Rookie WR Production 2023

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Rookie WR Production 2023

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sat Oct 14, 2023 8:19 am

In case people don't want to look at the other longer section, here are the updated hit rates after I've went through each player individually to make sure they qualify for the sample (yes, this took a while).

67+ (10 total) (9 Stud) (1 Bust)
90% Stud
0% Good
90% Good or Better
10% Bust

57-66 (14 total) (7 Stud) (3 Good) (4 Bust)
50% Stud
21% Good
71% Good or Better
29% Bust

47-56 (29 Total) (10 Studs) (12 Good) (7 Bust)
34% Stud
41% Good
76% Good or Better
24% Bust

37-46 [39 Total] (5 Stud) (5 Good) (29 Bust)
13% Stud
13% Good
26% Good or Better
74% Bust

27-36 [61 Total] (8 Stud) (5 Good) (48 Bust)
13% Stud
8% Good
21% Good or Better
79% Bust

gpaok
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby gpaok » Sat Oct 14, 2023 6:18 pm

After how many years do you update the statistics? For example have you taken 2021 rookies and put them in a hit or bust category for Bateman or Elijah?
10 team Dynasty Superflex, 1 PPR, 20 + 3 IR player roster
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, SFlex, Flex, DEF

QB: Patrick Mahomes, Lamar Jackson, Josh Allen
RB: Nick Chubb, J.K. Dobbins, Travis Etienne, Rhamondre Stevenson, Rachaad White, Khalil Herbert, Tank Bigsby, Jaylen Warren, Jerome Ford, Kyren Williams, Tank Bigsby
WR: Amari Cooper, CeeDee Lamb, Ja’Marr Chase, Calvin Ridley, Tank Dell
TE:T.J. Hockenson, Trey McBride, Jake Ferguson

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sat Oct 14, 2023 8:05 pm

gpaok wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 6:18 pm After how many years do you update the statistics? For example have you taken 2021 rookies and put them in a hit or bust category for Bateman or Elijah?
It’s really way too early. Some players don’t break out until year 5 or 6. I was still getting new goods and new studs just a year or two ago for the 2014/2015 class. I will start looking into adding some years next year potentially.

gpaok
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby gpaok » Sun Oct 15, 2023 1:03 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 8:05 pm
gpaok wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 6:18 pm After how many years do you update the statistics? For example have you taken 2021 rookies and put them in a hit or bust category for Bateman or Elijah?
It’s really way too early. Some players don’t break out until year 5 or 6. I was still getting new goods and new studs just a year or two ago for the 2014/2015 class. I will start looking into adding some years next year potentially.
I assumed so, just didn’t know what years have been added so far! Thanks! I also wonder if the more recent classes qualify as studs sooner (with people like Chase, Jefferson)

RB: Nick Chubb, J.K. Dobbins, Travis Etienne, Rhamondre Stevenson, Rachaad White, Khalil Herbert, Tank Bigsby, Jaylen Warren, Jerome Ford, Kyren Williams, Tank Bigsby

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Oct 15, 2023 3:37 am

Hopefully my post from a day ago with 2016-2018 helps a bit. Only a handful of WR were in the 47+ tiers

gpaok
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby gpaok » Sun Oct 15, 2023 10:47 am

Jigga94 wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 3:37 am
Hopefully my post from a day ago with 2016-2018 helps a bit. Only a handful of WR were in the 47+ tiers
Your post was also very helpful for sure!!

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Mon Oct 16, 2023 8:04 am

I usually never go on Reddit, but was bored today. Seeing the way the DynastyFF subreddit talks about having to hold onto the Burks and Dotsons of the world is hilarious. And how not to worry if your favorite rookie wr isn’t doing anything, that you’re a moron to be concerned. It’s like they’re all still living in the Stone Age.

Mike11
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Mike11 » Mon Oct 16, 2023 8:26 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 8:04 am I usually never go on Reddit, but was bored today. Seeing the way the DynastyFF subreddit talks about having to hold onto the Burks and Dotsons of the world is hilarious. And how not to worry if your favorite rookie wr isn’t doing anything, that you’re a moron to be concerned. It’s like they’re all still living in the Stone Age.
People forget there is an aspect to fantasy football that revolves around hope. People can't admit that those guys are sinking assets because some of them paid to get them and have to believe these is a chance they will turn around. They're cooked assets, no one will pay for them and you can't cut them. Basically worst position to be in.
League Established in 2014

2015 League Champion
2017 League Champion
2018 League Champion
2022 League Champion

10 Team 20 Keeper League Non ppr

Starters in Bold

QB Justin Herbert, Lamar Jackson Aaron Rodgers, Russel Wilson
RB Chubb, JT Javonte Williams, De’Von Achane
Flex Ekeler, Etienne
WR AJB, Stefon Diggs, Jaylen Waddle Mike Williams, Treylon Burks, Amari Rodgers, Nico Collins, Diontae Johnson, Mingo, Burks, Tillman, Batemen
TE TJ Hockenson Higbee Hurst

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Oct 16, 2023 8:29 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 8:04 am I usually never go on Reddit, but was bored today. Seeing the way the DynastyFF subreddit talks about having to hold onto the Burks and Dotsons of the world is hilarious. And how not to worry if your favorite rookie wr isn’t doing anything, that you’re a moron to be concerned. It’s like they’re all still living in the Stone Age.
Reddit itself doesn't favor the dynasty format as everything on reddit is old after 12 hours. So you get a new thread every day of "How are we feeling about JSN?"

BabyChark23
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BabyChark23 » Mon Oct 16, 2023 8:31 am

To be fair, I think Burks is a hold right now. Not because he’s ever going to be a stud, but because, atleast in my leagues, no one is paying anything for him. If I could get a 2nd or could pair him with something to get a reliable piece, I’d do it. But no one is biting. I guess what I’m saying is that he’s “stuck” on my roster more so than that he’s a “hold”.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:35 am

Mike11 wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 8:26 am
People forget there is an aspect to fantasy football that revolves around hope. People can't admit that those guys are sinking assets because some of them paid to get them and have to believe these is a chance they will turn around. They're cooked assets, no one will pay for them and you can't cut them. Basically worst position to be in.
To be fair.. Burks did hit some decent efficiency miles stones his rookie year and has mostly disappointed this season because he's only played one game, when the Titan's offense was putrid, playing behind Hopkins.

I have a lot more hope for Burks turning things around than Dotson -- who has done jack diddly for 6 weeks and seems to have been passed on the depth chart by Curtis Samuel.

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:39 am

Sriracha wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:35 am
Mike11 wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 8:26 am
To be fair.. Burks did hit some decent efficiency miles stones his rookie year and has mostly disappointed this season because he's only played one game, when the Titan's offense was putrid, playing behind Hopkins.

I have a lot more hope for Burks turning things around than Dotson -- who has done jack diddly for 6 weeks and seems to have been passed on the depth chart by Curtis Samuel.
That's the thing with Dotson

People blaming Howell like the team doesn't have the 6th most passing yards in the league before questioning if Dotson is just not the guy they thought he was if he can't outproduce Logan Thomas

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:44 am

StripesOfKC wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:39 am That's the thing with Dotson

People blaming Howell like the team doesn't have the 6th most passing yards in the league before questioning if Dotson is just not the guy they thought he was if he can't outproduce Logan Thomas
The Dotson love is perplexing.

His fans aren't even holding out hope that he turns things around -- they straight up just think he's a stud based on highlights and Matt Harmon steaming him up on reception perception and are jumping through hoops to make excuses for his complete lack of production.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:51 am

StripesOfKC wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:39 am
That's the thing with Dotson

Catchable target rate (before Sunday and according to Player Profiler):

Thomas - 88.2%
Samuel - 85.2%
McLaurin - 83.9%
Dotson - 60%

I have no idea why this is the way that it is, but it's really intriguing. I watched the Atlanta/Washington game yesterday and saw a bad drop from Dotson on a wide open pass. I'm pretty sure that was his only target of the game.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Oct 16, 2023 12:42 pm

2022 WR class is definitely taking some hits on value. Last year's report led you to holding onto Olave, Wilson, London and Pickens, which so far looks great. All of them are putting up similar or better numbers this year, with very suspect QB play between all of them.

1st rd:
Dotson and Burks are the 2 main ones. They were close to hitting the 47 ypg threshold, but both had PFF ratings below 75. Both have fallen down dynasty ranks rapidly.
TBD on Jamo I suppose. He's a big play waiting to happen, but need to see it consistently

2nd rd:
Watson, similar to Burks/Dotson, barely missed the ypg threshold, but did have a better PFF rating. Coming back from injury, so TBD for now, but I think he ends up being a hit
The other 2nd rounders not mentioned yet are all close to toast. Wandale and Skyy may be good situational players, but don't see it happening for fantasy. Metchie/Thornton/Pierce are easily toast.

Next highest in terms of YPG last year was Shaheed. I love him as a player, but have to temper expectations as he's also more of a role player in his offense. Still, he is set to beat last year's numbers and has had some nice weeks. Better in bestball

Next next highest was Doubs. Never really saw it with this guy last year, but I think he's improved a little. Still don't think he's long for the starting role and GB will continue to develop and draft players over the next few years. I see Doubs being filtered out sooner than later. Reed is more talented imo.