Michael Thomas Thread: Still a WR1?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
mild
Legend
Legend

Re: Michael Thomas: Arguably the #1 Dynasty Asset?

Postby mild » Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:50 pm

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:34 am
Has anybody seen Thomas moved lately? What was the deal?
He moved -extremely- cheaply in my SF league the other week after the news. Borderline throw-in price. I hated it.

Elijah Moore, 1st, 2nd, 3rd
For
Etienne and MT

smbkrypt24
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby smbkrypt24 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:33 pm

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:07 am
Valhalla wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:26 am I think even Michael Thomas would rather read about reasons for concern over his future than read this HIPAA argument.
Agreed. I don’t know what inspires people to continue to reiterate these demonstrably incorrect ideas for pages after they’ve been demonstrated to be incorrect. Just give it up.

As for Thomas- earlier this off-season I thought he was a sneaky buy given what the volume of the offense might look like with Jameis. Nobody would sell him. Now, with Taysom Hill looking like he’s actually competing for the job and the ankle surgery, he’s extraordinarily risky. I think he might just be a sell-low rather than a hold. If you can still get a good second year WR in that Viska-Jeudy-Claypool-Aiyuk-Higgins tier, I’d accept that.

Regarding the Saints situation- does anybody think Taysom Hill actually wins/keeps this job? I have to imagine that would be a huge drag on Kamara, Tre’Quan, and Trautman. Have any of you been buying any parts of this offense?
Funny you post this. Just got offered:
M. Thomas, G. Davis
For
Claypool, Guice

I declined because of Thomas’ character concerns, age, and lingering ankle issues.
12 Team PPR Dynasty. Start 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex (RB/WR/TE), 1 K, 1 D, 21 roster spots.

2013 Startup
Team 1- 3rd in 2023
QB: Herbert, B. Purdy
RB: Bijan, Barkley, Akers, Dobbins
WR: T. Hill, Kupp, KA, JSN, T. Boyd, Mingo, Thomas, Toney
TE: Kelce, Andrews, Likely, Dulcic

2024: 1.01
2025: 1, 2, 2, 2

2019 Startup
Team 2- 4th in 2023
QB: Murray, Cousins, Wilson
RB: Bijan, JT, Kamara, Dobbins, Rodriguez
WR: Chase, G. Wilson, Di. Johnson, M. Wilson, W. Robinson, R. Rice
TE: McBride, Pitts, Kmet, Likely

2024: 1.01
2025: 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 2, 3

2021 Startup
Team 3- 11th in 2023
QB: Burrow, Cousins, Watson, Levis, Rodgers, Young
RB: Gibbs, Pacheco, Dobbins
WR: Chase, J. Jefferson, JSN, Palmer, Mooney, Tillman
TE: Schultz, Pitts, Likely, Okonkwo

2024: 1.01, 1.02, 1.03, 1.04, 2.03, 3.03, 3.06, 3.08
2025: 1, 2, 3

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:48 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:01 pm
murphysxm wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:33 pm
Bronco Billy wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:44 am There’s no question the talent is there - he’s fully proven that already.
While I agree with much of your post, this statement sticks out. If he had fuly proven it, he would not have had to sign a 1 year prove it deal. Jameis has yet to sign the paperwork to call himself a starting NFL QB.
Winston threw for 5,109 passing yards in a single season. Only 4 players in the history of the NFL have thrown for more. To say he has the talent to be a quality starter is pretty much a given. A QB doesn’t accidentally accomplish that in spite of the lack of talent that he has.

The kid is smart and is as hard and dedicated a worker as there is in the league.
His problem has been his decision making in game situations and his lack of maturity - which is downright alarming at times. Good coaching could alleviate the former, and just growing the **** up could alleviate the latter (which sitting on a bench for a year combined with a strong role model and some good coaching just might turn the tide). Maybe not, but I can’t understand how the level of talent is disputable.
Don't buy that at all (in bold). We aren't around all players and have limited access to things. Jameis has "talent", in terms of throwing a ball. I agree, he's terrible at making in game decisions. He's also been terrible making decisions outside of the football field. In fact, even last year his "dancing with W's" routine cost the Saints a draft pick. Jameis is just not going to be a long term starter again, IMO. I'm going to die on that hill, if necessary. The NFL has clearly shown they feel the same way, and unless he has some Tannehill type turnaround, without the mobility he possesses, he's destined to be a backup.
Last edited by FantasyFreak on Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:50 pm

murphysxm wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:33 pm
Bronco Billy wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:44 am There’s no question the talent is there - he’s fully proven that already.
While I agree with much of your post, this statement sticks out. If he had fuly proven it, he would not have had to sign a 1 year prove it deal. Jameis has yet to sign the paperwork to call himself a starting NFL QB.
Twice.
Janiel Dones Truther

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:56 pm

Drawing a blank. How did his "dancing with W's" routine cost the Saints a draft pick?

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:01 pm

FiremanEd wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:56 pm Drawing a blank. How did his "dancing with W's" routine cost the Saints a draft pick?
It broke Covid protocols. Winston was filmed without a mask when he was supposed to have one, it went to the public, and the NFL took away a pick. Admittedly the player who filmed it should also be called a bonehead for posting it. It was also all of them. It just seemed to be that Winston was doing an act, and that's what spurred the video to start recording. They were all to blame, but he was front and center. I will also say that's ultimately on Payton. However it's just another bad thing on the resume for Jameis. Ultimately, I do believe the Saints reset next year at QB, in accordance with the cap alleviation, and at a lot of positions. They will need to rebuild a bit very soon IMO.
Janiel Dones Truther

Bronco Billy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:10 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:01 pm
FiremanEd wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:56 pm Drawing a blank. How did his "dancing with W's" routine cost the Saints a draft pick?
It broke Covid protocols. Winston was filmed without a mask when he was supposed to have one, it went to the public, and the NFL took away a pick. Admittedly the player who filmed it should also be called a bonehead for posting it. It was also all of them. It just seemed to be that Winston was doing an act, and that's what spurred the video to start recording. They were all to blame, but he was front and center. I will also say that's ultimately on Payton. However it's just another bad thing on the resume for Jameis. Ultimately, I do believe the Saints reset next year at QB, in accordance with the cap alleviation, and at a lot of positions. They will need to rebuild a bit very soon IMO.
Multiple vids were posted that were taken by at least 3 different Saints, and several players were pictured celebrating while not wearing masks. Completely disingenuous to hang that on just Winston or to say he was leading it, but hey some people mold the story to fit their narrative.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:17 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:10 pm
Multiple vids were posted that were taken by at least 3 different Saints, and several players were pictured celebrating while not wearing masks. Completely disingenuous to hang that on just Winston or to say he was leading it, but hey some people mold the story to fit their narrative.
I was overly exaggerating his involvment with his "dancing with W's", admittedly, in my original post. That's why I later clarified. The vid I saw, it was Winston front an centre doing an exaggerated dance. I assumed of course, that the guy filming saw it, and started filming. He was involved, but it was on Payton, as I said, and all the other players, which I also said. Molding a story to fit my narrative? It's really no different to you saying he's as hard a worker as there is in the NFL with absolutely nothing to back it to fit yours. Winston is a dullard IMO. Even without this situation. He's also not a starting level QB in the NFL. You obviously disagree, and that's fine. I don't want to beat a dead horse. Will try and steer this back to MT in future.
Janiel Dones Truther

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:44 pm

So he went from "Eating a W" to "Dancing with a W"? I hadn't seen the 2nd video, but I'm sure I can imagine what that must have looked like.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:10 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:17 pm
Bronco Billy wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:10 pm

I was overly exaggerating his involvment with his "dancing with W's", admittedly, in my original post. That's why I later clarified. The vid I saw, it was Winston front an centre doing an exaggerated dance. I assumed of course, that the guy filming saw it, and started filming. He was involved, but it was on Payton, as I said, and all the other players, which I also said. Molding a story to fit my narrative? It's really no different to you saying he's as hard a worker as there is in the NFL with absolutely nothing to back it to fit yours. Winston is a dullard IMO. Even without this situation. He's also not a starting level QB in the NFL. You obviously disagree, and that's fine. I don't want to beat a dead horse. Will try and steer this back to MT in future.
You showed more patience here than I would have. Well done.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

frerichs5
MVP
MVP

Postby frerichs5 » Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:59 pm

mild wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:50 pm
OhCruelestRanter wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:34 am
Has anybody seen Thomas moved lately? What was the deal?
He moved -extremely- cheaply in my SF league the other week after the news. Borderline throw-in price. I hated it.

Elijah Moore, 1st, 2nd, 3rd
For
Etienne and MT
I just shipped him off in my SF league

Thomas, Deebo, Hunter Henry
For
Diontae, Josh Jacobs, K Vaughn
12 Team PPR, SF, TEP (2 PPR)
QB, SF, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, 2 Flex

QB - Burrow, Prescott, Cousins
RB - Jacobs, Etienne, Kamara, Hubbard, Ford, Gibson, Dobbins, CEH, Hunt, Guerendo
WR - Chase, Lamb, Metcalf, Diontae, Ridley, Bateman, Thielen, Iosivas, Charlie Jones, Derius Davis
TE - Kincaid, Goedert, Fant, Jelani Woods, Jared Wiley

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:05 pm

^ I'm a big Jacobs believer (definitely for 2022+ but I'm also optimistic for 2021) so I like this deal a lot. :thumbup:
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, CWilliams
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JFord, Corum, JWright
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, Q Johnston, DeDouglas, MCorley
TE: Goedert, Okongwo
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, DLloyd; (DE/DL) Sieler; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, Singletary, AJD, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, VJefferson, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

Edgy68
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Edgy68 » Sat Aug 07, 2021 9:00 pm

This late surgery along with the diva-like behavior of last season made him a priority sell for me. I took a 2023 1st (from a team that finished 11th this season) and a 2022 2nd for Thomas and Mattison to eliminate the headache. He has his money and may rebound for 1 or 2 seasons, but I believe it will be at a lesser level. I was willing to get out for whatever I could get.
Wasteland
12-team, PPR 25 roster 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1(RB/WR/TE), 1 D/ST
QB J. Burrow, A. Richardson
RB J. Taylor, B. Hall, D. Henry, D. Achane, K. Miller, R. Johnson, M. Sanders, T. Sermon, C. Patterson, P. Strong, K. Ingram, TDP
WR AJ Brown, J. Chase, C. Lamb, C. Ridley, JSN, G. Pickens, K. Osborn, J. Meyers, A. Pierce, T. Scott
TE T. Kelce, D. Goedert, G. Dulcich, J. Woods
D/ST MIN, PIT, DEN

Panthers
12-team SF, .5 PPR 35 roster: 1QB, 1SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX, 2DB, 2LB, 2DL, 1FLEX
QB J. Burrow, A. Richardson, B. Mayfield, J. Winston, S. Howell
RB J. Mixon, E. Elliott, N. Chubb, J. Kelley, K. Harris, J. Ford
WR T. Higgins, C. Ridley, J. Smith-Njigba, D. Hopkins, C. Godwin, J. Mingo
TE T. Kelce, K. Pitts, Z. Ertz, D. Goedert, J. Ferguson
DB R. Grant, J. Simmons
DL D. Hunter, A. Highsmith, S. Hubbard
LB C. Mosley, A. Singleton, P. Queen, D. Deablo
1.03, 2.03, 2.06, 3.05, 4.06

j4pac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby j4pac » Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:03 am

As a Saints fan I have legit concerns and have had them for some time. He is exceptionally talented...HOF talented. But he has a lot of Antonio Brown. A little bit crazy. Doesn’t face adversity well. I’d be surprised if he’s a Saints player next year. But yeah...the guy has the single season record for receptions. He is still an elite talent.
SF, PPR, 12 team, 12 player dynasty

QB- Lawrence, Fields, Tannehill (max 2 keepers, 3 rostered)
RB- Bijan Robinson, T Pollard, Allgeier, Charbonnet, Achane, J Wilson, Kelley, K Williams
WR- Lamb, Jeudy, Hill, C Olave, A Pierce, Shaheed, Bourne
TE- Goedert, Musgrave

lic217
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby lic217 » Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:34 am

Moved MT and David Montgomery for Barkley because of my concerns with MT.