Kareem Hunt Video

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
Mike from Canada
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Kareem Hunt Video

Postby Mike from Canada » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:59 am

Servo wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:21 am To one degree, I will say I was really shocked KC released him....pretty remarkable to go from being one of the hottest young players in the NFL to pariah in a flash.

However, it may have already been stated, but since the "Me Too" movement started and a lot of crummy/pervy men have rightfully lost their jobs...I can't say I'm surprised with how everything has unfolded. I also won my do-or-die home-league matchup this week because I played Hunt's owner (lol).
I don't see what this has to do with Hunt.

grooner
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby grooner » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:01 am

Valhalla wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:39 am
grooner wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:20 am
perkinsrooster wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:31 pm This is absurd. Everyone who is pronouncing that Kareem Hunt should never be allowed to play in the league again must be overcome with disgust everytime Roethlisberger is on your livingroom television screen. In fact, I don't know how you can justify following NFL football at all.
Exactly.
I’m not going to argue with you whether or not he should be banned. Just going to pose a question to a particular line of thinking.

“Worse has and does exist in the NFL so he should be able to play too.”

At what point can you CHANGE the standard of conduct and league policies if you continue to live by prior decisions? This isn’t a courtroom referencing past cases for consistency of law. This is a huge company that should be aiming to improve their policies.

Also, the argument of “if you don’t get into bar fights you’re doing it wrong” is exactly what I would expect a college guy to say. At some point you need to grow the bleep up. Some guys (like those who are offered a job paying them millions of dollars) need to grow the bleep up a little faster, or lose those opportunities (not rights).
I guess I was agreeing with the fact that if you are outraged with this incident, I am not sure how you follow the NFL. There has been worse, and continues to be worse, but there are no videos so no one cares.

Never agreed to the bolded part, but maybe you were referencing someone else.

At what point can you CHANGE the standard of conduct and league policies if you continue to live by prior decisions? This isn’t a courtroom referencing past cases for consistency of law. This is a huge company that should be aiming to improve their policies.

I one hundred percent agree with this. The problem is, the NFL doesn't do anything unless there is a video that is released to the public. They don't do anything unless there is a video, otherwise sweep it under the rug. If they had banned him back in February it would be a different story. If they hadn't seen the video, it was only because they didn't want to see it, not because they couldn't get it.

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:14 am

perkinsrooster wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:59 am I don't see what this has to do with Hunt.
:think: That any big time, negative news with someone's relations/interactions with women will lead to a firestorm? :think:

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:33 am

grooner wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:01 am
Yeah I was responding to multiple things I had just read all at once. Sorry for the confusion.

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:39 am

Just watched the interview... No clue why he would do that. He justed seemed really really dull... and it seemed to me like it was a mistake for him to ask for the interview if this is what he envisioned.
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:40 am

Valhalla wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:39 am At what point can you CHANGE the standard of conduct and league policies if you continue to live by prior decisions? This isn’t a courtroom referencing past cases for consistency of law. This is a huge company that should be aiming to improve their policies.
I agree with this, but I think there is a point where it moves to absurdity. Out of the league completely? If this is going to be the case, then there needs to be some retroactive discipline put into place. The beatings and abuse that AP did on his own child were FAR worse that this situation. He was on the exempt list for a year and then came back and no one seems to even care that it ever happened to being with. And he's hardly the only one. I'm not going to defend Hunt, but there have been a number of worse situations that have taken place, players disciplined, but then end up back in the league. Ultimately I expect that is what happens with Hunt.

Whatever happens with this situation, I have a very hard time moving past the hypocrisy of an organization that cuts Hunt and yet drafted Tyreek Hill.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:43 am

Valhalla wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:33 am
Yeah I was responding to multiple things I had just read all at once. Sorry for the confusion.
Just saying that I agree players in the NFL should be smarter than us but the reality is most of them are 21-25 year old kids that have been praised and "popular" their entire lives. Most normal kids that age think they are untouchable and can't get into trouble until it actually happens and then they grow up from that. Its unfortunate that these guys get put on a pedestal at such a young age. The girl situation yes that's messed up. Getting in bar fight with a guy most likely heckling you is wrong but not that big of an issue.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:59 am

Titans95 wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:43 am
Just saying that I agree players in the NFL should be smarter than us but the reality is most of them are 21-25 year old kids that have been praised and "popular" their entire lives. Most normal kids that age think they are untouchable and can't get into trouble until it actually happens and then they grow up from that. Its unfortunate that these guys get put on a pedestal at such a young age. The girl situation yes that's messed up. Getting in bar fight with a guy most likely heckling you is wrong but not that big of an issue.
But, it is a big issue. Why? because Playing in the NFL is a privilege not a right. Because playing in the NFL gives these people a pedestal. A pedestal that can be used or abused. It is because by playing in the NFL they agree to the risk, the reward, the pay and the spotlight. They are idolized by children..... So, for you or me, getting into a bar fight - sure, no real big deal. For an NFL player, that is typically in a bit better shape, is bigger, faster, stronger, and frankly held to a slightly higher standard.... ITS A WAY BIG DEAL. The NFL needs to put a stop to it. I think more programs need to be put in place that will help the younger, dumber rookies to be better informed of EXACTLY what they have to gain or loose depending upon their choices and whom they surround themselves with. It think this reality needs to be very clearly explained and... one time should be enough. If these athletes are serious about their craft, they will listen. If being a gangster and a tough guy to women is more important, then GTFO and go be a tough guy. If acting tough and treating women like objects makes them feel better.... well, the NFL isn't a place for them.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:17 am

JFever wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:59 am If acting tough and treating women like objects makes them feel better.... well, the NFL isn't a place for them.
Mr. Hunt treats objects like women, man

Mike from Canada
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Mike from Canada » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:20 pm

JFever wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:59 am
Titans95 wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:43 am

But, it is a big issue. Why? because Playing in the NFL is a privilege not a right. Because playing in the NFL gives these people a pedestal. A pedestal that can be used or abused. It is because by playing in the NFL they agree to the risk, the reward, the pay and the spotlight. They are idolized by children..... So, for you or me, getting into a bar fight - sure, no real big deal. For an NFL player, that is typically in a bit better shape, is bigger, faster, stronger, and frankly held to a slightly higher standard.... ITS A WAY BIG DEAL. The NFL needs to put a stop to it. I think more programs need to be put in place that will help the younger, dumber rookies to be better informed of EXACTLY what they have to gain or loose depending upon their choices and whom they surround themselves with. It think this reality needs to be very clearly explained and... one time should be enough. If these athletes are serious about their craft, they will listen. If being a gangster and a tough guy to women is more important, then GTFO and go be a tough guy. If acting tough and treating women like objects makes them feel better.... well, the NFL isn't a place for them.
Are you being serious? These are twenty year old rich men, not 75 year olds at the nursing home. There would be no one left to watch on Sunday and that is a fact. The hypocrisy of this entire situation is unbelievable.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:08 pm

I am being serious. I wrote this as I feel the same as you.

The NFL, in order to put out a good product, needs to be more proactive than reactive. Simple as that.

This is from my post above. "The NFL needs to put a stop to it. I think more programs need to be put in place that will help the younger, dumber rookies to be better informed of EXACTLY what they have to gain or loose depending upon their choices and whom they surround themselves with. "
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:21 pm

The problem is if the NFL is trying to make a change it isn't with one guy. This kind of stuff has been happening for decades. It's just getting more and more publicity now that we have social media, camera phones, internet sites, etc. If you're wanting change, you're talking about changing an entire culture. And that culture starts long before the NFL. These kids are allowed to do whatever they want starting in middle school. They aren't told no in high school. When they are being recruited they are constantly told how awesome they are. Then they make it to the league and we wonder why they aren't outstanding citizens from day 1. It's because they haven't been held accountable since they were 10 years old. As long as they ball out, things get swept under the rug at every single level.

Furthermore if this incident outrages you, I'm going to let you in on a little secret. The NFL (and professional sports in general) has way more Kareem Hunt's than it does good guys. I'm not saying they are all out there kicking women, but that type of incident is far from uncommon. Even your supposed good guys in the league aren't what you think if you have been around them in a setting without cameras.

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:32 pm

Women will always be treated like as objects by let's say 95% of pro-athletes at a minimum. That will never stop and the younger, narcissist, social media generation will only lead to worse, not better. I don't see that ever evolving from the male-side of the equation, and it takes two in that equation. So as long as there are hordes of groupies, women taking used condoms out of the trash (when they were not the original receptacle in that adventure to begin with) hoping for a quick payday, and them continue to go to these after parties/hotels/gang bangs, it will only reinforce this culture. Not saying I condone it or every woman who puts herself around an athlete deserves that treatment or is of the stereotype, they just more often than not are willing participants. It's the same with Rock Stars, rappers, actors, rich people. I don't know the full scope of the Rookie Symposium, but I have heard the condom part with both the NFL and NBA, where they instruct them to take the used rubbers with them or to destroy the evidence completely. Maybe they should work a little harder on getting these guys to not slam every decent piece of booty they see. I am not going to be the hypocrite, I remember the late teen early 20 years and which head does the thinking. Toss in some alcohol and hotties throwing themselves at you, it's a dangerous combo. I am really surprised more don't get hit with the Magic Johnson route. Speaking of Magic, read about some of his glory days and the stories. Put out or get out was there motto at the end of the night, every single night.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:40 pm

I think the AP incident blew over because for some odd reason people have less of a problem with beating a child than they do with beating a woman. If Hunt came back with a stick and starting swatting that lady in her vag he'd never play again. AP does it to a little boy and a large part of the country thinks that's ok.

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:46 pm

jenkins.math wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:21 pm The problem is if the NFL is trying to make a change it isn't with one guy. This kind of stuff has been happening for decades. It's just getting more and more publicity now that we have social media, camera phones, internet sites, etc. If you're wanting change, you're talking about changing an entire culture. And that culture starts long before the NFL. These kids are allowed to do whatever they want starting in middle school. They aren't told no in high school. When they are being recruited they are constantly told how awesome they are. Then they make it to the league and we wonder why they aren't outstanding citizens from day 1. It's because they haven't been held accountable since they were 10 years old. As long as they ball out, things get swept under the rug at every single level.

Furthermore if this incident outrages you, I'm going to let you in on a little secret. The NFL (and professional sports in general) has way more Kareem Hunt's than it does good guys. I'm not saying they are all out there kicking women, but that type of incident is far from uncommon. Even your supposed good guys in the league aren't what you think if you have been around them in a setting without cameras.
Yeah, so lets just roll with it and keep ignoring it. Cool man. :roll: