Captain

Re: The Official "What the @#$! to do at 1.07" thread

Postby ThirdWW » Mon May 22, 2023 8:00 am

AZK wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 7:27 pm 1QB

Tier 1- Bijan
Tier 2 - Gibbs
Tier 3 - JSN/Addison/Johston/Flowers/Richardson
Tier 4 - Kincaid/Achane/Kendre/Charbonnet/Mingo

This is where I am at currently. Kincaid is my target at #9 in one league. I also sit at #7 in another and might go Kincaid as well there if my top 6 go. Love that the news out of Buf is that he will be the slot WR.

Also his age doesn't scare me given that he didn't start playing until he was a senior in high school.
So you would not fault anyone for taking Richardson above JSN in a 1QB league?
Team One:
Year 12
12 team, .5 ppr
QB 2RB 3WR TE FLEX K DL LB DB

QB - CJ Stroud
RB - Tank Bigsby, Sean Tucker, Chris Rodriguez, cans
WR - Garrett Wilson, Drake London, JSN, Jahan Dotson, Demario Douglas
TE - Kyle Pitts, Cade Otton, Chig Okonkwo

2024 Picks: 1.1, 1.2, 1.9, 2.6, 2.10, 3.1, 3.2, 3.7, 4.1, 4.10
2025 Picks: 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 4

Team Two:
Year 2
12 team, .5 ppr, SF
QB SF 2RB 3WR TE 2FLEX K

QB - Joe Burrow, Kyler Murray, Daniel Jones
RB - Roschon Johnson, Kendre Miller, cans
WR - Amon-Ra St. Brown, Chris Olave, Jaylen Waddle, Jordan Addison, Jahan Dotson, Demario Douglas, Elijah Moore, Wan’Dale Robinson
TE - Kyle Pitts, Trey McBride, Jake Ferguson, Chig

2024 Picks: 1.08, 1.12, 2.11, 4.1, 4.11
2025 Picks 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 4

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Mon May 22, 2023 8:41 am

ThirdWW wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 8:00 am

Tier 1- Bijan
Tier 2 - Gibbs

This is where I am at currently. Kincaid is my target at #9 in one league. I also sit at #7 in another and might go Kincaid as well there if my top 6 go. Love that the news out of Buf is that he will be the slot WR.

Also his age doesn't scare me given that he didn't start playing until he was a senior in high school.
In something like a non-ppr, with a start only 2WR required with flexes or something, no I would not, as WR value is depressed in such leagues. Aiming for a huge upside advantage at QB instead of a much safer play at WR, I could argue that risk in such a league.

In a standard 1QB PPR start 3+ WR league, I have to take JSN, Addison, and probably Flowers and Johnston over a QB like Richardson.

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Mon May 22, 2023 8:51 am

Valhalla wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 8:41 am In a standard 1QB PPR start 3+ WR league, I have to take JSN, Addison, and probably Flowers and Johnston over a QB like Richardson.
and even then, if you think they'll never be anything more than WR2s (i.e. replaceable) and believe in richardson, i have no issues with taking the QB.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Mon May 22, 2023 9:10 am

killer_of_giants wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 8:51 am
Valhalla wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 8:41 am In a standard 1QB PPR start 3+ WR league, I have to take JSN, Addison, and probably Flowers and Johnston over a QB like Richardson.
and even then, if you think they'll never be anything more than WR2s (i.e. replaceable) and believe in richardson, i have no issues with taking the QB.
Yeah agreed. I have no issues with taking him as high as you like if you believe he's going to be a star. I was just saying, I personally would take the WRs in that type of league.
In a non-ppr, I genuinely would be at least considering him, looking at Richardson's tape, right after Bijan and Gibbs.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon May 22, 2023 9:46 am

Tier 1- Bijan
Tier 2 - Gibbs

When selecting a player never worry about what someone else might think is the best advice I can give.

In a 1 QB league I actually have JSN #2A / Gibbs 2B and Kincaid as the 2nd best pass catching fantasy player which is how I view him since he will be a classic move TE or a Big Slot. I moved into 1.6 to get Kincaid.

That said, I don't think many if any of us would be trading Mahomes for either JSN or Kincaid. If one believes Richardson is the next big Fantasy player like a QB/RB all rolled into one, then select him with confidence when it is your pick regardless of the pick number in round 1. Obviously if I had a top 3 pick and wanted him I would move in the 4-7 range to select him as everyone wants a top 3 pick but still if he is rated high on your board pick him.

In my latest 1 QB draft, Richardson went in the 1st round as the 1st QB off the board. He probably won't be available in round 2 in a lot of leagues. He went 1.11 ahead of Zay Flowers but after LaPorta and R. Johnson.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Mon May 22, 2023 10:24 am

Ice wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 9:46 am

Tier 1- Bijan
Tier 2 - Gibbs

When selecting a player never worry about what someone else might think is the best advice I can give.

In a 1 QB league I actually have JSN #2A / Gibbs 2B and Kincaid as the 2nd best pass catching fantasy player which is how I view him since he will be a classic move TE or a Big Slot. I moved into 1.6 to get Kincaid.

That said, I don't think many if any of us would be trading Mahomes for either JSN or Kincaid. If one believes Richardson is the next big Fantasy player like a QB/RB all rolled into one, then select him with confidence when it is your pick regardless of the pick number in round 1. Obviously if I had a top 3 pick and wanted him I would move in the 4-7 range to select him as everyone wants a top 3 pick but still if he is rated high on your board pick him.

In my latest 1 QB draft, Richardson went in the 1st round as the 1st QB off the board. He probably won't be available in round 2 in a lot of leagues. He went 1.11 ahead of Zay Flowers but after LaPorta and R. Johnson.
Yep. This. Get your guy. Have fun. At the end of the day who really cares if you take a player at 4 or 6 or 8? None of us know who is going to be elite, we're all guessing.
D3:
QB—Allen, JJM RB—Gibbs, Kamara, Jacobs, LLOYD, Zamir, Edwards, Ford, Warren, McLaughlin WR—MHJ, Lamb, Olave, DJM, Shaheed, RICE, VJefferson TE—Engram, Muth, Washington, Kraft, THEO PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, BENSON, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, POLK, CORLEY, COWING, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, TJOHNSON, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, RATTLER RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Mostert, BRob, ESTIME WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Lockett, Myers, COWING, MWASHINGTON TE—Kmet, Kraft, SANDERS, Conklin, Hurst PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: MAYE, Goff, Cousins, PENIX RB: Bijan, BRob, Zamir, Allgeier, McLaughlin, Hull WR: HARRISON, DJM, Higgins, JSN, BTHOMAS, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, COWING, Reynolds TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Hurst, WILEY, Trautman, Tremble, Dissly, Reiman