2023 Bad Trade Offers

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Re: 2023 Bad Trade Offers

Postby FiremanEd » Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:48 pm

Not sure why the question is ‘what has he done to move up 3 spots?’. They are two different classes. You can value him against the talent in the class, not some artificial ADP from rookie drafts a year ago.

Regardless, the simple answer is that he got a year to get healthy. That combined with his Bilitnikoff Award and high draft capital (despite injury!) speak to the perceived talent level.

Do I think he’s worth 1.03? No, just because I’m not bullish on him. I would take Bijan/JSN/Gibbs over him. That said, from there, I can see people’s debate. I still wouldn’t put him as 1.04 myself, as I’d rather hold the pick and maintain the flexibility, but I can see logic why someone would.

In 1QB I wouldn’t put it as a standout BAD offer. It’s above his value IMO, but not THAT far off where I think people definitely are considering him (at least his supporters, of which I’ve seen a few). It’s a reach offer to cap his worth though for sure.

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:25 pm

FiremanEd wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:48 pm Not sure why the question is ‘what has he done to move up 3 spots?’. They are two different classes. You can value him against the talent in the class, not some artificial ADP from rookie drafts a year ago.

Regardless, the simple answer is that he got a year to get healthy. That combined with his Bilitnikoff Award and high draft capital (despite injury!) speak to the perceived talent level.

Do I think he’s worth 1.03? No, just because I’m not bullish on him. I would take Bijan/JSN/Gibbs over him. That said, from there, I can see people’s debate. I still wouldn’t put him as 1.04 myself, as I’d rather hold the pick and maintain the flexibility, but I can see logic why someone would.

In 1QB I wouldn’t put it as a standout BAD offer. It’s above his value IMO, but not THAT far off where I think people definitely are considering him (at least his supporters, of which I’ve seen a few). It’s a reach offer to cap his worth though for sure.
This is a fair point, I just see it differently, he hasn’t increased at all in value to merit going from a 1.06 to a 1.03z. I understand it’s different classes so I’ll put it this way. Bijan Gibbs JSN, addison, and QJ at this point in time are all way more intriguing for me than Jameson Williams.

Also Addison won the biletnikoff that year, not Williams.

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Wed Mar 22, 2023 5:23 pm

Drop a healthy Jameson w/ a year learning experience in the Lions system into the '23 draft. It's entirely feasible in 1 QB lg he goes 1.03 (maybe 1.02 if he pops in camp / exhibition season)

Gibbs & JSN are in still to be determined landing spots which could greatly influence expectations if you are pulling the trigger now. Jameson has a ready made role which isn't really the alpha role (yet) having to contend w/ the Sun God who is Goff's safety blanket. I see a Stefon Diggs in Minn type role to begin with. St. Brown is the Thielin

Addison & QT would both have to fall into IDEAL situations for me to have them leapfrog Williams.JSN is a toss up as I can see him being the volume guy with safer floor but not the BIG PLAY threat

willistylz1979
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby willistylz1979 » Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:02 am

Team 3 in Sig
Give- Jacobs+Burks
Get- 1.06+Akers+Shakir+2.06

Burks> 1.06
Jacobs>>> Akers/Shakir/2.06
12 Team MFL Classic League PPR
1-QB, 1-3 RB, 1-3 WR, 1-3 TE, Flex RB/WR/TE
QB- Stafford, Bryce
RB- Swift, Pierce, Hunt, CEH
WR- A.J Brown, Diggs, Godwin, Flowers, Pickens, Mims, Beckham, Demario Douglas, Shakir, Wicks
TE- Freiermuth, Kmet, Mayer
Picks - 1.04 2.04 3.04

10 Team MFL Classic League PPR
QB: Herbert, Tua
RB: Barkley, Dillon, Achane, Akers, D.Harris
WR: Godwin, Jefferson, DeVonta, C.Watson, Ridley, Jamo, Sutton, E.Moore, M.Williams, Gabe D
TE: Kelce, Mayer
Own all my 24-25 Picks

QB- Love, DJ
RB- Jacobs, J.Cook, Tank, Mattison
WR- Chase, Evans, Pittman, Bateman, Cooper, MT, Mike Williams, T.Burks, Skyy, G. Pickens, M.Wilson
TE- Laporta, Njoku
Own all my 24-25 Picks

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:08 am

willistylz1979 wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:02 am Team 3 in Sig
Give- Jacobs+Burks

Burks> 1.06
It's understandable if you don't like the offer but this is not a bad trade offer worth of posting and making fun online imo. I thought this trade was a lot closer than you were suggesting. I checked and KTC actually has the side you'd be getting as the better side. KTC is not perfect but it does do a pretty good job the majority of the time to give a good rough estimate. Sure, trade calcs aren't the be-all end-all, but still, you might want to re-think how all the assets in this deal are valued by the community.

willistylz1979
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby willistylz1979 » Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:28 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:08 am
Give- Jacobs+Burks

Burks> 1.06
It's understandable if you don't like the offer but this is not a bad trade offer worth of posting and making fun online imo. I thought this trade was a lot closer than you were suggesting. I checked and KTC actually has the side you'd be getting as the better side. KTC is not perfect but it does do a pretty good job the majority of the time to give a good rough estimate. Sure, trade calcs aren't the be-all end-all, but still, you might want to re-think how all the assets in this deal are valued by the community.
Definitely not making fun of anyone, never said anything negative about person or offer.
12 Team MFL Classic League PPR
QB- Stafford, Bryce
RB- Swift, Pierce, Hunt, CEH
WR- A.J Brown, Diggs, Godwin, Flowers, Pickens, Mims, Beckham, Demario Douglas, Shakir, Wicks
TE- Freiermuth, Kmet, Mayer
Picks - 1.04 2.04 3.04

QB: Herbert, Tua
RB: Barkley, Dillon, Achane, Akers, D.Harris
WR: Godwin, Jefferson, DeVonta, C.Watson, Ridley, Jamo, Sutton, E.Moore, M.Williams, Gabe D
TE: Kelce, Mayer
Own all my 24-25 Picks

QB- Love, DJ
RB- Jacobs, J.Cook, Tank, Mattison
WR- Chase, Evans, Pittman, Bateman, Cooper, MT, Mike Williams, T.Burks, Skyy, G. Pickens, M.Wilson
TE- Laporta, Njoku
Own all my 24-25 Picks

TakeMyAnkle
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby TakeMyAnkle » Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:31 am

Got two this week. 12 team, 1/2 PPR 1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 Flex. 3 round draft

Give: 1.2
Get: Kamara, D Slayton, Taylor Hill
Sent from the guy who said Swift was worth two late 2nds prior to Monty signing

Give: Chig
Get: Ertz and 3.10

Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Prison_Mike » Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:44 am

TakeMyAnkle wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:31 am Got two this week. 12 team, 1/2 PPR 1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 Flex. 3 round draft

Give: 1.2
Get: Kamara, D Slayton, Taylor Hill
Sent from the guy who said Swift was worth two late 2nds prior to Monty signing

Give: Chig
Get: Ertz and 3.10
Ah so you're in a league with @Anteaters

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:55 am

Patsfan86 wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:25 pm
FiremanEd wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:48 pm Not sure why the question is ‘what has he done to move up 3 spots?’. They are two different classes. You can value him against the talent in the class, not some artificial ADP from rookie drafts a year ago.

This is a fair point, I just see it differently, he hasn’t increased at all in value to merit going from a 1.06 to a 1.03z. I understand it’s different classes so I’ll put it this way. Bijan Gibbs JSN, addison, and QJ at this point in time are all way more intriguing for me than Jameson Williams.

Also Addison won the biletnikoff that year, not Williams.
Way more? JSN and Jameson Williams are less than a year apart in age and both coming off an injury shortened season after giant 2021 college seasons in the two biggest conferences. I can see liking one more than the other, but not sure why you would deem one way more intriguing than the other.. especially when the one you’re stumping for hasn’t even been drafted yet.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:05 am

willistylz1979 wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:28 am
Give- Jacobs+Burks

Burks> 1.06
Definitely not making fun of anyone, never said anything negative about person or offer.
Well that's exactly what we do here!

zaner75
Captain
Captain

Postby zaner75 » Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:17 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:05 am

That's what I've always considered the purpose of this thread to be. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Everyone's valuations are different and discussion is good, but we all know the REALLY bad offers when we see them. :lol:

PTW32
Captain
Captain

Postby PTW32 » Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:13 pm

zaner75 wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:17 pm
Jigga94 wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:05 am

That's what I've always considered the purpose of this thread to be. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Everyone's valuations are different and discussion is good, but we all know the REALLY bad offers when we see them. :lol:
Maybe someone can create an "offers I decided not to accept" thread?
Team 1 10 Team PPR QB, 2RB, 3WR, 2TE, 3Flex

QB: Feilds, Lance, Stafford
RB: Javonte, Charbonnet
WR: Godwin, Boyd, Aiyuk, Mingo, Downs
TE: Kincaid, Kraft, Schoonmaker

Team 2 10 Team PPR QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 3Flex
QB: Lamar, Baker
RB: Barkley, Jonathan Taylor, Ekeler, Sanders, Dillon, Pierce
WR: Diggs, Hill, Lockett, Addison
TE: Andrews, Hurst, Logan Thomas

Team 3 12 Team PPR (keep 16)
QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 3Flex

QB: Kyler, Feilds
RB: CMC, Javonte, Dobbins, Dillo, Brian Robinson
WR: AJB, Godwin, DJ Moore, Keenan, Lamb, Burks, Toney
TE: Kittle, Hockenson

SoftwoodGrampian
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby SoftwoodGrampian » Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:14 pm

For Bijan Robinson

MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Postby MacDaddy123 » Fri Mar 24, 2023 3:22 pm

Patsfan86 wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:24 am
MacDaddy123 wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:47 pm
Patsfan86 wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:22 pm I have no idea how this isn’t being considered bad? It’s awful. Jameson Williams was the 1.06 in most leagues last year. What has he done in any way shape or form to push him up 3 spots? He’s not better than JSN as a prospect and it’s not even close. He also won’t be the WR1 on the lions, not with Amon Ra there.
Jameson and JSN numbers were fairly similar in 2021 and 2022.
The reason for Jamo moving up the board in 2023 versus 2022 is that the 2023 draft class is much weaker, especially at WR.

Jamo was drafted as the 4th WR off the board in 2022, with pick 12.
Extremely unlikely 4 WR's will go by pick 12 in 2023, as this WR class is not nearly as strong.
JSN is probably the only WR in this class that most would take over Jamo, and JSN may not be drafted in the first 12 picks.

After Bijan, JSN, Gibbs, I am not sure there is a prospect in 2023 class that I would want over Jamo.
Certainly not a bad trade offer, as most others seem to realize.
You are certainly welcome to continue your hatred for Jameson Williams though.
Try to read all my posts next time, i said I liked Jameson. What has he done to move up in value to the 1.03 tho? Can you answer that? The question isn’t about if he’s a good player or not, it’s about what has he done in any way shape or form to move up 3 spots?

Also this stuff about the 2023 class being much weaker is absolute garbage right now. Everyone around here was talking about how bad 2022 was at this time last year. There was no consensus on anything. Man it’s amazing how people forget.

Also 2022 hasn’t even been that good, what are we even doing here? There have been 4 (maybe 5 if you want to count London or Watson) guys in 2022 that look like sure thing studs, and one of them will probably be useless next year since we know how RBs are after coming off of an ACL. After that there was literally no RBs, TEs, or QBs. I just find it absolutely hilarious that now the 2022 class is “a special class” because people had no expectations for it and sure it outperformed those.
I believe I answered that when I said: "The reason for Jamo moving up the board in 2023 versus 2022 is that the 2023 draft class is much weaker, especially at WR."

So again, if we go back to the 2022 draft class, Jameson has done nothing to move up the board from 1.06.
The difference is the 2023 draft class is weaker, and that is how Jameson moves up the board in this draft class.

I saw that you say you would take QJ and Addison over Jameson, that is fine, that is your value.
I do not agree with your assessment at all.
Bijan and JSN are the only two 2023 prospects that I would take over Jameson.

Everyone has their opinions, and your opinion is no more or less valid than anyone else's opinion.

This thread was running along smoothly until someone showed that they do not really know what a bad trade offer is.
You may not like the trade, but it certainly is not a bad trade offer.
It's more akin to say Javonte Williams for the 2023 1.08 in a 12 team SF league?
Some could argue both sides, certainly not a bad trade offer.

Perhaps you should re-read the whole thread so you could get a better idea of what bad trade offers are.
Here is a sample for you:

Got this beauty in a SF TE premium league:

I give: Justin Fields and Dallas Goedert
I get: Hunter Renfrow and Amari Cooper

Here lies a truly bad trade offer. No explanation required.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Mar 24, 2023 3:35 pm

Whenever there's more than a few posts about one particular trade, usually means it doesn't belong here