You Should Be Up on Josh Downs

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Re: You Should Be Up on Josh Downs

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon May 01, 2023 6:22 am

mild wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:42 am
Can you break down why you love the landing spot with the Colts so much?

The short to intermediate timing routes that are his calling card are the exact ones we're unsure if AR is ever going to become "NFL proficient" at. His best traits currently are his rushing and his deep ball.

Agreed on loving Mims. I'll look more seriously at Reed this week.
This is a great thread on what Shane Steichen is looking to do with the Colts and how a slot separator fits in.

https://twitter.com/ZachHicks2/status/1 ... 1497539584

Jalen Hurts last year threw 67.6% of his intended passes for less than 10 yards. Philadelphia racks up aasy completions better than any offense in the NFL. They use the high efficiency, easy completions to build up to the homerun shots. Hurts threw deep 14.2% of the time with a 31.8 aDOT.

Richardson is going to be a homerun hitter, and Downs (along with the run game) is going to be a significant part in how the Colts establish those easy completions and plays to set up the explosive plays. Downs is a three-level player, but he's at the top of the list in prospects in this class when it comes to getting open in the short and intermediate field, and in racking up YAC from manufactured plays. Philadelphia was 6th in YAC/completion last season and that's the game of Downs.

UNC relied heavily on Downs to play this role in their offense. Indianapolis will ask him to do something similar. Richardson will have to develop this part of his game and Downs will make it easier to do that. He is that pure separator that the Colts really need to get the new offense rolling down the line.

Plus, it never hurts to have Reggie Wayne get to work with someone who's already coming in as a plus-route runner. It's a great fit.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Mon May 01, 2023 7:22 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 6:22 am

The short to intermediate timing routes that are his calling card are the exact ones we're unsure if AR is ever going to become "NFL proficient" at. His best traits currently are his rushing and his deep ball.

This is a great thread on what Shane Steichen is looking to do with the Colts and how a slot separator fits in.

Jalen Hurts last year threw 67.6% of his intended passes for less than 10 yards. Philadelphia racks up aasy completions better than any offense in the NFL. They use the high efficiency, easy completions to build up to the homerun shots. Hurts threw deep 14.2% of the time with a 31.8 aDOT.

Richardson is going to be a homerun hitter, and Downs (along with the run game) is going to be a significant part in how the Colts establish those easy completions and plays to set up the explosive plays. Downs is a three-level player, but he's at the top of the list in prospects in this class when it comes to getting open in the short and intermediate field, and in racking up YAC from manufactured plays. Philadelphia was 6th in YAC/completion last season and that's the game of Downs.

UNC relied heavily on Downs to play this role in their offense. Indianapolis will ask him to do something similar. Richardson will have to develop this part of his game and Downs will make it easier to do that. He is that pure separator that the Colts really need to get the new offense rolling down the line.

Plus, it never hurts to have Reggie Wayne get to work with someone who's already coming in as a plus-route runner. It's a great fit.
This is all predicated on the QB doing something well, when it has been his biggest weakness. All I am trying to say.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon May 01, 2023 7:35 am

murphysxm wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 7:22 am
Cameron Giles wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 6:22 am

This is all predicated on the QB doing something well, when it has been his biggest weakness. All I am trying to say.
Getting a pure separator like Downs who wins in the level of field you need your QB to develop in is a part of how you make strides to crush that weakness.

It will take some time, but I like the fit.

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Mon May 01, 2023 8:29 am

Isn't that what Pittman already does?

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon May 01, 2023 10:11 am

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 8:29 am Isn't that what Pittman already does?
He's more of a big target than a separator

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Thu May 04, 2023 10:15 pm

I had Downs as my WR6 this spring, after seeing how much CG talk him up

I wanted my Colts to take him at 2.04! Thrilled we got him mid-3rd.

He’s still my WR6, after the 1st round guys plus Mingo
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, J Daniels, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/G WILSON/D ADAMS/DK, Pittman, Flowers, Evans, Pearsoll
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/COUSINS, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
LAPORTA/KELCE/KITTLE
/
TEAM C - 32T (2 copy), 1QB, TEP
TUA, J Daniels
KAMARA, J Brooks, Monty, Mattison
JJ/DK/GODWIN/K ALLEN, Kirk, J Meyers, Polk, Wandale
KITTLE, Goedert, Higbee
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE, Pollard
CHASE/G WILSON/AIYUK/DJM, Nabers, Pittman, Diggs, Polk
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/BREECE, Pollard
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert
/
TEAM F - 12T, SF & TEP
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, J Warren, Allgier
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, McLaurin, Ridley
LAPORTA

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Thu May 04, 2023 10:29 pm

Wow, thanks.
D3:
QB—Allen, JJM RB—Gibbs, Kamara, Jacobs, LLOYD, Zamir, Edwards, Ford, Warren, McLaughlin WR—MHJ, Lamb, Olave, DJM, Shaheed, RICE, VJefferson TE—Engram, Muth, Washington, Kraft, THEO PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, BENSON, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, POLK, CORLEY, COWING, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, TJOHNSON, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, RATTLER RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Mostert, BRob, ESTIME WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Lockett, Myers, COWING, MWASHINGTON TE—Kmet, Kraft, SANDERS, Conklin, Hurst PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: MAYE, Goff, Cousins, PENIX RB: Bijan, BRob, Zamir, Allgeier, McLaughlin, Hull WR: HARRISON, DJM, Higgins, JSN, BTHOMAS, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, COWING, Reynolds TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Hurst, WILEY, Trautman, Tremble, Dissly, Reiman

Bronco Billy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Fri May 05, 2023 7:14 am

Jigga94 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 10:11 am
YouMightDieTryin wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 8:29 am Isn't that what Pittman already does?
If Richardson is throwing the ball, he’ll need to get bigger.

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Sat May 06, 2023 11:42 pm

Havent read the whole thread but heres my 2 cents.

Undersized receiver tied to a raw passing quarterback. Even if Richardson hits I dont see him supporting multiple fantasy WRs, especially on what should be a running team. And with the size concerns hes also going to have to win releases to get open and beat the nfl press.

It's not impossible, but I feel like theres a lot going against him. I'm out on his current peice/adp.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat May 06, 2023 11:46 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 7:14 am
Jigga94 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 10:11 am
If Richardson is throwing the ball, he’ll need to get bigger.
:lol:
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat May 06, 2023 11:48 pm

MFundercover wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 11:42 pm Havent read the whole thread but heres my 2 cents.

Undersized receiver tied to a raw passing quarterback. Even if Richardson hits I dont see him supporting multiple fantasy WRs, especially on what should be a running team. And with the size concerns hes also going to have to win releases to get open and beat the nfl press.

It's not impossible, but I feel like theres a lot going against him. I'm out on his current peice/adp.
So you're down on him, or are you just joshing us? :D
Janiel Dones Truther

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Sun May 07, 2023 9:25 am

A lot of hype already about Richardson and Downs. I've seen a few articles.
D3:
QB—Allen, JJM RB—Gibbs, Kamara, Jacobs, LLOYD, Zamir, Edwards, Ford, Warren, McLaughlin WR—MHJ, Lamb, Olave, DJM, Shaheed, RICE, VJefferson TE—Engram, Muth, Washington, Kraft, THEO PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, BENSON, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, POLK, CORLEY, COWING, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, TJOHNSON, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, RATTLER RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Mostert, BRob, ESTIME WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Lockett, Myers, COWING, MWASHINGTON TE—Kmet, Kraft, SANDERS, Conklin, Hurst PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: MAYE, Goff, Cousins, PENIX RB: Bijan, BRob, Zamir, Allgeier, McLaughlin, Hull WR: HARRISON, DJM, Higgins, JSN, BTHOMAS, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, COWING, Reynolds TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Hurst, WILEY, Trautman, Tremble, Dissly, Reiman

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun May 07, 2023 9:58 am

wickerkat1212 wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 9:25 am A lot of hype already about Richardson and Downs. I've seen a few articles.
I'm a big proponent of metrics like FPPA. That's fantasy points per article.
Janiel Dones Truther

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Sun May 07, 2023 10:19 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 9:58 am
wickerkat1212 wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 9:25 am A lot of hype already about Richardson and Downs. I've seen a few articles.
LOL I'm just saying, they're already gelling.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Sun May 07, 2023 2:35 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 10:19 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 9:58 am
LOL I'm just saying, they're already gelling.
No, they are trying. The throws in the parking lot was for 5 minutes. We are still in lying season.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts