Beastmode

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Pilate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Pilate » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:33 am

Shawn1204 wrote:I give Kudos to Dan here, the fact is a new coach will be there next season, which could be in love with Lynch for all we know 8-) , Lynch needs to be benched for the rest of this year, but next year could be different depending on who's in charge and calling the shots.
ImageImage

:D

----------------
Now playing: John Rich - The Good Lord And The Man

princevincexoxo

Postby princevincexoxo » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:38 am

Pilate wrote:
Shawn1204 wrote:I give Kudos to Dan here, the fact is a new coach will be there next season, which could be in love with Lynch for all we know 8-) , Lynch needs to be benched for the rest of this year, but next year could be different depending on who's in charge and calling the shots.
ImageImage

----------------

:lol: :shock:

Shawn
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Shawn » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:44 am

Pilate wrote:
ImageImage

----------------
I'll give you Kudos too, once you start listening to Bloc Party Again, and not all of this COUNTRY :lol: Is Bloc Party the band of the decade? I vote YES, and I'm not even kidding! Those that vote for Coldplay seem to forget the Joe Satriani plagiarism :D
“I had a couple of drinks. I started in 1970 and finished in 1985. It was a very big drink.” - Alice Cooper
“I’m sick to death of people saying we’ve made 11 albums that sound exactly the same. In fact, we’ve made 12 albums that sound exactly the same.” - Angus Young of AC/DC
"Every album Van Halen did was actually an Eddie solo album" - Eddie Van Halen
"Don't hate me because I'm fabulous" - Prince

Pilate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Pilate » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:54 am

Shawn1204 wrote:
Pilate wrote:
ImageImage

----------------
I'll give you Kudos too, once you start listening to Bloc Party Again, and not all of this COUNTRY :lol: Is Bloc Party the band of the decade? I vote YES, and I'm not even kidding! Those that vote for Coldplay seem to forget the Joe Satriani plagiarism :D
I forgot!! A Bloc Party fan!!! So sorry my brother...you ever heard of these guys?? Check em out if not...

----------------
Now playing: The Stills - Hands on Fire

Shawn
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Shawn » Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:01 am

Pilate wrote:
Shawn1204 wrote:
Pilate wrote: ImageImage

----------------
I forgot!! A Bloc Party fan!!! So sorry my brother...you ever heard of these guys?? Check em out if not...

----------------
I'll check them out too, thanks Nate!
Top 5 Bloc Party Songs:

1. Song for Clay - Disappear Here
2. Flux
3. On
4. Helicopter
5. Halo
“I had a couple of drinks. I started in 1970 and finished in 1985. It was a very big drink.” - Alice Cooper
“I’m sick to death of people saying we’ve made 11 albums that sound exactly the same. In fact, we’ve made 12 albums that sound exactly the same.” - Angus Young of AC/DC

Pilate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Pilate » Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:09 am

Shawn1204 wrote:
Pilate wrote:
Shawn1204 wrote: I'll give you Kudos too, once you start listening to Bloc Party Again, and not all of this COUNTRY :lol: Is Bloc Party the band of the decade? I vote YES, and I'm not even kidding! Those that vote for Coldplay seem to forget the Joe Satriani plagiarism :D

----------------
Top 5 Bloc Party Songs:

2. Flux
3. On
4. Helicopter
5. Halo
This could be it's own thread on best Bloc Party songs!! My top 5 are:

So Here We Are
Hunting For Witches
I Still Remember
Ares
Letter To My Son

So hard to choose..such a killer band.

----------------
Now playing: Bloc Party - Signs

Shawn
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Shawn » Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:15 am

Pilate wrote:
Shawn1204 wrote:
Pilate wrote: I forgot!! A Bloc Party fan!!! So sorry my brother...you ever heard of these guys?? Check em out if not...

----------------
Top 5 Bloc Party Songs:

2. Flux
3. On
4. Helicopter
5. Halo

So Here We Are
Hunting For Witches
I Still Remember
Ares
Letter To My Son

----------------
And its awesome that we each have different songs on our lists! The songs you listed are also great! Nice job!

Pilate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Pilate » Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:18 am

Shawn1204 wrote:
Pilate wrote:
Shawn1204 wrote: I'll check them out too, thanks Nate!
Top 5 Bloc Party Songs:

2. Flux
3. On
4. Helicopter
5. Halo

So Here We Are
Hunting For Witches
I Still Remember
Ares
Letter To My Son

----------------
And its awesome that we each have different songs on our lists! The songs you listed are also great! Nice job!
Silversun Pickups...ever heard of em?? Very good...kind of shoegazer meets early Smashing Pumpkins.

----------------
Now playing: Silversun Pickups - Lazy Eye

Shawn
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Shawn » Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:23 am

Pilate wrote:
Shawn1204 wrote:
Pilate wrote: This could be it's own thread on best Bloc Party songs!! My top 5 are:

So Here We Are
Hunting For Witches
I Still Remember
Ares
Letter To My Son

----------------
Silversun Pickups...ever heard of em?? Very good...kind of shoegazer meets early Smashing Pumpkins.

----------------
Carnavas could be my choice for Album of the Decade, so Yes 8-) Well Thought Out Twinkles and Lazy Eye are definitely favorites of mine! Good call!

Pilate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Pilate » Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:26 am

Shawn1204 wrote:
Pilate wrote:
Shawn1204 wrote: And its awesome that we each have different songs on our lists! The songs you listed are also great! Nice job!

----------------
Carnavas could be my choice for Album of the Decade, so Yes 8-) Well Thought Out Twinkles and Lazy Eye are definitely favorites of mine! Good call!
Thread Hijack Over... :lol:

----------------
Now playing: Simple Minds - Belfast Child

Shawn
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Shawn » Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:32 am

Pilate wrote:
Shawn1204 wrote:
Pilate wrote: Silversun Pickups...ever heard of em?? Very good...kind of shoegazer meets early Smashing Pumpkins.

----------------
Thread Hijack Over... :lol:

----------------
Now playing: Simple Minds - Belfast Child
New threads starting in Off-Topic section

1. Best album of 2009
2. Best band of the decade
3. Bands that most sounds like the Beach Boys (The Shins? Fleet Foxes?)

kris_kapsner
Legend
Legend

Postby kris_kapsner » Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:28 pm

princevincexoxo wrote:
kris_kapsner wrote:
princevincexoxo wrote: Everyone in the NFL is talented Kris or else they wouldnt be there :lol:....the question I ask (like Skip) is how exactly do YOU or any of us set a standard or be the judge of who is "MORE TALENTED"? And just because YOU or I see them as more talented how relevant is that in determining how productive they are or ever actually will be, fantasy wise? The answer is IT ISNT...Ultimately the best thing we have to go by is how the talent is used, and how the talent adjusts to the situation - versatility is where the true value comes from. If the talent cant adjust to the situation, then it is less valuable because the situation has to adjust to it, which in turn does not equate to success unless the situation they land in is already ideal (like ADP, McCoy, etc...) , and as we know, and can see from my short list of examples few situations are ideal.....with this said, there is a REASON why the Bills are BETTER when Jackson is playing, and why Jackson PRODUCES MORE than Lynch. Lynch ISNT versatile. He IS one dimensional, and he IS an overhyped bell cow, just like McGahee was when he first was in Buffalo (and kind of like he still is)....I'll take versatility any day, guys like....SJ, MJD, Ray Rice, even PT over Lynch....without even thinking about it.
You're right Vince, there isn't much difference between a Brady Quinn and a Peyton Manning. I mean, they're both NFL QBs right? So, they must have similar talent. Julius Jones is similar to Adrian Peterson in talent and what's the difference between Randy Moss and Troy Williamson?

Sometimes players just fit a scheme better than others. Is Jackson more versatile than Lynch? Maybe. But, he's not better. If you'd like to think so, more power to you.

I don't really care if you or anyone else gives up on Lynch. It wouldn't be the first time you'd eat your words when a player appeared to "bust" in your eyes only to rebound. But, I could be wrong too and it wouldn't be the first time. Either way, these are just opinions. Lynch is a very good player and an above average starting RB from a talent stand point. I'll take that over an older, less talented product that produces a little more now but that I expect to fall off in the near future.
Kris its easy to be confident in an established fact. You just took 3 of the most dominant players from each position and compared mere nobody's to them - its not an accurate assessment of what Im trying to say....you can try and misinterpret what Im saying in order to make your argument, but the fact is none of us are always right, you or I, but its not about always being right or never being wrong, its about making decisions that maximize GAIN and minimize LOSS over the long haul. That older less talented player that produces more a little more now....is what wins you games NOW. The key is having a role for each player on your team...and for Lynch to be in the role of a RB1 or RB2 for a team already puts them at a clear disadvantage until he starts being a consistent source of production....so realistically he may have this upside but he shouldnt be drafted, or acquired as anything more than what he is at the moment, and thats a RB3/4 with upside....you draft him or buy him any higher and you run the risk of losing out not only NOW, but maybe even later - in case people like YOU who so heavily confide in him are WRONG (which is also VERY possible). Im not going to pay full price for what COULD BE...in the long run thats a losing mentality, and thats what seperates a manger who keeps having to rebuild, and one thats consistently winning and competing....Im going to pay up for what IS, and bargain shop for what COULD BE and right now Lynch is the latter until further notice
I was just pointing out that, though every single player in the NFL happens to be more talented than myself, there is still a quantifiable disparity of talent. There are those with the talent to be legit every down RBs and those who's talent level is better suited to a back up role. That's what we were talking about when you said that everyone in the NFL has talent.

I think that Lynch has top 15 RB talent right now. But, am I saying that you should pay top 15 RB value to get him in a trade? No. He's a great "buy low" RB right now. He can be had at a price consistent with RBs valued more in the late 20's to early 30's. When a player with his talent is currently being valued at that level it's time to buy. Just like it was time to buy Mendenhall early this season and most here were saying that he was a bust.

Owners who don't search for TALENT and buy low will typically never win a championship. Owners that do, build dynasties.

Not trying to buy Lynch now at his reduced perceived value is a mistake in my opinion.
16 team PPR Est. 2002 (Champion: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016)
Start: QB, 2-4WR, 2-3RB, 1-2TE, K, D
QB: Russell Wilson, Zach Wilson
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Chubb, Hunt, G. Bernard
WR: Adams, Metcalf, Callaway, Shepard, Watkins, Fuller, T. Williams, Proche
TE: Kelce, Pitts, Njoku, Seals-Jones
K: Gay
D: Vikings

princevincexoxo

Postby princevincexoxo » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:30 pm

kris_kapsner wrote:
princevincexoxo wrote:
kris_kapsner wrote: You're right Vince, there isn't much difference between a Brady Quinn and a Peyton Manning. I mean, they're both NFL QBs right? So, they must have similar talent. Julius Jones is similar to Adrian Peterson in talent and what's the difference between Randy Moss and Troy Williamson?

Sometimes players just fit a scheme better than others. Is Jackson more versatile than Lynch? Maybe. But, he's not better. If you'd like to think so, more power to you.

I don't really care if you or anyone else gives up on Lynch. It wouldn't be the first time you'd eat your words when a player appeared to "bust" in your eyes only to rebound. But, I could be wrong too and it wouldn't be the first time. Either way, these are just opinions. Lynch is a very good player and an above average starting RB from a talent stand point. I'll take that over an older, less talented product that produces a little more now but that I expect to fall off in the near future.
Kris its easy to be confident in an established fact. You just took 3 of the most dominant players from each position and compared mere nobody's to them - its not an accurate assessment of what Im trying to say....you can try and misinterpret what Im saying in order to make your argument, but the fact is none of us are always right, you or I, but its not about always being right or never being wrong, its about making decisions that maximize GAIN and minimize LOSS over the long haul. That older less talented player that produces more a little more now....is what wins you games NOW. The key is having a role for each player on your team...and for Lynch to be in the role of a RB1 or RB2 for a team already puts them at a clear disadvantage until he starts being a consistent source of production....so realistically he may have this upside but he shouldnt be drafted, or acquired as anything more than what he is at the moment, and thats a RB3/4 with upside....you draft him or buy him any higher and you run the risk of losing out not only NOW, but maybe even later - in case people like YOU who so heavily confide in him are WRONG (which is also VERY possible). Im not going to pay full price for what COULD BE...in the long run thats a losing mentality, and thats what seperates a manger who keeps having to rebuild, and one thats consistently winning and competing....Im going to pay up for what IS, and bargain shop for what COULD BE and right now Lynch is the latter until further notice
I was just pointing out that, though every single player in the NFL happens to be more talented than myself, there is still a quantifiable disparity of talent. There are those with the talent to be legit every down RBs and those who's talent level is better suited to a back up role. That's what we were talking about when you said that everyone in the NFL has talent.

I think that Lynch has top 15 RB talent right now. But, am I saying that you should pay top 15 RB value to get him in a trade? No. He's a great "buy low" RB right now. He can be had at a price consistent with RBs valued more in the late 20's to early 30's. When a player with his talent is currently being valued at that level it's time to buy. Just like it was time to buy Mendenhall early this season and most here were saying that he was a bust.

Owners who don't search for TALENT and buy low will typically never win a championship. Owners that do, build dynasties.

Not trying to buy Lynch now at his reduced perceived value is a mistake in my opinion.
so essentially we are agreeing with each other :lol:

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:44 pm

Buy low?

Pilate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Pilate » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:00 am

Steelersfan wrote:Buy low?
I think Lynch is a great buy low candidate but the problem is most owners (like me) paid a hefty price for him. I am not willing to sell Lynch given his extremely low value and will imagine most owners are holding him for now.

----------------
Now playing: Death Cab for Cutie - Soul Meets Body
Last edited by Pilate on Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.