Rookie WR Production 2023

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ThirdWW
Captain
Captain

Re: Rookie WR Production 2023

Postby ThirdWW » Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:50 pm

mild wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 5:50 pm
frerichs5 wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 5:27 pm Gotcha. I follow that reasoning and don’t disagree if you move fast once the offseason starts.

I do disagree with this:
“In all likelihood you're holding the go-to playmaking option for rookie year Drake Maye in 2024.”

But I may be wrong. Haha
I don't think you'll need to move fast. I think the drumbeat will grow pretty steadily until the end of April if Douglas continues on this path. He's practically the only bright spot on the team at this point.

re. Drake (or whoever's) go-to option will be in 2024... by the time the Pats pick again (top of the 2nd round) you're likely looking at that Troy Franklin / Adonai Mitchell / Ja'Corey Brooks range of WR.

MAYBE Xavier Worthy is there for them. *maybe*

Just saying - with teams reaching higher and higher for premium WR prospects in the draft, I don't think it's a slam dunk that a roster-altering guy will be there for them in the early 2nd.

Add to that, that the Patriots don't exactly have a *stellar* record for picking the correct WR.

A raw twitchy guy like Douglas after an offseason of training could be a sneaky good bet (that a lot of owners may want to make) at the price he's likely to cost. Even if he lands as more of a #2 - the whole idea of buying into a Drake or Caleb offense is this idea that they will be able to support multiple pass catchers - just like Stroud with the Tank Dell / Nico Collins / Noah Brown king-making.

Regardless, you won't have to be convinced of it if you pursue the offseason sale. You just have to hope that one of your 11 other league-mates will be.
Troy Franklin bout to take someone’s job next year.
Team One:
Year 12
12 team, .5 ppr
QB 2RB 3WR TE FLEX K DL LB DB

QB - CJ Stroud
RB - Tank Bigsby, Sean Tucker, Chris Rodriguez, cans
WR - Garrett Wilson, Drake London, JSN, Jahan Dotson, Demario Douglas
TE - Kyle Pitts, Cade Otton, Chig Okonkwo

2024 Picks: 1.1, 1.2, 1.9, 2.6, 2.10, 3.1, 3.2, 3.7, 4.1, 4.10
2025 Picks: 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 4

Team Two:
Year 2
12 team, .5 ppr, SF
QB SF 2RB 3WR TE 2FLEX K

QB - Joe Burrow, Kyler Murray, Daniel Jones
RB - Roschon Johnson, Kendre Miller, cans
WR - Amon-Ra St. Brown, Chris Olave, Jaylen Waddle, Jordan Addison, Jahan Dotson, Demario Douglas, Elijah Moore, Wan’Dale Robinson
TE - Kyle Pitts, Trey McBride, Jake Ferguson, Chig

2024 Picks: 1.08, 1.12, 2.11, 4.1, 4.11
2025 Picks 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 4

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:14 am

wickerkat1212 wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:09 pm
blemly wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:08 pm Douglas got dropped in my league around week 4/5 and I scooped him up. Happy to hold for the price of free.
I HAD HIM and dropped him.

So open score—does an open score of 61 mean they're open 61% of the time, or something else?
I don’t think so. I just know that “league average” is 50

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/346 ... yac-scores
For every route run, Open Score assesses the likelihood a receiver would be able to complete a catch, conditional on if he were targeted. The assessment takes place a moment before pass release (0.2 seconds prior), because defenders read the shoulders of the quarterback at release and break on the targeted receiver.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:12 am

blemly wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:08 pm Douglas got dropped in my league around week 4/5 and I scooped him up. Happy to hold for the price of free.

So open score—does an open score of 61 mean they're open 61% of the time, or something else?
No. And it doesn't mean that 73 is a better route runner than 67, unless the difference is significant. Ultimately, you just want to see players in a range where their separation is not a hindrance to fantasy production.

There's no official scale, but from looking at previous years I interpret it as

80+ = Elite
70-79 = Good
60-69 = Above average
50-59 = Average
40-49 = Mediocre/below Average
30-39 = Bad
<30 = Worse than awful

Barring a few exceptions, you really, really want to stay clear of players in the <40 range, especially if they appear there in multiple seasons.

The lower you get, the more you see players declining or struggling to stay relevant. Allen Lazard for example was a healthy scratch last week. His Open Score on the season is a career low 26. Quentin Johnston has one of the worst OS scores for a rookie ever at 26. Alec Pierce has two consecutive <40 seasons and he's been immediately out produced by Josh Downs.

It's not perfect. Between this, PFF Separation Grade and Reception Perception, all of them have flaws. It's good to cross check as much as you can to get the clearest picture. But, going through all the seasons since 2017, Open Score is very good at recognizing good and high-end separation skills and poor performance. A few oversights, but that comes with any stat.
Last edited by Cameron Giles on Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:13 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:14 am

I don’t think so. I just know that “league average” is 50

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/346 ... yac-scores
For every route run, Open Score assesses the likelihood a receiver would be able to complete a catch, conditional on if he were targeted. The assessment takes place a moment before pass release (0.2 seconds prior), because defenders read the shoulders of the quarterback at release and break on the targeted receiver.
Thanks.
D3:
QB—Allen, JJM RB—Gibbs, Kamara, Jacobs, LLOYD, Zamir, Edwards, Ford, Warren, McLaughlin WR—MHJ, Lamb, Olave, DJM, Shaheed, RICE, VJefferson TE—Engram, Muth, Washington, Kraft, THEO PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, BENSON, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, POLK, CORLEY, COWING, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, TJOHNSON, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, RATTLER RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Mostert, BRob, ESTIME WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Lockett, Myers, COWING, MWASHINGTON TE—Kmet, Kraft, SANDERS, Conklin, Hurst PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: MAYE, Goff, Cousins, PENIX RB: Bijan, BRob, Zamir, Allgeier, McLaughlin, Hull WR: HARRISON, DJM, Higgins, JSN, BTHOMAS, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, COWING, Reynolds TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Hurst, WILEY, Trautman, Tremble, Dissly, Reiman

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:14 am

Are you guys holding onto share of Boutte or have you already moved on? He was a late fourth-round snag, and I haven't seen much from him this year. Based on the stats in this thread, I'm guessing we can let him go?
D3:
QB—Allen, JJM RB—Gibbs, Kamara, Jacobs, LLOYD, Zamir, Edwards, Ford, Warren, McLaughlin WR—MHJ, Lamb, Olave, DJM, Shaheed, RICE, VJefferson TE—Engram, Muth, Washington, Kraft, THEO PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, BENSON, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, POLK, CORLEY, COWING, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, TJOHNSON, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, RATTLER RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Mostert, BRob, ESTIME WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Lockett, Myers, COWING, MWASHINGTON TE—Kmet, Kraft, SANDERS, Conklin, Hurst PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: MAYE, Goff, Cousins, PENIX RB: Bijan, BRob, Zamir, Allgeier, McLaughlin, Hull WR: HARRISON, DJM, Higgins, JSN, BTHOMAS, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, COWING, Reynolds TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Hurst, WILEY, Trautman, Tremble, Dissly, Reiman

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:19 am

wickerkat1212 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:14 am Are you guys holding onto share of Boutte or have you already moved on? He was a late fourth-round snag, and I haven't seen much from him this year. Based on the stats in this thread, I'm guessing we can let him go?
He's an easy drop. The chances of him becoming relevant are ridiculously slim.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:26 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:19 am
wickerkat1212 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:14 am Are you guys holding onto share of Boutte or have you already moved on? He was a late fourth-round snag, and I haven't seen much from him this year. Based on the stats in this thread, I'm guessing we can let him go?
Yeah, that's what I figured. Such a shame.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

Bronco Billy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:31 am

wickerkat1212 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:26 am
Cameron Giles wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:19 am
Yeah, that's what I figured. Such a shame.
That ‘21 ankle injury looks like it might have completely derailed any career he might have had,

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:41 pm

Everyone in my house has Covid, so not sure if I can do an update this week. I don’t think a lot has changed anyway.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:25 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:41 pm Everyone in my house has Covid, so not sure if I can do an update this week. I don’t think a lot has changed anyway.
No worries. Feel better.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:33 pm

Get well DD

The biggest changes from last week are

Tank Dell falls into the 57-66 range and will finish there after his season ending injury (why tf was he out there for that play). Not bad, but he was tracking in that top group for a minute.

Laporta is over 50 ypg now and would be the 4th best Rookie WR in terms of ypg. He also raised his YPT to 7.9, so he's about to break through that 8.0 threshold

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Wed Dec 06, 2023 4:59 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:33 pm Get well DD

Tank Dell falls into the 57-66 range and will finish there after his season ending injury (why tf was he out there for that play). Not bad, but he was tracking in that top group for a minute.

Laporta is over 50 ypg now and would be the 4th best Rookie WR in terms of ypg. He also raised his YPT to 7.9, so he's about to break through that 8.0 threshold
I'd view him in that top group anyway. He only played 9 snaps in the game.

gpaok
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby gpaok » Wed Dec 06, 2023 6:59 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 4:59 pm
Jigga94 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:33 pm Get well DD

I'd view him in that top group anyway. He only played 9 snaps in the game.
Was about to say the same! Let’s also hope he comes back strong!

DD hope you feel better!
10 team Dynasty Superflex, 1 PPR, 20 + 3 IR player roster
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, SFlex, Flex, DEF

QB: Patrick Mahomes, Lamar Jackson, Josh Allen
RB: Nick Chubb, J.K. Dobbins, Travis Etienne, Rhamondre Stevenson, Rachaad White, Khalil Herbert, Tank Bigsby, Jaylen Warren, Jerome Ford, Kyren Williams, Tank Bigsby
WR: Amari Cooper, CeeDee Lamb, Ja’Marr Chase, Calvin Ridley, Tank Dell
TE:T.J. Hockenson, Trey McBride, Jake Ferguson

Tvols
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Tvols » Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:21 pm

Is Covid still a thing or common cold or flu I thought Biden administration destroyed it
16 teamer
QB T Law, R Wilson
rb- Mixon,pollard, J Hill, conner,
WR-Chase,Lamb,T Hill, R Bateman, C sutton, boyd
Te Kelce, Waller, Fant,Evertt,
1qb,2-3rb,3-5wr,1-2 TE
Full IDP

Tvols
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Tvols » Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:22 pm