General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Christian McCaffrey Thread: CMC Extension

Postby cazzie33 » Fri Feb 17, 2023 1:22 am

Finfansteve wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 10:03 pm
Mjvb5 wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 7:56 pm
Finfansteve wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 5:33 pm Is he worth trading a couple mid 1sts for at this stage of his career? Id like to pair him with JT as my starting rbs in one league but I’m not sure his longevity will be there to give up two firsts for him even tho when he plays he’s stupidly productive.
Are the games he plays in for whatever is left of his career worth giving up the chance to draft a couple rbs from this draft class and taking a chance on them instead?

I worry about McCaffreys age and historical fragility at this stage of his career when I could use the picks and maybe find a capable second rb to pair with JT.
Mid 1s I'd rather just stick and pick say jsn and addison as I have them as my likely bpa in the 5-8 range
The problem with that is I can only start 4wrs and already have JJ, Chase, AJB, waddle and dkm on my roster at wr so I have to look at other positions in this draft. I also have Lamar and Herbert at qb and Kittle and Pitts at TE and being a keeper vs dynasty my roster spots are limited
In a keeper lg w/o knowing how yours' works CMC is worth it. Especially after looking @ your roster.

Might I suggest not worrying about the picks as likely nobody is going to be a keeper over what's on your roster now. Unless you keep almost everyone anyhow.

Must not be a serious group or highly competitive lg across the board to allow you to amass that roster AND still have the 1.02 plus more first rd picks in a 12 teamer.

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Fri Feb 17, 2023 4:07 am

Given your league rules, your roster, and your other draft picks, I'd probably go get CMC. In a true dynasty, I'd probably keep the picks.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, CWilliams
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JFord, Corum, JWright
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, Q Johnston, DeDouglas, MCorley
TE: Goedert, Okongwo
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, DLloyd; (DE/DL) Sieler; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, Singletary, AJD, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, VJefferson, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Fri Feb 17, 2023 9:05 am

Anteaters wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 4:07 am Given your league rules, your roster, and your other draft picks, I'd probably go get CMC. In a true dynasty, I'd probably keep the picks.
Really? I was thinking the other way, with a keeper league your draft pool will have all of the incoming rookies plus some quality vets! Not sure what their roster size/keeper amounts are but some leagues you can find some real gems getting dropped.

I can appreciate the arguments for either side though. I just know I have shite luck with injuries so I tend to err on the side of caution and aim to have good depth (lost Dobbins/Waller/Penny/Hollywood/Cpatt/Godwin for various lengths of time this season and still made the playoffs even after a big fire sale around week 10 or so).
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Fri Feb 17, 2023 2:38 pm

nathanq42 wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 9:05 am
Anteaters wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 4:07 am Given your league rules, your roster, and your other draft picks, I'd probably go get CMC. In a true dynasty, I'd probably keep the picks.
Really? I was thinking the other way, with a keeper league your draft pool will have all of the incoming rookies plus some quality vets! Not sure what their roster size/keeper amounts are but some leagues you can find some real gems getting dropped.

I can appreciate the arguments for either side though. I just know I have shite luck with injuries so I tend to err on the side of caution and aim to have good depth (lost Dobbins/Waller/Penny/Hollywood/Cpatt/Godwin for various lengths of time this season and still made the playoffs even after a big fire sale around week 10 or so).
I agree veteran gems can get available. But when healthy, not many can match up to CMC's per game potential. That's one reason I'd prefer CMC in this league with that roster.

Another reason for me? In a true dynasty, when you get an often injured player on your roster you sometimes feel "stuck" with him. You obviously can't cut him because of his potential, but you also can rarely get decent return on a trade. Especially if he's in the middle of an injury. In a keeper with low keep numbers, you can make the justification for cutting a troublesome hold. In fact, I sometimes drop a pretty decent (but flawed) player to muddy the waters in the next draft.

Also, in this league, we're looking at not being able to keep the two draft picks because of low keeper numbers AND the two picks not being good enough as rookies to contribute to helping this team. So, instead of drafting two guys that won't start for the team and won't be good enough to keep, it makes sense to me to consolidate the picks and get a potential stud who can contribute.

Like you said, there isn't a glaringly obvious answer here. There's a lot of strategy preference at play. I could see the other side. It could go right or go wrong either way.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, CWilliams
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JFord, Corum, JWright
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, Q Johnston, DeDouglas, MCorley
TE: Goedert, Okongwo
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, DLloyd; (DE/DL) Sieler; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, Singletary, AJD, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, VJefferson, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

Finfansteve
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Finfansteve » Fri Feb 17, 2023 6:26 pm

Anteaters wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 2:38 pm
nathanq42 wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 9:05 am

I agree veteran gems can get available. But when healthy, not many can match up to CMC's per game potential. That's one reason I'd prefer CMC in this league with that roster.

Another reason for me? In a true dynasty, when you get an often injured player on your roster you sometimes feel "stuck" with him. You obviously can't cut him because of his potential, but you also can rarely get decent return on a trade. Especially if he's in the middle of an injury. In a keeper with low keep numbers, you can make the justification for cutting a troublesome hold. In fact, I sometimes drop a pretty decent (but flawed) player to muddy the waters in the next draft.

Also, in this league, we're looking at not being able to keep the two draft picks because of low keeper numbers AND the two picks not being good enough as rookies to contribute to helping this team. So, instead of drafting two guys that won't start for the team and won't be good enough to keep, it makes sense to me to consolidate the picks and get a potential stud who can contribute.

Like you said, there isn't a glaringly obvious answer here. There's a lot of strategy preference at play. I could see the other side. It could go right or go wrong either way.
You’re right. On a young team like this drafting three rookies then trying to find find room under the amount of players I can keep going into 2024 doesn’t make much sense. I probably have to combine these picks into CMC or some other useful vet RB I can use the next couple of years
Qb: Hurts, geno Smith
Rb: JT, Gibbs, Montgomery, Roschon, Z. White, Ty Chandler
Wr: AJB, JJ, Chase, waddle, G Wilson
TE: Pitts, Kincaid, Likely, Njoku

2024 1.01, 1.04, 1.05
10 team
9 players kept yearly
Non PPR
Not super flex
Start 1/1/2/1/2 flex
1 point per first down
All tds 6 points