Trey McBride: It’s Time to Take Notice

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Trey McBride: It’s Time to Take Notice

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:13 am

wickerkat1212 wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:02 am How do you see McBride performing the rest of the year? With Kyler back is he going to be a guy we can start? I have a crazy redraft league where we can start up to three TEs and I already have Andrews and LaPorta. I'm in 1st place. Got an offer from a guy trying to move Kelce, but the guy is asking for too much. I think McBride may actually be able to contribute similar numbers, or at least ENOUGH that I shouldn't hurt my team with other moves, losing a RB3 or WR4 when I start qb-qb-rb-rb-rb-wr-wr-wr-wr-te-te-flex-k-d.

McBride is TE16 right now. Last week he was TE2. Over the last three weeks he is TE2. Last five weeks, TE5.
You've answered your own question. He was just waiting for Ertz to get out of the way.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:17 am

Jigga94 wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:13 am
wickerkat1212 wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:02 am How do you see McBride performing the rest of the year? With Kyler back is he going to be a guy we can start? I have a crazy redraft league where we can start up to three TEs and I already have Andrews and LaPorta. I'm in 1st place. Got an offer from a guy trying to move Kelce, but the guy is asking for too much. I think McBride may actually be able to contribute similar numbers, or at least ENOUGH that I shouldn't hurt my team with other moves, losing a RB3 or WR4 when I start qb-qb-rb-rb-rb-wr-wr-wr-wr-te-te-flex-k-d.

McBride is TE16 right now. Last week he was TE2. Over the last three weeks he is TE2. Last five weeks, TE5.
I also snagged him in a redraft where I have Kelce and plan to flex him even though I am usually against starting 2 TE. I have limited options at Flex (M. Wilson, Wan'dale, trash RB) and McBride is pretty much a lock for 6+ targets. Target Quality also improves with Kyler back.

With your deeper starting requirements (especially for a redraft) I would be starting him with confidence, unless your RB4 or WR5 is somehow better...
Thanks. Yeah, right now it's McBride vs Hubbard, Allgeier, Rondale, or KJO for that final flex. I think he starts over them all in a 1 PPR league.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, BENSON (R), Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, POLK (R), CORLEY (R), COWING (R), Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, TJOHNSON (R), Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, RATTLER (R) RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Mostert, BRob, ESTIME (R) WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Lockett, Myers, COWING (R), MWASHINGTON (R) TE—Kmet, Kraft, SANDERS (R), Conklin, Hurst PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: MAYE (R), Goff, Cousins, PENIX (R), Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: HARRISON (R), DJM, Higgins, JSN, BTHOMAS (R), Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, DPJ, Devante TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

Jrblaha
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Jrblaha » Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:20 am

Jigga94 wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:00 am
Jrblaha wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 10:58 am
Two Cents wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:45 pm

How can you have 12+ rookies over McBride without knowing their situation?

Not only are you picking 12 players over McBride, but you’re picking 12 situations over McBrides too. By the end of the draft I guarantee you that about half if not more of those players will go to questionable situations. At least McBrides situation seems pretty stable in terms of gameplan. (Unlike Bijan for example)
I have 12 rookies above McBride without knowing their situation the same way I have MHjr ahead of most other WRs without knowing his situation. If you like stability of the known, I’m guessing you don’t move players for picks until after the nfl draft, but in many cases I’m fine doing so before the nfl draft happens/finishes.
Can I ask your top 12 2024 rookies?
No. Jk, absolutely. Here’s 13 guys I’d for sure at this moment prefer taking the risk on over Trey. And remember I’m not say they’ll all out produce him, or end up being better, like you said some miss, but there’s also guys outside of the 1st round that will likely end up more valuable than him, just like some of these guys won’t be. Also, just as some situations bump guys down, other situations will bump others (maybe not even in this list), way up, such that when it’s my turn to draft at 1.11etc. they may be more desirable than these guys.

Not my exact order, but here’s a 13 guys I’d take over him.
MHjr
Nabers
Brock
Egbuka
Odunze
Coleman
Henderson
Franklin
Allen
Worthy
Corum
C Williams
R Sanders
Last edited by Jrblaha on Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:20 am

wickerkat1212 wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:17 am
Jigga94 wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:13 am

I also snagged him in a redraft where I have Kelce and plan to flex him even though I am usually against starting 2 TE. I have limited options at Flex (M. Wilson, Wan'dale, trash RB) and McBride is pretty much a lock for 6+ targets. Target Quality also improves with Kyler back.

With your deeper starting requirements (especially for a redraft) I would be starting him with confidence, unless your RB4 or WR5 is somehow better...
Thanks. Yeah, right now it's McBride vs Hubbard, Allgeier, Rondale, or KJO for that final flex. I think he starts over them all in a 1 PPR league.
Easily McBride

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:28 am

Jrblaha wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:20 am
Jrblaha wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 10:58 am

I have 12 rookies above McBride without knowing their situation the same way I have MHjr ahead of most other WRs without knowing his situation. If you like stability of the known, I’m guessing you don’t move players for picks until after the nfl draft, but in many cases I’m fine doing so before the nfl draft happens/finishes.
No. Jk, absolutely. Here’s 13 guys I’d for sure at this moment prefer taking the risk on over Trey. And remember I’m not say they’ll all out produce him, or end up being better, like you said some miss, but there’s also guys outside of the 1st round that will likely end up more valuable than him, just like some of these guys won’t be. Also, just as some situations bump guys down, other situations will bump others (maybe not even in this list), way up, such that when it’s my turn to draft at 1.11etc. they may be more desirable than these guys.

Not my order, but here’s a 13 guys I’d take over him.
MHjr
Nabers
Brock
Egbuka
Odunze
Coleman
Henderson
Franklin
Allen
Worthy
Corum
C Williams
R Sanders
Totally agree with the fact that you don't need to have 12 rookies over x player right now to trade that player for a 1st. I was discussing this with London recently. While I think he is more valuable than anyone not named MHJ, Bowers or Nabers, I could see myself moving him for the 1.05 or something before the draft hype rolls in.

For McBride, I would probably slot him before or in that Franklin/Allen/Worthy area. If I could snag a mid 1st for McBride though and possibly hit on a Coleman or RB1 of the class, I am doing it. Not sure if I see enough players rising up beyond that to send away McBride for a late 1st in 1QB. Would rather just ride it out at that point.

Jrblaha
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Jrblaha » Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:33 am

Jigga94 wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:28 am
Jrblaha wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:20 am

Not my order, but here’s a 13 guys I’d take over him.
MHjr
Nabers
Brock
Egbuka
Odunze
Coleman
Henderson
Franklin
Allen
Worthy
Corum
C Williams
R Sanders
Totally agree with the fact that you don't need to have 12 rookies over x player right now to trade that player for a 1st. I was discussing this with London recently. While I think he is more valuable than anyone not named MHJ, Bowers or Nabers, I could see myself moving him for the 1.05 or something before the draft hype rolls in.

For McBride, I would probably slot him before or in that Franklin/Allen/Worthy area. If I could snag a mid 1st for McBride though and possibly hit on a Coleman or RB1 of the class, I am doing it. Not sure if I see enough players rising up beyond that to send away McBride for a late 1st in 1QB. Would rather just ride it out at that point.
Completely get that perspective, and makes sense. I just look at Pt differentials between starters and I’d rather take a shot at a rb or wr if they could be elite then hold the te. But if Trey becomes a yearly big pt differential te, his value will eclipse a late 1st. It’s all a risk, just depends on your projections to help decide what risk ya wanna take.

Ryantacular
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Ryantacular » Wed Nov 15, 2023 12:15 pm

ITT: A ton of people playing in leagues without TE premium scoring (which should be a must in any league) arguing with the seasoned dynasty owners in leagues that have premium TE scoring. If your league doesn't have TE premium scoring or 2 TE start (or both) you need to push for it.

Jrblaha
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Jrblaha » Wed Nov 15, 2023 12:49 pm

Ryantacular wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 12:15 pm ITT: A ton of people playing in leagues without TE premium scoring (which should be a must in any league) arguing with the seasoned dynasty owners in leagues that have premium TE scoring. If your league doesn't have TE premium scoring or 2 TE start (or both) you need to push for it.
A lot of us are disagreeing with same league settings (of 1QB) as well. I’m in leagues with varying levels of TE premium, and don’t really have a preference, but don’t think I’d like a mandatory start 2 TEs roster setup.

Shcritters
MVP
MVP

Postby Shcritters » Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:27 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:13 am

You've answered your own question. He was just waiting for Ertz to get out of the way.
I thought that the Cardinals were going to try to feature Ertz early and often to try to move him by the trade deadline to a contender (contract up next year) and then the back-half of the season would be McBride's. Turned out Ertz got hurt... and the breakout happened earlier than expected.

I think he goes down slightly in value once Ertz gets back because they'll rotate them, but once Ertz is gone next year he's easily a TE1, with top 6 upside.

FWIW, I play in a very TE Prem league (1.5 ppr, 1.5/10 yds receiving) where people don't trade TE's. I took McBride at 1.08 last year, right before Olave went at 1.09 (remember Olave wasn't what he is now then). It looked foolish for about a year... but with what's happening now it's probably about even, and if this continues I'd probably want McBride over Olave (positional scarcity). Additionally, this year in that league Kincaid went 1.03, Mayer went 1.10, LaPorta went 1.11, and Musgrave went 1.12. All that's a really long way of saying that in TE Prem TE's are absolutely worth 1sts.
Gopher Two
PPR SF, WR & TE Premium (WR 1.2 PPR , TE 1.5 PPR), 10 total starters, 1 QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Mahomes, Prescott, Mayfield
RB: Hall, Pacheco, Jacobs, Connor, Chubb, Mattison
WR: Tyreek, AJ Brown, Flowers, CSutton, JJeudy, Slayton, Iosivas
TE: McBride, DSchultz, Musgrave, Kraft, MGesicki
2024: 1.02, 2.02
2022 and 2023 League Champ

SafeLeague #1 (12 team, SF, 2.0 PPR TE Prem). 10 total starters 1 QB, 1SF (QB/TE/RB/WR), 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Caleb, Purdy, Levis, Penix
RB: Pacheco, Estime, Vaughn
WR: Nabers, Coleman, Downs, EMoore, Jeudy, Burton, MMims, MWilson
TE: Hock, Kincaid, Pitts, Sinnott, Mayer
2025: 3 1sts, 2 2nds, 2 3rds, 2 4ths

SafeLeague #2
QB: Caleb, Richardson, Purdy, JJMcCarthy
RB: literal ZERO RB (for now)
WR: Nabers, Worthy, McConkey, Brian Thomas Jr, Pearsall, Mims, Burton, Mingo, Toney, Skyy, Iosivas
TE: LaPorta, Kincaid, McBride, Bowers, Mayer, Musgrave, Schoonmaker
2025: 3 1sts, 2 2nds

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Nov 27, 2023 11:36 am

The guy is a really good football player. He's a guy that just plays so hard, you can tell he loves the game. Fun player to watch. Kyler seems to like going his way, too.
Janiel Dones Truther

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Shcritters
MVP
MVP

Postby Shcritters » Mon Nov 27, 2023 12:21 pm

TE10 on the year (slightly misleading as he hasn't had his bye yet) and TE2 over the last 5 weeks. Really the only bright spot in that offense this year.
Gopher Two
PPR SF, WR & TE Premium (WR 1.2 PPR , TE 1.5 PPR), 10 total starters, 1 QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex

SafeLeague #1 (12 team, SF, 2.0 PPR TE Prem). 10 total starters 1 QB, 1SF (QB/TE/RB/WR), 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex

SafeLeague #2
WR: Nabers, Worthy, McConkey, Brian Thomas Jr, Pearsall, Mims, Burton, Mingo, Toney, Skyy, Iosivas

Shcritters
MVP
MVP

Postby Shcritters » Thu Nov 30, 2023 12:14 pm

Shcritters wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:27 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:13 am

I thought that the Cardinals were going to try to feature Ertz early and often to try to move him by the trade deadline to a contender (contract up next year) and then the back-half of the season would be McBride's. Turned out Ertz got hurt... and the breakout happened earlier than expected.

I think he goes down slightly in value once Ertz gets back because they'll rotate them, but once Ertz is gone next year he's easily a TE1, with top 6 upside.

FWIW, I play in a very TE Prem league (1.5 ppr, 1.5/10 yds receiving) where people don't trade TE's. I took McBride at 1.08 last year, right before Olave went at 1.09 (remember Olave wasn't what he is now then). It looked foolish for about a year... but with what's happening now it's probably about even, and if this continues I'd probably want McBride over Olave (positional scarcity). Additionally, this year in that league Kincaid went 1.03, Mayer went 1.10, LaPorta went 1.11, and Musgrave went 1.12. All that's a really long way of saying that in TE Prem TE's are absolutely worth 1sts.
It’s happening… Ertz released

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/390 ... ked-let-go
Gopher Two

SafeLeague #2

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Thu Nov 30, 2023 12:40 pm

Yep. Wish I had more shares.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, BENSON (R), Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, POLK (R), CORLEY (R), COWING (R), Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, TJOHNSON (R), Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, RATTLER (R) RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Mostert, BRob, ESTIME (R) WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Lockett, Myers, COWING (R), MWASHINGTON (R) TE—Kmet, Kraft, SANDERS (R), Conklin, Hurst PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: MAYE (R), Goff, Cousins, PENIX (R), Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: HARRISON (R), DJM, Higgins, JSN, BTHOMAS (R), Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, DPJ, Devante TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Nov 30, 2023 1:27 pm

He may not play this week. Not practicing, and a bye next week. Don't be surprised if he sits, and gets a few weeks to recover (groin).
Janiel Dones Truther

hoos89
Legend
Legend

Postby hoos89 » Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:20 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 1:27 pm He may not play this week. Not practicing, and a bye next week. Don't be surprised if he sits, and gets a few weeks to recover (groin).
And here I thought it was overkill to have Andrews, McBride and Engram on one team.
Team 1: 2012-2016
2013 Champion, 2012 Runner-Up

Team 2: 12 Team PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 R/W/T, 23 man rosters, est. 2016
2021 Champion, 2020 Runner-up
Tua, Purdy, Rodgers, Geno, Carr
JT, Javonte, Chubb, Ekeler, Mostert, Chuba, D. Harris, M. Carter, J. Hill, Spiller
Chase, Lamb, Amon-Ra, Aiyuk, DJM, Dell, M. Williams
Andrews, McBride, Engram
IR(3):
Taxi(4): J. Palmer, Tolbert, T. Palmer
2024 Picks: 3, 4, 5

Team 3: 12 Team PPR, 6 pt Pass TD - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 3 R/W/T, 28 man rosters, est. 2019
2021 Champion, 2022 Runner-up
Jackson, Love, Tannehill, Z. Wilson
Barkley, Mixon, Mostert, J. Wilson, CEH, Gaskin, J. Hill
J. Jefferson, Diggs, Waddle, Evans, Metcalf, Sutton, R. Moore, Slayton, Berrios, Carter, Dortch, Powell, Raymond
Kelce, Pitts, Dissly, Hooper