Joe Mixon Thread: 4 Year extension in Cincy

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Joe Mixon

Postby Friction » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:26 pm

People Mover wrote:Views I don't agree with = garbage. Got it. Can someone please leave me the PC guidelines on this one? I need to know how to think like the good guys. Thanks in advance.
Guidelines= even if you agree it was a terrible move on his part and you are completely against violence on anybody, do not point out any other aspects/concepts/viewpoints on the topic. The answer is all men are scum unless they cherish and bow down to the opposite sex. If you are not from that vantage point, you are pro domestic violence and are condoning Mixons behavior. If you recognize the reverse sexism in society that is prevalent today, and easily proven, then again you are garbage and agree with his actions. Even if you state you are against it. Those are the general guidelines. Don't upset the herd.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

ImaRounder
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ImaRounder » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:29 pm

Friction wrote:
People Mover wrote:Views I don't agree with = garbage. Got it. Can someone please leave me the PC guidelines on this one? I need to know how to think like the good guys. Thanks in advance.
Guidelines= even if you agree it was a terrible move on his part and you are completely against violence on anybody, do not point out any other aspects/concepts/viewpoints on the topic. The answer is all men are scum unless they cherish and bow down to the opposite sex. If you are not from that vantage point, you are pro domestic violence and are condoning Mixons behavior. If you recognize the reverse sexism in society that is prevalent today, and easily proven, then again you are garbage and agree with his actions. Even if you state you are against it. Those are the general guidelines. Don't upset the herd.
I thought you were a f***head before, but Jesus man, I like the way you do bidness.

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:30 pm

Friction wrote:
:nono: careful pointing out people's flawed logic or blind acceptance of societal hypocrisy lest those strongly indoctrinated folks that think what they are told to think will put you on the bad list and santa will omit you from his christmas eve nights proceedings.
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

stoneghost28
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby stoneghost28 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:12 pm

Bruiser wrote:Clarion, the presumption that women are equal is a personal belief of only half the fanbase. The other half holds a more traditional set of values that God gave woman to man and expects him to protect her. Whether you believe one or the other, you will find plenty of fans ready to debate the notion that this particular criminal deserves millions of dollars to entertain us.

I'd rather be entertained by someone that has not shown himself to such violence. I hold myself to a high personal standard, and I would be supportive of an organization that did the same.
This is my issue though. How many times after the fact have we heard about Kirby Puckett's, about Eugene Robinson's, We don't know who these guys are, period. And pretending we do is pure foolishness. You may not want to see guys get paid who do this sort of thing but you do all the same, every Thursday, Sunday, and Monday. It's unavoidable. I guarantee you already unknowingly support organizations that countenance such behavior because they all have, and all will continue to do so, if not now, then certainly in the future. It's unavoidable.

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:21 pm

Yes, that's a good point and one I tried to make a couple pages back. I cheered for Kirby Puckett as a kid, big time. It was tough hearing about it later on, but I did not feel any worse about it or guilty that I unknowingly pulled for a guy that was not a great person off the baseball diamond. These are entertainers when we watch them on the field or tv, really nothing more, to us at least. Fake football is only a hobby or money maker for me. I do not care how that money is earned, as long as it is not cheating or collusion on my part. I have always assumed the vast majority of athletes were stuck up, self-absorbed, and carry some not so great qualities. In a perfect world, no. In the current landscape I hope they are beating on men, women, and children in their spare time.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:23 pm

clarion contrarion wrote: I don't refer to most bar type fights as domestic abuse . I feel like most people do not recognize that is the classic definition of what took place -a one off bar fight is far different than the serial abuse. This does differ from the type handed down by greg hardy, adrian peterson , josh brown or worst case OJ . You can get cute with words CG and espouse moral superiority but in the 21st century women are legally equal . They should be treated as such , lest making excuses defeats the entire purpose of the law. I for one am still waiting for one of these holier than thou equal right mouthpieces than screech incessantly that women are equal to men and there is no difference in the genders to make that statement in a case like this as just opposed to a glass ceiling or a wage discrepancy.
Go ahead and explain this to your mother, sister or wife/girlfriend and see what they say, because it makes absolutely no sense.

A man punching a woman is the equivalent to an everyday bar fight? What?

stoneghost28
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby stoneghost28 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:41 pm

TheSpidersFromMars wrote:Wow. Lot of garbage in this thread. Personally, the video made me sick, and I'm shocked that Stoops let this guy play at all. Hopefully he gets what's coming for him.
Nonsense. This is part of the problem here. People, heck society needs to talk honestly about this stuff. Nowhere near the same, but because of our unwillingness to talk about these issues we have laws being passed that make it illegal for a drunk male to have sex with a drunk female. Apparently in those instances it is always 100% the male committing the crime. We have all sorts of stupidity going on because people can't sit down and talk honestly about what constitutes crime, and what constitutes personal accountability, things are a mess, and boundary monitors like this post are a part of the problem and not the solution. If you think people's arguments are garbage, at least explain why so we can see if there is common ground, or if common ground is impossible. Dialogue is important so this garbage happens less and less, throwing a rug over the insolently, or demanding people stop talking about these issues only insures that issues like this persist.

jaykay22
Starter
Starter

Postby jaykay22 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:06 pm

Speaking strictly of Mixon's draft prospects right now: at this point, if I were Mixon I'd return for one more season to OU. Perrine is leaving so he'd get the reigns of the backfield all to himself, Mayfield is still there to lead the offense, and they should still be a good team heading into 2017. Yes, he risks injury, and yes, waiting 1 more year could backfire with the history he's got off the field, but his talent ON the field is significant enough that another electric season could help propel him into frontrunner status for Top RB of the 2018 class and could be better for his NFL payday and draft position. 1 more year would make the incident more than 3 years removed for him and most importantly the public, and while that doesn't reduce the severity of his actions, it would help his prospects as the memories of him being an excellent RB would be fresher and more plentiful than those of him being an imbecile.

FWIW, I think Mixon will ultimately declare for the draft and get drafted on day 3. My guess is round 5-6. If I'm an NFL GM, I stay the hell away from him, because he's he's obviously too stupid for his own good and I'd be worried about what he's doing on a Friday night in the offseason.
#FreeCoreyDavis

bruiser
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby bruiser » Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:52 pm

For two hundred years, American men were proud to be the stronger vessel. Somewhere lost in the equality movement, men have become bitter about their higher calling and have lowered their standards to accepting this kind of violence as 'equality'.

I've been in a ton of scuffles before I grew up. Since my high school days, I've walked away from every conflict without acting like a boy in the schoolyard. That's not easy, but there is too much to lose in today's litigious world. Mixon will pay heavily for acting like a punk. He's old enough to pay the price.
Just a guy who loves fantasy football - specifically defense.

TheSpidersFromMars
Starter
Starter

Postby TheSpidersFromMars » Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:24 pm

The only appropriate answer or "opinion" to any of this is that Mixon is a jackass and a strong man would have walked away. Obviously he's extremely weak minded and has the temperament of a child.
12 team 0.5 ppr 25 man roster: 1 QB 2 WR 2 RB 1 TE 2 WR/RB/TE Flex

QB: Cam, Ryan
RB: Howard , CJA, Ware, Hill, Gio, Smallwood, D. Washington, Ellington, Gillislee, J. Williams
WR: Julio, Hopkins, KB, Cobb, Stills, C. Meredith, M. Mitchell,
TE: Gronk, Bennett, Maxx, Fiedorowicz
DST: Cardinals

RavingLunatic
Starter
Starter

Postby RavingLunatic » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:52 pm

If Tyreek Hill can have a career in the NFL so than this kid. It's just a stupid game run by a stupid commish with mostly stupid players anyway, who cares.

DrNoish
All Pro
All Pro

Postby DrNoish » Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:54 am

I don't have any picks, so all I hope is that people are so low on him he'll last past 36. Some NFL team will take him. I don't know when these guys will start to realize that they can't punch a woman, they should just stick to murdering people because the NFL is cool with that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
12 Team PPR 1QB - 1RB - 1WR - 2RB/WR - 1TE

KUPP the Balls
QB- Herbert, Hurts, Newton
RB- Montgomery, RoJo, Lindsay, Michel, Gurley, Vaughn, Foreman
WR- Lamb, Hopkins, Beckham, Metcalf, Cooks
TE- Kelce, Ertz
Picks 1.11, 2.04, 2022 1st

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:42 am

Friction wrote:I would never hit a woman and have been on the wrong end of some crazies that the law turned a blind eye to. As a father of a son and a daughter, I fear more for my son than my daughter in this sexist world nowadays. There is a lot more working against him than there is her, overall. Just wish it would go back to equality with genders, not how lopsided it is the other direction. As far as above, yes Darren Sharper truly takes the cake, no doubt about that. My prediction after the time passes, seventh rd selection, Cincinatti Bengals.
What a joke. Let me guess, you also think white males are at a distinct disadvantage.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:47 am

Personally I like these threads as it is very interesting (to me) to read all the different opinions and see how some are more black & white and others have different shades of grey to them. And no I am not stating one is better than another - just that the difference in how people express their viewpoints is quite varied & unique.

Meanwhile food for thought:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=124646&hilit=isaiah+crowell
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:08 am

Mixon followed the woman into the restaurant and that's pretty clear based on her immediate reaction to him entering. Given that, and the fact there is no audio, I think it's pretty difficult to establish exactly how this excalated. What is pretty clear is that her actions consisted of pushing Mixon and then putting her hands at his neck (looked like she wound up to slap him in response to what she thought was a punch and thought better of it at the last minute when he didn't actually throw a punch) and then he promptly knocked her out. When someone half your size pushes you and your immediate reaction is to punch them in the face, you should probably get your anger under control. The fact he was following her to set this up and promptly runs away after hitting her doesn't look good either.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker