Arob

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Arob

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:13 am

Mcvay better do something because Stafford has only 4tds this season to 6 ints, including a horrible pick 6 today targeting Kupp.

Van Jefferson needs to come back quickly. It seems McVay's offense needs 3 dependable wrs for it to work.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:26 am

Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:13 am Mcvay better do something because Stafford has only 4tds this season to 6 ints, including a horrible pick 6 today targeting Kupp.

Van Jefferson needs to come back quickly. It seems McVay's offense needs 3 dependable wrs for it to work.
Stafford's elbow isn't right. That throw to Higbee at the GL is a great example of it. He's not healthy. The signs have been there all off season. McVay can't fix Stafford's elbow. Robinson is still washed, but the Rams are in trouble.

I see McVay's career possibly going the way of Gruden's, post SB win. Gruden didn't have a first or 2nd to work with, after he took an aging win now team to a SB win, (due to the trade that sent him to the Bucs). Gruden took their offense to where it needed to be, and took a 9-7 Wild Card losing team to a 12-4 diviison title, and SB. Sorry, all the "hE tooK the TeAm DuNgy buILT" people, but that's crap. Dungy didn't build anything, he wasn't a GM. He had a great defensive roster, and was a good defensive coach, but Gruden in his hay day was a great HC, and took that team to another level. His 2nd stint, the game had changed, and his coaching style just didn't really work, he was still a decent offensive mind, but it was a new era, he'd been away too long. He shouldn't have been controlling a roster, he was a good coach once, but Al Davis built that roster he won with in Oakland, and someone else in TB. He did really well as a coach, coaching another person's roster. Not so much when he was given full control.

I don't think McVay can overcome an aging roster, a QB who has a bad elbow, no OL, no good RB's, and only 1 good WR. This team peaked last year, and they will see years of mediocrity now, but they won a SB. They sold out for that, but it's over for this team for a while now.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Tue Oct 04, 2022 3:28 am

It's going to be even more apparent that ARob is done when Van Jefferson returns and starts producing WR2 stats. I really feel for VJ that this was his year to ascend and his injury has stolen his shine for the start of the season. But ARob's putrid performance so far has made it apparent that VJ's time is now.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, CWilliams
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JFord, Corum, JWright
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, Q Johnston, DeDouglas, MCorley
TE: Goedert, Okongwo
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, DLloyd; (DE/DL) Sieler; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, Singletary, AJD, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, VJefferson, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:24 am

This team is going into the dumpster. It will take a few years, but they have nothing left but aging players on bloated contracts, and no draft capital. It worked, they won, but they are going to fall back down for years now. Kupp is a great player to have on a win now or redraft team. Anyone beyond that, I don't see any long term value, or short term value.
Janiel Dones Truther

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:13 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:24 am This team is going into the dumpster. It will take a few years, but they have nothing left but aging players on bloated contracts, and no draft capital. It worked, they won, but they are going to fall back down for years now. Kupp is a great player to have on a win now or redraft team. Anyone beyond that, I don't see any long term value, or short term value.
I'll chime in with this relevant piece of glory:

"Allen Robinson signed a contract with $30.75 million guaranteed.

In 2023, he has $26.45 million in dead cap.

He’s a Ram for the next 2 years."

:crazy:

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:20 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:24 am This team is going into the dumpster. It will take a few years, but they have nothing left but aging players on bloated contracts, and no draft capital. It worked, they won, but they are going to fall back down for years now. Kupp is a great player to have on a win now or redraft team. Anyone beyond that, I don't see any long term value, or short term value.
They kicked the can down the road to win a title. It worked, but eventually the bill always comes due.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Nix
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, Connor, Benson
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Woods

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:21 am

Looks like I'm off on my A-Rob prediction.

If the Rams offense is just going to live and die by feeding Kupp 15-20 times a game, then they're cooked.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:24 am

Orenthal Shames wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:20 am
They kicked the can down the road to win a title. It worked, but eventually the bill always comes due.
Yep. As the Saints did, but even worse. At least they won, though. Payton was smart enough to know. That's why he got out. I doubt he's finished, but he knew Jameis and what was going on there was only going to be a headache, and lead him nowhere. McVay I'm pretty sure loves the bright lights of LA as much as the sound of his own voice, or at least almost as much. He probably thinks he can turn it around....thought the retirement thing perhaps was a recognition they had peaked, this off season. Maybe he'll take some "family time" and retire after all. There's nothing on this roster in a few years, it's going to be a mess.

The Rams were very lucky to link up with the Bengals, me thinks. They were probably the 3rd best team in that conference, but any given Sunday. KC and the Bills, I think would have beaten the Rams, but they beat each other up, and KC choked in the AFC title game, to the benefit of LA.
Janiel Dones Truther

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:27 am

Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:33 am Stafford only has eyes for Kupp. It's ridiculous.

Maybe Arob needs to complain in the press like woods did last season before Mcvay started calling his number.
Arob is completely washed. He was last year IMO

This isn’t a QB issue it’s a WR that now has the speed of an O lineman.

He can’t separate at all and looks like he is going through the motions. Doesn’t help Stafford is lucky to get 2 seconds to throw with that line.

Arob has his money so there is that but he is an afterthought.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:31 am

Anteaters wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:28 pm Can I take my victory lap about ARob, or should I wait a couple more weeks? Too soon?
Weekly victory laps are the norm these days. Carry on.

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:15 am

My issue with the staff only has eyes for kupp narrative is that it's ignoring the fact that while yes kupps target numbers are high its not some unheard of number, its about 36% which is high but it's not obscenely off his from last year, jjeff last year or adams for years. The issue is Arob is currently a distant third behind kupp with 54 and higbee with 38 targets and about even to Ben skownerek

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:23 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:24 am
Yep. As the Saints did, but even worse. At least they won, though. Payton was smart enough to know. That's why he got out. I doubt he's finished, but he knew Jameis and what was going on there was only going to be a headache, and lead him nowhere. McVay I'm pretty sure loves the bright lights of LA as much as the sound of his own voice, or at least almost as much. He probably thinks he can turn it around....thought the retirement thing perhaps was a recognition they had peaked, this off season. Maybe he'll take some "family time" and retire after all. There's nothing on this roster in a few years, it's going to be a mess.
Hopefully the commish made Stan Kroenke pay his league dues in advance the next couple of season before those trades. :lol:
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Nix
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, Connor, Benson
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Woods

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Tue Oct 04, 2022 11:03 am

Shanahan and the 9ers absolutely own the Rams and McVay so last night is not the best indication of who the Rams are, but no doubt they have major glaring holes on offense.

With that said, it's no coincide they're not targeting Robinson. He's clearly not getting open in practice and that and their lack of confidence in him has carried over to games.

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Tue Oct 04, 2022 11:04 am

Was there even an explanation why they dumped Woods and signed Robinson? That was a strange move. ACLs aren't that big of a deal once recovered.

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:35 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:24 am

The Rams were very lucky to link up with the Bengals, me thinks. They were probably the 3rd best team in that conference, but any given Sunday. KC and the Bills, I think would have beaten the Rams, but they beat each other up, and KC choked in the AFC title game, to the benefit of LA.
Whoa, take it easy there with the doom and gloom.

The Rams were down to their 3rd string interior olinemen in this game. Nothing is gonna work in that situation. Once their starters get healthy the Rams offense should look better.