2023 Week 2

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: 2023 Week 2

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Sep 18, 2023 9:30 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 8:58 pm Wow, the very rare 5-0 week.

Dynasty #3 won 150-102.
Dynasty #4 won 178-172.
Superflex #1 won 169-109.
Superflex #2 won 194-65.
Ultimate Redraft won 187-179.

Thank you all for your help and advice.
I guess you're not counting the Bears, or your Bears takes, then? :think:
Sorry, but I had too. Yes, I am salty after losing a matchup on that Olave foot OB........ :lol:

In a ll seriousness, well done. Dynasty 4 and your redraft looked close!

Superflex #2, what time were you a realistic winner by? Half time of Sunday's 1 PM ET starts? Earlier??? :lol: 8-)
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

hoos89
Legend
Legend

Postby hoos89 » Mon Sep 18, 2023 9:48 pm

mild wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 9:19 pm
Needalife wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 8:57 pm NFLN talking about JT to the Browns as an option. It would remind me waaaaaaay too much of Trent Richardson trade!
Apart from the fact that the Colts asking price to this point has been "the sun, the moon, and the stars"...

And ALSO apart from the fact that the NFL Network is just throwing sh-- at the wall to kill the hours, and knows about as much (or less) than we do...
Also apart from the fact that Jonathan Taylor is actually good. In 2021 he nearly doubled TRich's best rushing yardage total.
Team 1: 2012-2016
2013 Champion, 2012 Runner-Up

Team 2: 12 Team PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 R/W/T, 23 man rosters, est. 2016
2021 Champion, 2020 Runner-up
Tua, Purdy, Rodgers, Geno, Carr
JT, K Williams, Javonte, Chubb, Ekeler, Mostert, Chuba, D. Harris, M. Carter, J. Hill, Spiller
Chase, Lamb, Amon-Ra, Aiyuk, DJM, M. Williams
Andrews, McBride, Engram
IR(3):
Taxi(4): J. Palmer, Tolbert, T. Palmer
2025 Picks: 1, 3, 3, 4

Team 3: 12 Team PPR, 6 pt Pass TD - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 3 R/W/T, 28 man rosters, est. 2019
2021 Champion, 2022 Runner-up
Jackson, Love, Tannehill, Z. Wilson
Barkley, Mixon, Mostert, J. Wilson, CEH, Gaskin, J. Hill
J. Jefferson, Diggs, Waddle, Evans, Metcalf, Sutton, R. Moore, Slayton, Berrios, Carter, Dortch, Powell, Raymond
Kelce, Pitts, Dissly, Hooper
2025 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4

JoshGordonsDealer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby JoshGordonsDealer » Mon Sep 18, 2023 10:05 pm

Watson, right now, in the prime of his career, looks like the most overpaid player in sports (if you ignore Joe Burrow).

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Mon Sep 18, 2023 10:05 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 9:30 pm
wickerkat1212 wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 8:58 pm Wow, the very rare 5-0 week.

Dynasty #3 won 150-102.
Dynasty #4 won 178-172.
Superflex #1 won 169-109.
Superflex #2 won 194-65.
Ultimate Redraft won 187-179.

Thank you all for your help and advice.
I guess you're not counting the Bears, or your Bears takes, then? :think:
Sorry, but I had too. Yes, I am salty after losing a matchup on that Olave foot OB........ :lol:

In a ll seriousness, well done. Dynasty 4 and your redraft looked close!

Superflex #2, what time were you a realistic winner by? Half time of Sunday's 1 PM ET starts? Earlier??? :lol: 8-)
LOL ouch. Yeah, bleep Bears.

#3 I'm a contender, solid team.
#4 is this crazy start 3 min rb / 4 min wr. Was weak, drafted Bijan, now a contender. Won on PIT DEF TD.
Supeflex #1 I've only had a few years, been rebuilding, year three, also Bijan.
Superflex #2 is orphan that was last place last year, took Bijan, somehow is winning? WTH? Other guy had NO starting QBs.
Redraft is this bonkers start qb-qb-rb-rb-rb-wr-wr-wr-wr-te-te-flex-k-d. I always suck. Doing okay!

Good times. Helps to offset the pain of being a Bears fan. LOL.
D3:
QB—Allen, JJM RB—Gibbs, Kamara, Jacobs, LLOYD, Zamir, Edwards, Ford, Warren, McLaughlin WR—MHJ, Lamb, Olave, DJM, Shaheed, RICE, VJefferson TE—Engram, Muth, Washington, Kraft, THEO PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, BENSON, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, POLK, CORLEY, COWING, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, TJOHNSON, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, RATTLER RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Mostert, BRob, ESTIME WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Lockett, Myers, COWING, MWASHINGTON TE—Kmet, Kraft, SANDERS, Conklin, Hurst PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: MAYE, Goff, Cousins, PENIX RB: Bijan, BRob, Zamir, Allgeier, McLaughlin, Hull WR: HARRISON, DJM, Higgins, JSN, BTHOMAS, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, COWING, Reynolds TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Hurst, WILEY, Trautman, Tremble, Dissly, Reiman

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Sep 18, 2023 10:41 pm

hoos89 wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 9:48 pm
mild wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 9:19 pm
Needalife wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 8:57 pm NFLN talking about JT to the Browns as an option. It would remind me waaaaaaay too much of Trent Richardson trade!
Apart from the fact that the Colts asking price to this point has been "the sun, the moon, and the stars"...

And ALSO apart from the fact that the NFL Network is just throwing sh-- at the wall to kill the hours, and knows about as much (or less) than we do...
Also apart from the fact that Jonathan Taylor is actually good. In 2021 he nearly doubled TRich's best rushing yardage total.
Yep. And apart from adding everything else I wrote about them being pick poor and staring down the barrel of 2024 cap crunch...

What part of the first two games would have the Browns thinking they need to make an "All In" move for 2023?

This team looks more like a Wild Card contender than a true threat for the big one.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Sep 18, 2023 10:49 pm

JoshGordonsDealer wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 10:05 pm Watson, right now, in the prime of his career, looks like the most overpaid player in sports (if you ignore Joe Burrow).
If you have him in a SF league as one of your top 2 QB's....yikes. He was going early 2nd whenever I was in a draft. Not looking good. I am not sure it's time to throw in the towel....whoops, maybe not the best analogy. Not trying to "rub it in" after another sub par performance, but now all the buy low people who only care about winning are likely sweating. Such a shame. Can't imagine what the talk in Browns land must be like. So many people so desperate for their team to be relevant, they were really putting the blinders on. That fan base has to be so divided right now.

IF I am going to have to watch bad football, I can't think of a guy I'd see doing it, than Deshaun Watson.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Tue Sep 19, 2023 12:05 am

The Browns are locked into this for 4 more years. The idiots.

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Tue Sep 19, 2023 12:31 am

I'd still say to buy Watson on the DL if you are a relatively competitive team with a need at QB

Don't get me wrong he is looking pretty bad right now and the rust excuse is starting to run out

But through 2 games he has 20 and 12 fantasy points---not the end of the world---while facing 2 pretty good defenses

But really it comes down to the fact that there just aren't many QBs who have the rushing upside he does

On KTC he is valued as close to Zay Flowers, Jordan Love and Bryce Young/CJ Stroud

I don't think any of those can bring the point upside Watson has

And really remember: he has an as big of a leash as it gets to figure it out. They sold their souls for him

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Tue Sep 19, 2023 5:24 am

The Browns might want to reach out to the Jets about Cook. Could be good for everyone involved.

Jets: Their season died with Rodgers. Cook is a luxury they don’t need at this point and Carter can function just fine as to let Breece ease back in.
Cook: He goes back to an offense he excelled in and a coaching staff he knows. (though no idea if this is actually a plus for him.)
Browns: They need a running back and grabbing a guy on a one year deal would fit their cap pretty well and he should be less costly than someone like JT given his contract and where he’s at in his career.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

dvpkwys
Captain
Captain

Postby dvpkwys » Tue Sep 19, 2023 6:13 am

Jigga94 wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 7:32 pm I need to see Bryce with more (any) weapons. I think he's still going to be alright
I'm not sold - he looks so tiny, and that O line is awful.
10 Team - NON PPR (5 Round Rookie Draft) - Start 2QB, 2RB, 4WR, 1TE, 1FLEX, 4DB, 4LB/DL/DB

Burrow/Murray (Geno/Howell)
Taylor/Swift (Conner, Gibson, Miller, Spears, Brown, Vidal)
Adams/DJ Moore/Higgins/McLaurin (Godwin, Hopkins, Wicks, Coleman, M Washington)
Kelce (Hockenson)
Budda/Holland/McDuffie/Minkah (Gonzalez)
Bosa/Bernard/Okereke/EJones (Dodson)

Kurtrambis1
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Kurtrambis1 » Tue Sep 19, 2023 6:47 am

ericanadian wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 5:24 am
The Browns might want to reach out to the Jets about Cook. Could be good for everyone involved.

Jets: Their season died with Rodgers. Cook is a luxury they don’t need at this point and Carter can function just fine as to let Breece ease back in.
Cook: He goes back to an offense he excelled in and a coaching staff he knows. (though no idea if this is actually a plus for him.)
Browns: They need a running back and grabbing a guy on a one year deal would fit their cap pretty well and he should be less costly than someone like JT given his contract and where he’s at in his career.
I actually think Carter would be the better option for the Jets and Browns. I'm not convinced the Jets believe their season is done. Super Bowl windows don't stay open for long and they clearly believe they were a QB away. I think they would rather trade for a 1 year replacement QB while Rodgers gets healthy.

Breece is unhappy with his touches and they just paid cook. Trade Carter and let Izzy slide into the 3rd RB spot.
12 Team PPR League, 25 Man Rosters, 2 Taxi Squad
Start QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FLEX, FLEX

QB- Murray, Lawrence, Mayfield
RB- Montgomery, Javonte Williams, Najee Harris, Jamaal Williams, Carter, Joshua Kelly, Trayveon Williams, Eli Mitchell
WR- J. Jefferson, Tyreek, D. Smith, Tank Dell, Curtis Samuel, Hollywood Brown, Renfrow, Rashee Rice
TE- Pitts, Ferguson, Higbee

Taxi-Kraft

Picks
24=1st, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd, 4th, 5th
25= 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

Multiple Scorgasms
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Multiple Scorgasms » Tue Sep 19, 2023 8:42 am

Anyone else have a CRAZY difference in their first 2 weeks of scoring? Like double or more?

My core guys - J Allen, Barkley, J Cook, Lamb, Olave, K Allen, Kirk, Ertz/Pitts.

Week 1 lost with weak points, this week HUGE win. (Edited to add - Swift on the bench both weeks. And funnily enough it didn't matter either week that he was a dud and then stud.)

Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Prison_Mike » Tue Sep 19, 2023 8:46 am

Multiple Scorgasms wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 8:42 am Anyone else have a CRAZY difference in their first 2 weeks of scoring? Like double or more?

My core guys - J Allen, Barkley, J Cook, Lamb, Olave, K Allen, Kirk, Ertz/Pitts.

Week 1 lost with weak points, this week HUGE win. (Edited to add - I even had Swift on the bench this week. Luckily, the only guy I would've benched for him - Kirk - also did well.)
Zach Ertz = core guy
Absolutely refuses to go away

I need a similar turnaround in my two keeper leagues. I have rosters that I thought for sure were juggernauts and might lose 2 games all season. They’re currently both 0-2

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Tue Sep 19, 2023 9:02 am

Kurtrambis1 wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 6:47 am
ericanadian wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 5:24 am

I actually think Carter would be the better option for the Jets and Browns. I'm not convinced the Jets believe their season is done. Super Bowl windows don't stay open for long and they clearly believe they were a QB away. I think they would rather trade for a 1 year replacement QB while Rodgers gets healthy.

Breece is unhappy with his touches and they just paid cook. Trade Carter and let Izzy slide into the 3rd RB spot.
I’m not sure who they can get for the $9.5M they have in cap space. I’m also not sure why moving Carter is a good move for the Jets. He’s young, cost controlled and has some talent. Moving Cook makes even more sense if the answer is to pick up a stopgap QB as you can clear around $6M in space by moving him while only having a minor impact on the talent level of that offense.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Sep 19, 2023 9:17 am

Rookie Snap Share % Week 1, 2. Let me know if I missed anyone significant. Added Wicks/Palmer as they are hovering around 50%

RB
Bijan - 63, 72
Gibbs - 27, 48
Roschon - 39, 42
Spears - 54, 37
Charbonnet - 24, 26
Tucker - 15, 24
Tank - 21, 19
Achane - 0, 10

WR
Mingo - 87, 98
Puka - 78, 86
Dell - 48, 79
Flowers - 84, 77
Downs - 79, 75
Addison - 56, 69
JSN - 59, 56
Reed - 53, 56
Wicks - 62, 50
Palmer - 34, 49
Wilson - 90, 43
Mims - 27, 24
Hyatt - 36, 21
Rice - 31, 18
QJ - 27, 15
Boutte - 69, 0

TE
Musgrave - 75, 88
Laporta - 83, 82
Kincaid - 80, 60
Mayer - 49, 40
Last edited by Jigga94 on Tue Sep 19, 2023 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.