Reggie Bush

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
DLFiend
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Reggie Bush

Postby DLFiend » Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:01 pm

I would guess a late 2nd/early 3rd, depending on PPR format.

Butt Liqueur
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Butt Liqueur » Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:29 pm

DLFiend wrote:
Darkness wrote:You said he's more talented which implies you think he should and eventually will take Hydes job.
No it doesn't. I'm not saying that. In fact, if you go back and look, I specifically said that (i.e. stating that Hyde is still the more valuable piece). I think CJ Spiller is more talented than Ingram but I wouldn't count on him being the more valuable RB. I also wouldn't be as ignorant to say that Spiller's signing doesn't impact Ingram's value. It most certainly does, just the same way that Bush's signing hurts Hyde.
I don't understand the need to try and put words into someone else's mouth. Bush could be more talented, but not as good of a fit for their every down scheme, so Hyde starts. Bush could be more talented, but not reliable because of health issues, so Hyde starts. Bush could be less talented, so Hyde starts. But it was never stated that Hyde would lose his job...

16 Team, PPR
(1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 FLEX)
QB: J. Cutler, M. Mariota, M. Cassel, C. Henne, A. McCarron, D. Fales
RB: J. Bell, F. Gore, R. Bush, D. Williams, R. Helu, L. Dunbar, J. Allen, K. Williams, C. Artis-Payne
WR: J. Jones (ATL), J. Nelson, A. Hawkins, C. Johnson (MIN), A. Robinson, R. Randle, K. Thompkins, B. Ellington, H. Douglas, D. Harris, M. Campanaro, J. Hardy, J. Saunders, D. Moore, I. Blakeney, T. Lippett
TE: C. Clay, A. Quarless, A. Sefarian-Jenkins, J. Cumberland, W. Saxton

Draft Picks: 2016 2 3rds, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th

DLFiend
All Pro
All Pro

Postby DLFiend » Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:00 pm

Putting words in someone's mouth is the death knell for any positive conversation, b/c it represents a party's inability to argue their points effectively; thus the need to invent "implications" and things that were never stated.

Still waiting for these magical stats to "prove" that Hyde is a better RB than Bush.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:22 pm

Why bring up talent in any conversation regarding NFL rb's if it has nothing to do with production. I could say Gio Bernard is more "talented" than Jeremy Hill, but it's completely irrelevant. Hill is better suited physically and mentally for what the job requires, Gio is less so equipped. You can't stop yourself from blathering about Bush's talent, and Hydes lack of talent. But then you claim I should draw ZERO conclusions from that? What's the point of bringing it up if all you have to say is that Bush will get some carries and likely most passing down work which is to be assumed by the signing itself knowing what type of player Bush is and the fact that Hyde is largely unproven. Saying Bush is not injury prone, is great in between the tackles, better 3rd down and pass catching back than Hyde along with being SO MUCH MORE TALENTED is supposedly in NO WAY saying Bush should start or eventually will start over Hyde? I mean, am I in bizarro world?

DLFiend wrote:
He's a better talent than Carlos "Shonn Greene" Hyde. Wouldn't be surprised to see a 50/50 split. Bush is the better talent.

I was right about Gio and C-Patt and Ball and I'll be right about Hyde too. He's not good, not athletic, has no vision, poor hands, can't block, etc. etc.

From a talent perspective, Bush > Hyde.

Hyde's not good enough to carry the load by himself. This signing proves that.
Sorry I guess I'm putting words in your mouth, i'm so bad at conversations. How have I survived this long? But according to you, all those statements mean that Hyde will start and is the more valuable piece. Because clearly a running back that is "not good" that is "not athletic" and has "no vision" should start over the uber talented Reggie Bush who can run between the tackles with ease.. ?

DLFiend wrote:Nobody's saying Bush is going to take Hyde's job.
could have fooled me.

So to recap, just so you understand your own posts.

Reggie Bush = Good
Carlos Hyde = Bad

But in NO WAY will Reggie Bush start over Carlos Hyde, nor should he. Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. :wtf:

DLFiend
All Pro
All Pro

Postby DLFiend » Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:37 pm

Bush will be a drain on Hyde's value. That's what I was saying. Bush is, in fact, a better all around RB than Hyde. This doesn't mean that he'll put up better stats, get more carries, or take the starting job from him. Bush is older and Hyde is SF's guy. We know this.

But you're fooling yourself if you think the Bush signing doesn't impact Hyde's value or if you hilariously think Bush's signing is "good" for Hyde, then you're not capable of sound judgment here.

Looking at the roster in your sig, I get why you're touchy about Bush signing. It's OK. Hyde will still be a capable RB.

But if you had any delusions of him being an RB1 (which most of the Hydephiles seem to have) then you need to reexamine how you evaluate fantasy football.

the_future
All Pro
All Pro

Postby the_future » Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:03 pm

MEuRaH wrote:
dynastyninja wrote:I just don't think Hyde is that good. He'll get more carries than Reggie because of his running style, but I still see Reggie as the superior talent.
Superior talent? Not even close imo.

Hyde is the clear #1. He was the first RB off the boards in 2014 for a reason, and they let Gore walk without an attempt to bring him back (according to Gore).

As a HUGE 49er fan, Bush is nothing more than a change-of-pace, 3rd down back. Hell, I think Kendall Hunter can do everything Bush can do, which is what infuriates me about this signing. Bush is depth only, nothing more.

I wouldn't waste a 4th rounder on him. Barring injury, Bush will never contribute, and therefore will never be a starter again, let alone a bye-week fill-in. I'd rather take a chance on a lottery ticket rookie.
I was with you until you stated Bush is equal to Hunter and will never even be worth a bye week fill in. (Unless you only play in 6 team leagues)

Hyde will get the early down work but Bush will have plenty of opportunity to be fantasy relevant and to help the 9ers win a few games. He is the 2nd best receiver on their team at the moment by the way.

gringo
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby gringo » Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:03 am

As a Hyde owner, not feeling bad about it, he will still be the main RB with Bush comming for some carries + in the passing game
Joique Bell was better than Bush the last 2 years, i don't see his value changing much barring an injury to Hyde.
Also Hyde suffered a strained hamstring at the combine running the 40. He ran a 4.62 while doing it, not bad for a big RB. He didn't participate in the 3 cone drill and the shuttle at the combine or his pro day.

farmerj3
Captain
Captain

Postby farmerj3 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:00 am

The Hyde hate and bush love is crazy - Ive watched bush for the last two years as a lions fan, and There is no way he's taking over hydes role barring injury. Bush is injury prone, fumbles in critical sitiuations, and even drops some easy dump off/screen passes.... Why do you think lions cut him? Theyve barely done anything in FA and could of easily kept him at this point, but they feel theo ridick can take on his role.

DLFiend
All Pro
All Pro

Postby DLFiend » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:23 am

farmerj3 wrote: There is no way he's taking over hydes role barring injury.
Nobody is saying this. Literally, nobody. Read.
farmerj3 wrote:Bush is injury prone

He's played an average of 14 games in his past 4 season. Which is probably about average for RBs.
farmerj3 wrote: fumbles in critical sitiuations, and even drops some easy dump off/screen passes
Subjectively anecdotal evidence is subjective.
farmerj3 wrote: Why do you think lions cut him?
They need to spend money on greater positions of need and will draft a RB
farmerj3 wrote:but they feel theo ridick can take on his role.
Well, if you trust the Lions front office to make sound decisions - in this case, keeping a 5'9, 200 lbs RB who runs a 4.70 40 time - then this conversation is done.

Farley
Captain
Captain

Postby Farley » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:56 am

DLFiend wrote:
farmerj3 wrote: There is no way he's taking over hydes role barring injury.
Nobody is saying this. Literally, nobody. Read.
farmerj3 wrote:Bush is injury prone

He's played an average of 14 games in his past 4 season. Which is probably about average for RBs.
farmerj3 wrote: fumbles in critical sitiuations, and even drops some easy dump off/screen passes
Subjectively anecdotal evidence is subjective.
farmerj3 wrote: Why do you think lions cut him?
They need to spend money on greater positions of need and will draft a RB
farmerj3 wrote:but they feel theo ridick can take on his role.
Well, if you trust the Lions front office to make sound decisions - in this case, keeping a 5'9, 200 lbs RB who runs a 4.70 40 time - then this conversation is done.
And yet, when you look at their receiving numbers, Theo had a 9.3 yards/rec. average, 4 TDs, and a long of 41 while Reggie had a 6.3 yards/rec. average, 0 TDs, and a long of 24. Care to explain given Reggie is a god and Theo is trash?

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:43 am

Reggie's yards per reception in 2013 was 9.4. Last year was a down year because of injuries. In 2013 he was an RB1 in terms of PPG.

Riddick and Reggie definitely aren't close. Reggie is clearly better. Everyone keeps mentioning Reggie not being good the last two years. In 2013 he was the RB7 in terms of points per game. That's pretty darn good. He was just unhealthy in 2014.

Farley
Captain
Captain

Postby Farley » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:00 am

Yes. Bush's career high for yards/reception was 2013 at a 9.4 clip. Theo's was 9.3 y/r. So how are they definitely not close?

DLFiend
All Pro
All Pro

Postby DLFiend » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:20 am

You're dealing w/ too small a sample size re: Riddick. Have you seen this kid's YPC? It's SUB-3.0. You could make the same argument re: small sample size and I'd agree. But thus far, Riddick is god-awful at running the football. And coaches can't project what they're doing to the other team.

Farley
Captain
Captain

Postby Farley » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:40 am

Thing is, I'm not the one with very strong convictions about Riddick either way. His sample size is small but it's all that there is to go by. No one's saying he's the next Jim Brown or anything. Just suggesting that he's not "trash" and could serve a useful role in the Lions' offense with Bush gone. His stats and last year's game tape show that he might be able to.
His 40 time does create cause for concern. But only focussing on that would be lazy analysis. Wouldn't it?