Javonte Williams Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
halfbaked88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Javonte Williams Thread

Postby halfbaked88 » Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:16 pm

Tried to send Breece Hall away in a rebuild for Kyle Pitts to a contender that has JT, Swift, Monty and Javonte.

He countered with Javonte+mid 2nd for Hall. Or Javonte for Garrett Wilson.....

With what we know about ACLs, I don't want to wait until 2024 for Javonte to be truly 100% ... All of this is making me realize how volatile it is to be holding significant value at the RB position. Ideally I'd rather be overstocked at QB/WR and have 1 "win-now" RB,neven if he's older, and a couple of 2nd-round/3rd-pound pick level RBs to simply occupy an RB2 slot.

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:07 pm

halfbaked88 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:16 pm Tried to send Breece Hall away in a rebuild for Kyle Pitts to a contender that has JT, Swift, Monty and Javonte.

He countered with Javonte+mid 2nd for Hall. Or Javonte for Garrett Wilson.....

With what we know about ACLs, I don't want to wait until 2024 for Javonte to be truly 100% ... All of this is making me realize how volatile it is to be holding significant value at the RB position. Ideally I'd rather be overstocked at QB/WR and have 1 "win-now" RB,neven if he's older, and a couple of 2nd-round/3rd-pound pick level RBs to simply occupy an RB2 slot.
Easier said than done, but I try to cash RBs at max value, even if I'm a contender. Sell stud RBs after their first contract.
Last edited by Orenthal Shames on Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Nix
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, Connor, Benson
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Woods

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:41 pm

I won the title last year and have been getting hit by injuries. Javonte was the next one and certainly the largest.

I just swapped him for Miles who was on a bottom team that was probably happy to be rid of the points coming in.

As has been said he might be back mid next season playing. No guarantee of that. He likely won’t be 100% at that time even if so. He may not come back to his original self at all, but likely not by next season. So that is 2 years gone. Things aren’t going well in Denver as is, and who knows going forward.

Cut my losses. Such a shame.

halfbaked88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby halfbaked88 » Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:51 pm

Lumps wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:41 pm I won the title last year and have been getting hit by injuries. Javonte was the next one and certainly the largest.

I just swapped him for Miles who was on a bottom team that was probably happy to be rid of the points coming in.

As has been said he might be back mid next season playing. No guarantee of that. He likely won’t be 100% at that time even if so. He may not come back to his original self at all, but likely not by next season. So that is 2 years gone. Things aren’t going well in Denver as is, and who knows going forward.

What's bad is people don't need Javonte to just come back as his original self. His original self wasn't actually producing to what he was worth. This was the year he was actually supposed to grow into his mostly perceived value... Now he's got to dodge next year's draft, hope Russ and the coaching staff start clicking, and avoid any injury setbacks. And the new Broncos owners, management and coaching who's to say they don't do something dumb and draft an RB next year.

I'm not gonna knock Miles Sanders. Of course you'd want someone better, but there's only so much time before you need to submit a Line-Up for next week. Plus a player is only worth what you can actually get in each league ultimately. He is a usable RB this year. A 3rd would have went a long way to make me feel better about it, but it's negligible.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:59 pm

halfbaked88 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:51 pm
Lumps wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:41 pm I won the title last year and have been getting hit by injuries. Javonte was the next one and certainly the largest.

What's bad is people don't need Javonte to just come back as his original self. His original self wasn't actually producing to what he was worth. This was the year he was actually supposed to grow into his mostly perceived value... Now he's got to dodge next year's draft, hope Russ and the coaching staff start clicking, and avoid any injury setbacks. And the new Broncos owners, management and coaching who's to say they don't do something dumb and draft an RB next year.

I'm not gonna knock Miles Sanders. Of course you'd want someone better, but there's only so much time before you need to submit a Line-Up for next week. Plus a player is only worth what you can actually get in each league ultimately. He is a usable RB this year. A 3rd would have went a long way to make me feel better about it, but it's negligible.
It wouldn't even be dumb though. They don't have a RB under contract beyond Javonte next year. They could bring back a 30 year old Melvin Gordon, and/or Mike Boone, but is that really enough? This is a team who pushed all their chips in when they went for Russ. By draft time, they won't have a great read on what Javonte will be next year. They need to address the RB position, and that's one of the reasons Javonte's value is in danger of falling further.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:51 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:59 pm It wouldn't even be dumb though. They don't have a RB under contract beyond Javonte next year. They could bring back a 30 year old Melvin Gordon, and/or Mike Boone, but is that really enough? This is a team who pushed all their chips in when they went for Russ. By draft time, they won't have a great read on what Javonte will be next year. They need to address the RB position, and that's one of the reasons Javonte's value is in danger of falling further.
It's a great RB class next year, too.

If one of my favourite RB's gets scooped by DEN, I will actively be targeting them as a fade to Javonte. I will gladly take that discount if any of my league-mates apply one.

I don't foresee JW making true noise again until either late in 2023 or more likely 2024.

halfbaked88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby halfbaked88 » Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:43 am

Well I meant to say drafting a RB in the 1st or 2nd round, or high enough, where Javonte's role is seriously in question turning him into Travis Etienne or Michael Carter (fantasy value wise). On a lesser scale if next year's "Brian Robinson" goes to Denver how far will Javonte's value fall? I agree with all points though.

And just for fun, if Bijan gets drafted to Denver is he still next year's unquestionable 1.01?

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:07 am

halfbaked88 wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:43 amAnd just for fun, if Bijan gets drafted to Denver is he still next year's unquestionable 1.01?
Based solely on how Breece's draft position didn't drop when he was drafted by an NFL team with an exciting young RB, I have a feeling Bijan would still be the consensus rookie RB1 if Denver drafted him.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, CWilliams
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JFord, Corum, JWright
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, Q Johnston, DeDouglas, MCorley
TE: Goedert, Okongwo
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, DLloyd; (DE/DL) Sieler; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, Singletary, AJD, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, VJefferson, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver, Waller
2023 semifinals loser

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:17 am

Anteaters wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:07 am
halfbaked88 wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:43 amAnd just for fun, if Bijan gets drafted to Denver is he still next year's unquestionable 1.01?
Based solely on how Breece's draft position didn't drop when he was drafted by an NFL team with an exciting young RB, I have a feeling Bijan would still be the consensus rookie RB1 if Denver drafted him.
Doesn't matter where he goes, for me.

The only guy close for me at this stage is Jahmyr Gibbs. And even then, I can't think of any respective landing spots that would have me flipping them.

j4pac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby j4pac » Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:04 am

When is the right time to buy? Can his value perceivably lower before next season? I guess that if the Broncos could bring in another RB in the draft. But is that more likely than Williams being ready or close to ready to start the season next year?
SF, PPR, 12 team, 12 player dynasty

QB- Lawrence, Fields, Tannehill (max 2 keepers, 3 rostered)
RB- Bijan Robinson, T Pollard, Allgeier, Charbonnet, Achane, J Wilson, Kelley, K Williams
WR- Lamb, Jeudy, Hill, C Olave, A Pierce, Shaheed, Bourne
TE- Goedert, Musgrave

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:14 am

j4pac wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:04 am When is the right time to buy? Can his value perceivably lower before next season? I guess that if the Broncos could bring in another RB in the draft. But is that more likely than Williams being ready or close to ready to start the season next year?
It'll lower during rookie draft time. Rookie fever is undefeated.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Nix
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, Connor, Benson
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Woods

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:23 am

j4pac wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:04 am When is the right time to buy? Can his value perceivably lower before next season? I guess that if the Broncos could bring in another RB in the draft. But is that more likely than Williams being ready or close to ready to start the season next year?
Someone did a lot of the work on this question today on Reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DynastyFF/comm ... jured_rbs/

You don't have to agree with his conclusions - but that's the full data from the last 2 years of major RB injuries and their value timelines. Very good post.

The wisdom suggests that your answer is "send Javonte offers soon".

j4pac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby j4pac » Wed Oct 05, 2022 7:22 am

Orenthal Shames wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:14 am
It'll lower during rookie draft time. Rookie fever is undefeated.
The problem is that I will likely have a top 3 pick in 2023…so I won’t be trading that for Williams. My next pick will likely be a late 2nd. So there’s definitely a gap. I’d have to add a player or two on top of the 2nd, and even though people get excited over rookies, they get less excited over late 2nd round rookies. My concern about waiting is that his current manager would have already been stashing Williams in his IR slot for a year, and conceivably more invested…and there’s always going to be reports of injured player X being ahead of schedule. Here we are with Jamison Williams a month into the season with no idea of when he’ll return…and he was “ahead of schedule”.

RB- Bijan Robinson, T Pollard, Allgeier, Charbonnet, Achane, J Wilson, Kelley, K Williams
TE- Goedert, Musgrave

j4pac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby j4pac » Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:05 am

mild wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:23 am
Someone did a lot of the work on this question today on Reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DynastyFF/comm ... jured_rbs/

You don't have to agree with his conclusions - but that's the full data from the last 2 years of major RB injuries and their value timelines. Very good post.

The wisdom suggests that your answer is "send Javonte offers soon".
I agree. It is a good study. Matches what made sense to me. I suppose the 25% drop can also be used to help estimate what you should expect to give

TE- Goedert, Musgrave

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:31 am

I’d like to get your thoughts on this deal - as a rebuilding team, I traded Aiuyk/K Herbert/Dulcich, and a 4th for JW - overpay?
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, J Daniels, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/G WILSON/D ADAMS/DK, Pittman, Flowers, Evans, Pearsoll
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/COUSINS, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
LAPORTA/KELCE/KITTLE
/
TEAM C - 32T (2 copy), 1QB, TEP