General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Ice
Legend
Legend

Re: 2023 Injury Thread

Postby Ice » Thu Jun 15, 2023 9:32 am

Jigga94 wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 6:18 am
Ice wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 6:10 am
Jigga94 wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 5:47 am Definitely sounded like a minor thing related to the previous injury. Similar to Dobbins clean up last year. People will drop him lower due to the news, but its really nothing concerning... yet...
Never really got the Bateman love. Outside of an age advantage he might be as good as Michael Gallup and will probably also be the 3rd wheel WR this season on his team if healthy.
I mean, he was a solid prospect, but obviously that shine has faded after 2 seasons of injuries, bad passing offense and Lamar injuries.

I like the direction the offense is headed, but they've added a lot of WR talent so Bateman could easily be the odd man out
Don't disagree as a NFL prospect but he never really had elite cuts out of breaks IMO. Gallup wasn't a slight but he looks better suited as a WR2 on a team, not a WR1. Always lacked versatility IMO and better DB's can handle him pretty easily. That was also a knock in college if memory serves.

Hope he isn't injured bad and the good news he won't be doubled with the improvements made at WR by the Ravens.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Thu Jun 15, 2023 11:38 am

dynastyninja wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 6:25 am
Jigga94 wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 5:47 am Definitely sounded like a minor thing related to the previous injury. Similar to Dobbins clean up last year. People will drop him lower due to the news, but its really nothing concerning... yet...
Never really got the Bateman love. Outside of an age advantage he might be as good as Michael Gallup and will probably also be the 3rd wheel WR this season on his team if healthy.
The tape he put out in the NFL has me completely sold on his ability. Health is the question.
Agreed here. Bateman pops just about any way you want to look at him, if you're looking at what he can do when healthy. (And there's the rub)

Has the upside to be a true X receiver for the offense.

Last year, in that first month (Weeks 1-4) before the Ravens wheels fell off (and he was shut down) he was on a tear:

19.5% target share
30.1% air yard share
4th in YPRR behind only Tyreek, Waddle, & AJB
1st in YAC per rec TIED with Deebo

Not sure how anyone sees this and thinks "meh" but to each their own.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Jun 15, 2023 11:57 am

mild wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 11:38 am

The tape he put out in the NFL has me completely sold on his ability. Health is the question.
Agreed here. Bateman pops just about any way you want to look at him, if you're looking at what he can do when healthy. (And there's the rub)

Last year, in that first month (Weeks 1-4) before the Ravens wheels fell off (and he was shut down) he was on a tear:

19.5% target share
30.1% air yard share

That 4th in YPRR is pretty funny to me. They were hardly using him (or any WR for that matter) last year, which was maddening.

Batemans snap share by week. 66%, 61%, 62%, 44%. In fact, the only BAL WR last year to play in >80% snap shares? Duvernay in weeks 11 and 13. Yuck.

This team is going to pass more and utilize their WR wayyy more. Of course, it's now Flowers and OBJ to compete with instead of Robinson, Proche and DeSean Jackson, but Bateman has been with Lamar the longest and I think he has the clear shot at WR1 to start.

This is outside of the stud Andrews of course, who should still get his.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Thu Jun 15, 2023 12:18 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 11:57 am That 4th in YPRR is pretty funny to me. They were hardly using him (or any WR for that matter) last year, which was maddening.
How is that funny though my guy? It's not like that's a stat getting funge'd by his lower snap share.

If anything, it suggests that whenever he was out there - he commanded the ball, and was wildly efficient.

With what Comrade Monken is looking to do with the offense, it portends good things - health willing, of course.

(But we can pick this up in the Rashod 4.39man thread if we really wanna get into it)

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Jun 15, 2023 12:25 pm

mild wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 12:18 pm
Jigga94 wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 11:57 am That 4th in YPRR is pretty funny to me. They were hardly using him (or any WR for that matter) last year, which was maddening.
How is that funny though my guy? It's not like that's a stat getting funge'd by his lower snap share.

If anything, it suggests that whenever he was out there - he commanded the ball, and was wildly efficient.

With what Comrade Monken is looking to do with the offense, it portends good things - health willing, of course.

(But we can pick this up in the Rashod 4.39man thread if we really wanna get into it)
Funny as in painful for having to be a fan of an offense led by G-Ro.

I'm agreeing with you, not dismissing the stat. Give your playmakers the ball and good things tend to happen. I was always floored they were only giving Bateman 60% of snaps. Which was less than Ricard and about the same as Robinson and Duvernay in those first 4 weeks. I would understand it if you had Jefferson or Chase alongside him. Nothing like taking your best WR off the field to run out DRob, Ricard, and Josh Oliver/Likely.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Thu Jun 15, 2023 12:59 pm

mild wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 11:38 am

19.5% target share
30.1% air yard share

Incredibly small sample size. A lot of players look good college. His lateral quickness was never great.

Don’t dislike him but he simply hasn’t shown elite traits in his route acumen and now he has to deal with Beckham, Flowers, and a couple TE’s.

His value is taking a hit beyond an injury. I highly doubt he will be their first Pro Bowl WR.

He will be a fine NFL WR but fantasy wise is the real question IMO
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Thu Jun 15, 2023 2:24 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 12:25 pm Funny as in painful for having to be a fan of an offense led by G-Ro.

I'm agreeing with you, not dismissing the stat. Give your playmakers the ball and good things tend to happen. I was always floored they were only giving Bateman 60% of snaps. Which was less than Ricard and about the same as Robinson and Duvernay in those first 4 weeks. I would understand it if you had Jefferson or Chase alongside him. Nothing like taking your best WR off the field to run out DRob, Ricard, and Josh Oliver/Likely.
Ahh right, I thought so - we're on the same page. 8-)

re. the snap share stuff... how much do you think that was them trying to load-manage him? I seem to recall him never really being fully healthy at any point last season, and then the Lisfranc pretty much ending it.

I'm glad you guys finally got that ridiculous Strength coach fired, at least.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Jun 15, 2023 5:15 pm

mild wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 2:24 pm
Jigga94 wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 12:25 pm Funny as in painful for having to be a fan of an offense led by G-Ro.

Ahh right, I thought so - we're on the same page. 8-)

re. the snap share stuff... how much do you think that was them trying to load-manage him? I seem to recall him never really being fully healthy at any point last season, and then the Lisfranc pretty much ending it.

I'm glad you guys finally got that ridiculous Strength coach fired, at least.
Nice job bringing it back on topic :clap:

Hmm I think he was mostly healthy to start 2022, there were big expectations for him after he closed off his rookie season pretty well. He had issues that caused him to miss start of his rookie year of course.

But looking at stuff from August and September in 2022 all I can see is some of him sitting out preseason practice. Harbaugh references soft tissue but nothing serious. Then he missed a practice around week 3 for personal reasons but until week 4 he was healthy, just playing limited snaps (and doing the best he could with them)

frerichs5
MVP
MVP

Postby frerichs5 » Sun Jul 23, 2023 10:22 am

Unfortunately it’s the time of year I’m sure this thread will be getting more posts.

Sounds like Kadarius Toney tweaked his knee today and left practice.

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:18 pm

Cleveland Browns WR Amari Cooper (undisclosed) is sidelined with an undisclosed injury, but it is not related to his core muscle surgery, according to general manager Andrew Berry.

BabyChark23
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BabyChark23 » Sun Jul 23, 2023 1:54 pm

frerichs5 wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 10:22 am Unfortunately it’s the time of year I’m sure this thread will be getting more posts.

Sounds like Kadarius Toney tweaked his knee today and left practice.
I, for one, am shocked. Shocked!!!

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Jul 23, 2023 3:30 pm

Something legitimately shocking: Javonte Williams is set to start camp NOT on the PUP list.
#broncos RB Javonte Williams will not start training camp on PUP I’m told. It had been pointing in that direction all off season, and the team officially has decided he won’t start on PUP. A great sign for his chances Week 1
For the latest recipient of "the Dobbins injury" (multi-ligament / torn ACL + meniscus tear) and someone I think a lot of us have (rightly) faded based on the track record of that injury... is this dude really going to out-recover Breece Hall?! :shock:

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Jul 23, 2023 3:33 pm

mild wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 3:30 pm Something legitimately shocking: Javonte Williams is set to start camp NOT on the PUP list.
#broncos RB Javonte Williams will not start training camp on PUP I’m told. It had been pointing in that direction all off season, and the team officially has decided he won’t start on PUP. A great sign for his chances Week 1
For the latest recipient of "the Dobbins injury" (multi-ligament / torn ACL + meniscus tear) and someone I think a lot of us have (rightly) faded based on the track record of that injury... is this dude really going to out-recover Breece Hall?! :shock:
I am not convinced Dobbins is hurt. He wants to be paid, before risking himself this year. That's the rumour, anyway. He was outspoken about wanting an extension.

As for Javonte, that's good, I guess, but what will he look like?

https://twitter.com/DrJesseMorse/status ... 2591814656

https://twitter.com/PFF_Fantasy/status/ ... 8843302925

Still got the brace, and have to think he won't be doing full go stuff for a bit yet. Doesn't look like he's in the greatest shape, which is understandable.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Jul 23, 2023 4:00 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 3:33 pm I am not convinced Dobbins is hurt. He wants to be paid, before risking himself this year. That's the rumour, anyway. He was outspoken about wanting an extension.
I'll play the guessing game with you. I was actually wondering if it was the other way - is he masking an injury on *another* clean-up surgery by staying away and letting people guess that it's his contract? He's been kind of vague either way, right...

I guess we'll know pretty soon - Ravens Vets are to report to camp by July 25.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Sun Jul 23, 2023 5:33 pm

mild wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 3:30 pm Something legitimately shocking: Javonte Williams is set to start camp NOT on the PUP list.
We’ve seen plenty of running backs try to rush back, look mediocre for a year (or get another injury) and then recover their value the following year. Williams returning early doesn’t mean much to me at this point.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker