He Hate Me Moves - 2015

Moderator: TrueDawg

TrueDawg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: He Hate Me Moves - 2015

Postby TrueDawg » Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:26 am

OnABloodbuzz wrote:Sneaky.
How so? He was cut...he cleared waivers...I added him.

jimscafs25
Starter
Starter

Postby jimscafs25 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:50 am

I don't see a problem with the move. Everybody had a chance to put a claim on him when I cut him, and everyone had a chance to bid on him when he was added to your practice squad.

Now is he only eligible for a 1 year deal next season or would he be eligible for the 3 year deal?

monkeybones
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby monkeybones » Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:40 am

TrueDawg wrote:
monkeybones wrote:You did not make this transaction before the end of the season because your season ended when you lost in the playoffs.
Okay...but the rules don't say that. Obviously I was referring to the end of the LEAGUE season. Cleveland' was mathematically eliminated a couple weeks but they're still making moves. I see no reason teams can't make moves to improve their team for the future.
As the commish you have a clear advantage over the other teams who lost in the playoffs because you are forced to monitor the league. Do teams really have to monitor the WW after they have been eliminated from the playoffs? That seems excessive to me.
If you've paid attention at all, you'd know that I don't monitor it that closely. And everyone's playing week 15, right? So it's one extra week. Wow, that's really excessive.
I'm not going to fight over Andy Dalton but it just doesn't seem right to me. I don't think this was the intent of the new rule at all but if it stands then whatever. We need to clarify this going forward.
I suspect you and Dre would have a much different opinion if you had been the one who added him.
I was going to add him but didn't think I could. I saw the drop and actually went to KFFL to read the discussion on the rule change. This is what was posted:
We need to remove the transaction restriction for non-playoff teams once the playoffs start, because all teams are still playing for draft picks.
From this I interpreted the intent of the rule to mean teams still playing (for the championship or draft picks) could make moves. It was very clear to me and it just made common sense. My season is done. Why should I be able to pick up players when there are still teams trying to win a championship who could use those players?

There is no more reason to argue about it. We disagree and need to clarify the rules going forward.

OnABloodbuzz
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby OnABloodbuzz » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:06 pm

TrueDawg wrote:
OnABloodbuzz wrote:Sneaky.
How so? He was cut...he cleared waivers...I added him.
You know the rules and their flaws better than most, you're also watching transactions when most others have clocked off for the year. Legal, but sneaky, maybe clever is a better word?

No complaints, I'd have done the same if I was more on the ball.

OnABloodbuzz
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby OnABloodbuzz » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:09 pm

jimscafs25 wrote:I don't see a problem with the move. Everybody had a chance to put a claim on him when I cut him, and everyone had a chance to bid on him when he was added to your practice squad.

Now is he only eligible for a 1 year deal next season or would he be eligible for the 3 year deal?
Unless I've missed a change the rules state that PS bidding ends when playoffs begin.

Dre
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Dre » Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:03 pm

TrueDawg wrote: I suspect you and Dre would have a much different opinion if you had been the one who added him.
Wow, what a load of crap!

jimscafs25
Starter
Starter

Postby jimscafs25 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:13 pm

OnABloodbuzz wrote:
jimscafs25 wrote:I don't see a problem with the move. Everybody had a chance to put a claim on him when I cut him, and everyone had a chance to bid on him when he was added to your practice squad.

Unless I've missed a change the rules state that PS bidding ends when playoffs begin.
If bidding stops, then I agree, you shouldn't be able to add a player then either.

Dre
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Dre » Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:31 pm

But surely the rule should be that you can add/drop while you're in playoff contention, however once eliminated rosters should be locked.

I understand the rules are silent on this but I think this was the general idea everyone was working with, why should a team be able to add players once their season has ended?

I know everyone had an opportunity to get him but as MB said, no one was monitoring the transactions as we all assumed we couldn't make the add

Dre
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Dre » Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:35 pm

Anyway like MB said it's done now, just need to address it in the rules over the offseason

TrueDawg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby TrueDawg » Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:44 pm

monkeybones wrote:Why should I be able to pick up players when there are still teams trying to win a championship who could use those players?
Because its a DYNASTY league and we're playing for seasons beyond the current one?

TrueDawg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby TrueDawg » Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:46 pm

OnABloodbuzz wrote:You know the rules and their flaws better than most, you're also watching transactions when most others have clocked off for the year. Legal, but sneaky, maybe clever is a better word?
Again, if you've been paying attention, you know that I'm NOT watching it very closely...I went weeks without posting waiver claims or updating MFL.

TrueDawg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby TrueDawg » Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:50 pm

Dre wrote:Anyway like MB said it's done now, just need to address it in the rules over the offseason
It's not necessarily done. I mean, I can easily reverse it if you all think that's what should be done. I'm not a cheater.

Dre
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Dre » Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:54 pm

TrueDawg wrote:
monkeybones wrote:Why should I be able to pick up players when there are still teams trying to win a championship who could use those players?
Because its a DYNASTY league and we're playing for seasons beyond the current one?
Of course we are but we have a defined offseason, I mean isn't that why you dictate a starting date for when the offseason commences and a timeline?

I think owners should be able to relax after the season is over knowing that there are no further transactions until the offseason officially commences in June/July

TrueDawg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby TrueDawg » Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:59 pm

Dre wrote:I think owners should be able to relax after the season is over knowing that there are no further transactions until the offseason officially commences in June/July
So...isn't "after the season" after the championship game?

How is it fair that some teams can make PS moves going into week 16 but other teams can't? So some young guy who's getting a shot at the end of the season has a few good games and someone competing for the title or the #1 pick can add him to PS (and give him a 3 year deal the following offseason) but I can't?

If you want to be fair about it, then the PS should just be frozen once the playoffs start.

monkeybones
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby monkeybones » Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:02 pm

TrueDawg wrote:
Dre wrote:Anyway like MB said it's done now, just need to address it in the rules over the offseason
It's not necessarily done. I mean, I can easily reverse it if you all think that's what should be done. I'm not a cheater.
I don't want you to think I'm calling you a cheater because I'm not. You weren't trying to hide what you were doing. It's a transaction that I didn't agree with based on my interpretation of the rules so I brought it up.