The Tyreek Hill Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Tyreek investigation

Postby cazzie33 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:11 pm

I'm hoping that if proved innocent Tyreek hires the smirking kid in a MAGA hat's lawyer and sues each of you here that propagated unfounded assertions besmirching his character😤

At $250 mil per lawsuit Hill's going to be a billionaire. Which will cause him to retire and ruin all of you Tyreek truthers fantasy hopes & dreams.

All this thread proves is that much like when it comes to politics most reach their conclusion long before getting educated about the facts . Then work backwards to assert how right they are by innuendo and connecting dots that paint the picture they want to see as an outcome. Quoting unsubstantiated accounts as "facts" is like The Donald saying " Some say I'm a very stable genius" or " Some say I scored very high in college". One is pure opinion and the other can be proven

Is Tyreek a changed man or still a POS abusive person? Right now to claim either is purely your opinion. Did he actually injure his child purposely will have to be determined by an investigation. Fact is none of us know and neither does quoted sources from the KC area. There's also always the chance he did but can't be proven so he won't suffer any consequences.

Least likely outcome is he owns up to it if he did do it to intentionally inflict pain on his son. It seems the majority are angry he didn't suffer more for his previous acts. Personally i will reserve judgment until the facts come in. Also whether I agree with his earlier punishment being severe enough I find it far beyond my scope. The circumstances surrounding that case I don't have privy to either. The one involved is still with him so if she's willing to give him a second (third ,fourth??? ) chance who am I to condemn him. The courts adjudicated a punishment that was appropriate in their eyes. Hill lost a lot but in most commenting here it wasn't enough. Differing opinions which i understand but if your or my daughter was the victim what would we say to her about still being with him? Would we want the father of our grandson have his livelihood taken away forever so he would be less able to provide for his child?

Better question is if he were YOUR son would you not want a chance for him to rehabilitate himself ? I could never condone his actions but is a person's character totally defined by his worst moments ? I sure as hell hope not , there's a lot of us in trouble if that's the case. If it turns out he is guilty there will be surely be severe punishments handed out legally & professionally for not learning his lesson. As there should be.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:12 pm

Bot101 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:02 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:48 pm
jman3134 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:41 pm

Lol. What? If he isn't named on the report.....

If the wife did something I would agree this impacts his contract situation. But, I think there is a lot of confusion about the details here. Typical twitter jumping the gun. If he is named and there is suspicion, I side with you guys. Just hate public social media convictions based on speculation.
They are supposedly investigating it because he broke the kids arm with a punch. He is named on one report. He's being investigated. There is clearly a reason why, though we may not have that info. It's not the wife that's being investigated, to my knowledge. It's Hill. All the news outlets in KC showed the police reports, too. They are saying it's Hill who's being investigated. Regardless of the names on the reports (in which his name is on one).

I firmly agree about the social media thing. It's supposedly fact that Todd Gurley has arthritis, based on one tweet, by a guy who had an unnamed source.
Where are you reading that Hill punched his son?
https://www.kansascity.com/opinion/edit ... 14084.html

Not sure if it was a punch, that's assumed, but it has been written by ProFootballTalk and a few others.

"The Star reported that the Overland Park Police Department is investigating a battery incident involving Hill. A child is listed as the victim.

Hill had not been charged with a crime as of Friday afternoon.

Hill’s fiancee, Crystal Espinal, is listed under “others involved.” A source familiar with the investigation told The Star that the victim is Hill’s son with Espinal, and that his arm was broken in the incident. Espinal is pregnant with twins."

This is the main cause of concern. That first a police report was filed over it, and it's now being investigated. Hill has a history, and she was listed as "others involved". So he is being investigated. Sad. Either way, it appears one of the parents has abused this child to the severity of a broken arm.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:23 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:12 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:48 pm

They are supposedly investigating it because he broke the kids arm with a punch. He is named on one report. He's being investigated. There is clearly a reason why, though we may not have that info. It's not the wife that's being investigated, to my knowledge. It's Hill. All the news outlets in KC showed the police reports, too. They are saying it's Hill who's being investigated. Regardless of the names on the reports (in which his name is on one).

I firmly agree about the social media thing. It's supposedly fact that Todd Gurley has arthritis, based on one tweet, by a guy who had an unnamed source.

Not sure if it was a punch, that's assumed, but it has been written by ProFootballTalk and a few others.

"The Star reported that the Overland Park Police Department is investigating a battery incident involving Hill. A child is listed as the victim.

Hill’s fiancee, Crystal Espinal, is listed under “others involved.” A source familiar with the investigation told The Star that the victim is Hill’s son with Espinal, and that his arm was broken in the incident. Espinal is pregnant with twins."

This is the main cause of concern. That first a police report was filed over it, and it's now being investigated. Hill has a history, and she was listed as "others involved". So he is being investigated. Sad. Either way, it appears one of the parents has abused this child to the severity of a broken arm.
Did you even go read that "source" ?

Has no witness , no quote from anyone near the people involved... Pure opinion that "if" true the Chiefs must part ways with Hill. No Duh 😳

Great journalism🤦

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:41 pm

cazzie33 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:23 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:12 pm

Did you even go read that "source" ?

Has no witness , no quote from anyone near the people involved... Pure opinion that "if" true the Chiefs must part ways with Hill. No Duh 😳

Great journalism🤦
That's the opinion of the writer, that they must part with Hill, yes. The "source" is most likely someone in, or close to the police department. They don't name sources, or they wouldn't get the information. Kansas City papers/news outlets would have ties with that, just like any other major city.

I don't think it's too difficult to realize that there is the distinct possibility he will be charged with something in this incident. A 3 year olds arm was broken, and a police report was filed. With his history, it's not too hard to imagine he may have been the factor behind that broken arm. FF aside, I hope that child gets taken away from him/them if they are the ones behind it. With his history, if it turns out he hurt this child, I would hope he's taken away from the guy. If Hill did nothing, then he deserves no blame, but I have my doubts.
Janiel Dones Truther

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:27 pm

The Kansas City Star is the largest local print news publication and is generally highly respected. If it’s in the star, there’s weight behind it.

Edit: the early referenced article was an opinion piece but the facts referenced are from an earlier Star article found here: https://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/k ... 83684.html
Last edited by jcc6fd on Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:41 pm

cazzie33 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:11 pm I'm hoping that if proved innocent Tyreek hires the smirking kid in a MAGA hat's lawyer and sues each of you here that propagated unfounded assertions besmirching his character😤

At $250 mil per lawsuit Hill's going to be a billionaire. Which will cause him to retire and ruin all of you Tyreek truthers fantasy hopes & dreams.

All this thread proves is that much like when it comes to politics most reach their conclusion long before getting educated about the facts . Then work backwards to assert how right they are by innuendo and connecting dots that paint the picture they want to see as an outcome. Quoting unsubstantiated accounts as "facts" is like The Donald saying " Some say I'm a very stable genius" or " Some say I scored very high in college". One is pure opinion and the other can be proven

Is Tyreek a changed man or still a POS abusive person? Right now to claim either is purely your opinion. Did he actually injure his child purposely will have to be determined by an investigation. Fact is none of us know and neither does quoted sources from the KC area. There's also always the chance he did but can't be proven so he won't suffer any consequences.

Least likely outcome is he owns up to it if he did do it to intentionally inflict pain on his son. It seems the majority are angry he didn't suffer more for his previous acts. Personally i will reserve judgment until the facts come in. Also whether I agree with his earlier punishment being severe enough I find it far beyond my scope. The circumstances surrounding that case I don't have privy to either. The one involved is still with him so if she's willing to give him a second (third ,fourth??? ) chance who am I to condemn him. The courts adjudicated a punishment that was appropriate in their eyes. Hill lost a lot but in most commenting here it wasn't enough. Differing opinions which i understand but if your or my daughter was the victim what would we say to her about still being with him? Would we want the father of our grandson have his livelihood taken away forever so he would be less able to provide for his child?

Better question is if he were YOUR son would you not want a chance for him to rehabilitate himself ? I could never condone his actions but is a person's character totally defined by his worst moments ? I sure as hell hope not , there's a lot of us in trouble if that's the case. If it turns out he is guilty there will be surely be severe punishments handed out legally & professionally for not learning his lesson. As there should be.
To a point, yes. I mean, there are levels here. There are certain lines that need to be drawn. Would you say that about Ted Bundy? Hill is not Ted Bundy, but he's also not a guy who yelled at his GF because he was mad. Maybe that's an extreme example, because of the clear pre thought out nature of it, but how about someone who murders someone else in a fit of rage? Where is the line drawn on where we define someone by their worst moment?

Hill beat the piss out of his GF while she was pregnant. Keeping within a football comparison, Jonnu Smith had boiling water thrown on him by an angry GF. To this day, he never beat anyone, to my knowledge. Of course we don't define people by their worst moments, but some people's worst moments are a lot worse than others. (I realize that last sentence was awkward)

It's difficult, and we all have bad moments, but when physical violence without self defence is brought into it, it does somewhat change the value system. I think to a point, you have to be accountable for what you do. I mean, to me personally, beating a woman carrying a child, unless she is causing a serious threat to my life, is inexcusable. That's my opinion. I would not roster said football player on my FF team, because I like to cheer for the players I roster, and can't feel good about that knowing this is what that person did. It crosses my personal threshold of acceptance. I don't expect everyone to share it, but the reality is, we all have different values, and levels of acceptance on people's actions.
Last edited by FantasyFreak on Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Janiel Dones Truther

vix_trader
Rookie
Rookie

Postby vix_trader » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:52 pm

For what it's worth I follow Tyreek Hill on Snapchat and he posted a video last night of his (presumed) son dancing and laughing. Don't know for sure if it's the same child in question but he looked about 3 years old.

Whole situation is really weird. Child abuse is terrible on all levels and all ages but I feel like you'd have to have serious serious mental issues to purposely break a three year old's arm.

It feels like Twitter speculation but if he's somehow involved with breaking his kids arm I hope he rots in prison for a long time.
12 Team Standard Scoring.
1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1 Flex, TE, D/ST, K.

QB: L. Jackson, Winston

RB: N. Chubb, J. Jacobs, CEH, Deandre Swift,

WR: Tyreek Hill, D.J.Moore, D.J. Chark, Elijah Moore, Devonta Smith, Hollywood

TE: T.J. Hockenson, Pitts, Dan Arnold

2022 Rookie Draft - 1, 1, 1, 4

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:55 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:41 pm
cazzie33 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:11 pm I'm hoping that if proved innocent Tyreek hires the smirking kid in a MAGA hat's lawyer and sues each of you here that propagated unfounded assertions besmirching his character😤

To a point, yes. I mean, there are levels here. There are certain lines that need to be drawn. Would you say that about Ted Bundy? Hill is not Ted Bundy, but he's also not a guy who yelled at his GF because he was mad. Maybe that's an extreme example, because of the clear pre thought out nature of it, but how about someone who murders someone else in a fit of rage? Where is the line drawn on where we define someone by their worst moment?

Hill beat the piss out of his GF while she was pregnant. Keeping within a football comparison, Jonnu Smith had boiling water thrown on him by an angry GF. To this day, he never beat anyone, to my knowledge. Of course we don't define people by their worst moments, but some people's worst moments, are a lot worse than others. (I realize that last sentence was awkward)

It's difficult, and we all have bad moments, but when physical violence without self defence is brought into it, it does somewhat change the value system. I think to a point, you have to be accountable for what you do. I mean, to me personally, beating a woman carrying a child, unless she is causing a serious threat to my life, is inexcusable. That's my opinion. I would not roster said football player on my FF team, because I like to cheer for the players I roster, and can't feel good about that knowing this is what that person did. It crosses my personal threshold of acceptance. I don't expect everyone to share it, but the reality is, we all have different values, and levels of acceptance on people's actions.
[grammar nerd]Just get rid of the comma after “moments” and it’s not awkward at all.[/grammar nerd]
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:59 pm

M-Dub wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:55 pm

Hill beat the piss out of his GF while she was pregnant. Keeping within a football comparison, Jonnu Smith had boiling water thrown on him by an angry GF. To this day, he never beat anyone, to my knowledge. Of course we don't define people by their worst moments, but some people's worst moments, are a lot worse than others. (I realize that last sentence was awkward)

[grammar nerd]Just get rid of the comma after “moments” and it’s not awkward at all.[/grammar nerd]
Yeah, that's an oversight LOL. Good to have proof readers. I'm also half drunk, which never helps my grammar.
Janiel Dones Truther

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:34 pm

Public opinion isn't a court of law. People rarely wait until there is undeniable evidence of something to form an opinion on it, and a person's past weighs heavily into this kind of thing.

When a guy who has a horrific past of the most horrific domestic violence imaginable, it's not unreasonable for people to jump to conclusions when he ends up under investigation for domestic violence.

If a news story popped up that OJ Simpson was under investigation for murdering someone, would you be more or less likely to think he probably did it than if it were some random person instead? And OJ wasn't even convicted of the original murder.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:45 pm

I hate to go grammar nerd twice in one night, but *murders (plural). OJ killed TWO people.
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0

Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hottoddies » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:57 pm

M-Dub wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:45 pm I hate to go grammar nerd twice in one night, but *murders (plural). OJ killed TWO people.
:lol: Good catch! So should I consider O.J. a roster clogger by now. He's killing me.
"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers." - Socrates

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:59 pm

Hottoddies wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:57 pm
M-Dub wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:45 pm I hate to go grammar nerd twice in one night, but *murders (plural). OJ killed TWO people.
:lol: Good catch! So should I consider O.J. a roster clogger by now. He's killing me.
Ba-dum! Tssssss.
Janiel Dones Truther

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:10 am

Hill beat the piss out of his GF while she was pregnant. Keeping within a football comparison, Jonnu Smith had boiling water thrown on him by an angry GF. To this day, he never beat anyone, to my knowledge. Of course we don't define people by their worst moments, but some people's worst moments are a lot worse than others. (I realize that last sentence was awkward)

I agree with this.

I knew that he had punched and grabbed his pregnant girlfriend by the neck and thrown her to the ground, but what I just went back and read paints a worse picture than I thought.

“But Hill’s case was startling. According to a Stillwater Police Department arrest report, his girlfriend at the time, Crystal Espinal, showed up in an emergency room with cuts and bruises on her face and neck. (The officer who filed the report noted that her lip was busted, that she was wincing with pain and that the mark under her eye was turning purple as she spoke.) Espinal, who was eight weeks pregnant at the time, said Hill had grabbed her neck with his hands, pinned her against the wall and then thrown her to the ground like a “rag doll.” She told an officer that Hill had picked her up by her hair and put her in a headlock. After Espinal had screamed “I can’t breathe” several times, she alleged, he released her, then sat on top of her, punching her in the stomach.
During her interviews, Espinal told the police that Hill had a “volatile temper” and had been physical with her before, but had never hit her — “just a lot of manhandling,” she said.”
https://www.google.com/amp/s/theundefea ... ccess/amp/

Man...to throw down your quite pregnant girlfriend, then drag her back up by her hair, choke her, then sit on her and punch what would have been an obviously showing pregnant belly? That’s not just a temper with a thrown punch. That’s just continuing to beat on a helpless person. It’s beyond impulse control there. And to then sit on a choked out girl you presumably care about...and hit the stomach...it’s not like he wasn’t in control of the aim of that punch.

After going back and reading that in more detail I’ve decided I don’t want to own him anywhere anymore.

We don’t know what happened with this incident. It could have not even involved Hill directly. It could have been him that caused the fracture, but by complete accident and in a non-violent manner. His kid could have been refusing to go to bed, running away, and Hill grabbed him by the arm. Hill pulling him back while the kid wrenches his body weight tonget away and oops too much rotational force on that greenstick. We’ve got a spiral fracture. The doctor sees a spiral fracture and reports it as something to be investigated as best interest for the kid. That could and does happen to many parents.

I’m not going to judge THIS situation because we don’t know. Unfortunately if there’s no cooperation (millions in money is a powerful incentive) the investigators may not know either. Child abuse investigations fail for simply threat of further abuse. Threat of further abuse AND loss of tens of millions...I think there’s a good chance that even if there WAS foul play, they won’t be able to prove it...and we don’t even know that abuse took place. I am presuming the absence of quick denial of being present means he WAS present, but we don’t even know that, do we?

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:16 am

Sorry to anyone who doesn't want to rush to judgement , I kind of get it, its how it should be, we should be patient but this scumbag doesn't get the benefit of the doubt. All of this screams a typical DV case. If you know about Domestic Violence EVERYTHING about this case is typical. Someone calls police or reports about a kid, the non abuser (In this case Spinal) covers it up for multiple reasons (they are scared, they wont be financially supported, they actually think the guy will change, etc etc) cops cant prove anything without video and case gets dropped. I don't care if his name isn't on the report, that doesn't mean a damn thing in these cases. Cops could have been called and when they got there Spinal covered for him, it is unfortunately what many victims of DV do until they have the strength to leave. This guy should have never been in the league to begin with, then he becomes a huge star without having to pay any consequences, there is no possible way he "changed"