General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Kurtrambis1
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: 2024 Week 4

Postby Kurtrambis1 » Thu Sep 28, 2023 9:12 am

wickerkat1212 wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 8:51 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 8:03 am
Cameron Giles wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 6:00 am Haven't seen it mentioned, but there's a pretty good chance that this week determines which team Caleb Williams is playing for next season. A rare coincidence, where all four of the league's 0-3 teams are playing each other this week. So, we're guaranteed two teams starting 0-4.

Broncos vs. Bears
Vikings vs. Panthers

A Yahoo article pointed out that in five of the past seven years, the #1 pick has gone to a team that started 0-4. And at one point from 2003-2012, each of the teams that got the #1 pick started 0-4.

Of course, the other coincidence is that the Bears own the Panthers draft pick this year.

If you're in a rebuild and tanking for Caleb, you might want to keep track of those scores. One of those 3 teams has a good chance to be where he's playing next season.
I really don't think Caleb will play for the Bears. He's already suggested he wants some control on where he goes, and I don't blame him. Peyton stayed a year to avoid the Jets, Elway and Eli refused to play for the team that drafted them. I sincerely believe he would decline to play for that organization, and I wouldn't blame him.
I mean, I wouldn't blame him. But quite often the #1 pick, and top QBs go to bad teams. What I HOPE the Bears do is clean house and hire Harbaugh so that it's more enticing for a guy like Caleb (or Maye).
It would make a lot of sense football wise for him to stay at USC or come out and say he won't play for the Bears. Look at their track record with QBs. That being said, money talks and the NIL money isn't quite there yet for the #1 pick to stay. A devastating career-threatening injury as a rookie nets you 35-40 million with guarantees, whereas that same injury in college costs you about 30 million. Plus you get the opportunity to be the face of a franchise in a top 5 market. A lot of pressure with that though.

Bears having the Panthers 1st round pick really gives them a lot leverage during the draft (if things keep going the way they are). If Caleb comes out and says he won't play for the Bears they could still draft him and another QB. Usually teams would use a player's unwillingness to play for a certain franchise as a way to lowball them. Bears having 2 potential top 3 picks really eliminates that. If he really is generational, then a team is going to have to pay an arm and a leg to get him.

Ben Johnson, Caleb Williams, and MHJ would be fun.

God, I hate being a Bears fan during the season lately. It's week 4 and we are already planning to "win" the offseason again.
12 Team PPR League, 25 Man Rosters, 2 Taxi Squad
Start QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FLEX, FLEX

QB- Murray, Lawrence, Mayfield
RB- Montgomery, Javonte Williams, Najee Harris, Jamaal Williams, Carter, Joshua Kelly, Trayveon Williams, Eli Mitchell
WR- J. Jefferson, Tyreek, D. Smith, Tank Dell, Curtis Samuel, Hollywood Brown, Renfrow, Rashee Rice
TE- Pitts, Ferguson, Higbee

Taxi-Kraft

Picks
24=1st, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd, 4th, 5th
25= 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

Bronco Billy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Thu Sep 28, 2023 9:18 am

Kurtrambis1 wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 9:12 am
God, I hate being a Bears fan during the season lately. It's week 4 and we are already planning to "win" the offseason again.
According to one Bears expert here, you guys are looking at a 9-5 finish.

Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Prison_Mike » Thu Sep 28, 2023 9:25 am

JoshGordonsDealer wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 8:58 am Sounds like Jones, Watson, and Montgomery are all back
This is big for me. Drafted a dynasty team for my gf this year and she thinks I must be terrible at this and is growing increasingly frustrated with her 0-3 team that I thought would be very good.

Will keep y'all posted. Might be single soon. Ironically, being single is what got me so invested in this hobby to begin with

Jrblaha
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Jrblaha » Thu Sep 28, 2023 9:29 am

Prison_Mike wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 9:25 am
JoshGordonsDealer wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 8:58 am Sounds like Jones, Watson, and Montgomery are all back
This is big for me. Drafted a dynasty team for my gf this year and she thinks I must be terrible at this and is growing increasingly frustrated with her 0-3 team that I thought would be very good.

Will keep y'all posted. Might be single soon. Ironically, being single is what got me so invested in this hobby to begin with
Haha! Just remind her it’s all about the long game

Bronco Billy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Thu Sep 28, 2023 9:31 am

Jrblaha wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 9:29 am

Maybe that’s why she’s leaving…

:think:

Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Prison_Mike » Thu Sep 28, 2023 9:42 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 9:31 am

:lol:

Could be. I'm an average prospect at best. Technically sound, but no elite measurables to fall back on

Bronco Billy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Thu Sep 28, 2023 9:59 am

Prison_Mike wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 9:42 am

Could be. I'm an average prospect at best. Technically sound, but no elite measurables to fall back on
Remember that a really fast early split is not indicative of a top prospect.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Sep 28, 2023 10:06 am

Anyone firing up Kamara this week?

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Thu Sep 28, 2023 10:36 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 9:59 am

What's his FPPT? That could change everything.

Kurtrambis1
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Kurtrambis1 » Thu Sep 28, 2023 10:59 am

As long as you're hardworking and not afraid to get your hands dirty, she'll stay with you.
12 Team PPR League, 25 Man Rosters, 2 Taxi Squad
Start QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FLEX, FLEX

QB- Murray, Lawrence, Mayfield
RB- Montgomery, Javonte Williams, Najee Harris, Jamaal Williams, Carter, Joshua Kelly, Trayveon Williams, Eli Mitchell
WR- J. Jefferson, Tyreek, D. Smith, Tank Dell, Curtis Samuel, Hollywood Brown, Renfrow, Rashee Rice
TE- Pitts, Ferguson, Higbee

Taxi-Kraft

Picks
24=1st, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd, 4th, 5th
25= 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu Sep 28, 2023 11:10 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 8:03 am
I really don't think Caleb will play for the Bears. He's already suggested he wants some control on where he goes, and I don't blame him. Peyton stayed a year to avoid the Jets, Elway and Eli refused to play for the team that drafted them. I sincerely believe he would decline to play for that organization, and I wouldn't blame him.
It's an interesting thought, but it's too risky. You do all that, just so some other franchise in disarray can be in position to draft you next year.

Trevor Lawrence declared with Jacksonville on the clock. I think Caleb is coming out regardless of who has the pick.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Thu Sep 28, 2023 11:41 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 9:18 am
Kurtrambis1 wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 9:12 am
According to one Bears expert here, you guys are looking at a 9-5 finish.
LOL Kurt. I feel you. 9-5? Not me. I had them at 6-9 wins before the season started. And after three weeks they look WORSE than last year. IDK if they're going to beat DEN. They may not get back to THREE wins. FML.

I actually want both CHI and CAR to lose this week. They need to gut this and restart. Hire Harbaugh. Maybe Poles gets one more shot. But this team is a mess.
D3:
QB—Allen, JJM RB—Gibbs, Kamara, Jacobs, LLOYD, Zamir, Edwards, Ford, Warren, McLaughlin WR—MHJ, Lamb, Olave, DJM, Shaheed, RICE, VJefferson TE—Engram, Muth, Washington, Kraft, THEO PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, BENSON, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, POLK, CORLEY, COWING, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, TJOHNSON, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, RATTLER RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Mostert, BRob, ESTIME WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Lockett, Myers, COWING, MWASHINGTON TE—Kmet, Kraft, SANDERS, Conklin, Hurst PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: MAYE, Goff, Cousins, PENIX RB: Bijan, BRob, Zamir, Allgeier, McLaughlin, Hull WR: HARRISON, DJM, Higgins, JSN, BTHOMAS, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, COWING, Reynolds TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Hurst, WILEY, Trautman, Tremble, Dissly, Reiman

Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Prison_Mike » Thu Sep 28, 2023 12:10 pm

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 10:36 am
Bronco Billy wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 9:59 am

What's his FPPT? That could change everything.
Above average FPPT. Breakout looming

Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Prison_Mike » Thu Sep 28, 2023 12:11 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 10:06 am Anyone firing up Kamara this week?
Yes, but it's for Team 3 and is largely out of necessity.
I'd feel fairly confident in starting him even if it wasn't out of necessity though
Team 1:
12-team | PPR | SuperFlex | 0.5-TEP
Start: 1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/3FLX/1SF
QB: Herbert, Kyler, Baker, Jimmy G
RB: Taylor, Saquon, Javonte, Conner, Lloyd, R.Davis, Vidal, Tracy
WR: Chase, Aiyuk, Olave, Diggs, Diontae, Hollywood, MT, Shaheed
TE: Engram, Bowers, Woods

Team 2:
12-Team | PPR | SuperFlex | 0.5-TEP
Start: QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/3FLX/1SF
QB: Mahomes, Allen, Russ
RB: Breece, JT, Swift, Javonte, Mostert, Zamir, Irving
WR: Chase, Aiyuk, Nico, Kupp, Kirk, Hollywood, MT
TE: Pitts, Njoku, Woods

Team 3:
12-Team | PPR | SuperFlex | 0.5-TEP
Start: QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/3FLX/1SF
QB: Hurts, Dak, Stafford, Z.Wilson, DTR
RB: Saquon, Swift, Achane, Kamara, Ford
WR: Jefferson, AJB, ARSB, Nico, Diontae, Wicks, OBJ
TE: Goedert, Njoku, Fant, Woods

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Thu Sep 28, 2023 12:14 pm

hingle wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 6:26 am
Cameron Giles wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 6:00 am Haven't seen it mentioned, but there's a pretty good chance that this week determines which team Caleb Williams is playing for next season. A rare coincidence, where all four of the league's 0-3 teams are playing each other this week. So, we're guaranteed two teams starting 0-4.

Broncos vs. Bears
Vikings vs. Panthers

A Yahoo article pointed out that in five of the past seven years, the #1 pick has gone to a team that started 0-4. And at one point from 2003-2012, each of the teams that got the #1 pick started 0-4.

Of course, the other coincidence is that the Bears own the Panthers draft pick this year.

If you're in a rebuild and tanking for Caleb, you might want to keep track of those scores. One of those 3 teams has a good chance to be where he's playing next season.
Vikings would be a great landing spot for him, but you have to assume that with all the weapons they have they are going to win a few games this year. Seems likely that the Bears will have a good shot at him with two picks likely to be near the top of the draft.
To play conspiracy theory, I could see a scenario where the Vikings play to win this week but lose to Andy Dalton's veteran leadership (of an otherwise decent roster), fall to 0-4, and decide this season is dust. At that point, the Vikings could trade Cousins to the Jets for a '25 2nd with a conditional future 2nd based on Cousins/Jets performance/outcome.

The then 0-4 Vikings without Cousins could potentially end the season 3-14 and be in the running for the first overall pick.

Of course, the Vikings have to lose first to Carolina this week. :think:
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, CWilliams
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JFord, Corum, JWright
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, Q Johnston, DeDouglas, MCorley
TE: Goedert, Okongwo
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, DLloyd; (DE/DL) Sieler; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF