General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Re: OTA's/Training Camp Discussion

Postby ericanadian » Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:05 pm

Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:57 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:49 pm
Bronco Billy wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:15 am Bellinger is a poor man’s Kittle. Kittle had to wait half a season to start and didn’t have a huge rookie year, and his only competition then was Celek.

It may take a little for Bellinger to get some traction. I’m not sure how much value he’s going to gain in year 1, although he is dirt cheap right now (also paralleling Kittle). The concern for current Bellinger owners is if he does manage to bypass RSJ and Akins by the end of the year is that if you do try to capitalize, what kind of future upside are you willing to forego? Antsy Kittle owners who traded him away after his rookie year lived to regret it.
I'm doubt I will regret trading Bellinger away as much as Kittle owners did. In fact I'm almost positive. I tend to flip guys like this, unless I really believe in them. It's like the discussion people had with Ty'Son Williams (damn, one of the bad 2 letter before apostrophe players), and Michael Strachan. Flipping these guys will work out almost all the time. The odd time, you may miss out, but the overall process tends to work out. Bellinger does have better draft capital though, so I would want more than for either of those 2 examples.
preston williams is the poster child for this strategy. the amount of picks i shooed away because i thought he was wr1 material. unfortunately, getting injured in both of his first two years in the league marked the death knell to his career.
Sucks when its Russell Wilson though…
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

pvillebiker
Captain
Captain

Postby pvillebiker » Sat Jun 11, 2022 10:21 am

BabyChark23
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BabyChark23 » Sat Jun 11, 2022 1:17 pm

pvillebiker wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 10:21 am anybody buying the early Jahan Dotson OTA love?

https://twitter.com/DanHellie/status/15 ... 553cwLZHeQ

https://twitter.com/AdamBreneman81/stat ... 6eQSmWjT0g
I like the player, but my opinion hasn’t changed based on any of these reports. This time last year all the beat writers were “buzzing” about Shenault.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Sat Jun 11, 2022 1:39 pm

pvillebiker wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 10:21 am anybody buying the early Jahan Dotson OTA love?

Best buy in the draft this year. Offseason chatter doesn't really matter that much, though.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:39 pm

ThunderTung wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:34 am like ever year, all i hear from reports is how great everyone on my roster is doing.

Still waiting on these reports to turn into W's on my win column, but its gotta happen one of these year right?.... right?
Padless offseason workouts are a great time to flip players with low odds of success. Clockwork.

Who is this years Jake Funk, Mike Strachan and Javien Hawkins?

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Jun 11, 2022 8:28 pm

dynastyninja wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 1:39 pm

Best buy in the draft this year. Offseason chatter doesn't really matter that much, though.
Yep. Though it's better than "he looks slow, and shows up to practice with a bag of cheeseburgers and a glazed over look in his eyes every day".
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

pvillebiker
Captain
Captain

Postby pvillebiker » Sun Jun 12, 2022 7:55 am

Ended up taking him at 1.12, so it'll be intriguing to see what he does when the pads come on with contact.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Sun Jun 12, 2022 9:12 pm

DJ Moore says Ben McAdoo's playbook is "treacherous". Sounds like it's difficult to learn. Also, possible they add QB competition- curious how they'll weigh familiarity with the scheme. Whether they do add one depends on what the GM and HC say in a week or so after OTAs end.

Tough scheme, bad/young QB, potential QB import after OTAs... sounds like we're in for another rough year for DJ Moore.

https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/lists ... ce=twitter
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Mon Jun 13, 2022 6:46 am

Pullo Vision wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 9:12 pm DJ Moore says Ben McAdoo's playbook is "treacherous". Sounds like it's difficult to learn. Also, possible they add QB competition- curious how they'll weigh familiarity with the scheme. Whether they do add one depends on what the GM and HC say in a week or so after OTAs end.

Tough scheme, bad/young QB, potential QB import after OTAs... sounds like we're in for another rough year for DJ Moore.

https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/lists ... ce=twitter
Oh Bob AacAdoo.

“It’s long, it’s treacherous, but it’s built for the NFL. It showed that it worked when he was calling it in New York and all the other places that he been. So just gon’ keep goin’ with it.”

I don't remember NYG having a great offense? Perhaps making a extremely complex offense that your new QBs can't learn isn't in the best interest for success.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:50 am

McLaurin holding out. New QB, and no time together. Wentz missed training camp last year, now he's missing what would be his top WR. Are the Commando's going to sign him, fine him? How much time will he miss?
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:13 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:50 am McLaurin holding out. New QB, and no time together. Wentz missed training camp last year, now he's missing what would be his top WR. Are the Commando's going to sign him, fine him? How much time will he miss?
Pretty sure he gets fined for missing mandatory training now. Something like 31k per day per the new CBA. All these WRs wanting to get paid and contracts getting a little out of control.

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:08 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:39 pm
ThunderTung wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:34 am like ever year, all i hear from reports is how great everyone on my roster is doing.

Still waiting on these reports to turn into W's on my win column, but its gotta happen one of these year right?.... right?
Padless offseason workouts are a great time to flip players with low odds of success. Clockwork.

Who is this years Jake Funk, Mike Strachan and Javien Hawkins?
This is the way
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Nix
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, Connor, Benson
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Woods

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:28 am

CGW wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:13 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:50 am McLaurin holding out. New QB, and no time together. Wentz missed training camp last year, now he's missing what would be his top WR. Are the Commando's going to sign him, fine him? How much time will he miss?
Pretty sure he gets fined for missing mandatory training now. Something like 31k per day per the new CBA. All these WRs wanting to get paid and contracts getting a little out of control.
He is one of the best young WR's in the game. They will sign him pretty soon I suspect. He will only cost more and it will be more daily than whatever the fine is going forward.

Teams would line up to pay him 20 million per season. He is in the final year of his deal at around 2.8 million. He is way better than that these days.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Tue Jun 14, 2022 12:28 pm

Ice wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:28 am
CGW wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:13 pm
He is one of the best young WR's in the game. They will sign him pretty soon I suspect. He will only cost more and it will be more daily than whatever the fine is going forward.

Teams would line up to pay him 20 million per season. He is in the final year of his deal at around 2.8 million. He is way better than that these days.
Welcome to the realities of the new rookie wage scale where teams will leverage anything they can to put off paying you then cut em the second play slips of injuries stack up

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Tue Jun 14, 2022 1:02 pm

Bears playing their 5th round rookie at LT with the 1's.

Can anyone name a member of the Bears o-line? Gabe Carimi???