Thinking about converting my league from yahoo help.

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
andy77725
Role Player
Role Player

Postby andy77725 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:16 pm

kris_kapsner wrote:
Does anyone know if trades are allowed on the site in the off season?
Yes, if your league is set up to allow trades in the offseason you can. In my league on MFL, the only time trades aren't allowed is weeks 13-17.

kris_kapsner
Legend
Legend

Postby kris_kapsner » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:27 pm

andy77725 wrote:
kris_kapsner wrote:
Yes, if your league is set up to allow trades in the offseason you can. In my league on MFL, the only time trades aren't allowed is weeks 13-17.
Thanks.

I'll double check that setting.

I think we just left it wide open with no trade deadline in our setting though. We manually enforced a trade deadline and it worked just fine. So, I'm hoping that we'll be able to use the site year round without a hick up.
16 team PPR Est. 2002 (Champion: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016)
Start: QB, 2-4WR, 2-3RB, 1-2TE, K, D
QB: Russell Wilson, Zach Wilson
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Chubb, Hunt, G. Bernard
WR: Adams, Metcalf, Callaway, Shepard, Watkins, Fuller, T. Williams, Proche
TE: Kelce, Pitts, Njoku, Seals-Jones
K: Gay
D: Vikings

hosler427
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby hosler427 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:00 am

brice587 wrote:In my experience the user interface of MFL is fairly dated, which means it takes a lot of time and knowledge for it to really be set up properly. This also means that some things, like submitting waiver claims, can be a bit of a pain. If you have the patience to figure it all out and don't mind paying than it is by far your best option for hostign a league. Personally, for the league I commish, I would rather spend a couple of hours once a year loading drafted players to ESPN and spend a little more time keeping track of draft picks and the draft on a message board than to deal with paying for and setting up MFL. I deal with enough pain in the bleep programs at work. That's my preference, but it is not for everyone. ESPN has done a lot in the past few years to improve pretty much everything about how their leagues work. We started using it for the DLF Charter in 2006, and in the past few years it has improved a ton. For a free service, I really can't complain about it too much.
The plus for MFL though is you set it up correctly ONCE and never have to do it again. The league renews each year and your settings stay the same. I understand how people think it is overwhelming to set up the league. It took me a couple months to figure everything out. I have been using MFL for probably 7-8 years and I am still learning things here and there.

jimmo
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby jimmo » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:49 am

kris_kapsner wrote:
jimmo wrote:
kris_kapsner wrote:
Things I don't like:
- I don't like that the entire line up has to be resubmitted because it presents a key problem. Example: A player that is started for the week, let's say a kicker, that is playing on Thursday night is dropped on Saturday for another kicker just to get a jump on picking up a different kicker for the following week. Then, on Sunday morning it's announced that a player isn't going to be playing, we'll use Jacoby Jones missing his plane as an example. The owner tries to go in and put a different WR in his starting line up and can't. The reason he's given for not being able to make the change by the website is that he has to submit his starting roster with the kicker he started on Thursday. The kicker is on waivers because he dropped him the day before. So, there is no way to switch out Jacoby Jones because he no longer has the kicker that already played. Does that make any sense? This happened to us with an owner this year. It was a mess. Because he was playing against me I gave him the option of having me resubmit his starting line up as the commissioner. But, there was no way to keep the points from the Thursday night game. LAME!!!
- I don't like that players can be dropped during games that they are starting for their owners. If you have a WR starting and he gets hurt in the first quarter, you can drop that player and pick up his back up. Of course you can't start him. But, I don't like being able to drop a player for another player while the game is in progress.
- The site is a little dated with zero bells and whistles. I wish it had a little more flare. There are ways to customize and make your site look a little better than the standard format. But, other sites blow MFL out of the water when it comes to pizazz.
- Searching for a player is a little cumbersome. If there is a way to search by name for free agents, I haven't found it yet.
Those first two are league set-up issues, though, not MFL issues. I really believe waivers should end when each players game starts,and then start up again tuesday or wednesday; I've never been in a league in which you can drop guys that are currently in your starting lineup and I'm surprised that that happens. Otherwise, a league is just asking for trouble, just like you experienced earlier Kris. Setting up waivers on MFL can be tricky, but its worth the time it might take to get it right.
We don't want our players to go on waivers unless they are dropped from a team. Then there is a two day wait period. But, otherwise, we like players to be available for pick up during the weekend. I don't think I can have it both ways.

I agree. Players should be available for pickup all weekend long and there is a setting for that. What can't be done, as far as I know (and shouldn't be done, really) is dropping a guy during a week when he's already played.

Trades are allowed in the offseason.