General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Jameson Williams Thread

Postby Hottoddies » Sat May 06, 2023 2:35 pm

Patsfan86 wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 1:47 pm
murphysxm wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 12:54 pm
Patsfan86 wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 11:11 am I knows it’s a different position but Gibbs being drafted this year as an explosive playmaker is also just not good for Jameson. That 41 yard run Jameson had last year is going to go to Gibbs now. I don’t see any significant target share for Williams now. I think he can do exactly what Detroit drafted him for but for fantasy it seems now more than ever that he just won’t get the volume he needs
This seems to be quite a stretch to me.
Pass attempts are pass attempts, wether they are to a WR, RB, Or TE. Where do you see Jameson getting substantial fantasy volume from now? Gibbs will take away targets from every player. Goff especially used to love checking down to Gurley
After you take out the production that Amon-Ra St. Brown received last year you still have 249 receptions and 3,102 yards to hand out. There should be enough goodies to go around.
"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers." - Socrates

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sat May 06, 2023 2:43 pm

Patsfan86 wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 11:11 am I knows it’s a different position but Gibbs being drafted this year as an explosive playmaker is also just not good for Jameson. That 41 yard run Jameson had last year is going to go to Gibbs now. I don’t see any significant target share for Williams now. I think he can do exactly what Detroit drafted him for but for fantasy it seems now more than ever that he just won’t get the volume he needs
Ahh the dead months in dynasty of May-July

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Sat May 06, 2023 3:28 pm

Pass attempts are pass attempts, wether they are to a WR, RB, Or TE. Where do you see Jameson getting substantial fantasy volume from now? Gibbs will take away targets from every player. Goff especially used to love checking down to Gurley
I mean.. Swift missed a bunch of time, but still had 70 targets last year. My guess is the targets mostly come from there.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Sat May 06, 2023 3:37 pm

No pass attempts are not pass attempts. If Jameson and Gibbs are competing for the same touches, Jameson is toast. I don't have fear of this.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat May 06, 2023 11:28 pm

murphysxm wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 3:37 pm

No pass attempts are not pass attempts. If Jameson and Gibbs are competing for the same touches, Jameson is toast. I don't have fear of this.
The issue with them drafting Gibbs, for FF purposes, is it makes sense tactically, to have Jameson running a lot of 9 routes (clearout routes), in order to set up pass attempts for Gibbs in space. Had the Lions taken a guard, or DE in the first round, there really wouldn't be as much to worry about in this regard, with a guy like Monty there.

I don't think Jameson Williams is going to be a high target WR. I think he'll have some big games, but I don't think he's going to be getting a high target share, like a lot of other teams "WR1". With ARSB, Gibbs, and eventually Laporta, they have a ton of really good passing game weapons.

Williams fits a very important role for real football, but my concern is it won't be all that great for FF. Boom bust type outlook IMO. One of the reasons I moved him, beyond the fact the between the ears downside.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

SteveMaddensShoes
Legend
Legend

Postby SteveMaddensShoes » Sun May 07, 2023 11:14 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 11:28 pm

The issue with them drafting Gibbs, for FF purposes, is it makes sense tactically, to have Jameson running a lot of 9 routes (clearout routes), in order to set up pass attempts for Gibbs in space. Had the Lions taken a guard, or DE in the first round, there really wouldn't be as much to worry about in this regard, with a guy like Monty there.

I don't think Jameson Williams is going to be a high target WR. I think he'll have some big games, but I don't think he's going to be getting a high target share, like a lot of other teams "WR1". With ARSB, Gibbs, and eventually Laporta, they have a ton of really good passing game weapons.

Williams fits a very important role for real football, but my concern is it won't be all that great for FF. Boom bust type outlook IMO. One of the reasons I moved him, beyond the fact the between the ears downside.
Can he be a Mike Wallace? Or a healthy Will Fuller? Both put up great stats as more of a vertical threat if I remember correctly. Neither were hardly their own teams wr1.
TEAM 1 - 12 man SF. ppr, TEP 1.65 ppr

11 starters - QB, RB(2) WR(3) TE, SF, Flex(3)

Stroud, Kyler, Bryce Young, Anthony Richardson, Minshew, Trey Lance, Dalton l, Mike White

Breece, Achane, AJ Dillon, Justice Hill, Evan Hull, Chris Rodgriquez

Chase, Lamb, Waddle, Olave, London Drake, Demario Davis, Jake Bobo

Kyle Pitts, Mark Andrews, Kincaid, Schoonmaker

24 picks - 1x2, 3,4,5

Team 2-
12 man SF, .25ppc, .5ppr rbs, 1 ppr wr, 1.5 ppr TE

Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawerence, Jake Haehner, Jake Browning

JT, Kendre Miller,, K Ingram, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Kenny Macintosh, Sean Tucker

Puka, Rondale, Mooney, Wan’dale, Terrace Marshall, DPJ, Justyn Ross, Xavier Hutchinson,

Kyle Pitts, Luke Musgrave, Juwan Johnson, Darnell Washington, Jelani Woods, Elijah Higgins

24 - 1st x 3, 2nd x 2, 4th x 3 ,5

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Sun May 07, 2023 12:23 pm

SteveMaddensShoes wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 11:14 am

Can he be a Mike Wallace? Or a healthy Will Fuller? Both put up great stats as more of a vertical threat if I remember correctly. Neither were hardly their own teams wr1.
With Goff? My concern would be a Sammy Watkins situation. The hope would be that he fills the role more similar to Brandin Cooks, which seems possible.

WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
K - Just a stupid kicker

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Sun May 07, 2023 12:35 pm

ericanadian wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 12:23 pm

With Goff? My concern would be a Sammy Watkins situation. The hope would be that he fills the role more similar to Brandin Cooks, which seems possible.
Detroit was the 3rd ranked offense last year and 7th in passing yards. They may be even better this year. Goff certainly wasn't the problem last year.

Williamson is going to have to earn targets when he gets back from suspension. I don't see the offense running through him anytime soon. I do see Gibbs and Amon- Ra dominating touches this season.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Bronco Billy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sun May 07, 2023 1:20 pm

If DET isn’t going to use Williams on skinny posts, slants, and out patterns then they ought to just trade him to a team with more brain power. Williams’ foundation is his speed, but that speed set him up on those other patterns and he was lethal on them, especially the slants. He’d get the ball crossing the field and be past the defenders before they even realized how badly they misjudged their attack angle.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Sun May 07, 2023 1:27 pm

Ice wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 12:35 pm

Detroit was the 3rd ranked offense last year and 7th in passing yards. They may be even better this year. Goff certainly wasn't the problem last year.

Williamson is going to have to earn targets when he gets back from suspension. I don't see the offense running through him anytime soon. I do see Gibbs and Amon- Ra dominating touches this season.
Goff can put up yards. He did so with McVay as well. He just has a mediocre deep ball. Watkins clearly had issues of his own, so his production certainly wasn’t all on Goff, but there’s plenty of video of Goff missing on deep balls back with the Rams. There’s a reason the Rams moved him for Stafford.

K - Just a stupid kicker

ThirdWW
Captain
Captain

Postby ThirdWW » Sun May 07, 2023 6:15 pm

[/quote]

[/quote]

This is the best answer I’ve seen here. Also the reason I traded him away as a Lions homer.
Team One:
Year 12
12 team, .5 ppr
QB 2RB 3WR TE FLEX K DL LB DB

QB - CJ Stroud
RB - Tank Bigsby, Sean Tucker, Chris Rodriguez, cans
WR - Garrett Wilson, Drake London, JSN, Jahan Dotson, Demario Douglas
TE - Kyle Pitts, Cade Otton, Chig Okonkwo

2024 Picks: 1.1, 1.2, 1.9, 2.6, 2.10, 3.1, 3.2, 3.7, 4.1, 4.10
2025 Picks: 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 4

Team Two:
Year 2
12 team, .5 ppr, SF
QB SF 2RB 3WR TE 2FLEX K

QB - Joe Burrow, Kyler Murray, Daniel Jones
RB - Roschon Johnson, Kendre Miller, cans
WR - Amon-Ra St. Brown, Chris Olave, Jaylen Waddle, Jordan Addison, Jahan Dotson, Demario Douglas, Elijah Moore, Wan’Dale Robinson
TE - Kyle Pitts, Trey McBride, Jake Ferguson, Chig

2024 Picks: 1.08, 1.12, 2.11, 4.1, 4.11
2025 Picks 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 4

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Sun May 07, 2023 6:19 pm

ericanadian wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 1:27 pm
Ice wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 12:35 pm

Goff can put up yards. He did so with McVay as well. He just has a mediocre deep ball. Watkins clearly had issues of his own, so his production certainly wasn’t all on Goff, but there’s plenty of video of Goff missing on deep balls back with the Rams. There’s a reason the Rams moved him for Stafford.
There is also a reason the lions didn’t move up to 1.1.

Goff isn’t perfect but he isn’t the problem. I also expect him to throw it plenty to Williamson on posts and slants and deep but it’s a major stretch if one believes he will take over as the 1 over Amon in a while.

Goff is better than many think IMO. Stafford served a purpose for sure but no way Detroit would swap back today.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Gazzerk
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Gazzerk » Sun May 07, 2023 7:30 pm

Would anyone send him straight for the 1.06 in a 1QB? That’s likely looking at Flowers/Charb/Miller etc area. It may be an option for me but I am still pretty high on Jameson. I think I’d rather “gamble” on his upside than any of the guys in that 1.06 range.
Team:14 Team Dynasty 1/2 PPR Unlimited Keepers 2IR
Starting Reqs: 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1WRT 1K 1Def
QB - Mahomes, Caleb Williams
RB - Bijan, Najee, Mostert, Chase Brown, Jaylen Wright, T. Tracy
WR - Chase, Waddle, A. Cooper, Odunze, JSN, Jameson Williams, Downs, QJ, Pearsall
TE - Andrews, Kelce, Bowers
K- Butker
Def- Chiefs

Picks:
2025 1st, 2 3rds
2026 1st, 3rd
2027 1st, 2nd, 3rd

j4pac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby j4pac » Sun May 07, 2023 8:39 pm

I traded him earlier today, along with Murray, K Herbert, and Brian Robinson for Pollard and 1.07. I wasn’t going to be able to retain Murray, Robinson, or Herbert anyway. I’m honestly a little bit relieved to get rid of both Murray and Jameson. I could easily be selling low, but their personalities honestly scare me. I’m excited about Pollard
SF, PPR, 12 team, 12 player dynasty

QB- Lawrence, Fields, Tannehill (max 2 keepers, 3 rostered)
RB- Bijan Robinson, T Pollard, Allgeier, Charbonnet, Achane, J Wilson, Kelley, K Williams
WR- Lamb, Jeudy, Hill, C Olave, A Pierce, Shaheed, Bourne
TE- Goedert, Musgrave

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Sat May 27, 2023 5:04 am

6 game suspension for gambling. His career is off to a great start.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Nix
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, Connor, Benson
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Woods