DLF Listener League - Follow Along And Comment

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
dlf_jules
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: DLF Listener League - Follow Along And Comment

Postby dlf_jules » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:20 am

DonBrazi wrote: Haha. Not sure how my team is 'lopsided'. I've got a top-3 (in our format) QB, WR, and TE. And so far a top-12 WR to add to that. Seems like some nice depth through three of the four positions.. If I go WR/WR at the 5-6 turn, then it'll be lopsided. We'll see who's available!
Fine. Now you're lopsided. :P

The way I see it, 26 of the first 48 picks were RBs. A team with no RBs through four rounds is lopsided. Like I said, lopsided is not bad -- I don't think there's a bad team so far -- but it's an outlier strategy.

I think it's worth noting that you and John are picking at opposite turns. From these spots, it's even more important to grab BPA, in my opinion. You guys have done just that.
Download the 2019 Cohort Report for free today!

DonBrazi
MVP
MVP

Postby DonBrazi » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:42 am

Jules wrote:
DonBrazi wrote: Haha. Not sure how my team is 'lopsided'. I've got a top-3 (in our format) QB, WR, and TE. And so far a top-12 WR to add to that. Seems like some nice depth through three of the four positions.. If I go WR/WR at the 5-6 turn, then it'll be lopsided. We'll see who's available!

The way I see it, 26 of the first 48 picks were RBs. A team with no RBs through four rounds is lopsided. Like I said, lopsided is not bad -- I don't think there's a bad team so far -- but it's an outlier strategy.

I think it's worth noting that you and John are picking at opposite turns. From these spots, it's even more important to grab BPA, in my opinion. You guys have done just that.
Yah, the way it's turning out, I'll likely have to make a few trades early on and be very active on the WW. Before this thing started, I said the 12-spot was the worst spot to be in..
IRL 12Team 28man 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex, 1Superflex: PPR w/ small TE-Premium
Dak, Murray, Wentz, Darnold, Fitzpatrick
CEH, Gibson, Sanders, Javonte, Moss, Nwangwu
ARob, Sutton, ODB, Parker, Ruggs, Miller, Boykin
Waller, Hockenson, Pitts, OJH, Trautman, Gesicki, Everett
2022 1st (2), 2nd, 3rd, 4th

War Room 12Team 28man: 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 1TE, 4Flex, 1Superflex: .5/1/1.5 Tiered-PPR, 1-Round Devy league
Dak, Murray, LJax, *Rattler
Etienne, AJD, Hubbard, Stevenson, Hawkins, *Spiller
Sutton, ODB, Jeudy, Reagor, Shenault, Rodgers, Kirk, Boykin, *G.Wilson
Hockenson, Jonnu, Firkser, Asiasi
2022 1st (2), 2nd, 3rd, *Devy 4th (2)

deputylefty
Starter
Starter

Postby deputylefty » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:44 am

DonBrazi wrote:
Jules wrote:

Yah, the way it's turning out, I'll likely have to make a few trades early on and be very active on the WW. Before this thing started, I said the 12-spot was the worst spot to be in..
I think you've done a good job with the cards you've been dealt. Definitely taking talent over need was the way to go in the first 6 rounds. Now you'd better start filling out your starters, especially at RB!
@CapnHuggyFace

bige29
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby bige29 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:42 am

jrnall2 wrote:The RBs have been crazy. I really like the team with McCoy/Wilson/Miller/Nicks/Gordon. Very solid.

Curious to when the QB run starts!
Thats me! Thanks!

I think it is going to start very soon..end of round 6 begging of round 7

mullmania
MVP
MVP

Postby mullmania » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:47 am

Zounder wrote:As far teams that are not myself go, I like Jimmy's team a lot: AJ, Cobb, Gronk, Bernard. If Gronk recovers quickly, that is a crazy good core.

I also like Brian D.'s strategy of going safe. The downside is a complete lack of RBs, but that core is undeniably rock solid.
^ That team above scares me. What if Gronk misses time and Bernard is slow to get touches early in the season?

Could be without 2 of your first 4 picks early on...

jrnall2
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby jrnall2 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:08 am

Mullmania wrote:
Zounder wrote:As far teams that are not myself go, I like Jimmy's team a lot: AJ, Cobb, Gronk, Bernard. If Gronk recovers quickly, that is a crazy good core.

I also like Brian D.'s strategy of going safe. The downside is a complete lack of RBs, but that core is undeniably rock solid.
^ That team above scares me. What if Gronk misses time and Bernard is slow to get touches early in the season?

Could be without 2 of your first 4 picks early on...
Understandable. Middle of the draft will be key on me finding high floor starters to fill in for early season production. I think I could be keyed for a late season run with Bernard/Lacy(new draftee) getting additional touches, Blackmon (also drafted) off suspension and Gronk finally healthy. A bit risky, but I'm hoping I can manage it.

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:48 am

bige29 wrote:
jrnall2 wrote:The RBs have been crazy. I really like the team with McCoy/Wilson/Miller/Nicks/Gordon. Very solid.

Thats me! Thanks!

I'm curious too. Our selection of A.Rod at the 2/3 turn is looking like a bad decision. It was just that he'd fallen so far past his typical ADP. :wall:

dlf_jules
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby dlf_jules » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:18 pm

dlf_tims wrote:
bige29 wrote:

Thats me! Thanks!

I'm curious too. Our selection of A.Rod at the 2/3 turn is looking like a bad decision. It was just that he'd fallen so far past his typical ADP. :wall:
Don't worry, he only went 4.5 rounds before Brady.

Jets1Zero
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Jets1Zero » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:21 pm

Jules wrote:
dlf_tims wrote:
Don't worry, he only went 4.5 rounds before Brady.
I traded out of the 6th round, because I couldn't justify not taking Brady at the 6.2. When I was on the clock at 7.6 and he was still there, I couldn't NOT take him (Even though I died a little inside when I took him).
12 Team, .5 PPR, 4 points passing TD, 26 Man roster Dynasty League
QB: Dak Prescott, Bryce Petty
RB: Joe Mixon, Alvin Kamara, Adrian Peterson, Buck Allen, Branden Oliver, Alex Collins
WR: Julio Jones, Devante Parker, Kevin White, Zay Jones, Kenny Stills, Robby Anderson, Cordarelle Patterson, Ricardo Luis, Charon Peak
TE: Evan Engram, CJ Fiedorowicz, Austin Sefarian-Jenkins

dlf_jules
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby dlf_jules » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:31 am

Sh*t just got real.

Don Brazi makes the desperation/genius move of drafting RG3 and Russell Wilson in order to incite a QB run. It worked, and then Dan lies to Eric in order to trade up 2 spots and snipe Kaepernick -- Eric says Dan told him he was taking Rudolph.

Follow along...

Edits: I mistakenly said "Jimmy" where I should have said "Dan". Sorry, Jimmy.
Last edited by dlf_jules on Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

KB_fantasy
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby KB_fantasy » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:42 am

Wow

dlf_jules
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby dlf_jules » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:52 am

Jules wrote:Sh*t just got real.

Don Brazi makes the desperation/genius move of drafting RG3 and Russell Wilson in order to incite a QB run. It worked, and then Dan lies to Eric in order to trade up 2 spots and snipe Kaepernick -- Eric says Dan told him he was taking Rudolph.

Follow along...

Edits: I mistakenly said "Jimmy" where I should have said "Dan". Sorry, Jimmy.
The shame of it is that this Eric/Dan thing is going to overshadow Don Brazi's sweet move. I don't know if Don Brazi can parlay it into victory (or even a playoff spot), but he definitely increased his odds...and kicked me in the gonads while he was at it! :clap: :clap:

KB_fantasy
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby KB_fantasy » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:59 am

Yes, I think it has helped those with the late draft slots and those already with QBs. Some large avg point diff at the QB spot.

dlf_jules
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby dlf_jules » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:06 am

KB_fantasy wrote:Yes, I think it has helped those with the late draft slots and those already with QBs. Some large avg point diff at the QB spot.
Biggest winners are definitely Nick, Jimmy, and whoever winds up with Kaepernick. Not only do they face weaker competition from those of us without a QB, but they still got their QBs very late.

mullmania
MVP
MVP

Postby mullmania » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:18 am

Is this a 6 or 4 points passing league?

I think the whole league in general kind of won by group waiting on QB so long.

Stick it to those pro's guys. :wink: