Ultimate Sleeper: Who is this year's Tyler Boyd?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Re: Ultimate Sleeper: Who is this year's Tyler Boyd?

Postby ninotoreS » Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:13 am

Yeah. Guys like Pettis, Coutee, Samuel, Herndon, Everett, Andrews, etc are young guys people right now aren't struggling to feel optimistc about. In contrast, Boyd was largely left for dead after '17 -- he was cut to my primary league's waiver-wire / free-agent pool for the '18 rooke-draft, and iirc the AJ Green owner snatched him up for a 4th or 5th round pick. At this time last year, about the only indicator Boyd might have something coming were reports he had played very well at OTAs. Most people slept on it. Heck, I seem to remember most of the debate for the best WR sleeper in Cincy behind Green was between Ross, Josh Malone, and Auden Tate. Oops.

I picked Moncrief as a candidate for this sleeper premise, but even he may be more on the radar than Boyd was at this point last offseason.

In hindsight, it was pretty irrational to give up on Boyd after only his second season. His third year breakout falls in line with historical norms for the position.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:18 am

Lots of good names mentioned already. A couple that haven’t yet (unless I missed them):

Adam Shaheen - maybe some ownership bias going on here, but he was an early day 2 pick two years ago and is a size/speed specimen. Hampered by injuries thus far, if he can stay healthy, I can definitely see him outsnapping Burton down the stretch and putting up TE1 numbers for the second half of the season.

Kenneth Dixon - no ownership bias here, as I’m personally rooting for Justice Hill to take over as the lead RB in Baltimore. But despite myriad injuries and suspensions, the Ravens have yet to give up on this guy, which means they must see something in him. Decent metrics and incredible college production. If Ingram falls over the age cliff and Hill is too small to carry a full workload, AND he stays healthy and off the juice, this could finally be Dixon’s breakout year.
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0

Tvols
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Tvols » Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:26 am

Germino Allison
16 teamer
QB T Law, R Wilson
rb- Mixon,pollard, J Hill, conner,
WR-Chase,Lamb,T Hill, R Bateman, C sutton, boyd
Te Kelce, Waller, Fant,Evertt,
1qb,2-3rb,3-5wr,1-2 TE
Full IDP

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:48 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:10 am Saying C Samuel or someone like Pettis are sleepers like Boyd is missing the point, though, for this thread, I think. Boyd was basically given up on, after 2 year of menial production, and then Boom! (I my best John Madden impression). Full disclosure, I took over a best ball orphan that was SF/TE premium, and could not get someone to give a 3rd for Boyd and a 4th last off season (luckily!). Samuel and Pettis are considered ascending talents that flashed in their rookie years. Everybody is talking about them, so they are basically the opposite of sleepers. Apples and Oranges.
I agree, alot of these names don't have the value Boyd did last year.

http://apps.dynastyleaguefootball.com/t ... values.php

Names between 3.1 and 4.1- Allison, Samuels, Gesicki, Funchess, Breida, Duke, Tyrell Williams, Parker, A Wilson, Z Jones, Ian Thomas, Ballage, Yeldon, D Cain, Taywan Taylor

Between 4.1 and 5.1- Agholor, Rod Smith, Everett, M Lee, J Doctson, Justin Jackson, K Cole, Demarcus Robinson, Kumerow

After 5.1- Chris Moore, Tim Patrick, Chad Williams
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:57 am

Friction wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:13 pm Duke Williams- Buffalo
Former devy darling, led CFL in receiving last year. Oh, you said someone with an ADP.
huh.... most interesting reply I've read in this thread.

Real name isn't Duke btw, for anyone wanted to look up his info. Guy is a bit of a showboater with a big body, reminds me of TO.

I added him to my radar...
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

GregOfTheDead
Role Player
Role Player

Postby GregOfTheDead » Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:06 am

The deepest of the deep..
JAKE KUMEROW!

TheNuts
Captain
Captain

Postby TheNuts » Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:07 am

dlf_mikeh wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:57 am
Former devy darling, led CFL in receiving last year. Oh, you said someone with an ADP.

Real name isn't Duke btw, for anyone wanted to look up his info. Guy is a bit of a showboater with a big body, reminds me of TO.

I can't find much on this guy at all. While I appreciate a deep drop like this guy, his odds seem slim to none. Watching his highlight vid, his hands seem good, though I didn't dive into drop statistics. He seems like he's lacking athletically. Big receivers seem to be phasing out a bit, especially big receivers without much speed or quickness.
12 team ppr 4 point pass td

Murray, Minshew
Singletary, Lindsay, Samuels, Ty Johnson
Chark, Arob, Woods, Diontae, Nkeal, Lazard, Conley, Cole, Dorsett
Higbee, Jarwin, Dissly
Gould, Patriots

14 team ppr superflex, .2 ppc, WR 25% ppr bonus, TE ppr bonus 75%

Mayfield, Minshew, Trubisky, Foles, Hill
Djohns, Singletary, Fournette, Harris, Armstead, Ogunbawale, Samuels
Julio, Arob, Woods, Sims Jr, Claypool, Duvernay, Isabella, Conley, Tyrell
Waller, Hurst, Jarwin, Boyle

12 team ppr 4 point pass td, superflex, 1.5 TE ppr

Goff, Minshew, Hill, Alllen, Walker
Chubb, Taylor, Henry, Singletary, David Johnson, Damien Harris, Hyde, Boone, Blasingame
Tyreek, Boyd, Diontae, Marvin Jones, Pittman, Nkeal, Duvernay, Sims Jr, Stills
Waller, Higbee, Arnold, Olsen, Parkinson, Sample

20 team ppr 6 point pass td, .05 point per return yard

Matt Ryan
Fournette, Singletary, Harris, Cohen, Duke Johnson, Trey Edmunds
Davante Adams, Tyreek, Sutton, Boyd, Dorsett, Tyrell
Kittle, Jarwin, Oliver

Smoking Guns
Starter
Starter

Postby Smoking Guns » Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:21 am

I’ll try again

Rishard Matthews

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:32 pm

TheNuts wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:07 am

I can't find much on this guy at all. While I appreciate a deep drop like this guy, his odds seem slim to none. Watching his highlight vid, his hands seem good, though I didn't dive into drop statistics. He seems like he's lacking athletically. Big receivers seem to be phasing out a bit, especially big receivers without much speed or quickness.
Yeah, its Dhaquille or something. Miss St. I believe. I doubt he does much, but i wanted to dig deep and original.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

OhSnapItsAnt
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby OhSnapItsAnt » Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:03 pm

TheNuts wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:35 pm Tyrell Williams could be if anything happened to Brown injury wise.
X2, I actually think he’ll have a chance to feast as the Wr2 just like juju did with AB.. of course I’m not saying the same production because of obvious reasons but definitely a chance to feast
Team 1:
10 team SF, .5 ppr
1-QB 1-SF 3-WR 2-RB 1-TE 1-Flex
QB: Allen, Burrow, Goff, Aidan OConnel
RB: ETN, K Walker, Swift, Spears, Brooks, Benson, D Pierce, Herbert, McLaughlin, Roschon
WR: Aiyuk, AJB, Lamb, DJM, Dell, Higgins, E Moore, Michael Wilson
TE: Kincaid, Sinnott, Njoku

dipANDglide
All Pro
All Pro

Postby dipANDglide » Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:22 pm

Josh Reynolds could make a leap if Cooper isn't healthy and Woods/Cooks get dinged up.

Chase Edmonds is another name to watch. DJ wasn't efficient last year, is old and seems to get dinged up a lot. I'm trying to stash Edmonds where I can.

NickGB
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby NickGB » Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:22 pm

I'm going to assume we're talking in strictly size and strong hands here correct? Because if you lined up Terrell Owens and Duke Williams (yes I know that's not his real name) and had them race TO would beat the breaks off that kid it wouldn't even be close.
Team 1: SF/2TE/PPR

QB:Joe Burrow, Tua Tagovailoa, Teddy Bridgewater, Baker Mayfield, Jordan Love, Trevor Lawrence*
RB: De'Andre Swift, Johnathan Taylor, Ronald Rones
WR: Odell Beckham Jr, Mike Evans, A.J. Brown, D.J. Moore, Christian Kirk, Anthony Miller, Ja'Marr Chase*
TE: George Kittle, Hayden Hurst, Albert O, Brevin Jordan*

Titus Young's Lawyer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Titus Young's Lawyer » Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:41 am

This year’s Gus Edwards is going to be Gus Edwards.
12 Team Dynasty IDP PPR (Yr.7)
QB-Stafford
RBChubb,MixonJ.White
WRK.Allen, Golladay, Lazard, M.WilliamsIsabella,
TE-Ebron,Gesicki,Irv Smith
DL-Short
DE-Dunlap,L.Williams
LB-Kwon,Mosley,Shaq
CB+S-Bell,Thomas

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:03 pm

Maybe Taywan Taylor finally steps up in year 3.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:07 pm

Space Cowboy wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:03 pm Maybe Taywan Taylor finally steps up in year 3.
Oof, Taywan Taylor... now that's a disappointment I didn't want to be reminded of.

It's possible, I'm not optimistic though given how bad he is at tracking the ball in the air... but this would be his first year with relatively the same offense, and hes' been a guy that has had trouble learning the playbook. I guess that's what makes him a candidate for this thread. :lol: