James Robinson

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
CGW
Legend
Legend

Re: Is James Robinson a dynasty buy?

Postby CGW » Thu May 06, 2021 9:51 am

JTLoh wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 9:33 am So I just traded ARob for J.Robison.

I have J.Jefferson, CeeDee, Pittman, already and only have/had Antonio Gibson and Josh Jacobs as decent RBs.
Clearly this makes my team more well rounded. Of course, J.Robinson could end up being worthless if ETN is huge.

But is he totally? Could be traded. ETN could be slow to develop. I mean James Robinson had a really good year for an undrafted rookie.
And he is young. Surely, he is going to get another shot somewhere at some point, no?

What's your thoughts. You buying James Robinson or is he dead to you?
He will have a role. It would be silly to think otherwise just because ETN was drafted. Very few teams ride one RB. Moving to a 17 game schedule, this will continue to be the trend. Odds are, this is an RBBC and will hurt the ceilings of both players. I've seen comparisons to Cleveland's duo, Chubb and Hunt, although I think the Cleveland situation and talent is immeasurably better than Jax. Also, etn will be the fantasy "guy" sooner than later in this duo.

As far as a trade, it's doubtful. Real NFL isn't the same as fantasy. The value of having a quality stable of capable RBs is worth more than any team is going to pay, especially for an UDFA. This guy costs Jacksonville pennies on his rookie contract...they will be retaining his services for his contract term of three years, barring injury.
Last edited by CGW on Thu May 06, 2021 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

JTLoh
Role Player
Role Player

Postby JTLoh » Thu May 06, 2021 9:52 am

Sure, in a vacuum I'd rather have ETN than Robinson right now.
But nothing is for sure. If James Robinson played for the Chiefs he would have replaced CEH by week 3.
Everyone loves ETN just as they did CEH. But nothing is for sure till you see it.

But I digress, this isn't would you rather have ETN or JRob. It's would you buy JRob at a decent price?
CONTENTION 2
QB - D.Prescott, J.Hurts
RB - J.Jacobs, C-Patt, JRob, BRob, D.Pierce, TDP, H.Haskins
WR - Ceedee, J.Jefferson, JuJu, A.Pierce, Meyers, NWI
TE - M.Andrews, Brevin, J.Woods, L.Thomas
Defense: Cowboys/Viks

CELEBRITY DEATHMATCH
QB - Mahomes, Cousins, Love, Mond, Rush, M.White, Strong
RB - C-Patt, Singletary, K.Herbert, Foreman, Hubbard, Lindsay
WR - Lockett, Hollywood, OBJ, Golladay, AJG, Hardman, Meyers, Osborn, ISM
TE - Kelsey, Ertz, G.Everett, Bryant
Taxi - BRob, TDP, Ingram, A.Smith, K.Phillips, Metchie, Shakir, Tolbert, Thorton, J.Woods, S.Thompson

ALL THE MARBLES
QB - TB12, J.Hurts, Stafford
RB - Ekeler, Zeke, C-Patt, Mack, Rhamondre, BRob, R.White, Foreman
WR - AJ Brown, London, Watson, A.Pierce, Burks, OBJ, Golladay, Amon-Ra, Marshall
TE - Gronk, T.Higbee, D.Arnold, Ebron
Defense: Bills/Saints

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Thu May 06, 2021 9:55 am

Can't say I see that trade being a good one for you, and I own both guys. Give me the WR1 over an undrafted RB that probably just lost his job.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Thu May 06, 2021 9:57 am

This is the risk with UDFA's, especially with a new coach coming in. I am sure Urban sees a specific skill in TE that he doesn't feel Robinson has. My assumption is by the end of the season it will be about a 75/25 leaning TE's direction.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Thu May 06, 2021 9:59 am

dynastyninja wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 9:55 am Can't say I see that trade being a good one for you, and I own both guys. Give me the WR1 over an undrafted RB that probably just lost his job.
Exactly. Short and to the point! :thumbup:
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Thu May 06, 2021 10:01 am

JTLoh wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 9:52 am Sure, in a vacuum I'd rather have ETN than Robinson right now.
But nothing is for sure. If James Robinson played for the Chiefs he would have replaced CEH by week 3.
Everyone loves ETN just as they did CEH. But nothing is for sure till you see it.

But I digress, this isn't would you rather have ETN or JRob. It's would you buy JRob at a decent price?
Can't say I agree with your assessment of CEH. Jrob was largely successful because he had Zero competition for touches and jacksonville actually used the RB position. The chiefs largely ignored the run all season. Actually the two put up very similar metrics when you look at averages. CEH, 4.4ypc, 8.3ypr and JR 4.5ypc, 7.0ypr. The difference is almost entirely just usage.

To answer your question, yes JR is a buy low. Albeit a risky one, as buy lows usually are.

JTLoh
Role Player
Role Player

Postby JTLoh » Thu May 06, 2021 10:03 am

I do agree that a trade is unlikely this year (Most teams want 2 backs.), but after next, they'll want to trade him before he becomes FA.
Point was, there are a lot of factors.
ARob will be 28 when the season starts. JRob 23.
I was deep at WR, short at RB.
Probably trying to convince myself here, but I'd pay ARob for JRob all day and twice on Sunday right now.
In fact, gonna go put in some offers in other leagues as well. Nothing crazy, but you buy low, sell high, right?
CONTENTION 2
QB - D.Prescott, J.Hurts

CELEBRITY DEATHMATCH
Taxi - BRob, TDP, Ingram, A.Smith, K.Phillips, Metchie, Shakir, Tolbert, Thorton, J.Woods, S.Thompson

ALL THE MARBLES
WR - AJ Brown, London, Watson, A.Pierce, Burks, OBJ, Golladay, Amon-Ra, Marshall

JTLoh
Role Player
Role Player

Postby JTLoh » Thu May 06, 2021 10:05 am

CGW wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 10:01 am Can't say I agree with your assessment of CEH. Jrob was largely successful because he had Zero competition for touches and jacksonville actually used the RB position. The chiefs largely ignored the run all season. Actually the two put up very similar metrics when you look at averages. CEH, 4.4ypc, 8.3ypr and JR 4.5ypc, 7.0ypr. The difference is almost entirely just usage.
I'd counter that nobody is stacking the box vs Mahomes and JRob probably faced 9 man boxes. :lol:
CONTENTION 2
QB - D.Prescott, J.Hurts

CELEBRITY DEATHMATCH

ALL THE MARBLES

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Thu May 06, 2021 10:11 am

JTLoh wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 10:05 am
CGW wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 10:01 am Can't say I agree with your assessment of CEH. Jrob was largely successful because he had Zero competition for touches and jacksonville actually used the RB position. The chiefs largely ignored the run all season. Actually the two put up very similar metrics when you look at averages. CEH, 4.4ypc, 8.3ypr and JR 4.5ypc, 7.0ypr. The difference is almost entirely just usage.
I'd counter that nobody is stacking the box vs Mahomes and JRob probably faced 9 man boxes. :lol:
Jax was down multiple scores in almost every game. He faced the 41st average number of defenders in the box + 23rd fewest stacked fronts.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Thu May 06, 2021 10:15 am

Also.. that's an absolutely insane trade to me.

CHI just drafted Justin Fields and AROB has been a consistent top 12 producer almost his entire career. JAX just drafted a 1st round RB. The team wants ETN to be the guy (regardless of whatever Meyers says) and he will get 1st, 2nd, and 3rd chances to earn that role over Robinson.

Expecting Robinson to overtake him is an incredible amount of disrespect for ETN's prospect profile and/or an overestimation for what Robinson accomplished last season.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Thu May 06, 2021 10:20 am

JTLoh wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 10:03 am .
Probably trying to convince myself here, but I'd pay ARob for JRob all day and twice on Sunday right now.
In fact, gonna go put in some offers in other leagues as well. Nothing crazy, but you buy low, sell high, right?
The problem is you sold low and bought high.......
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Thu May 06, 2021 10:23 am

murphysxm wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 10:20 am
JTLoh wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 10:03 am .
The problem is you sold low and bought high.......
This is a good assessment.

Buying low on Jrob would be buying for mid to late 2nds. Arob should be worth quite a bit more unless its a non PPR.

yellowdart2448
Starter
Starter

Postby yellowdart2448 » Thu May 06, 2021 10:36 am

As an owner of JRob in three of my five dynasty leagues, I can say that the Jags taking a RB on Thursday night made me cry a little. JRob doesn't have the draft capital for Jacksonville to have to commit to him. Now I think they made a terrible franchise choice to draft an RB round 1 when they already had one but now that it's happened, my JRob shares are worthless. I would NEVER give up ARob for him. It's insane to think they are even close now.

JTLoh
Role Player
Role Player

Postby JTLoh » Thu May 06, 2021 10:47 am

Man, I really think you guys are delusional. ARob's only value is from getting 150 targets a year. Otherwise he SUCKS. He is also a dick. Let Fields over throw him a few times and they'll me making meme's again. Chicago doesn't want to be targeting him 150 times a game. That will change sooner rather that later. Maybe not 2021 but by 2022 ARob is else where, not getting 150 targets or Bears have a better #2 option and ARob isn't getting 150 targets. I have Robby Anderson and ARob on the same team and ARob only scored 30 more points than Robby. I'm telling you all now, if the people in your leagues value ARob as much as you all do here and you own him, SELL, SELL, SELL!
CONTENTION 2
QB - D.Prescott, J.Hurts

CELEBRITY DEATHMATCH

ALL THE MARBLES

thunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby thunderTung » Thu May 06, 2021 10:56 am

JTLoh wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 10:47 am Man, I really think you guys are delusional. ARob's only value is from getting 150 targets a year. Otherwise he SUCKS. He is also a dick. Let Fields over throw him a few times and they'll me making meme's again. Chicago doesn't want to be targeting him 150 times a game. That will change sooner rather that later. Maybe not 2021 but by 2022 ARob is else where, not getting 150 targets or Bears have a better #2 option and ARob isn't getting 150 targets. I have Robby Anderson and ARob on the same team and ARob only scored 30 more points than Robby. I'm telling you all now, if the people in your leagues value ARob as much as you all do here and you own him, SELL, SELL, SELL!
Cool, sell him, just make sure you get more for him than you did
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

QB(1): Drake Maye
RB(2): ETN/Walker III
WR(2): Chase/Lamb
TE(1): Schultz
FLEX(2): Stevenson/DK
K: Mcpherson
DL(2): T. Walker/Vea
LB(2): D. Long/TJ Edwards
DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
FLEX: Kenneth Murray