General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
thaniz
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Who is your offseason #1 sell?

Postby thaniz » Thu Dec 25, 2014 11:26 am

Probably too obvious, but Arian Foster.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The Lost Boys Dynasty League - https://www59.myfantasyleague.com/2021/home/25061#0
QB: Jackson, Herbert, Cousins, Newton
RB: Cook, Howard, Michel, McKissic, Hyde, Mack, Mattsson, Mostert
WR: Julio, D. Johnson, Cooks, Hardman, Cobb, M.Jones, Hamler, Hilton, Bourne, Harris, Pringle, Toney, Washington, M.Johnson
TE: Kelce, Cook,

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Thu Dec 25, 2014 12:50 pm

I see Calvin as more of a buy to me. Look at what Andre has done the last couple seasons after everyone had written him off. I'd say you're far more likely to find owners selling low than buyers paying top 5 WR prices.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Thu Dec 25, 2014 1:46 pm

ericanadian wrote:I see Calvin as more of a buy to me. Look at what Andre has done the last couple seasons after everyone had written him off. I'd say you're far more likely to find owners selling low than buyers paying top 5 WR prices.
Completely agree. While he may no longer be the WR1, he'll be top 10 for years yet. He's always scored TDs. I've got Calvin in two leagues and plan on riding him out rather than sell short.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:51 am

JoshGordonsDealer wrote:Mine HAS to be Calvin... I think the steady, though not necessarily quick, decline has begun.
I disagree. I just traded for him. If you discount the couple of games he played as a decoy, his numbers haven't changed at all. May miss a few games here or there, but with his size and speed, I see him as a WR1 for the next 2-3 years, and a WR 2/3 for a few more after that. He can easily be fantasy relevant for the next 5 years. His value may have peaked, however...I agree. I am in a win now mode, so I have paid two 1st's, and a 2nd. (2016 and 2017 firsts).
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:56 am

SpartyOn wrote:I don't own them but for me it would be J Thomas, A Ellington, and D Murray. IMO none of them perform at their current level next season.
Yep. Picked up Kerwynn Williams a few weeks ago. IMO, he's a good a bet as Ellington to be the starter next year out of the current RB's. Has already leapfrogged the other RB's on that team in a matter of weeks. Almost 5 YPC against a combination of KC, STL, SEA, SF. Not too shabby. Considering he was a waiver wire pick up, why not? Can maybe flip him to an antsy Ellington owner at worst for something. Thomas is way too Manning/TD dependant. Murray....waiting for the wheels to fall off sooner rather than later.
Janiel Dones Truther

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:58 am

the_future wrote:Might be in the minority but I would say Kelvin Benjamin. I just don't trust the combination of his route running and Cams ineptitude of throwing the ball accurately. If I could net an equal WR swap, I'd do it.

While I agree with Murray and Forte, I feel this is common knowledge. I don't believe you will be able to sell these two assets for enough value to actually benefit you.
Agreed. 1 trick pony. School yard football. Jump ball guy, and that's it. I see some regression coming. Maybe not Patterson type regression, but out of all the rookie WR class from 2014, he's the one I feel will regress the most.
Janiel Dones Truther

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:05 am

ericanadian wrote:I see Calvin as more of a buy to me. Look at what Andre has done the last couple seasons after everyone had written him off. I'd say you're far more likely to find owners selling low than buyers paying top 5 WR prices.
Agreed. A BUNCH of owners are going to get Calvin for dirt cheap from people who are scared to keep him because they can't get Top 3 value anymore.

He missed 3 games, played 2 as a decoy and finished with 71 receptions, 1077 yards and 8 scores. Megatron might be one of the top buys this off-season. Just look at some of the cheap trade proposals on here

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:06 am

I don't own him, I own West, but I would be selling Crowell (would have done it weeks ago, though) Coming back down to earth, and the Browns staff prefer West (via CBS game crew, who spoke to members of the staff), just trying to coach out his inconsistencies.

My number one sell would be Victor Cruz. Being next to OBJ will help his value, because teams will have to contend with the threat on the outside now, but that injury scares me. I I can get value for him, he's gone. I think his best statistical years are behind him. WR3 numbers are the best I am hoping for if I have to keep him.
Janiel Dones Truther

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:10 am

Csl312 wrote:
Cameron Giles wrote: I'm going to say Nelson is my #1 sell. I'm sure he'll continue to produce with Rodgers but I feel like you could get much more talented players in exchange for him.
I have a few shares of Nelson. Who is likely to out produce him that you would be looking to trade for?

As far as who I would be selling I have to agree with OBJ. The love for that guy is bonkers, and I just have this feeling he is coming back down to Earth next season. Not to mention any non-football concerns.
I might try to sell Allen Robinson too, there seems to be a lot of love for the guy, but that team is brutal right now. If I could get good value for him I would.
Never said out produce next season, but going forward sure. I'd try selling for someone like Hopkins, Jeffery, or an elite rookie WR.

Telperion
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Telperion » Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:39 am

If Thomas has fallen out of favor this much, I'm a buyer.
- Don't waste your time on late round NFL draft picks: Success rates by NFL draft round and speed.
- Team(s): Team 1

RGKID144
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby RGKID144 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:40 am

Lol, very interesting to see so many people saying sell sell sell on ODB. I really can't fault anybody for wanting to cash in REAL HARD on possibly the greatest rookie season ever, but I just can't see the possibility of him falling off. He just simply looks too dynamic on the field, and Eli has completely peppered him with targets(not to mention this was the only way the Giants started winning games). Being a Gmen fan, I see no scenario where ODB isn't completely the focal point of this HEAVY pass attack next year, and as long as McAdoo is in town, which by the way this season ended, may be quite a few years. A regression may be viable, but I still see ODB being the focal point and seeing mass amounts of targets again next year, and if anyone doubts his ability, then there is an even greater issue here lol.

I actually just sold Bell to acquire ODB last week( I also got Sanchez and 2.6 in a 10 team league). I'm sure most people would prefer Bell over ODB, but like ODB, Bell also saw a METEORIC rise in value this year all the way to the #1 dyno back. Cashing in on an RB that has gained that much steam seemed like a decent idea to me. Believe me, I drafted Bell, I love Bell, LOVE BELL, but just the nature of the RB position had me curious to see just how much he would fetch. So, I decided to cash in on Bell.
Entering year ten of Dynasty 10 team 2QB/2RB/4WR/1TE/1FLEX(rb/wr/te).

QB: Bryce Young, Jared Goff, Mac Jones, Zach Wilson, Stetson Bennett.
WR: Garret Wilson, Devonta Smith, Tee Higgins, Michael Pittman, Odell Beckham, Treylon Burks, Zay Flowers, Curtis Samuel, Dyami Brown, Kenny Golladay.
RB: Bijan Robinson, Cam Akers, Antonio Gibson, Donta Foreman, Michael Carter, James Robinson, Dontrell Hilliard.
TE: Evan Engram, David Njoku, Trey McBride, Matt LaPorta Jelani Woods, Bob Tonyan.

Mefisto
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Mefisto » Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:54 am

I think people have OBJ(DB?) as the #1 sell because in about 4 months he's going to be hyped up to top 3 WR value, if not #1 WR value. WIll he be the #1 WR going forward? It is entirely possible. However, if you can get "best dynasty asset" value for him you probably should as he can't be any more valuable than that.

My #1 sells include obvious ones like Foster/Lynch/Murray. For QB I'm going to try to sell Cutler. As bad as he may be as a football player he is a good fantasy QB1. For WR I'm selling Moncrief. His hype train is going to go crazy this offseason. DOn't be surprised to see him going as a WR1 in dynasty startups like CPatt. And, like CPatt, don't be surprised to see him not live up to expectations.
12 Team Non-PPR league. 2QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1RB/WR, 1TE, 1K, 1DL, 1LB, 1DB, 2DL/LB/DB
QB: Brady, Stafford, Mariota, Tannehill
RB: L. Miller, A. Collins, K. Drake, R. Freeman, K. Dixon, D. Foreman, D. Murray, J. Allen, Gore
WR: Hopkins, ARob, S. Diggs, D. Parker, M. Lee, J. Matthews, T. Lockett, D. Pettis, Callaway
TE: T. Kelce, E. Ebron, C. Brate
K: Bailey, Coons, Boswell
DL: D. Hunter, R. Quinn, D. Lawrence
LB: Von Miller, A. Ogletree, B. Wagner T. Edmunds
DB: H. Smith, J. Cyprien, L. Collins
2017 Superbowl Champion

10 Team PPR League. Start QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 1Superflex, 1Flex, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 3DFlex
QB: Luck, Goff, Trubisky, Prescott, Tannehill
RB: Gurley, Mixon, Barkley, D. Foreman
WR: Kupp, Cooper, C. Davis, Parker, T. Lockett, Kupp, W. Fuller, Sutton, John Brown, Callaway
TE: Kelce, Burton
DL: D. Lawrence, Ogunjobi, Ansah, M. Davenport
LB: L. Kuechly, T. Smith, Kiko Alonso, T. Edmunds, J. Smith, R. Foster
DB: Clinton-Dix, D. James, T. Edmunds, M. Jenkins

breeze
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby breeze » Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:31 pm

I think OBJ is a sell for the simple fact that how can you assume he will get these target numbers in the future. He has 115 in the last 9 games. That's insane. Dez gets 130 all year and puts up the numbers he does. If you think OBJ will continue to produce like he is right now then you are also expecting him to get over 200 targets next year.
Twitter: @BreezeIDP

dlf_jules
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby dlf_jules » Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:01 pm

Breezy12 wrote:If you think OBJ will continue to produce like he is right now then you are also expecting him to get over 200 targets next year.
Again, no one thinks Beckham is going to continue to produce like he has over the last nine games (28.57 ppg in ppr). But he could lose 25% of that and still be a top 2-3 WR next year. He could lose 40% off that and still be a WR1.
Download the 2019 Cohort Report for free today!

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:38 pm

Bingo. The rate is not sustainable, but the rate is also grossly above others, allowing for a decrease and still very high production. I've seen the usage argument a few times, but don't see the same counter argument applies to balance them. It will ultimately come down to efficiency, which I would feel confident will continue based on my opinion of his overall abilities...