Reggie Bush

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
DLFiend
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Reggie Bush

Postby DLFiend » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:52 am

He's about to be 3rd on the depth chart after the draft. So there's that.

Farley
Captain
Captain

Postby Farley » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:19 pm

DLFiend wrote:He's about to be 3rd on the depth chart after the draft. So there's that.
Bush sill put up some decent numbers out of that spot on the depth chart last year. :wink:

DLFiend
All Pro
All Pro

Postby DLFiend » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:29 pm

He was 2nd on the depth chart last year. Then he got hurt. And Riddick proceed to rush for 2.6 YPC.

mullmania
MVP
MVP

Postby mullmania » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:53 am

Not a bad landing spot. I was initially hoping for the Pats but his role week to week might be more consistent here.

jeffster
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby jeffster » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:42 pm

This thread is highly amusing. So much love for a 30-year old RB with lots of miles whose skill set revolves around speed and agility (attributes which obviously improve dramatically with age) and is on his fourth team in nine years! All those trade offers Detroit must have passed on in order to, uh, cut him. Also, it's a one-year contract, because the 49ers have that much faith in him.

Anyway, if your win-now team is in bad need of an RB2 or RB3, I would pick him up. But not sure I would pay more than a mid-2nd, and even that's a stretch.

bigchiefbc
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby bigchiefbc » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:00 am

jeffster wrote: Anyway, if your win-now team is in bad need of an RB2 or RB3, I would pick him up. But not sure I would pay more than a mid-2nd, and even that's a stretch.
Maybe I missed where in this thread anyone was actually suggesting that he was worth more than this ... ?

We seem to have two different groups of people totally talking past each other.

One group is saying "he's old, he's washed up, he's injury prone, he'll be decent in a PPR league, mid-2nd round value"

The other group is saying "he's not as injury-prone as he's perceived to be, he was consistently productive for several years before last year, he'll have PPR value and he hurts Hyde's value a bit"

I don't see where the big argument is, everyone seems to be in the same general vicinity here. NO ONE is saying he's an RB1. No one is saying he's a first-round value. Literally no one.

DLFiend
All Pro
All Pro

Postby DLFiend » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:34 pm

Every defensive loss the 49ers take just adds to Bush's value. 49ers gonna be playing a lot of catch up this year.

mullmania
MVP
MVP

Postby mullmania » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:37 pm

DLFiend wrote:Every defensive loss the 49ers take just adds to Bush's value. 49ers gonna be playing a lot of catch up this year.
I tend to agree. This landing spot might be better for him on paper than the Pats because of this.

mullmania
MVP
MVP

Postby mullmania » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:38 pm

Who averages more PPR points per game in 2015:

Hyde or Bush ?

DLFiend
All Pro
All Pro

Postby DLFiend » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:45 pm

It's going to be much closer than 49ers/Hyde fans want to admit.

Cammiecoke
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Cammiecoke » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:59 pm

To me Reggie is definitely on his last legs (I've probably undervalued him during his time at MIA and early DET) he is 30, coming off injury, and had his worst statical year of his career last season. He signed with the team that hasn't thrown to its RBs consistently in several years, Kapernick struggles with short to intermediate accuracy, and has a run first philosphy (I know they hired a new head coach but they promoted from within and have the same GM). Reggie's ADP in march was 207 and I don't see this signing giving him a significant bump. Even if I was win now team with a rb 2 need I would rather take my chances the RB that will be available in round 2 (Duke, Ameer, David Johnson, David Cobb, Langford, Mike Davis, Etc). I couldn't justify sending a 2nd for Bush and I would be selling Bush for any 2nd rounder no matter the situation. I've owned Bush in the past and even though he has played a relatively high number of games lately he always is on the injury report and is tough player to trust to start.

I view this situation at worst much like CIN last year with Bernard and Hill. I don't think Bush is the player Bernard is at this point of their careers and won't be featured in the offense in the same way Bernard was his first 2 years. I think Hill and Hyde profile very similarly. I guess if you don't believe Hyde you would view the situation quite differently. I think whether Hyde succeeds are not Bush will have a very lackluster year in San Fran. San Fran is a huge step down in situation for Bush than Detroit.

DLFiend
All Pro
All Pro

Postby DLFiend » Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:18 am

This is just classic recency bias. Bush was injured last year and put up mediocre numbers the rest of the season. That was 1 unhealthy season in the past 4, in which he got over 1,000 + yards from scrimmage in each. Can't really blame him for being injured last year.

And it's not like 30 is a death-knell nowadays for RBs.

49ers will be playing catch up a lot - and that's not a skill-set (catching, hurry up offense, etc.) that fits Hyde's game.

Comparing Hyde to Hill is hilarious. They're the same size and that's about it. Hyde is plodding, visionless, can't catch. He is Shonn Greene.

Cammiecoke
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Cammiecoke » Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:53 pm

Carlos Hyde-6'0" 230lbs Pick 2.25 ATH Scrore 99.7 (47th percentile)
40yd-4.62 Vert-34.5in Broad Jump-114in
Att Yds Avg TD Rec Yds Avg TD Plays Yds Avg TD
208 1521 7.3 15 16 147 9.2 3 224 1668 7.4 18

Jeremy Hill-6'1" 233lbs Pick 2.23 ATH Score 95.1 (8th percentile)
40yd-4.66 Vert-29in Broad Jump-113in
Att Yds Avg TD Rec Yds Avg TD Plays Yds Avg TD
203 1401 6.9 16 18 181 10.1 0 221 1582 7.2 16

I find it hilarious that you are a borderline troll who only talks in wild hyperbole. Then again you are consistently one of the most combative posters on this forum.

The are very comparable in about every metric there is. Hyde is actually better the Hill in several ATH measurables (yet you call him a plodder). I like both backs and own both across several dynasty teams. I value Hill over Hyde at this point due to what they have both done at the NFL level. I didn't expect much from Hyde last season as he was behind a borderline HOF who is a power runner much like him. I don't understand your hatred for Hyde because you only use subjective statements that you fail back up with any supporting details. I can't find one scouting report that questions Hyde's ability to catch the football and he was actually talked about being a good pass catcher for a power back with his size.

I can count the the backs that are productive into their 30s in today's NFL on one hand. They don't usually have Bush's profile (Speed Back) and aren't let go in free agency to become productive on another team. New England didn't sign Bush even with losing Vareen and they actually pass to their RBs.You can continue to argue that Bush going to a NFL team that hasn't had a RB catch more than 36 balls inn the last 4 seasons is a good thing.

San Fransisco isn't going to become some pass happy team and start throwing to the running back. They were a bad team last year going through chaos with management and coaching yet gore still got 255 carries and only 11 catches. They were ranked 4th in rushing and 30th in passing. You fail to actually address any of this issues that are very much a road block to Bush success.

Hyde very well may not be up to the task of being a bell cow RB in the NFL (I'm willing to admit that). I betting he is and I don't Bush has any long term affects on his value. I also think giving a 2nd pick in this draft for Bush is crazy when you could probably draft a better back or target a better veteran like Gore with the same pick. It is fine to have different opinions and that is what makes dynasty great but to dismiss others peoples opinions the way you do isn't cool, doesn't add anything do productive discussion, and just makes you look small.

DLFiend
All Pro
All Pro

Postby DLFiend » Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:11 pm

Hill's YPC: 5.0

Hyde's YPC: 4.0

Hill also has the higher draft pedigree and superior vision.

DLFiend
All Pro
All Pro

Postby DLFiend » Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:12 pm

Plus, you don't seem to understand that game flow will not be working in Hyde's favor. He's not going to be in there when they're behind and in their 2-minute offense. Sorry, Bush's arrival caps his fantasy ceiling and shows that they don't have faith in his receiving or blocking skills.