Ezekiel Elliott Thread: Should we Buy or Sell?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Do you have a problem with Zeke?

Postby Phaded » Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:45 pm

This "guru" sounds pretty dumb.

No offense.

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:56 pm

Zeke sucks, he's not great at anything...please draft Michael Thomas ahead of him. :wink:
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat

EAK INC.
Role Player
Role Player

Postby EAK INC. » Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:02 pm

PhadedCN wrote:This "guru" sounds pretty dumb.

No offense.
And your counters to his arguments are ...?

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:04 pm

EAK INC. wrote:

No offense.
And your counters to his arguments are ...?
I'm not going to waste my time counter arguing a guy who doesn't even post here.

The fact that he has Zeke behind Gurley, Gordon, Yeldon & Abdullah and on par with Coleman is laughable.

Even more laughable this guy is considered a "guru".

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:06 pm

Zeke is the best blocking RB that I've seen come into the pros in a long time. Blocking doesn't show up in fantasy, but it will keep him on the field for passing downs. I'll be shocked if he isn't a great RB. He has all the tools and no detrimental flaws.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:17 pm

Zpalmer wrote:"Everyone is making a huge deal that zeke ran a 4:47 40 yet seem to not have noticed he double caught almost every pass, had two drops and he looked stiff running drills. Also had a below average vertical, broad jump and shuttle"

"It's easy to look like you know what you're doing when you're rubbing behind an oline that has a 5-star recruit at every position and you're in a spread offense that isn't pro-style. If zeke were in the draft last year he would be behind Gurley, Gordon, yeldon and Abdullah. Probably be on the same level as Coleman"

"The wrs are slow is the only reason people want him at 1.01"

"A lot can change after the draft though. Situation matters, if zeke goes to Houston or Dallas then I'll probably raise him up"
These are all statements made by one of my 'go to guys' about Dynasty. I asked him if he was overthinking himself by having Zeke at 1.04 and he replied with this. Which I mean I can't disagree too much. Mainly because I have leaned on this guy for a lot of player values.
Anyone agree with my guru?
I have the 1.01 in a few leagues and have Zeke in a Tier all by himself.
Yeah, I traded out of the 1.01 to the 1.02 because I didn't want Elliott that badly. I think he's the best back in the class, but not on the same talent level as a Gurley, or Fournette next year. While everyone has him on a tier of his own, I dealt the pick, because I wasn't going to pick him, anyway.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

sugbear65
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby sugbear65 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:19 pm

Tell me who he has as his 1.01, and I could poke the same holes in them and have you questioning if he should be taken that high. I don't think there is a right or wrong here, but I have Zeke as my 1.01 like most, both before and after the draft. So let me try to play counter point to your quotes-
1. I don't see how you could view his combine as a negative. He's never been considered a "freak" athletically, so I wouldn't expect to him rule the underwear Olympics. But he did nothing to hurt his stock and performed about how expected. Are u more concerned about how he looks in drills or on the field? His hands are fine, watch the tape.
2. This is a common argument every year about some of the top RBs, system. Even if it's true, if he's a talented RB isn't he SUPPOSED to shine behind a good O-line and in that system. Whats the issue? And I don't believe that's true about last year. He would have slotted in even with Gordon, fighting for #2 RB in the class.
3. Not even real sure where to go with this, as it's a broad generalization. But I can tell you 100% that for me, I don't have Elliot 1.01 because "all the WRs are slow", I have him 1.01 because I think he's a better prospect than all the WRs.
4. Situation matters to a degree. It's a good way to break ties on guys you have evenly ranked. I wouldn't allow it to make players jump tiers though. Draft for talent, 95% the cream rises to the top, and situations change with the wind in the NFL.

Now I don't think Zeke is generational talent or anything, or that he has the most upside of any player in this draft. But he is solid across the board, will be drafted highly to be a teams RB, and has high football intelligence and good character. Even if he's never the dynasty RB1, what's wrong with the RB10-15? I think he's as safe a bet for that kind of production(RB2) as a rookie can be, and In this draft that's as good as it gets.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:19 pm

No offense.
Someone's not going to take offense to you say he's sounding pretty dumb? Why, because his opinion differs from yours? Not everybody is as in love with Elliott as you are. I believe you once said you'd want Elliott over Gurley, and you're entitled to your opinion, but it pretty much shows you are higher on Elliott than anyone, and obviously are taking offense to anyone who doesn't think he's all that great.
Last edited by FantasyFreak on Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Janiel Dones Truther

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Lotto4Life
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Lotto4Life » Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:24 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote:So all this person did was list a bunch of stuff that has nothing to do with whether Zeke is talented or not.
Maybe the OP was edited after you posted, but I saw quite a bit in there that had to do with whether or not he is talented.
Dynasty DeLorean wrote:What does the 2015 draft class, or team landing spot, or vertical jump have to do with his talent level?
Comparing him to the 2015 draft class gives a relative value for his talent level. Not all 1.01s are created the same.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:29 pm

FantasyFreak wrote:

No offense.
Someone's not going to take offense to you say he's sounding pretty dumb? Why, because his opinion differs from yours? Not everybody is as in love with Elliott as you are. I believe you once said you'd want Elliott over Gurley, and you're entitled to your opinion, but it pretty much shows you are higher on Elliott than anyone, and obviously are taking offense to anyone who doesn't think he's all that great.
I don't claim to be a guru, this guy allegedly does.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:36 pm

PhadedCN wrote:
FantasyFreak wrote:

No offense.
I don't claim to be a guru, this guy allegedly does.
He's used that term? Not trying to get into a fight with a fellow Raider fan, just trying to point out that while he may be undervaluing Zeke, you may be overvaluing him by saying he is preferable or even on par with Gurley at this stage of the process. I think Tevin Coleman sucks, so I'm not even going to get into that one, but I think Zeke is a safe,efficient but unspectacular player at the next level. A solid producer, that has 3 down ability, and for Fantasy that is good, but I don't think he's an elite level talent.
Janiel Dones Truther

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:51 pm

The OP literally uses the word "guru".

I can understand people who prefer guys like Gurley & Fournette. I can see that argument regardless of my opinion on it.

A lot of people around here have Zeke as a top 5 back.

This "guru" has him as a fringe top 5 back compared to the 2015 class. Now like I said - I can see the argument for Gurley. But Gordon, Yeldon, Abdullah & "maybe" Coleman? I would love to see the argument for all of them above Zeke because I can't see it.

When someone gets touted as a "guru" and says something like that with no compelling argument, I just can't take it remotely seriously.

Not to mention; this guru quotes the 40 time but many people had Zeke as 1.01 even before the 40 time.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:15 pm

PhadedCN wrote:The OP literally uses the word "guru".

I can understand people who prefer guys like Gurley & Fournette. I can see that argument regardless of my opinion on it.

A lot of people around here have Zeke as a top 5 back.

This "guru" has him as a fringe top 5 back compared to the 2015 class. Now like I said - I can see the argument for Gurley. But Gordon, Yeldon, Abdullah & "maybe" Coleman? I would love to see the argument for all of them above Zeke because I can't see it.

When someone gets touted as a "guru" and says something like that with no compelling argument, I just can't take it remotely seriously.

Not to mention; this guru quotes the 40 time but many people had Zeke as 1.01 even before the 40 time.
Wow, just noticed your from Canada, too. Whereabout's? I'm just outside of Toronto. Anyway, I fully agree that he should be ranked higher than most of those guys.
Janiel Dones Truther

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:22 pm

EAK INC. wrote:The main thing that scares me is something that I've seen everyone here talk about 'Zeke isn't great at anything, but he's good at everything'. That statement just doesn't really give me a lot of confidence. I want a guy that does something special.
Elliot reminds me quite a bit of Matt Forte. I'm a little surprised that more people haven't made that comparison. Even their combine numbers are pretty close. Forte has never been a burner that gets long TDs, and he didn't even get goal-line carries for a few seasons. However, he finds the holes, can catch the ball, is good at pass protection, and runs smoothly with fluid jukes and deceptive quickness in short bursts. I think Elliot can be that 3-down workhorse back and PPR monster that Forte has been the last few years.
EAK INC. wrote:Another thing is that everyone is assuming Zeke is going to be a 3 down running back. Yes, Zeke can play all three downs but that doesn't mean the team that drafts him might not already have a third down back. Say for example, Zeke goes to the Lions as some people thought a few weeks ago (I don't think this will happen for the record). Do you think Theo Riddick will just stop getting third down touches? I think RB is very situation dependent and thus for me that's what it will come down to. If Zeke goes to a bad situation though I am staying far away. And if he goes to a good situation, I'm most likely selling to the highest bidder.
As for team situation, Forte was drafted to play behind Cedric Benson. Then Forte ran for 100+ yards and a TD in his debut game, and the Bears never looked back. Talent will shine through eventually. Elliot might not start or be a workhorse back right away, but I think he can be a perennial top-5 dynasty RB for years to come. He's my clear 1.01 in a tier of his own in this rookie class.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:47 pm

I'd like to know how he could have a below-average shuttle when he didn't even run it.