Jameson Williams Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
SteveMaddensShoes
Legend
Legend

Re: Jameson Williams Thread

Postby SteveMaddensShoes » Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:29 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:54 pm
SteveMaddensShoes wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:24 pm I don’t understand the why or explanation behind this data. Is it a large enough sample size without an explanation to matter? I’m not so sure it is personally. I normally lean hard into the data but this isn’t adding up to any rational reason.

Edit- I’m not meaning the overall bust rate. I’m meaning guys that missed games due to injury. That was the sample size that seems to small to me and without good explanation as to why they didn’t pan out.

I can atleast hypothesize and make good guesses on the explanation behind the RB modeling, but can’t see as a clear a picture here to persuade me it’s not just small sample sizes.
Idk why it is exactly but the games played is significant, I had to include games played into my wr report or else the results would be a complete mess.

My hypothesis is it’s probably a combination of several factors. Missed time is one. Missing time to integrate yourself with the team, etc. NFL careers are also short, so missing a full season, particularly early, is a significant chunk of most players careers. So opportunity to be a “hit” is greatly diminished. Also, if you’re missing half the season with injury, it means you suffered a severe, and potentially career altering injury, or it means your constantly in and out with a myriad of injuries throughout the season, leading you to have an injury prone label (whether correct or not), and losing trust of the coaching staff. “The best ability is availability” as they say. We also know major injuries often take 2 years to fully come back from, with body fully healed and player confidence regained. Those are just my theories anyway. If you or anyone else wants to breakdown and dissect every injury and every reason each of the players didn’t get to the 9 games played that would probably be super useful and insightful.
I’ll try and put together a little information on the injuries. I don’t even know who Yatil Green is. Lol
TEAM 1 - 12 man SF. ppr, TEP 1.65 ppr

11 starters - QB, RB(2) WR(3) TE, SF, Flex(3)

Stroud, Kyler, Bryce Young, Anthony Richardson, Minshew, Trey Lance, Dalton l, Mike White

Breece, Achane, AJ Dillon, Justice Hill, Evan Hull, Chris Rodgriquez

Chase, Lamb, Waddle, Olave, London Drake, Demario Davis, Jake Bobo

Kyle Pitts, Mark Andrews, Kincaid, Schoonmaker

24 picks - 1x2, 3,4,5

Team 2-
12 man SF, .25ppc, .5ppr rbs, 1 ppr wr, 1.5 ppr TE

Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawerence, Jake Haehner, Jake Browning

JT, Kendre Miller,, K Ingram, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Kenny Macintosh, Sean Tucker

Puka, Rondale, Mooney, Wan’dale, Terrace Marshall, DPJ, Justyn Ross, Xavier Hutchinson,

Kyle Pitts, Luke Musgrave, Juwan Johnson, Darnell Washington, Jelani Woods, Elijah Higgins

24 - 1st x 3, 2nd x 2, 4th x 3 ,5

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:39 am

SteveMaddensShoes wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:29 am
SteveMaddensShoes wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:24 pm I don’t understand the why or explanation behind this data. Is it a large enough sample size without an explanation to matter? I’m not so sure it is personally. I normally lean hard into the data but this isn’t adding up to any rational reason.

Edit- I’m not meaning the overall bust rate. I’m meaning guys that missed games due to injury. That was the sample size that seems to small to me and without good explanation as to why they didn’t pan out.

I can atleast hypothesize and make good guesses on the explanation behind the RB modeling, but can’t see as a clear a picture here to persuade me it’s not just small sample sizes.
Idk why it is exactly but the games played is significant, I had to include games played into my wr report or else the results would be a complete mess.

My hypothesis is it’s probably a combination of several factors. Missed time is one. Missing time to integrate yourself with the team, etc. NFL careers are also short, so missing a full season, particularly early, is a significant chunk of most players careers. So opportunity to be a “hit” is greatly diminished. Also, if you’re missing half the season with injury, it means you suffered a severe, and potentially career altering injury, or it means your constantly in and out with a myriad of injuries throughout the season, leading you to have an injury prone label (whether correct or not), and losing trust of the coaching staff. “The best ability is availability” as they say. We also know major injuries often take 2 years to fully come back from, with body fully healed and player confidence regained. Those are just my theories anyway. If you or anyone else wants to breakdown and dissect every injury and every reason each of the players didn’t get to the 9 games played that would probably be super useful and insightful.
I’ll try and put together a little information on the injuries. I don’t even know who Yatil Green is. Lol
I already looked at it and had typed it up, but DFL logged me out when I submitted post, so not going to bother doing it again. They all sustained an injury/injuries in their rookie seasons, except Moss I think, who was just not in the game plan until week 10.

I agree, when you take nearly an entire year off such a short career, it greatly diminishes the chance to hit. Looking at the list, it's also easy to see that several of these injuries happened quite some time ago. Obviously modern day surgeries and rehab programs are light years ahead of those in 1997. With the small sample size, it is really hard to draw much of a definitive conclusion other than injuries are bad.

SteveMaddensShoes
Legend
Legend

Postby SteveMaddensShoes » Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:50 am

CGW wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:39 am
SteveMaddensShoes wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:29 am

I already looked at it and had typed it up, but DFL logged me out when I submitted post, so not going to bother doing it again. They all sustained an injury/injuries in their rookie seasons, except Moss I think, who was just not in the game plan until week 10.

I agree, when you take nearly an entire year off such a short career, it greatly diminishes the chance to hit. Looking at the list, it's also easy to see that several of these injuries happened quite some time ago. Obviously modern day surgeries and rehab programs are light years ahead of those in 1997. With the small sample size, it is really hard to draw much of a definitive conclusion other than injuries are bad.

Not just injury, but multiple injuries. And yes, I’m seeing injuries that were more career ending.

Yatil Green, drafted as a speedster, tore his quad, acl and sufferered cartilage damage in the preseason. Tore the same acl next preseason. Ended up having 10 surgeries in 3 years. Seems like he was never the same again. I’m this instance I would venture to say the medical treatment a is much higher quality and success than 1997.

Charlie Rogers suffered a broken clavicle after starting the season strong. 22 catches, 243 yards and 3 tds in first 5 games. Broke his clavicle again in game 1 of the next year. Became addicted to Vicodin and never returned to form. By 2006, 3 years after being drafted, he could only run a 4.8 40 and coaches were no longer impressed by his work ethic. Again I’m guessing the addiction. He ended up dying from overdose at age 38.

So far that’s all I’ve looked up. I’ll do more later.
TEAM 1 - 12 man SF. ppr, TEP 1.65 ppr

11 starters - QB, RB(2) WR(3) TE, SF, Flex(3)

Stroud, Kyler, Bryce Young, Anthony Richardson, Minshew, Trey Lance, Dalton l, Mike White

Breece, Achane, AJ Dillon, Justice Hill, Evan Hull, Chris Rodgriquez

Chase, Lamb, Waddle, Olave, London Drake, Demario Davis, Jake Bobo

Kyle Pitts, Mark Andrews, Kincaid, Schoonmaker

24 picks - 1x2, 3,4,5

Team 2-
12 man SF, .25ppc, .5ppr rbs, 1 ppr wr, 1.5 ppr TE

Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawerence, Jake Haehner, Jake Browning

JT, Kendre Miller,, K Ingram, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Kenny Macintosh, Sean Tucker

Puka, Rondale, Mooney, Wan’dale, Terrace Marshall, DPJ, Justyn Ross, Xavier Hutchinson,

Kyle Pitts, Luke Musgrave, Juwan Johnson, Darnell Washington, Jelani Woods, Elijah Higgins

24 - 1st x 3, 2nd x 2, 4th x 3 ,5

gpaok
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby gpaok » Sat Oct 29, 2022 4:13 am

Reports he is still a month away from playing. Anyone hitting the panic button yet?
10 team Dynasty Superflex, 1 PPR, 20 + 3 IR player roster
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, SFlex, Flex, DEF

QB: Patrick Mahomes, Lamar Jackson, Josh Allen
RB: Nick Chubb, J.K. Dobbins, Travis Etienne, Rhamondre Stevenson, Rachaad White, Khalil Herbert, Tank Bigsby, Jaylen Warren, Jerome Ford, Kyren Williams, Tank Bigsby
WR: Amari Cooper, CeeDee Lamb, Ja’Marr Chase, Calvin Ridley, Tank Dell
TE:T.J. Hockenson, Trey McBride, Jake Ferguson

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sat Oct 29, 2022 4:18 am

gpaok wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 4:13 am Reports he is still a month away from playing. Anyone hitting the panic button yet?
People who aren't good at dynasty, maybe

j4pac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby j4pac » Sat Oct 29, 2022 4:46 am

gpaok wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 4:13 am Reports he is still a month away from playing. Anyone hitting the panic button yet?
I went in with the expectations that wouldn’t contribute this year. It would be nice to see something this year, just so it boosts his trade capital heading into 2023. As of right now he’s definitely in the mix with JSN and Addison. A good finish probably pushes him ahead
SF, PPR, 12 team, 12 player dynasty

QB- Lawrence, Fields, Tannehill (max 2 keepers, 3 rostered)
RB- Bijan Robinson, T Pollard, Allgeier, Charbonnet, Achane, J Wilson, Kelley, K Williams
WR- Lamb, Jeudy, Hill, C Olave, A Pierce, Shaheed, Bourne
TE- Goedert, Musgrave

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:16 am

Yeah I dropped him where I was stashing him in my redraft league.

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:15 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 6:01 pm Since 1995 there have been 8 1st round WR's that have played in 8 or less games as a rookie. Those names are;

Kevin White
Ike Hilliard
N'Keal Harry
Marcus Nash
Josh Doctson
Charles Rogers
Santana Moss
Yatil Green

Santana Moss is the ONLY hit of the group. You REALLY don't want "a zero" from Jameson this year.
Out of that list only one guy was on the level of skill , athleticism & production of Jameson IMHO

And he was an early success ...

Each case is a snowflake , they may all look alike & get lumped together but they all have a different profile. Thus I look at each on an individual basis. Also I am a big believer in situation matters greatly vs the TALENT over SITUATION crowd.

J'mar Chase took a year off albeit in college and appears to be alright. Fell into perfect storm of his college QB and a coach who is from offensive background.

Jameson is going to a mostly very good situation. Poor defense which leads to more passing. Very good o-line which protects well enough to be able to take deep shots. Excellent skill group around him to alleviate focus on him in Swift , Hock & ARSB .

Only concern is Goff ability to be the guy that keeps the machine running. Not great deep arm but accurate enough otherwise. Will he keep the job ? Too many turnovers, especially@ crucial times. So who's next if not Goff ? That will go a long way in determining JW's success / hit chances.

Long term concern is regime change. That could :think: go either way. :think: Some go the bombs away throw 40-50 times KC/Buff route or the Bears / Atl throw 15-20 times route. Hoping Campbell current group sticks around as they are the kind to open up things & take chances.

Oh, and the ONE GUY ... None other than hometown boy & former Lion GREAT :liar: SIR Charles Rogers who was on his way before back to back years getting derailed by injury. Then he succumbed to depression and drinking & drugging

gpaok
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby gpaok » Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:45 am

Jigga94 wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 4:18 am
I get your point but what I am starting be to concerned about is that, Godwin is back and playing and I think he had ACL/MCL injury, early reports had Williams returning for training camp and now we are looking at Thanksgiving at best.

It could be the Lions don’t want to rush things, or he might not recover as well.

Regardless of talent there is a lot of evidence in this thread and others that playtime is important.

RB: Nick Chubb, J.K. Dobbins, Travis Etienne, Rhamondre Stevenson, Rachaad White, Khalil Herbert, Tank Bigsby, Jaylen Warren, Jerome Ford, Kyren Williams, Tank Bigsby

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:17 am

gpaok wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:45 am
I get your point but what I am starting be to concerned about is that, Godwin is back and playing and I think he had ACL/MCL injury, early reports had Williams returning for training camp and now we are looking at Thanksgiving at best.

It could be the Lions don’t want to rush things, or he might not recover as well.

Regardless of talent there is a lot of evidence in this thread and others that playtime is important.
I remember Jason Moore from Fantasy Footballers had a "trusted source" that said Jameson may not have been taking his rehab as seriously as he could/should have early on. I was shot down about that around here for merely mentioning it. by some :lol: Maybe there was something to that, maybe they are being really cautious.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:27 am

gpaok wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:45 am

I mean, Godwin came back and then re injured his hamstring on the same leg and had to miss a few games. Maybe it's truly unrelated, but we've seen this after ACLs many times before.

You don't want Jameson coming back and then picking up another injury, setting him back even further.

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:29 pm

IDK why but some people are massively disrespecting Jameson and acting like he’s a buy low.

I had a chump offer me Breece Hall & Javonte for him, like what am I stupid?? 2 injured backs for 1 future HOF wideout? GTFO of here..
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, J Daniels, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/G WILSON/D ADAMS/DK, Pittman, Flowers, Evans, Pearsoll
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/COUSINS, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
LAPORTA/KELCE/KITTLE
/
TEAM C - 32T (2 copy), 1QB, TEP
TUA, J Daniels
KAMARA, J Brooks, Monty, Mattison
JJ/DK/GODWIN/K ALLEN, Kirk, J Meyers, Polk, Wandale
KITTLE, Goedert, Higbee
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE, Pollard
CHASE/G WILSON/AIYUK/DJM, Nabers, Pittman, Diggs, Polk
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/BREECE, Pollard
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert
/
TEAM F - 12T, SF & TEP
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Postby MacDaddy123 » Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:37 pm

No, not at all. I was not expecting anything out of Jamo in 2022.
I'd rather he come into 2023 fully healthy.
Lions aren't going anywhere, which is why they are being patient.

Godwin came back early because he thought the Bucs had another shot at a title in 2022.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:59 pm

lukkynumber13 wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:29 pm IDK why but some people are massively disrespecting Jameson and acting like he’s a buy low.

I had a chump offer me Breece Hall & Javonte for him, like what am I stupid?? 2 injured backs for 1 future HOF wideout? GTFO of here..
:lol:
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

gpaok
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby gpaok » Mon Nov 21, 2022 1:59 pm

Lions designated Jameson to return from injured reserve. I assume it won’t be the thanksgiving game but maybe the week after!

With some nice matchups it should be fun to see what he can do!