FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Week 14 Discussion

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Dec 11, 2021 10:18 am

StripesOfKC wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 9:46 am
Jigga94 wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 9:05 am
mild wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 5:53 pm

There was a point this off-season, and somewhat into the early stage of this season, where I liked Claypool a -lot- as a cheaper acquire. Talent is certainly there, and you've got to figure if they can upgrade to even league-average QB play, he could go seriously big.

But man. This dude is the biggest young head case we've seen in a while at WR. We piled on Juju for dancing and making videos... Claypool is outright out here losing games for his team and suggesting they need "music at practice, to help us get into it" :lol:

I'll be avoiding, no thanks.
I honestly started thinking of Martavis Bryant when watching him out there.

I also remember when everyone was going nuts and had Claypool > Juju and Diontae. Good times.
I mean I'd still have Claypool over Diontae...

Being a knucklehead doesn't preclude one from scoring fantasy points
Diontae is a better player. Some people also prefer to roster players they like, and like to cheer for. I'm one of them, and I still win leagues and am a perennial contender. You just need to make suer you get value for the knuckleheads you don't like, when trading them. It's much more fun cheering against Claypool at this point, than cheering for him in my books.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Sat Dec 11, 2021 10:40 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 10:05 am Did everyone forget when every good wr was a knucklehead diva lol
Larry Fitzgerald would beg to differ.

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Sat Dec 11, 2021 1:10 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 10:18 am

I also remember when everyone was going nuts and had Claypool > Juju and Diontae. Good times.
I mean I'd still have Claypool over Juju...

Diontae is a better player. Some people also prefer to roster players they like, and like to cheer for. I'm one of them, and I still win leagues and am a perennial contender. You just need to make suer you get value for the knuckleheads you don't like, when trading them. It's much more fun cheering against Claypool at this point, than cheering for him in my books.
Oops meant to say Juju

Yeah I think Diontae is better than Claypool right now (though the latter is only in year 2 I'd argue)

The rest of your statement is fair

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sat Dec 11, 2021 1:59 pm

mild wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 5:53 pm

There was a point this off-season, and somewhat into the early stage of this season, where I liked Claypool a -lot- as a cheaper acquire. Talent is certainly there, and you've got to figure if they can upgrade to even league-average QB play, he could go seriously big.

But man. This dude is the biggest young head case we've seen in a while at WR. We piled on Juju for dancing and making videos... Claypool is outright out here losing games for his team and suggesting they need "music at practice, to help us get into it" :lol:

I'll be avoiding, no thanks.

I mean I'd still have Claypool over Juju...

Same but it's funny to see people flip flop on all these guys so often in dynasty

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sat Dec 11, 2021 2:52 pm

Claypool = Martavis is actually a good comparison, though Claypool is not nearly as detrimental with off-the-field issues and has been more productive.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Dec 12, 2021 12:24 pm

Glad I canceled my NFL subscription. What a joke my Raiders are.
Janiel Dones Truther

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Dec 12, 2021 12:25 pm

Just saw Lamar got hurt.
Janiel Dones Truther

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Dec 12, 2021 12:37 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 12:25 pm Just saw Lamar got hurt.
Team was barely hanging on with him. Toast if he can't come back. Game and season that is

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Dec 12, 2021 12:37 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 12:24 pm Glad I canceled my NFL subscription. What a joke my Raiders are.
The celebration on the logo is overrated. Celebrate in the end zone.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Dec 12, 2021 1:15 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 12:24 pm Glad I canceled my NFL subscription. What a joke my Raiders are.
We've been trying to tell you! For weeks! Months! Years...? :lol:

Tough one for Lamar. Real tough. Hope it's not a full break. That Ravens team is really circling the drain now.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Dec 12, 2021 1:25 pm

This Jaguars team definitely has the feel of a one-and-done coach

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Sun Dec 12, 2021 1:59 pm

I was legitimately considering dropping penny for O'Shaughnessy to fill in at TE this week with hock and Waller out. Ended up splitting with Preston Williams instead but oh my god how does this kid keep stringing me along.... It's such an abusive relationship... He does nothing and can't stay healthy then pops off to close the season only to make me hold all offseason with hopes of a better season at "full health".... Uuuugh
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

steelman
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby steelman » Sun Dec 12, 2021 2:04 pm

nathanq42 wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 1:59 pm I was legitimately considering dropping penny for O'Shaughnessy to fill in at TE this week with hock and Waller out. Ended up splitting with Preston Williams instead but oh my god how does this kid keep stringing me along.... It's such an abusive relationship... He does nothing and can't stay healthy then pops off to close the season only to make me hold all offseason with hopes of a better season at "full health".... Uuuugh
Was thinking the exact same thing. He's killing me. I can't drop him, but I almost never get to start him either. Not sure if I can trust him enough to start him in the playoffs.

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Sun Dec 12, 2021 2:11 pm

steelman wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 2:04 pm
nathanq42 wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 1:59 pm I was legitimately considering dropping penny for O'Shaughnessy to fill in at TE this week with hock and Waller out. Ended up splitting with Preston Williams instead but oh my god how does this kid keep stringing me along.... It's such an abusive relationship... He does nothing and can't stay healthy then pops off to close the season only to make me hold all offseason with hopes of a better season at "full health".... Uuuugh
Was thinking the exact same thing. He's killing me. I can't drop him, but I almost never get to start him either. Not sure if I can trust him enough to start him in the playoffs.
I'd give it a 3% chance at starting in the finals. It would require him to continue at this pace from here on out, and a lot of injuries to my RBs
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06