You Should Be Up on Josh Downs

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: You Should Be Up on Josh Downs

Postby Vcize » Mon May 08, 2023 8:35 am

MFundercover wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 11:42 pm Havent read the whole thread but heres my 2 cents.

Undersized receiver tied to a raw passing quarterback. Even if Richardson hits I dont see him supporting multiple fantasy WRs, especially on what should be a running team. And with the size concerns hes also going to have to win releases to get open and beat the nfl press.

It's not impossible, but I feel like theres a lot going against him. I'm out on his current peice/adp.
Agreed.

I've been wrong before, but I just don't see a path to fantasy relevance here.

Forget separation, Richardson struggles completing these kind of passes even when players are literally uncovered. I understand the comps to what the Eagles are doing but Richardson was just nowhere near as proficient as Hurts as a passer coming out of college. And it pains me to say that, since as a Gators homer and Eastside high guy I've never wanted anyone to succeed more than Richardson.

Richardson will never be Hurts. His best case pie in the sky scenario is Lamar Jackson and it's not like Lamar has come anywhere close to supporting someone in this kind of role.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Mon May 08, 2023 9:04 am

murphysxm wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 2:35 pm
wickerkat1212 wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 10:19 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 9:58 am

I'm a big proponent of metrics like FPPA. That's fantasy points per article.
LOL I'm just saying, they're already gelling.
No, they are trying. The throws in the parking lot was for 5 minutes. We are still in lying season.
you have chosen a three wood. may I suggest a putter? three wood.
now enter the force of your swing. i suggest feather touch.
you have entered: power drive.
the ball is in... parking lot. would you like to play again?
you have selected: no.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon May 08, 2023 9:10 am

killer_of_giants wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 9:04 am
murphysxm wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 2:35 pm
wickerkat1212 wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 10:19 am

LOL I'm just saying, they're already gelling.
No, they are trying. The throws in the parking lot was for 5 minutes. We are still in lying season.
you have chosen a three wood. may I suggest a putter? three wood.
now enter the force of your swing. i suggest feather touch.
you have entered: power drive.
the ball is in... parking lot. would you like to play again?
you have selected: no.
:lol: Good ole Lee.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Mon May 08, 2023 5:28 pm

Got Downs at 3.01 in Superflex. Stoked. So far my only share.
D3:
QB—Allen, JJM RB—Gibbs, Kamara, Jacobs, LLOYD, Zamir, Edwards, Ford, Warren, McLaughlin WR—MHJ, Lamb, Olave, DJM, Shaheed, RICE, VJefferson TE—Engram, Muth, Washington, Kraft, THEO PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, BENSON, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, POLK, CORLEY, COWING, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, TJOHNSON, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, RATTLER RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Mostert, BRob, ESTIME WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Lockett, Myers, COWING, MWASHINGTON TE—Kmet, Kraft, SANDERS, Conklin, Hurst PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: MAYE, Goff, Cousins, PENIX RB: Bijan, BRob, Zamir, Allgeier, McLaughlin, Hull WR: HARRISON, DJM, Higgins, JSN, BTHOMAS, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, COWING, Reynolds TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Hurst, WILEY, Trautman, Tremble, Dissly, Reiman

mild
Legend
Legend

Re: You Should Be Down on Josh Downs

Postby mild » Tue May 09, 2023 4:27 pm

Vcize wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 8:35 am Forget separation, Richardson struggles completing these kind of passes even when players are literally uncovered. I understand the comps to what the Eagles are doing but Richardson was just nowhere near as proficient as Hurts as a passer coming out of college. And it pains me to say that, since as a Gators homer and Eastside high guy I've never wanted anyone to succeed more than Richardson.
Bang on.

"You should be Down on Josh Downs" has a ring to it too.

"Not the best fit"

I love Downs' analytical profile and film... but there is cause here for concern.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Re: You Should Be Down on Josh Downs

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue May 09, 2023 4:57 pm

mild wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 4:27 pm
Vcize wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 8:35 am Forget separation, Richardson struggles completing these kind of passes even when players are literally uncovered. I understand the comps to what the Eagles are doing but Richardson was just nowhere near as proficient as Hurts as a passer coming out of college. And it pains me to say that, since as a Gators homer and Eastside high guy I've never wanted anyone to succeed more than Richardson.
Bang on.

"You should be Down on Josh Downs" has a ring to it too.

"Not the best fit"

I love Downs' analytical profile and film... but there is cause here for concern.
I think if you have no belief that Richardson develops as a passer in the short to intermediate field, then it's very valid. But, the offense won't work unless he does develops there.

68% of Hurts passes were for less than 10 yards last year. Hurts improved his accuracy in the 0-9 yard range each season under Shane Steichen, completing 74% of his passes in 2021 and nearly 80% of his passes last year in this range.

2020: Herbert had 126 completions to running backs led the NFL in 2020; 44 of those completions resulted in first downs, also the most in the league. And about one in every four times Herbert targeted a running back, it was on play-action.

The offense is all about taking layups and building up to the home runs that a player like Richardson can make.

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Fri May 12, 2023 8:27 pm

Appreciate Killa Cam and his write ups. His WR analysis is one of my go-to resources here. Ended up landing Addison, Mims, Downs & Rice as a rebuiler. Pretty pumped about it.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Nix
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, Connor, Benson
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Woods

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Aug 20, 2023 10:55 am

3 months later, and it looks like Downs is in position to start after playing ahead of McKenzie yesterday in the slot.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Sun Aug 20, 2023 7:34 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 10:55 am 3 months later, and it looks like Downs is in position to start after playing ahead of McKenzie yesterday in the slot.
I like it. Got a few shares of Downs. Really like him a lot.
D3:
QB—Allen, JJM RB—Gibbs, Kamara, Jacobs, LLOYD, Zamir, Edwards, Ford, Warren, McLaughlin WR—MHJ, Lamb, Olave, DJM, Shaheed, RICE, VJefferson TE—Engram, Muth, Washington, Kraft, THEO PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, BENSON, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, POLK, CORLEY, COWING, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, TJOHNSON, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, RATTLER RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Mostert, BRob, ESTIME WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Lockett, Myers, COWING, MWASHINGTON TE—Kmet, Kraft, SANDERS, Conklin, Hurst PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: MAYE, Goff, Cousins, PENIX RB: Bijan, BRob, Zamir, Allgeier, McLaughlin, Hull WR: HARRISON, DJM, Higgins, JSN, BTHOMAS, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, COWING, Reynolds TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Hurst, WILEY, Trautman, Tremble, Dissly, Reiman

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Sep 11, 2023 9:05 am

7 targets, 78% snap share, 3 receptions yesterday. Love the type of usage he got early in the game yesterday and the potential matchup advantages he's going to have in the slot.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Mon Sep 11, 2023 9:28 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 9:05 am 7 targets, 78% snap share, 3 receptions yesterday. Love the type of usage he got early in the game yesterday and the potential matchup advantages he's going to have in the slot.
Right on. Love my shares, especially late 2nd, early 3rd.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Sep 24, 2023 5:36 pm

Continuing his progression. 8/57 today on 12 targets. Becoming a big safety blanket on third down and has locked down the #2 role on the Colts.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Sun Sep 24, 2023 5:42 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 5:36 pm Continuing his progression. 8/57 today on 12 targets. Becoming a big safety blanket on third down and has locked down the #2 role on the Colts.
Love it. I have a few shares that I got late 2nd. early 3rd.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:05 pm

I'm taking Mims over him easily, he could be a real difference maker. He's just a big play waiting to happen, and we don't have to wait long. Downs is solid, but in your OP, I think Mims was the guy out of all these. Time will tell, but still taking Mims now, and then.

FWIW, I want to make sure credit is due, I had all these WR's as good players too, you did a really good analysis, not trying to take away from that. Mims is just younger, and more explosive. He's showing he is a big time play maker in the NFL in the first month of his age 21 season.

Downs looks like a good solid PPR option. It was a nice pick by the Colts, they really knew what they were looking for to compliment what they already had on the roster.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:32 pm

Mims and Reed getting higher draft pedigree was surprising to me, but overall all three are very good players that I don't think you can go wrong with. They've all flashed well so far through three games, though I think Downs is floating under the radar a little more.