The Official Brock Purdy Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Tvols
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: The Official Brock Purdy Thread

Postby Tvols » Sun Oct 15, 2023 7:48 pm

So hurts threw 3 ints today , and let his team lose to z Wilson and the nets def, hurst sucks he isn’t the answer
16 teamer
QB T Law, R Wilson
rb- Mixon,pollard, J Hill, conner,
WR-Chase,Lamb,T Hill, R Bateman, C sutton, boyd
Te Kelce, Waller, Fant,Evertt,
1qb,2-3rb,3-5wr,1-2 TE
Full IDP

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Oct 15, 2023 8:00 pm

Tvols wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 7:48 pm So hurts threw 3 ints today , and let his team lose to z Wilson and the nets def, hurst sucks he isn’t the answer
He was awful today. No doubt about it.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

mgscott
Starter
Starter

Postby mgscott » Sun Oct 15, 2023 8:11 pm

Tvols wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 7:48 pm So hurts threw 3 ints today , and let his team lose to z Wilson and the nets def, hurst sucks he isn’t the answer
Hurts had likely his worst start of his career, but still had a much better game than Purdy. Not even much of a comparison.

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Sun Oct 15, 2023 8:24 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 7:12 pm
Valhalla wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 7:33 am
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 7:09 am He’s on pace to throw 30-31 tds. I don’t think that’s gonna get it done for an mvp vote but who knows. The team would have to just about go undefeated for him to get it with those stats I think.
Well...if we're going on that...then he's on pace for undefeated, 30-31 TDs, 0 INTs, a 123.1 Rating, 72.1 completion percentage at a pretty stellar 9.4 yards per attempt, about 7 rushing TDs...
aside from the total TD numbers (which you mentioned) every other stat there is supportive of an MVP season. So I think it's unfair to say "with those stats," as if his stats are sub-par.
His stats are only "lacking" of MVP caliber through a fantasy lens, where we don't care as much about completion percentage and yards per attempt, but just total yards and TDs.
What’s the better assumption. That he will continue in his 30td pace or his 0 INT pace. Purdy isn’t here, we dont have to worry about being fair to him or hurting his feelings. Just some real talk based on common sense.
I don't know... We've got the real Kurt Rambis, so who's to say Purdy isn't a lurker! 8-)

He was bad today. And it would appear the Brown's defense at least, is pretty darn solid.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

brward
Rookie
Rookie

Postby brward » Sun Oct 15, 2023 8:52 pm

Meh Brock had a bad game against a really good defense, playing in the rain, and losing two of his better weapons. It happens. I think the MVP talk was overblown but people pointing to one bad and saying ‘I told you so’ is also an overreaction. 2nd year 7th round pick Brock is at worst an above average QB with room to grow. Remember he still hasn’t had a full off season with starter reps.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Oct 15, 2023 8:54 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 8:00 pm
He was awful today. No doubt about it.
Not the first Top 5 dynasty QB that this Jets defense has made look pretty average in 2023. At least Hurts got home for Fantasy, Allen didn't even manage that in Week 1.

It's a real shame A-Rod didn't last longer than a series... this team would have been right in the AFC mix otherwise.

Credit to Purdy: for all the crap people are now giving him, he got his Special Teams unit in a position to win the game. Can't really ask for better than that against possibly the best defense in the league right now.

Nearly a credit to Hurts. They had that game won, they just had to take the air out of the ball and play possession at the end there - something he is normally *very* good at doing. Very foolish decision on that final INT by him, no doubt.

Forza_Azzurri
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Sun Oct 15, 2023 9:06 pm

I think people are missing the point with Purdy. Yes, Hurts had a horrible game today, just like Josh Allen had a horrible game in Week 1 vs. the Jets. But both of those guys have shown the ability to carry their teams to victory is adverse conditions. Purdy hasn’t shown that yet. Even though he only threw one int today, Purdy looked completely outmatched without Deebo & CMC.

trc
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby trc » Sun Oct 15, 2023 10:18 pm

Forza_Azzurri wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 9:06 pm I think people are missing the point with Purdy. Yes, Hurts had a horrible game today, just like Josh Allen had a horrible game in Week 1 vs. the Jets. But both of those guys have shown the ability to carry their teams to victory is adverse conditions. Purdy hasn’t shown that yet. Even though he only threw one int today, Purdy looked completely outmatched without Deebo & CMC.
Did you see the ending of the game?
Should Purdy also kick the FG before you are satisfied?

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Mon Oct 16, 2023 2:30 am

trc wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 10:18 pm
Forza_Azzurri wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 9:06 pm I think people are missing the point with Purdy. Yes, Hurts had a horrible game today, just like Josh Allen had a horrible game in Week 1 vs. the Jets. But both of those guys have shown the ability to carry their teams to victory is adverse conditions. Purdy hasn’t shown that yet. Even though he only threw one int today, Purdy looked completely outmatched without Deebo & CMC.
:lol:

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Mon Oct 16, 2023 4:17 am

killer_of_giants wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 2:30 am
:lol:
I’ll be satisfied when he moon walk kicks the FG, puts enough arc on it for him to sprint down the field, leap, and alley-oop style dunk the football through the uprights. Until then, Purdy hasn’t shown me much yet. Just a product of the system.

Forza_Azzurri
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Mon Oct 16, 2023 5:47 am

Seriously?? He threw a short pass to Aiyuk who ran the ball into FG range thanks to terrible tackling on that play.

mgscott
Starter
Starter

Postby mgscott » Mon Oct 16, 2023 6:01 am

Forza_Azzurri wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 5:47 am
Seriously?? He threw a short pass to Aiyuk who ran the ball into FG range thanks to terrible tackling on that play.
He also threw a near pick earlier in the "drive".

Ruggenater
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Ruggenater » Mon Oct 16, 2023 6:04 am

To the main point here, prior to this game, Purdy had only played something like 9 snaps while trailing. He of course contributed to the 49ers leading the games he’s played, but among what separates the elite QB options is their ability to not fold under pressure. Purdy hadn’t had the opportunity to show that yet, so it remains a question. Yesterday’s game starts to tilt that view one way, but he’ll certainly have more opportunities in the future. If the book was written after the first loss in a one score game, there might not be any elite QBs.
12 Team Superflex - PPR, 0.25 PPC - QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex/Superflex
QB: L Jackson, Tagovailoa, Rodgers,l
RB: Pacheco, Spears, Ray Davis, Hubbard, Khalil Herbert, McLaughlin, Ty Chandler, Miles Sanders
WR: DeVonta, Waddle, Aiyuk, Nacua, Rashee, Keon Coleman, Pearsall, Hopkins, M Williams, Mingo, Wan’Dale, McCaffrey
TE: Kelce, Okonkwo

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Mon Oct 16, 2023 6:12 am

That Browns defense is scary. This 49ers team highly depends on its playmakers to make plays. It's two best playmakers left the game injured. Purdy had an off day.

I was slow on Purdy because he just doesn't have the physical traits that stand out. I saw this early on a few times and even after yesterday, but I think a weaker armed Kirk Cousins is a pretty good comparison for Purdy. Not a knock at all, although those of you who think Purdy is already a first ballot Hall of Famer might think so. Cousins has been a top 10-12 QB in the league for a long time, with multiple different situations and two teams.

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Mon Oct 16, 2023 6:12 am

Purdy had an off game against one of the best defenses in the NFL while losing CMC and deebo.

I think it's far more likely that is occured because I chose to start him finally in one of my leagues than him not being a quality NFL QB.
Tm 1
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler, T tracey
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert, T johnson
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Tm 2
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 TE), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: Murray, Watson, Maye, McCarthy, R Wilson, howell
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus, Moss, Zeke,