentially, "rebuild" now, taking a couple of years, if he misses on picks, to stack up. Even so, having two stud QBs will cover a couple of other line-up holes. [Sneaky suggestion for you: with your next pick, if another elite QB is available, take him! Even go ahead and stock up on 'em! Believe me -- at some point in the next year or two, you will be able to trade one/some for a load!]

Thanks, as well, for this thread!
10 tms 27 plrs PPR
Start: 2QB 2RB 3WR 2TE 2Flex / best ball

QB: Herbert, Love, Rodgers, G Smith, Stidham, T Taylor, Hall
RB: McCaffrey, Mixon, Pacheco, Montgomery, Z White, Allgeier, Dillon
WR: Hill, St. Brown, Kupp, Allen, Lockett, B Johnson
TE: Kelce, Kmet, Kraft, Okonkwo, Dulcich, Tremble

2024: 2.09, 3.07, 3.08, 3.10, 4.08
2025: 2nd (x2), 4th, 5th (x2)
2026: 1st, 2nd (x2), 3rd, 4th, 5th

12 tms 22 active plyrs. Salary Cap $300 PPR
Start: 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1SF 1Flex / best ball

QB: Love ('24), Rodgers ('24), Stidham ('25), Lock ('25)
RB: Brooks ('27), Wright ('27), Guerendo ('26), Mitchell ('27), Dillon ('24), Rodriguez ('24), Spiller ('24)
WR: G Wilson ('26), AJ Brown ('26), Nabers ('28), Worthy ('28), Polk ('28), Franklin ('28), E Moore ('25), M Thomas ('25), DJ Montgomery ('25)
TE: --
2024 Cap Spent: $201

IR: --
TAXI SQUAD (4 max): Sinnott ('28), All ('28), Schrader ('26), A Reed ('28)

Sou1Ca1iber
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Sou1Ca1iber » Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:41 pm

Yes tanks for the thread guys, I'm having fun comparing it to our superflex draft we did just a few weeks ago. Scoring system is slightly different but still good to see if any players are valued wildly differently.

DaveP
Role Player
Role Player

Postby DaveP » Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:52 pm

I took Josh Gordon at the 4.03 and I feel great! :crazy:

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:11 pm

My Old Man Plan took a hit when Keep Calm And Dynasty pipped Tom Terrific. Still, generally pleased with how things are going so far. A LOT of great players still on the board...
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks

wolfepackage
Role Player
Role Player

Postby wolfepackage » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:16 pm

This draft is awesome. Great spot to follow along. If it was in another spot no one would follow this much. Really enjoying it.

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:21 pm

Incidentally, I'd like to apologize again to Flash. That was a brutal 1-2 punch for our lad.
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:47 pm

Got to admit, as a big Superflex supporter through and through, I sort of wish I had decided to join this league. Enjoying following along, though primarily directly on the league page itself.

Definitely hope Dynasty DeLorean wasn't referring to my comment about Gurley negatively though. Wasn't mean as criticism, rather just surprise. When someone who knows their stuff goes against the grain I support that. Was surprised is all.

Enjoying following along, though I would do so if even in a League page if moved and don't always feel they need to be on the main page. While doing the draft though I can see the rationale. Ongoing discussions, not so much.

Great job on the draft thus far guys. I look forward to following through the end and seeing where teams end up.

flashgordon12
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby flashgordon12 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:50 pm

I know it's only Monday but Dook and DaveP are causing me to drink heavily. Hopefully there's no rules in the bylaws that prevent drinking during the weekdays, I wouldn't want an indefinite suspension!
Flash in the Pan: 12 team PPR (1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1DEF) 25 man rosters

QB- Andrew Luck, Josh Allen
RB- MGIII, Mixon, Cohen, Devonta Freeman
WR- AB, Odell Beckham Jr., Josh Gordon, Tyler Boyd, Marqise Lee, Sutton, MVS
TE- Gronk, Higbee
DEF- Denver

iCantStop
Starter
Starter

Postby iCantStop » Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:44 pm

flashgordon12 wrote:I know it's only Monday but Dook and DaveP are causing me to drink heavily. Hopefully there's no rules in the bylaws that prevent drinking during the weekdays, I wouldn't want an indefinite suspension!
Where I come from we look at ya funny if you don't drink during the week.

"I only drink on two days: on my birthday, and not on my birthday "

pokerface40
All Pro
All Pro

Postby pokerface40 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:45 am

hammertoes wrote:I will say that this is the slowest startup I've ever been in. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, everyone is being very thoughtful and deliberate with their picks and the trade market.

Normally guys are just so excited to start the draft the first 3 rounds fly by in like 12 hours. It's been over 24 hours so far and 1.09 is OTC.

***BTW, if you don't like this thread, don't waste your time clicking on it!!!
It seems like the draft is getting even slower now. The decisions are tougher after the first few rounds and like you said everyone is being deliberate. It sucks on a day like today when I had the day off of work and wanted to draft all day. But in the end drafting is one of the funnest things in fantasy so I guess we should be patient and allow each owner to utilize the clock.

On that note I used an hour or so to make my last pick. Was debating between DGB and Moncrief. I went with the higher risk higher reward guy. I am stoked to have him on my roster in a league so I feel good about it.

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:46 am

Have to say...really like the vibe of this league right out of the gate. Seems like we've got not only passionate owners, but some damn fine people on board. The banter has been top tier, too!

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:31 am

DaveP wrote:I took Josh Gordon at the 4.03 and I feel great! :crazy:
I think you and flashgordon are setting yourselves up for success in the draft. I like what you guys have done so far.

Interesting draft for sure and Brian cornering QB's with Luck/Wilson is a strange startup indeed
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:32 am

Why is that strange? Or do you mean it's uncommon someone would be able to get both? In Superflex it isn't a bad approach...

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:48 am

Yeah I just meant odd to see both on the same team before the middle of round 2
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams