General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: 2022 Week 1

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Sep 08, 2022 9:59 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 9:56 pm
dynastyninja wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 8:33 pm Time to overreact
I almost don't wanna wait for the week 1 overreaction thread.

Regarding Higbee's targets
- from what I saw, his targets piled up in the back half of the 4th, in hurry up mode. Before that point, I didn't see him much involved..
Had some bad drops, too (Higbee). I don't think the Akers thing is an over reaction.

"I know I'm healthy. Everybody else will just get to see" Thursday vs. Bills (Cam Akers)

We've discussed this all off season, how bad he looked last year, and now he's had an entire off season, and can't see the field, and does nothing when he does. His post achilles career is looking like he may not get a 2nd contract, more than being a lead NFL RB. It's unfortunate what that injury does. If he can somehow buck the trend, good for him. I truly mean that, If he makes me look silly for doubting him, then good on him, but I am just trying to see this realistically.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:32 pm

it's a long season. no need to overreact to the first game of it.

remember when the bills beat the cheats 31-0 in the first game of the season. by the end of the season the cheats had won their division again and beat the bills 31-0 in the last game of the regular season.

there's many twists and turns to happen in the season.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:37 pm

Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:32 pm it's a long season. no need to overreact to the first game of it.

remember when the bills beat the cheats 31-0 in the first game of the season. by the end of the season the cheats had won their division again and beat the bills 31-0 in the last game of the regular season.

Agreed, but considering the price Akers cost, it's not an over reaction to be concerned, or to say it's just more evidence to suggest he was being drafted/valued too high.
Janiel Dones Truther

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Thu Sep 08, 2022 11:12 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:37 pm
Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:32 pm it's a long season. no need to overreact to the first game of it.

Agreed, but considering the price Akers cost, it's not an over reaction to be concerned, or to say it's just more evidence to suggest he was being drafted/valued too high.
yeah, i couldn't pull the trigger in the late 3rd. i was hoping he would be there in the late 5th but someone took him early the the 5th. even that was a high price to pay with today's usage of akers. i can't see that continuing as the rams need akers to be effective. henderson is a slasher and good receiver but can't be the workhorse. williams is already injured again.

the falcons defense could heal everything.

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Thu Sep 08, 2022 11:17 pm

i don't think arob is cooked. stafford has tunnel vision. it was a problem for robert woods last season until he started complaining about it.

https://twitter.com/line_mitch/status/1 ... _&ref_url=

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Sep 08, 2022 11:21 pm

Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 11:17 pm i don't think arob is cooked. stafford has tunnel vision. it was a problem for robert woods last season until he started complaining about it.

There's such a lack of context to this stat, though. The DB watching the QB looking to the other side of the field can lead to separation, for example. This is not a sticky stat IMO because it's so interpretive. Regardless, it's just 1 game, and he's new to the team. Stafford didn't play well. I was out on A Rob, think he's definitely lost something, but I am not certain that tonight confirms that. It's just 1 game, but it is concerning.
Janiel Dones Truther

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Thu Sep 08, 2022 11:38 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 11:21 pm
Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 11:17 pm i don't think arob is cooked. stafford has tunnel vision. it was a problem for robert woods last season until he started complaining about it.

There's such a lack of context to this stat, though. The DB watching the QB looking to the other side of the field can lead to separation, for example. This is not a sticky stat IMO because it's so interpretive. Regardless, it's just 1 game, and he's new to the team. Stafford didn't play well. I was out on A Rob, think he's definitely lost something, but I am not certain that tonight confirms that. It's just 1 game, but it is concerning.
yeah but going on last season it's quite possible arob was getting open but stafford didn't look his way.

woods is a great wr and stafford barely targeted him early in the season. maybe arob needs to do some complaining like woods did last season to see some targets.

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Fri Sep 09, 2022 12:03 am

Hjorimir wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 9:34 pm Tyler Higbee, 11 targets
and they all sucked. he looked like a snail out there.

most came in garbage time though. he also had a couple of bad drops.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Fri Sep 09, 2022 12:07 am

Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 12:03 am
Hjorimir wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 9:34 pm Tyler Higbee, 11 targets
and they all sucked. he looked like a snail out there.

most came in garbage time though. he also had a couple of bad drops.
He looked surprisingly bad. But, it is just week 1 after all and 11 targets IS 11 targets

jman3134
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jman3134 » Fri Sep 09, 2022 12:27 am

If we are all going to jump on Akers for a "bad game" and assume his usage is going to be minimal the rest of the year, what about James Cook?
12 team, 35 man rosters, 1/2 PPR, 10 round rookie/FA draft
Qb: Geno Smith, Matthew Stafford, Trey Lance
Rb: Jonathan Taylor, Joe Mixon, Austin Ekeler, Saquon Barkley, Cam Akers, Isiah Pacheco, Jeff Wilson, Chase Edmonds, Pierre Strong, Jordan Mason, Jaleel McLaughlin
Wr: DeAndre Hopkins, Mike Evans, Diontae Johnson, Darnell Mooney, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Jakobi Meyers, Laviska Shenault, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Denzel Mims, Richie James, Michael Wilson, Demario Douglas, Trent Sherfield
Te: George Kittle, Darren Waller, Taysom Hill, Isaiah Likely
K:
D: Dallas D

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:00 am

jman3134 wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 12:27 am If we are all going to jump on Akers for a "bad game" and assume his usage is going to be minimal the rest of the year, what about James Cook?
He fumbled his first carry. I am assuming it's due to the turnover. Riding the pine for that, as a rookie. School of hard knocks, so to speak. Akers is a different story. I don't expect his usage to be that low, but it's pretty damning, considering how he looked last year, and is "healthy", and not getting any time.
Janiel Dones Truther

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:12 am

jman3134 wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 12:27 am If we are all going to jump on Akers for a "bad game" and assume his usage is going to be minimal the rest of the year, what about James Cook?
Cook looks like he's going to be minimally used in '22. If Cooks can't get meaningful action in last night's blowout, I can't imagine the coaches think he's ready for meaningful action in close games. He might flash some fantasy points for a game or two by the end of the season, but as long as Singletary is healthy, I think Cooks' fantasy relevance is going to be minimal this season.

If I owned him (and I have zero shares) I'm holding. No need to sell cheap before we find out if a year of learning experience will help him. If I don't own him, I'm not prepping any offers yet.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, CWilliams
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JFord, Corum, JWright
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, Q Johnston, DeDouglas, MCorley
TE: Goedert, Okongwo
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, DLloyd; (DE/DL) Sieler; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, Singletary, AJD, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, VJefferson, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

j4pac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby j4pac » Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:13 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:00 am
He fumbled his first carry. I am assuming it's due to the turnover. Riding the pine for that, as a rookie. School of hard knocks, so to speak. Akers is a different story. I don't expect his usage to be that low, but it's pretty damning, considering how he looked last year, and is "healthy", and not getting any time.
It took him forever to get on the field to begin with. The guy just looks too small. I don’t think I have ever seen a guy as small as him be anything more than a RB3. Debent chance that Singletary is just simply bigger and better.
SF, PPR, 12 team, 12 player dynasty

QB- Lawrence, Fields, Tannehill (max 2 keepers, 3 rostered)
RB- Bijan Robinson, T Pollard, Allgeier, Charbonnet, Achane, J Wilson, Kelley, K Williams
WR- Lamb, Jeudy, Hill, C Olave, A Pierce, Shaheed, Bourne
TE- Goedert, Musgrave

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:31 am

j4pac wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:13 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:00 am
It took him forever to get on the field to begin with. The guy just looks too small. I don’t think I have ever seen a guy as small as him be anything more than a RB3. Debent chance that Singletary is just simply bigger and better.
I wasn't high on him, just explaining the difference about potential future usage. He's a rookie (Akers as a rookie didn't see the field as much early) and Akers is in year 3. Akers snap/touch count is much more concerning than Cook's, though as I said, not high on Cook either. Not disagreeing with your assessment of the player. If they aren't throwing passes to Cook a bunch, I don't know how he's going to be FF relevant, because he won't be doing anything between the tackles.
Janiel Dones Truther

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:07 am

Just listening to Cecil Lammey (who is a Javonte fan, not a fan of Gordon), saying Gordon is a better pass protector and receiver right now, so if Gordon is out there more than you want/expect, know it's a Russell Wilson thing is basically what he's saying. Russ has a lot of say and he's the focal point of that franchise now.

(Football Guys/Broncos Beat reporter for those who don't know Cecil)
Janiel Dones Truther