Commisioner Vetod This Trade!?!?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
HonestlySarcastc
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Commisioner Vetod This Trade!?!?

Postby HonestlySarcastc » Sun May 17, 2015 5:12 pm

I gave up 1.1, 2.1, 2016 1st, and 2016 2nd just for dez bryant if that helps at all. Id say to keep the players and makre a run also.

sugbear65
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby sugbear65 » Sun May 17, 2015 6:15 pm

If your commish vetoed the trade because he thought your side was getting too much, then there is no way he should have the power he wields over trades. He obviously has no clue on dynasty trades values.

Novacane
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Novacane » Sun May 17, 2015 7:05 pm

evnakano wrote:
grooner wrote:So everyone here is saying you sold too low, which I also agree you did somewhat, but the commish vetoed becauE you "got a good deal". So show him this thread, but regardless I wouldn't play in a leage where the commish decides if I can trade or not
The commish thinks I am committing highway robbery coming out with 6 draft picks.
:shock:

princey98
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby princey98 » Sun May 17, 2015 10:11 pm

Your commish is obviously an idiot, and as much as that sucks there's not really anything you can do about that. I would honestly just find a new league. There are plenty of good commissioners that run great leagues, and you'll save yourself from years of crap like this if you find a league that doesn't have vetoes (except for collusion).

VOLcano
Rookie
Rookie

Postby VOLcano » Mon May 18, 2015 7:09 am

I think this trade is an example of someone forgetting that one of the purposes of dynasty football is to win a championship and not just to build a good team with a bunch of young players. I see owners trade players for young pieces all the time when they seem to have the players in place to win now...instead of rolling with it they make trades looking for the next great player while taking their team out of contention. I bring it up to them, they look at my team and say it's old, and in the meantime I make the playoffs every year while their season ends early and they have moved on to trading the players they thought had promise for next year's draft picks, and the cycle repeats.
QB. Peyton Manning, Ryan Tannehill
RB. Arian Foster, Lesean Mccoy, Lamar Miller, Jonathon Stewart, Chris Johnson, Knowshon Moreno, Shonne Green, Bryce Brown, Jaquizz Rodgers
WR. Torrey Smith, Allen Robinson, Riley Cooper, Anquan Bolden, Marquise Goodwin, Malcom Floyd
TE. Jimmy Graham, Virgil Green, Vernon Davis
LB. Kiko Alonzo, Nigel bradham, Chad Greenway, Preston Brown
DB. Barry Church, Reggie nelson

2015 3 round draft.

TheChicken
Captain
Captain

Postby TheChicken » Mon May 18, 2015 7:26 am

evnakano wrote:I gave up: Calvin Johnson, DeSean Jackson, Justin Forsett and Lorenzo Taliaferro

for: 1.2, 2.2, 3.2, 4.2, 2016 1st and 2016 2nd
Just break the trade into chunks and put them through individually. You'll get a couple through him before he smells a rat and then he'll look even more stupid when he vetos DJax for a 2.2 & 3.2 because it is not enough for Djax!

I'd Suggest

Megatron for 1.2 & 2016 1st
Forsett & Tali for 2016 2nd & 4.2
Djax for 2.2 & 3.2
99 problems but your 10 team league ain't one!

pocylpse
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby pocylpse » Mon May 18, 2015 7:29 am

Did anyone have to eat a stick of butter? That could even it up a bit.
10 Team PPR
'14 - 2nd, '15 - 3rd, '16-10th, '17-5th
QB: Brees, Mayfield, K. Allen
RB: Mixon, Kamara, Duke Johnson, Breida, Gio, Mattison, Gallman, D. Williams (KC)
WR: Nuk, Cooks, Kupp, ARob, Landry, Corey Davis, John Brown, Pettis, AJ Brown
TE: Hockenson, Olsen, Goedert
Defense: Packers
K: Gould

12 Team - Contract League, .5 PPR
'15 - 9th, '16- 8th, '17-5th
QB: Rivers (1), Stafford (4), Jones (4)
RB: Kamara (3), McCaffrey (3), CJ Anderson (1), Dixon (2)
WR: Hopkins (3), Evans (4), ARob (1), Cole (4), DJ Moore (4), Ridley (4), Dez (2), A. Miller (4), Wilson (3)
TE: Eifert (2), McDonald (1), Gesicki (4), Hurst (4)
Defense: Browns (1)

10 Team PPR
'16 - 4th, '17 - 1st
QB: Jones, Mayfield
RB: Kamara, Mixon, Chubb, Cohen, Gio, Ito, Josh Adams
WR: Diggs, Hill, ARob, Edelman, FItz, DJ Moore, A. Miller, Callaway, M Valdez, Crowder
TE: Kelce, Burton, Goedert
Def: Titans

bonscott
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bonscott » Mon May 18, 2015 7:29 am

evnakano wrote:
grooner wrote:So everyone here is saying you sold too low, which I also agree you did somewhat, but the commish vetoed becauE you "got a good deal". So show him this thread, but regardless I wouldn't play in a leage where the commish decides if I can trade or not
The commish thinks I am committing highway robbery coming out with 6 draft picks.
I honestly can't stop laughing at this. First off he's an idiot (sorry for name calling) and I'd be finding a new league. I hope you show him this thread because that's just nuts.

I also agree that you sold too low (funny the commish thinks complete opposite of everyone else). Now to be fair, Mega has lost quite a bit of value in some eyes due to injuries and age is creeping up there (he will be 30 afterall this year). But I'd still want at least 3 1sts for him or 2 1sts and a really nice prospect to even get talks started if I owned him. I'd ride him into the ground otherwise.

So let's example "all these picks" the commish is worried about:
1.2, 2.2, 3.2, 4.2, 2016 1st and 2016 2nd
Basically two 1sts and a high 2nd this year and the rest are junk to not even be noticed. If the 2nd next year is high then that's ok, but even high 2nds are often just lotto picks in the draft. So we're really down to just two 2sts and 2 decent lotto picks and more junk picks for Megatron alone is probably a bit light, but in some leagues is probably about right. So let's say a bit light for arguments sake. But now you're also tossing in DJax, Forsett (starting RB) for free. Now it's *really* lite. All those picks for just Mega is probably more "fair" if you like.

So the commish to veto it thinking you got a haul...holy cow that is out there. :wall:

Spongehack
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Spongehack » Mon May 18, 2015 9:06 am

bonscott wrote:
evnakano wrote:
I honestly can't stop laughing at this. First off he's an idiot (sorry for name calling) and I'd be finding a new league. I hope you show him this thread because that's just nuts.

I also agree that you sold too low (funny the commish thinks complete opposite of everyone else). Now to be fair, Mega has lost quite a bit of value in some eyes due to injuries and age is creeping up there (he will be 30 afterall this year). But I'd still want at least 3 1sts for him or 2 1sts and a really nice prospect to even get talks started if I owned him. I'd ride him into the ground otherwise.

So let's example "all these picks" the commish is worried about:
1.2, 2.2, 3.2, 4.2, 2016 1st and 2016 2nd
Basically two 1sts and a high 2nd this year and the rest are junk to not even be noticed. If the 2nd next year is high then that's ok, but even high 2nds are often just lotto picks in the draft. So we're really down to just two 2sts and 2 decent lotto picks and more junk picks for Megatron alone is probably a bit light, but in some leagues is probably about right. So let's say a bit light for arguments sake. But now you're also tossing in DJax, Forsett (starting RB) for free. Now it's *really* lite. All those picks for just Mega is probably more "fair" if you like.

So the commish to veto it thinking you got a haul...holy cow that is out there. :wall:
This is my reasoning exactly! I just don't understand his logic.
12 Team (2014 Champ, 2016 2nd, 2021 Champ) 1.0 PPR, 1.5 TE, Superflex, Start 9, 1-2 QB, 2-4 RB, 3-4 WR, 1-3 TE

QB - J. Hurts, M. Stafford, K. Cousins
RB - S. Barkley, D. Cook, E. Elliot, T. Pollard, A. Mattison
WR - D. Adams, DK Metcalf, A. Cooper, C. Ridley, R. Anderson, C. Davis, J. Jones
TE - M. Andrews, G. Kittle, M. Cox

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Mon May 18, 2015 11:06 am

Goodell running your league?

Dynasty Diehard
Starter
Starter

Postby Dynasty Diehard » Mon May 18, 2015 11:42 am

Send the link of this thread to your commissioner. He needs to see how bad his decision was to veto this trade. Sure, some people may like one side of the trade more than the other. But you're trying to get younger, he's in win-now mode. This trade helps both of you achieve your goals. It's a laughable veto, and if you commissioner doesn't revoke the veto after seeing this thread, I'd look to nominate someone else in your league as commissioner or I'd find a new league.
10-team PPR
Start: 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 FLEX, 1 DEF, 1 K
2014: 6-6-1, missed playoffs
2015: 12-3, League Champion
2016: 14-1, League Champion
2017: 11-4, Runner Up
2018: 9-5, 4th place
2018: 6-3

QB - Lamar Jackson, Carson Wentz
RB - Alvin Kamara, Josh Jacobs, Kareem Hunt, Ronald Jones, Darwin Thompson
WR - Tyreek Hill, Odell Beckham Jr., Stefon Diggs, Courtland Sutton, Corey Davis, James Washington, Tre'Quan Smith, Auden Tate, DaeSean Hamilton, Allen Lazard, Jakobi Meyers, Alex Erickson, Russell Gage
TE - Darren Waller, O.J. Howard, David Njoku, Dallas Goedert, Mike Gesicki
DEF - Vikings
K - Justin Tucker

2020 Picks - 1, 1, 2, 4, 4, 4, 5, 6, 7
2021 Picks - 1, 3, 3, 3, 3, 4, 4, 5, 6, 7